Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Parameta Astro-Mall

as written by Faithy

Zoe couldn’t tell if she was fooling the male or if she was just making herself look like a huge idiot. Either way, she couldn’t give in now, not if she could talk her way out of the charges or whatever it was they were going to do to her. She sighed softly, her fingers running through her red hair as she mused on what to tell the officer to make him less suspicious of her. Maybe she should agree to go plead her case and then make a distraction and flee. Yeah, that’s exactly what she would do.

“What suspicious behavior? I didn’t know what was going on and still don’t understand all of this. I’d like to plead my case, yes.” She paused when it became apparent that he wanted to know her name. Should she lie? No… that would bite her in the ass later on and she was fibbing enough as it was. Obviously the smart thing would be to give her true name.

“Starwind. Zoe Starwind, sir.” Smiling faintly, she rubbed her blue eyes and tried to look innocent.

as written by Luxin

"Arrest? Well, I suppose that's better than being blasted, but not by much. Hopefully this turns out to be the big misunderstanding that it is to me." He shrugged somewhat, then smiled. When one of the officers reached down to pick up his pistol, he winced slightly. It wasn't from any fear of sudden danger to the man, because there actually wasn't any, but more because he couldn't remember the last time anyone had held one of his weapons that wasn't him and gotten away with it without issue. It was almost physically painful for him to watch, and a silent fear that he'd never bothered to acknowledge shot through him.

Stepping forward, if for no other reason than to hasten things along, he looked at the officer who held his gun, his smile replaced by an honestly caring face. "Please, don't damage her none. I can't say that I've ever been all to trusting of those who work to put men like me behind bars, but I care more for that gun than I've ever cared for a person, and I'd hate to see her come home damaged." His words had come out gentle, nearing an almost pleading tone, and he quickly resumed his more brash nature as he remembered that there were people, dozens now, watching.

"Captain? Uh, maybe Commander...? Shall we get this going? I'm not certain where to go, and since I'm now in your custody, I'd not mind taking a break from all the thinking I've had to do today."

as written by Sentry

Docking wasn't exciting; it hardly ever was. The only thing that was felt upon finding the Astro-Mall was relief. Sailing through deep space with a lone AI to speak to was hardly a roller coaster of joy. Hopefully, here, there would be something to mess with. Something with more dimensions than a Rubik's Cube.

Any ports of access to the ship had long since been damaged, including the shuttle lift. Happy didn't mind. It was a little more neat having to use the flashier way out.

A space just a foot above the floor of the Astro-Mall glimmered and shined brightly until they formed into a discernible human shape. Its colors seemed to melt on as it lowered to the floor, becoming a very armed, blue-haired, gasmasked young woman who had yet to get her name out into the galaxy.

As she settled, a bright hologram spun around her with torrents of information scrolling down. Luckily, the area was empty. So much so that when a particular face came into view of Happy's system, the hologram turned red and pointed in his direction.

"Domina," spoke the svelte voice of the UI. "This bounty is in high demand. Shall we?"

Happy needed only nod before marching over.

as written by Emperor Jester

The guards noticed someone approach and signaled silently to his Captain. The officer in charge would bark an order out to procure the prisoner and take him towards the on-site CHQ. The other SSSF members would begin to direct Tenna away, towards one of the many numerous exits to the spaceport's docking bay.

At the same time, the Captain would signal to disengage the safety parameters in the shuttle area, and to check if they had an unauthorized transportations activated within the immediate five floors of his presence. Something had just caused a shiver of paranoia crawl up the young soldier's spine.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, young Ms. Starwind, we'll investigate if you're guilty or not while we keep in surveillance in the buildings holding cell. You are not under official arrest, as my badge clearance doesn't go that high, but the Public Security sector of the SSSF have been contacted." Without taking eyes off her, and without re-holstering his gun, he motioned towards the turbo-lift.

"Come on now. My intention isn't to scare you, but you are in a lot of trouble. Potentially."

as written by Faithy

“Wait, in a holding cell? No… that’s not necessary. I’ll just be on my way and you can go about your day. There’s no need to contact anyone, really? Just turn on the elevator again and turn around and I’ll be on my merry way.” Zoe glanced towards where she was being motioned to and sighed heavily. How was she going to get out of this now? The redhead had absolutely no idea and the thought of being put in a holding cell and then investigated wasn’t pleasant. Maybe she could plead with him.

“Look… sir, please? I’m not here to cause any trouble, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I’m scared… please just let me go. Please?” Zoe pleaded not just with her voice, but her eyes and expression as well.

as written by Luxin

Tenna was surrounded by the contingent of guards and as the convoy began to move forward, he caught a glimpse of somebody he didn't recognize. She was slender, and attractive in her own way, but what worried him was the rather showy holographic display that was slowly fading into the air around her, a rather large marker tracking him as he walked.

It wasn't the first time he'd been hunted before, but this girl didn't look like the kind who would seek his head. She seemed like a rookie to him, her ensemble and gait seeming to springy for someone who hunted the most dangerous of creatures- those with sentience. He turned away, wishing his pistol were back on his hip, or that he'd thought to bring his rifle from the Solitude before roaming the Parameta, but as it was, he was in a different set of fate's hands now. Although he still had his suit, and though he had a few tricks up his sleeves, he wasn't in the best of positions.

In fact, he was well aware that things were about as precarious as an egg, balanced on a needle, on the edge of a thousand-foot cliff during an earthquake. Might stay steady and pull through, but that was a mighty big if.

Back