The princes of war

Chapter 1... It looks like I'm all that's left.
She woke up by a rocky shore somewhere presumably on the mainland.. She; princess Kelieahn of the Elven Kingdom, was sent by her father to discuss a alliance with the Grado Empire. She was on a ship, along with a full security detail, magical support, various maids and servants.. The pirates though... No-one in the kingdom knew how bad they were. They sunk her ship... No survivors. She didn't make it out unscathered either. She had a severe concussion, a cracked rib or 2, and a broken arm..

Groaning, Kelieahn ran her fingers tenderly through her hair, ignoring the sharp pain that shot through her head at the touch. While her eyes adjusted to what light happened to be left, the blonde Princess pushed her long hair across her shoulders and gazed along her slender frame to check for damage. Hissing at the sight of her left arm, the Elf knew without needing to touch her right side that at least one rib was broken. That was a brutal assault and she still wasn’t sure how in the world survived.

“Now what…?” Her voice came out soft and she had to cough just a little, still feeling waterlogged.

Spitting out more water, Kelieahn slowly climbed to her feet, looking around. Definitely alone, she wondered if anyone else made it out of the attack alive. Something, perhaps instinct and logic told her that no; everyone else had died. Unsure how to get herself out of this situation, the toned warrior princess decided to go explore. But first, she needed to splint her arm. Peering around, Kel found two pieces of plank that were about the same size. She also located some cord to wrap around the wood. It took a bit of patience and pain tolerance, but she managed to splint up her arm.

Once that task was complete, she slid right back to her feet, having sat down on a rock to do the splinting. Using one arm to dust off her clothing, Kelieahn exhaled deeply and started heading away from the water. It was tough, but she had to ignore the severe migraine rampaging throughout her brain thanks to the concussion from the attack and wreck. Thankfully the majority of her warrior dress was still intact. The dark maroon velvet surcoat took the majority of the damage and had huge cuts throughout, especially on the back. The silver buttons and most of the loops were missing, having been torn off at some point during the battle or the aftermath, she wasn’t sure. Both of the dark leather vambraces that were beneath the sleeves of the coat were in good shape and probably prevented the break from being even worse than it was, which was a plus. The silky fabric shirt beneath the surcoat as well as the maroon leggings and grey boots were still in fairly decent shape. All in all, things definitely could have turned out differently. As she walked, Kel looked over her shoulder to make sure no one was sneaking up on her.

Some of the ships wreckage was washing up ashore... An elven sword was amongst them! The base of the blade, right where the blade met the hilt was damaged; a dent that qmost likely came from a handgun bullet hitting it. Currently, it seems she was on a beach. Miles of ocean and coastline could be seen. In the distance... smoke from a campfire could be seen. No ships can be seen from the distance, which means that most likely, the pirates assune that everyone on the ship died in the attack, therefore aren't searching for any survivors

Last edited:
As Kelieahn walked along the coastline, she gazed around at the wreckage. There was certainly a lot of crap washed ashore including corpses, but no one aside her appeared to be breathing. That was definitely unfortunate. Well, if some of her crew had been alive, that would be fortunate, but if pirates were still alive, that would be unfortunate. Exhaling deeply, her unearthly blue eyes fell across something that was very familiar to her. Stepping quickly across the sand, thankful for her light footing, Kel knelt down to scoop up the Elven blade. "I thought I lost you, Morning Star." She whispered before sliding the weapon back into the empty scabbard on her left side.

"At least the rest of my weapons remained on my body." Musing as she walked, Kelieahn glanced ahead, spotting some smoke. Surging towards where she assumed the fire was at, the Elven Princess hoped it wasn't pirates. Maybe it was some of her men or at least non-violent people. If they wanted a fight, she wasn't so sure she would be able to protect herself. At least it was her non-dominant arm that was broken, not her dominant one. Thanks to her pace, it wasn't long until she neared the campsite, but instead of moving forward, she crept behind a tree to take stock of her surroundings.

2 people where at the campsite. A man and a woman. Both seemed to be within the same age group. The women was nipponese. She wore a traditional nipponese gi. By her side was a katana. The man was well built, and average height. He wore a suit of armor constisting of leather and chainmail. A steal breastplate was strapped to his chest.
They women was practicing her sword play. The man was cooking what appeared to be a rabbit.
Whoever they were... They couldn't be pirates. The man had a banner engraved on his armor, a snarling, bloodied dog. He was a dog of war, a catch all term for a mercanary.

The smell of the rabbit cooking made it's way to her nose and Kelieahn couldn't help but bite on her inner-cheek, hungrier than she realized. Her stomach growled loudly and she was thankful they weren't pirates. That didn't mean she wasn't in danger, but there was a chance they would take pity on her and not attack. So, with that thought, the Elven princess slowly stepped out from behind the tree, holding her hands out in a non-threatening manner.

"Excuse me... I have been washed ashore... can you help me?" Her voice wavered with exhaustion and she exhaled deeply in an attempt to steady herself. In truth, she just wanted to get some food and to get some rest.

The samuria turned to face her
(???)"master, we have a visitor.
The man got up. He had a bottle of wine in his hand.
"Seems that way..."
He noticed her injuries
"Asuna, get me some bandages!"
(Asuna)"yes master!"
She rushed over to her tent.
The man went over to her and began examining her body
"Looks like your hurt pretty badly..let me bandage you up"
Asuna came back with the bandages
"My name is mardek by the way

The camp itself was small, consisting of just 2 tents, a fire, and some makeshift seats made from logs
Mardek himself was a very handsome man. He looked to be in his late 20's to early 30's. His eyes were red in color. Be had well defined muscles

Last edited:
Back