Non-Canon The Paper Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
B A N D
"He is..." The Mirror Masked woman half hummed, half sung. "It is. The way flutist plucks on that... that part of the lute... And the way that flutist... the way he blows on that... part of the flute. It's all so... beautiful. Almost makes one wish that one new a bloody thing about music... Almost..." She chuckled softly, the tip of her mask quivering upon the tip of her chin. "Maybe knowing about music would rob it of its beauty. It might... turn music into math, if that makes any sense... I don't know if it does. Not knowing... It's like a mask. This song could be easy to play, it could be near impossible. It could be sheet-perfect, it might be out of tune. I'll never know for sure. But for now, for this one, sweet moment... I can delude myself into thinking that it's everything I'm missing... I believe that I love it... and that's enough... that's enough for me." The Mirror Masked women pulled her gaze away from the flutist for a fleeting moment. She sighed, her eyes sinking down to the ribbon coated floor. "It's better to not know, sometimes. It's better not to ask, not to move. I don't want to know what's behind the curtain..." Her eyes drifted back up towards the flutist. "Because if not as good as I dreamed it to be... if the truth is so much worse than my perfect little lie... I'd hate to wake up one morning, missing my ignorance, longing for my stupidity..." She froze for a beat. "I'm not making sense. Please... just smile and nod, and pretend to get it... Pretend that I'm still.... I don't know.... reasonable..."

@Minerva

Rose bit the inside of her lip. This woman sure was confusing. She did as was asked, and nodded her head. She knew some of music. More of plays than of music, but she supposed it was similar. Ada knew more of math than Rose, and would have been able to go into more of an explanation, but Rose was one of the best journalists in England. She nodded and opened her mouth to speak, offering a soft smile.

I suppose one must Treat music like a painting, not like math.” Rose said calmly, bringing her own comparison. “Each instrument a color on the pallet, each note played a brushstroke. It all comes together to make something, well, tangible.” She tilted her head towards a violin player who was improvising to keep up. “It doesn’t need to be perfect, as even a flaw can lead to beauty. An imperfection has its own special beauty to it.”​

Gavin Reed

There was a lot of thing that Gavin was good at. He was a good detective (sure, he was a little corrupt but so were most cops.), a good partner, good at insults and when it came down to it, he was good at telling lies. Especially to himself. He took a sip of some of the beer. "Well, I can see that you too take your job of guarding very seriously, you're both so well built," he replied, choosing his next words incredibly carefully. " If it is not too much of a bother, I would love to know the way to the nearest bathroom. I forgot how much of a lightweight I am and I surely don't sully Grandfather's floors. It wouldn't be a great first impression to make on the man."

@Sark

Daughter had been confused upon receiving the invitation. She had no grandfather. However, her curiosity got the best of her, and she found a way to come. At nearly seven feet tall, the glowing woman towered over many of the partygoers, and she looked around for someone to speak with. All three of the wives were occupied, and as a Force Wielder, she had no need for a drink. All she had needed before moving to Mortis was her daily bath in the Pool of Knowledge, and after going to Mortis, she did not need even that. However, for politeness sake, she took a cup of some sort of tea before walking around.

Across the dance floor, a partygoer froze, his eyes wide with awe and terror at the sight of Korra's 'glow'. His lips slipped into a flurry of mutters.
"Par Dieu... Une sorcière... Délivre moi Sainte Marie... Christ aie pitié..."
Dazed, he stumbled into a twirling stranger or too. With a whimpering squeal, he vanished into the sea of spiraling skirts.

Daughter followed the man, her long strides getting her to him quickly, but not fast enough to make a scene, tactfully dodging the dancers. Her height allowed her to find him easily, and she approached him slowly. "Excuse me, are you alright?" Unbeknownst to the Force Wielder, her appearance and voice could easily be mistaken for a deity or an angel or its equivalent.

Last edited:
"...Suppose not," Kyoshi remarked before awkwardly looking out over the rest of the partygoers. It was certainly liberating that she wasn't being swarmed but still. "Yeah maybe, though that doesn't really fill me with reassurance." Another moment of awkward silence later. "So...where are you from, Korra?"

@Sark @Takumi

"...Suppose not," Kyoshi remarked before awkwardly looking out over the rest of the partygoers. It was certainly liberating that she wasn't being swarmed but still. "Yeah maybe, though that doesn't really fill me with reassurance." Another moment of awkward silence later. "So...where are you from, Korra?"

@Sark @Takumi

"I'm from the Southern Water Tribe, but I live in a place called Republic City now. It's part of the Earth Kingdom. Sort of. Let's just say, things are...different, in some places and the same in others compared to your time?" She answered, growing a bit awkward herself. The waterbender quickly realized that she wasn't sure where to steer the conversation now that she was given the reigns, there were quite a few options.

"Uh, and you? Anywhere specific you see as a second home?" She scratched the back of her head. Korra didn't think she'd ever get over meeting another Avatar like this, in all honesty.

@Sark @Jeremi

"Not really, no." That was a lie, but she wanted to keep Rangi as her special place secret. Wasn't really anything you bring up in a first conversation after all. "I'm from the Earth Kingdom too...technically. It's complicated but uh...I guess you know about all that. Being from the future and all."

@Takumi @Sark

"Not really, no." That was a lie, but she wanted to keep Rangi as her special place secret. Wasn't really anything you bring up in a first conversation after all. "I'm from the Earth Kingdom too...technically. It's complicated but uh...I guess you know about all that. Being from the future and all."

@Takumi @Sark

"Yeah, makes sense." Korra replied, rubbing the back of her head. Now what was there to talk about? She racked her brain for a moment.

"You know, despite the crime rates rise and fall...and the occasional chaos of Avatar work, I think you might've liked Republic City." She spoke up. Other than the crime and gangs, the city did have a bit of charm. It was also a beautiful place, at times.

"It can be real beautiful sometimes, but I think it's the fact that it's the home of my friends as well as where I live that makes it that way." She shrugged. Bolin would of probably loved to have met Kyoshi. Maybe not like this, but who knew?

"I don't know if you'd like the guy in charge of it though, sometimes he's so....ugh." She huffed, blowing some of her hair out of her face.

@Sark @Jeremi

ZHONGLI
@Sark @Yun Lee @Jackythejack
“Got a lot of fancy vocabulary there. Ever though about writing a book?” Muntz laughed, a smile on his face. Though he had disappeared from human society for decades, he liked to think he was still fairly charismatic all the same.

“I’ve been outside the States for a long time. Not too surprised you don’t know who I am. I plan on making a big return soon, though, so prepare for that.” He winked, before looking to the glass of wine. Trying to keep his manners, he shook his head.

“Oh, no, no thank you. I got all I need right here.” He gestured with his glass of champagne. “You seem like quite a character yourself. What’s your story?”
@Capri

"I'm just an old soul from Liyue," Zhongli said matter-of-factly, "I'm actually the consultant for the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. Met a lot of souls there, made me the man you're meeting today,"

He took another swig of his wine.

"As for writing a book, I'm not an author. I leave the writing to the authors and people over at the Yae Publishing House over in Inazuma,"
The second Michiko stepped off the boat, she knew this was a terrible idea.

First of all, her mask was far too revealing. She should've realized how vulnerable it would feel to have part of her face exposed, compared to some of the more extravagant masks of the others. In fact, that was another thing: her outfit was so simple compared to everyone else that it almost made her stick out in a cruel, inverted way. The thought of eyes on her, words being whispered and laughed over...it was enough to make Michiko feel sick to her stomach. She'd felt this way before, long ago, as a young newlywed just setting foot in England...and thinking of how that Cinderella story had ended in tragedy would just make this feeling worse.

But relief was right there, on the drink table: the Geisha could smell her favorite tea a mile away. A specialty from a local shop back home, made in-house and unavailable for purchase. It had been something she knew she'd have to give up when she'd left with Miles, but to see it here once more...! Michiko started for the table, but froze once she spotted others there. Oh dear...too many people. Maybe she could take a bit of time to steel her nerves before approach? Michiko would proceed to wander along the outer edges of the courtyard, hoping to find a quiet place to bring her cup of tea to. After all that had happened, an escape route wasn't something to take for granted.

@Sark @Capri @Jackythejack
Noticing Michiko, he extended his hand.

"No need to be shy," he said, "Come and have a seat, madame,"

"Crime never goes away, huh?" Kyoshi lamented, though she was hoping that the corruption from the ones in power was not as rampant as it was in her time. Wishful thinking. Though at Korra's comment she'd let out a chuckle. "If you know my history you'd know I also had a hard time with the rulers of my time. You just have to tell them where the line goes, and what happens when they cross it."

@Takumi @Sark

"I'm not much for parties either, but I don't mind keeping you company for a while. If that's alright with both of you?" She asked both the masked woman and Kyoshi. It'd be best to stay near the other Avatar for at least a little while.
As the mystery person spoke up Kyoshi was quick to bow her head profusely. "I apologize if I disturbed you by coming here or spoke out of turn." She quickly realized she was still holding unto her glass of wine and tipped it up to not spill any of the contents on the floor.
M O O N
"No... no it's fine..."
The Feather-Bearded woman hummed nervously in response to Kyoshi's bow. Her hand slowly drifted towards her ruffled collar. "It's not... you're not at fault at all, Madams. Your manners... they're impeccable. You honor me, strangers, and yet I have done naught to deserve it." She tipped her head and bowed in turn, raising her dress with a trembling hand as she descended far lower than her rank demanded. "Your company is... convivial. You both speak so.... strangely. Please, find no offense in my words. These stories you tell... stories of Avatars and Kingdoms far beyond France... They interest me so. Please, if it is not too much to ask of you... I would love to learn some more. Being so far from home, these miraculous lands of which you speak... they evoke some sort of... comfort within me, a comfort I have long since longed for, and long since lacked...'

@Takumi @Jeremi
Slowly, he approached the table. He paused for a moment, listening to their conversation, before interrupting. “Excuse me, adventurer Charles Muntz. I’d hate to interrupt but I must ask...”

He looked to the woman, and gestured towards her mask. “Is that genuine lion fur? Because if it is, I must say, I like your style. Only the authentic, not the fake fur others wear.” He smiled, though not like she could know because of his mask.
D R I N K S - T A B L E
"Oh, this old thing?"
The Lioness purred smugly, plucking upon her furs. Oh, she had been waiting for someone to ask her that all night. "Yes. It's very much real. The filthy little bitch put up a nasty fight for it too. I've never seen a beast swallow so many arrows and still twitch as you skin it. Still. The thrill of the kill, the thrill of the dissection, makes it all the more... empowering, no? Anyone can buy a fur. Very few have the guts required to claim one." The Huntress raised her glass. "To hell with the frauds. We're the genuine item, you and I. Hunters, as nature intended. A toast, to authenticity..." She fell silent for a beat. "And to you, Mr.Muntz..."

“What can I say?” Zhongli said to the woman, “I’m an old soul,”

Taking the hand, he gave a polite bow, “Zhongli, madam, manager of the Wangsheng funeral parlor of Liyue,”
The Lioness went quiet, suspiciously so. The hiatus of speech that followed Zhongli's introduction summoned an aura of tension. The Lioness was loud and proud, and the silence she now expressed brought with in aria of suspense.
"Oh, is this some ill-conceived attempt at humor? Manager at a Funeral Parlor, are you? Oh... Oh no... Sweetie..." The Lioness scoffed, a smile slithering across her once stoic lips. A laugh spluttered from her pursed lips. She tried to stifle the first two, but by the time the third chuckled bubbled up from the depths of her belly, the dam of her response finally cracked. "Oh, Sweetie..." She cooed. "You really are common, aren't you? Oh Sweetie... What to do with you..." Her tongue danced upon her top lip. "How did a lowborn peasant like yourself come into such fine garments? Theft, no doubt." The Lioness plucked Zhongli's drink from his hand and set it down upon the table. As soon as it left her grasp, she wiped her hand upon her gown as if she were scrubbing the stain of poverty from her fingertips. "The Cathedral is just down the road from here. If you're looking for charity, kindly leave the gentry in peace and go beg for bread there. As it stands, you're simply cluttering up this very exclusive event..."
The second Michiko stepped off the boat, she knew this was a terrible idea.

First of all, her mask was far too revealing. She should've realized how vulnerable it would feel to have part of her face exposed, compared to some of the more extravagant masks of the others. In fact, that was another thing: her outfit was so simple compared to everyone else that it almost made her stick out in a cruel, inverted way. The thought of eyes on her, words being whispered and laughed over...it was enough to make Michiko feel sick to her stomach. She'd felt this way before, long ago, as a young newlywed just setting foot in England...and thinking of how that Cinderella story had ended in tragedy would just make this feeling worse.

But relief was right there, on the drink table: the Geisha could smell her favorite tea a mile away. A specialty from a local shop back home, made in-house and unavailable for purchase. It had been something she knew she'd have to give up when she'd left with Miles, but to see it here once more...! Michiko started for the table, but froze once she spotted others there. Oh dear...too many people. Maybe she could take a bit of time to steel her nerves before approach? Michiko would proceed to wander along the outer edges of the courtyard, hoping to find a quiet place to bring her cup of tea to. After all that had happened, an escape route wasn't something to take for granted.
"No need to be shy," he said, "Come and have a seat, madame,"
"Yes... Come, Come," Another Masquerade attendant approached the drink's table, a glass of champagne already fixed between his sharpened fingernails. "The paint you wear upon your face... It must have taken you hours to perfect. Clearly, it was time well spent, for perfect it is..."
View attachment 10317
"It would be a shame for such an impeccable vision to be deformed beneath the weight of lonely tears..." The Matador smirked, offering Michiko a glass of white wine. "Drink with us. Laugh with us. Laugh, as if laugh-lines were but a myth. One of the Wives just called the Archon a peasant... I suspect that the night's entertainment just click up a notch..."

@Yun Lee @Capri @Jackythejack

Daughter followed the man, her long strides getting her to him quickly, but not fast enough to make a scene, tactfully dodging the dancers. Her height allowed her to find him easily, and she approached him slowly. "Excuse me, are you alright?" Unbeknownst to the Force Wielder, her appearance and voice could easily be mistaken for a deity or an angel or its equivalent.
S C A R E D - M A N
Daughter's words of comfort simply filled the man with a greater, more primal terror. Witnessing the Avatars glow in the courtyard might have placed a deathly fright within the stranger, but the angelic visage of Daughter stopped his heart mid-beat. The strength to flee was expelled from within him. He fell to his knees, trembling and weeping.
"Sorcière!" He stammered through his tears, his lips aflutter. "Sorcière de la Maison! Pardonne-moi! Pardonne! J'ai fait mes offrandes! J'ai fait! Nous avons fait tout ce que Papy a demandé... Nous vous avons donné notre récolte... Nous n'avons plus rien à donner... Nous avons à peine de quoi manger... Pour donner à nos propres églises... Freyja... S'il te plaît... Je n'ai plus rien à donner... S'il vous plaît... Laissez-moi vivre... S'il vous plaît..."

@Nyssa Dunlap

Gavin Reed

There was a lot of thing that Gavin was good at. He was a good detective (sure, he was a little corrupt but so were most cops.), a good partner, good at insults and when it came down to it, he was good at telling lies. Especially to himself. He took a sip of some of the beer. "Well, I can see that you too take your job of guarding very seriously, you're both so well built," he replied, choosing his next words incredibly carefully. " If it is not too much of a bother, I would love to know the way to the nearest bathroom. I forgot how much of a lightweight I am and I surely don't sully Grandfather's floors. It wouldn't be a great first impression to make on the man."

@Sark
D O O R S
The Guard fell silent for a minute that crawled on for an hour. He looked left. He looked right. His dazes eyes blinked thrice, slowly. A slack jaw swung lose. A heartbeat later, he willed himself to speak.
"What in the Lord's name is a Bathroom?" He fell silent again. "Are you looking for the Old Roman Baths? They're... They're not in Rouen, Mouseiur. The Thermes de Cluny... they're in Paris. But they're in ruins. They haven't in open to the public for well-over a thousand years. I don't know how I can help you, monsieur..." Gavin's simply request has baffled the Guard. His head drifted to one side as he struggled to decode his intentions. "I can't imagine how a bath could fit inside a house. They're énorme. They need buildings all to themselves, you know. If you're looking to wash yourself, the River Seine is not far from here. We have a water-trough nearby, too, but that's... that's only for the horses. Are you feeling okay, Monsieur? Would you like me to call a Doctor? Whatever malaise is haunting you, I'm sure it's nothing a jar of leeches and a bout of bloodletting can't fix..."

@Lucky

Rose bit the inside of her lip. This woman sure was confusing. She did as was asked, and nodded her head. She knew some of music. More of plays than of music, but she supposed it was similar. Ada knew more of math than Rose, and would have been able to go into more of an explanation, but Rose was one of the best journalists in England. She nodded and opened her mouth to speak, offering a soft smile.

I suppose one must Treat music like a painting, not like math.” Rose said calmly, bringing her own comparison. “Each instrument a color on the pallet, each note played a brushstroke. It all comes together to make something, well, tangible.” She tilted her head towards a violin player who was improvising to keep up. “It doesn’t need to be perfect, as even a flaw can lead to beauty. An imperfection has its own special beauty to it.
B A N D
"Yes!"
The Mirror replied eagerly, almost greedily, the Rose's insight. "It's art! It's all art! Good or bad, right or wrong, art moves us. Art doesn't come with an instruction manual. You can't put spirit in a box. You can't..." Her words faded as her eyes those of the Flutist for one, endless moment. Her lips started to quake. Her fingers ventured northward towards her collar, where they fiddled and twitched as if their lives depended upon it. Every breath she swallowed somehow seemed heavier than the last. The Flutist, oblivious to both his admirer and her admiration, pulled his gaze away from his audience and returned it to his instrument. Mirror's heart froze. Stunned, she simply existed for a minute or too. She couldn't bring herself to speak. She could hardly bring herself to think. Once she mustered the strength to do either, she presented Rose with a simple yet remarkably terrible idea. "Introduce me." She murmured, her eyes flickering over to Rose. "Please..." She mumbled, composing herself. "Please, could you introduce me to the Flutist? I want to... But I... I mean, I know how to, but when I try I... I..." The elegance with which the partygoer had once spoken had long since been submerged beneath a sea of nervousness and self-doubt. "I can't do it alone. I know, we've only just met. I know, I'm being childish. I know, it's sad. But you're the only person I've spoken too all night who seems to be on my wavelength... You get me. So please... Lend me a hand?"

@Minerva

"Crime never goes away, huh?" Kyoshi lamented, though she was hoping that the corruption from the ones in power was not as rampant as it was in her time. Wishful thinking. Though at Korra's comment she'd let out a chuckle. "If you know my history you'd know I also had a hard time with the rulers of my time. You just have to tell them where the line goes, and what happens when they cross it."

@Takumi @Sark

Korra grinned at Kyoshi's response, her eyes practically sparkling for a moment.

"Well, he's tried to undermine and intimidate me before, but I let him know right away that you can't intimidate me easily." She answered with a chuckle.

M O O N
"No... no it's fine..."
The Feather-Bearded woman hummed nervously in response to Kyoshi's bow. Her hand slowly drifted towards her ruffled collar. "It's not... you're not at fault at all, Madams. Your manners... they're impeccable. You honor me, strangers, and yet I have done naught to deserve it." She tipped her head and bowed in turn, raising her dress with a trembling hand as she descended far lower than her rank demanded. "Your company is... convivial. You both speak so.... strangely. Please, find no offense in my words. These stories you tell... stories of Avatars and Kingdoms far beyond France... They interest me so. Please, if it is not too much to ask of you... I would love to learn some more. Being so far from home, these miraculous lands of which you speak... they evoke some sort of... comfort within me, a comfort I have long since longed for, and long since lacked...'

@Takumi @Jeremi

D R I N K S - T A B L E
"Oh, this old thing?"
The Lioness purred smugly, plucking upon her furs. Oh, she had been waiting for someone to ask her that all night. "Yes. It's very much real. The filthy little bitch put up a nasty fight for it too. I've never seen a beast swallow so many arrows and still twitch as you skin it. Still. The thrill of the kill, the thrill of the dissection, makes it all the more... empowering, no? Anyone can buy a fur. Very few have the guts required to claim one." The Huntress raised her glass. "To hell with the frauds. We're the genuine item, you and I. Hunters, as nature intended. A toast, to authenticity..." She fell silent for a beat. "And to you, Mr.Muntz..."

The Lioness went quiet, suspiciously so. The hiatus of speech that followed Zhongli's introduction summoned an aura of tension. The Lioness was loud and proud, and the silence she now expressed brought with in aria of suspense.
"Oh, is this some ill-conceived attempt at humor? Manager at a Funeral Parlor, are you? Oh... Oh no... Sweetie..." The Lioness scoffed, a smile slithering across her once stoic lips. A laugh spluttered from her pursed lips. She tried to stifle the first two, but by the time the third chuckled bubbled up from the depths of her belly, the dam of her response finally cracked. "Oh, Sweetie..." She cooed. "You really are common, aren't you? Oh Sweetie... What to do with you..." Her tongue danced upon her top lip. "How did a lowborn peasant like yourself come into such fine garments? Theft, no doubt." The Lioness plucked Zhongli's drink from his hand and set it down upon the table. As soon as it left her grasp, she wiped her hand upon her gown as if she were scrubbing the stain of poverty from her fingertips. "The Cathedral is just down the road from here. If you're looking for charity, kindly leave the gentry in peace and go beg for bread there. As it stands, you're simply cluttering up this very exclusive event..."

"Yes... Come, Come," Another Masquerade attendant approached the drink's table, a glass of champagne already fixed between his sharpened fingernails. "The paint you wear upon your face... It must have taken you hours to perfect. Clearly, it was time well spent, for perfect it is..."
View attachment 10317
"It would be a shame for such an impeccable vision to be deformed beneath the weight of lonely tears..." The Matador smirked, offering Michiko a glass of white wine. "Drink with us. Laugh with us. Laugh, as if laugh-lines were but a myth. One of the Wives just called the Archon a peasant... I suspect that the night's entertainment just click up a notch..."

@Yun Lee @Capri @Jackythejack

S C A R E D - M A N
Daughter's words of comfort simply filled the man with a greater, more primal terror. Witnessing the Avatars glow in the courtyard might have placed a deathly fright within the stranger, but the angelic visage of Daughter stopped his heart mid-beat. The strength to flee was expelled from within him. He fell to his knees, trembling and weeping.
"Sorcière!" He stammered through his tears, his lips aflutter. "Sorcière de la Maison! Pardonne-moi! Pardonne! J'ai fait mes offrandes! J'ai fait! Nous avons fait tout ce que Papy a demandé... Nous vous avons donné notre récolte... Nous n'avons plus rien à donner... Nous avons à peine de quoi manger... Pour donner à nos propres églises... Freyja... S'il te plaît... Je n'ai plus rien à donner... S'il vous plaît... Laissez-moi vivre... S'il vous plaît..."

@Nyssa Dunlap

D O O R S
The Guard fell silent for a minute that crawled on for an hour. He looked left. He looked right. His dazes eyes blinked thrice, slowly. A slack jaw swung lose. A heartbeat later, he willed himself to speak.
"What in the Lord's name is a Bathroom?" He fell silent again. "Are you looking for the Old Roman Baths? They're... They're not in Rouen, Mouseiur. The Thermes de Cluny... they're in Paris. But they're in ruins. They haven't in open to the public for well-over a thousand years. I don't know how I can help you, monsieur..." Gavin's simply request has baffled the Guard. His head drifted to one side as he struggled to decode his intentions. "I can't imagine how a bath could fit inside a house. They're énorme. They need buildings all to themselves, you know. If you're looking to wash yourself, the River Seine is not far from here. We have a water-trough nearby, too, but that's... that's only for the horses. Are you feeling okay, Monsieur? Would you like me to call a Doctor? Whatever malaise is haunting you, I'm sure it's nothing a jar of leeches and a bout of bloodletting can't fix..."

@Lucky

B A N D
"Yes!"
The Mirror replied eagerly, almost greedily, the Rose's insight. "It's art! It's all art! Good or bad, right or wrong, art moves us. Art doesn't come with an instruction manual. You can't put spirit in a box. You can't..." Her words faded as her eyes those of the Flutist for one, endless moment. Her lips started to quake. Her fingers ventured northward towards her collar, where they fiddled and twitched as if their lives depended upon it. Every breath she swallowed somehow seemed heavier than the last. The Flutist, oblivious to both his admirer and her admiration, pulled his gaze away from his audience and returned it to his instrument. Mirror's heart froze. Stunned, she simply existed for a minute or too. She couldn't bring herself to speak. She could hardly bring herself to think. Once she mustered the strength to do either, she presented Rose with a simple yet remarkably terrible idea. "Introduce me." She murmured, her eyes flickering over to Rose. "Please..." She mumbled, composing herself. "Please, could you introduce me to the Flutist? I want to... But I... I mean, I know how to, but when I try I... I..." The elegance with which the partygoer had once spoken had long since been submerged beneath a sea of nervousness and self-doubt. "I can't do it alone. I know, we've only just met. I know, I'm being childish. I know, it's sad. But you're the only person I've spoken too all night who seems to be on my wavelength... You get me. So please... Lend me a hand?"

@Minerva

"I guess it does sound a little strange, what we're saying." Korra replied, though when asked to tell more tales of their homes, despite them being from different times, Korra glanced to Kyoshi. She was a bit unsure on if their companion in the feathered mask would consider anything else they'd say as some sort of make believe but it shouldn't hurt to share a least a little, right?

"Well, basically where we're from, Avatars are those who are supposed to keep peace and balance between four different nations. An Avatar can come from any one nation, and the title usually goes to someone after a previous Avatar dies. It gets kind of complicated, at times, but that's the basic gist of it. Unless I'm missing something else on that?" She directed the last question to Kyoshi.

@Sark @Jeremi

S C A R E D - M A N
As the man fell to his knees, Daughter sat down next to him. She closed her eyes as he spoke, allowing the Force to translate his words to a language she understood. He thinks I'm a witch? I've been called many things, but not that. Opening her eyes, she spoke, using the Force to translate so he understood. "Je ne suis pas une sorcière. Je ne te veux aucun mal. Je ne vous demande rien. S'il vous plaît, n'ayez pas peur. Ma nature n'est pas de nuire, mais de guérir." For a moment, she considered wiping his tears and lifted a hand to do so, but lowered it as she realized she might scare the poor man more.

Gavin Reed

Gavin would feel awkward as he just stood there for the longest minute. He noticed the way that the guard looked left and right and he would take a moment to not lose his mind. This place was so weird.

What the fuck? What the fuck? Gavin thought twice as the guard asked that of him.

He understood that this was Europe, but how the fuck did these people go to pee or bathe? DId they just throw a bucket out the window? He could have sworn he had learned other countries were just as civilized as the US. But then again, school lied often.

He hadn't expected to make the guard so confused with his simple lie. He would love to know what the guard would think of showers and bathtubs if he tried to explain them. He was not about to listen to any of the guard's suggestion when he suddenly was struck with an idea. A terrible awful idea. "No, actually, I'm not feeling okay. I don't need a doctor. When I last visited Grandfather, I left some ... medicine in his study and it helps with my.... malaises very much. I would have used the ones I bought from home but on the ride over, I tripped and they fell into the River Seine. It was such a sensitive matter that I really didn't want to talk about it."

@Sark

Kyoshi pondered what else there was to say. "Well...the avatar cycle works like the seasons. Oh I suppose important to know that we have four nations. Fire, Air, Water and Earth. That's also how the reincarnation works so when I die the next Avatar is from the Fire Nation. Or the one after Korra will be from the Earth Nation."

Kyoshi didn't think it would hurt to explain the basics. Not like a foe could do anything with the information. "We're supposed to keep a balance between the living and the spirit world. On top of keeping the nations in check," She chuckled. "Like Avatar Korra says it...is quite difficult work."

@Takumi @Sark

ZHONGLI
@Sark @Yun Lee @Jackythejack

“Well, you see, that’s just a difference of culture,” Zhongli calmly explained, “In the culture of Liyue, death is very sacred, and the act of funeral services are very coveted and well paying jobs. Do you not honor your dead?”

He calmly ignored the new masked guest. He desired to keep a low profile. He didn’t come here as Rex Lapis, god of commerce and protector of Liyue, he came as Zhongli, funeral home employee.​

As she was addressed, Michiko froze in place, not having expected it. Perhaps that gentleman had been speaking to someone else? The Geisha glanced around, looking for whoever he might have been talking to...but once she realized that she was the only one in this area, a light blush came to her face. Said blush only got worse as she was directly approached by another, a man whose good looks and charm couldn't be contained by the tiny mask he wore...Michiko couldn't help but wonder if that had been deliberate.

"Th-Thank you, sir." Not wanting to be rude, she joined the group and took the wine, glancing down at it but not taking a drink just yet. She would probably need to soon, judging by how dry her mouth was getting from so much sudden attention. Hopefully this Lioness would snatch the attention right back.

@Sark @Capri @Jackythejack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back