Fanfiction The Palmer Prologues

Capri

dune agenda
THE PALMER PROLOGUES
=============================​
CHAPTER ONE
CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Maddie scribbled across the page, green grass, blue sky, yellow sun, and a little girl playing with a red ball against the brown bark of a tree.

Maddie looked up and presented her drawing to her audience with anticipating eyes.

“Do you like it?” she asked.

Said audience, an older man with a handlebar mustache, got up and looked at the paper.

View attachment 4875

“Wow! That looks great, Maddie!” the man said.

Maddie placed the paper on her little table and looked at the man.

“Mr. Eduard? Why can’t I leave the house?” she said, a confused look on her face.

Eduard smiles and places a hand on Maddie’s shoulder.

“Well that’s not up to me, if it were up to me I’d let you play outside whenever you like!” Eduard responded, “That decision was made by Mr. Wren. I don’t know why that decision was made, but I trust it, since Mr. Wren knows better,”
=============================

View attachment 4876
Wren taps his fingers on the table, his eyes dart from side to side. The paranoid man’s nerves are clearly through the roof.

Across from him sits Eduard, a lump clearly visible in his throat.

“So, Mr. Patrice,” Wren says, “Has anything unusual been happening with the angel recently?”

“She has a name, your honor,” Eduard says.

“I don’t care!” Wren snaps, “Is there anything to report?”

“Nothing out of the ordinary for a child her age, your honor,” Eduard says, beads of sweat forming on his forehead, “She has been wondering about the outside more than usual, but this is typical for a girl her age,”

“Do you have any suggestions to curb her curiosity?”

“I say, just take her outside, but...”

“That is not an option,”

“I know that, your honor, but I can’t think of any other way,”

“Have you heard the saying ‘curiosity kills the cat’, Mr. Patrice?”

“Yes, your honor, I was hoping you had any other suggesti-”

“Silence! I will have no more of this back-talk, Mr. Patrice!”

“Your honor!”

Wren pulled out his silenced pistol and shot Eduard. His now dead body slumped over.

EDUARD PATRICE - DECEASED - SHOT BY WREN THOMAS

As blood pooled onto the table, Wren felt no remorse. His eyes wandered to the picture of Clovis next to him, her eyes giving him confirmation that what he did was right.

View attachment 4877
Maddie’s picture stared at Wren, but did nothing, since it was a picture.
=============================
In truth, this isn’t what happened at first. Eduard lived at first, he didn’t die.

Wren trusted Eduard at first, and gave him a chance. This gave Maddie 7 extra days with Eduard before it happened.

The moment the multiverse was destroyed and rebuilt by Othinus.

That was what happened at first. The restructuring of the multiverse caused Wren to have a vision, which caused him to become paranoid, which caused him to shoot Eduard.

But, of course, Maddie doesn’t know this. Eduard didn’t know this. Hell, even Wren doesn’t know this.

It all ends someday.

Back