Rocket nodded understanding her smiled faded as she thought of her sister. "The names were given to us after I left home and entered a new adopted family. My sister followed." Rocket said explaining how she gained the name. "Susan that's a nice name. Nice to meet you." She said giving her friendly smile once more after finishing her talk on her sister. She then listened to the information on this place and looked to the man Susan mentioned. Rocket shrugged not having a clue.​

The receptionist shrugged in response to Susan. "I'm not entirely sure who he is. But I can assure you all the people in this afterlife world are either reapers or players. I doubt he's a player because he's alone and players need partners. So I'm fairly sure he's a reaper. Either that or a robot. We actually have a few robotic machines running around in here. Especially in the training rooms. Ever since Steve Jobs died, our technology has been getting better and better in here," she said with a grin.​

Eevee stared at the humans. Just for a while. But the man.... He seemed really nice. Eh. He was sure if they wanted to harm him they would've already. So he got all his courage and walked towards the man, and he sniffed his legs, eevee looked up, staring at the mans hands. Then his face, "Eevee.." He muttered. Hopefully he wouldn't have to go away soon. Eevee already felt sorta happy with people. He loved people to adore and pet him anyways.. He started to make the cutest faces, and rubbing his soft furry self against Chrom's legs.​

Marie
tumblr_l7qtgeA2um1qdsbhfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mpddga4GzE1rde9xwo3_400.jpg

Prologue: Je vais mourir.
Translation: I am going to die.

Marie was terrified.

Tears streamed down her face, and her sobs were all she could hear. Her heart pounded in her throat. She could hardly breath through her sobs, and every breath of the stuffy air was a struggle. Shivers wracked through her cramped, curled up body. Uncomfortable, wooden boards, pressed into her shoulders, legs, arms, and the top of her head, and splinters dug into her every pore. Cuts from the wood around her covered her body, even reaching underneath the flimsy nightgown she had worn to bed two nights ago.

She was cold, tired, thirsty, and hungry. She was not the, "strong, firm lady," her mother told her she was. Death always brought out people's true colors. And in reality, Marie was a pussy.

A tortured scream sounded out from not too far off, following the many others that had influenced Marie's new panic. Her sobs helped to reduce the loudness of the screams, but not really. Every single one felt like she was getting plunged into and held under an icy lake. She was suffocating. Though, she figured that would be better than hearing your brother dying. At least it would be quick.

"Toulouse!" Another yell shot through the cold air, but it was a different voice. Berlioz. Marie had heard him get tortured, too.

"Shut, up," a much deeper voice responded, and Marie heard a thump. She whimpered. Her hands went to cover her ears, and bile rose in her throat.

"Leave him alone!" The voice that had been screaming in pain earlier spoke, but every word sounded like it was a struggle to get out. There was a grunt by the deep voice, and Toulouse screamed.

"You bastard! Vas te faire encule! VAS TE FAI-"

"You-"

"Berlioz, don't," Maria sobbed. Her brother was going to make the torture even worse. Let us die already.

"Listen to the bitch!"

"I am a lady!" she choked out. There was a thump, and Toulouse grunted. Footsteps approached Marie, and she hard a scratching sound on the top of the box. Suddenly, the top flew off, and light filled Marie's eyes.

As did the face of the man her Uncle hired to kill her.

"Get away from me," she hissed, and she tried to move away. Her legs and arms had been cramped in the box for so long that she couldn't even move them to do what she so desperately wanted. Her heart thumped fast, and she thought that he may even of been able to hear it.

"Come here, lady." The man grabbed the scruff of her nightgown and dragged her across the floor so she was laying in the middle of it. She clumsily tried to get up, but desperately failed. Her eyes went wide with terror.

It was hopeless.
Je- Je vais mourir.

~~~

Marie stood in the middle of the street, the seventeen year old holding herself with dignity and authority. Sharp, blue eyes gazed around, and she had on much better clothing than the nightgown she had died in.

0hbiry-i.jpg

The little French lady walked around, seeing an "Afterlife Training Center." She frowned.

"Is this some kind of joke?" Her French accent may have been a little hard to understand.​

Asha instantly spotted the small creature that called out 'Eevee', perplexed. He grabbed it, looking at it in the eyes. "And what ARE you?"​

The bench Emma chose to sit on could be heard crackling. After a moment, it split down the middle and broke, causing her to fall down on her butt. Opps. Apparently some of the benches weren't well made...​

Crono
Crono looked a little confused when the woman in the suit in front of him attempted to speak, it seemed she had some difficulty with speech, but, on the other hand, who was he to judge? At least she had that ability while he seemed to lack it now, even before he had picked up that pin, he'd never seemed to be able to speak after he died, not that he spoke much to begin with. Though suddenly, the strange well in the middle of the street caught his attention, waving his hands in the air a few times in an funny looking attempt to get the attention of everyone else, he pointed towards the well, as if implying he wanted to go there. It definitely wasn't the first time he'd had a hassle communicating with others, normally, the people he'd met seemed to know what he was trying to say, but, here, in this afterlife, that wasn't the case.​

"Weird things, you say? I love weird things... Wait, does it involve the occult in some way because if it does, I'll love it even more?" Minato joked, now wanting to see what would happen. Doing as Shiki said, Minato compared the experience to summoning a Persona with the gun-like Evokers. Just place it to your head, ask of your Persona to appear, and pull the trigger. Simple enough to apply here.

Digging into his mind, Minato silently willed Onikiri to appear in his hand. After a moment of trying, he felt a familiar weight in his hand and he smirked when he saw the simple katana, "Guess I'm still good for something after all."​

Smiling, Chrom would bend down and pet the creature. As he began to play with Eevee, he'd turn and smile at Jodie.

"Like I said, he was just lonely and looking for a friend. Isn't that right boy?"

Chrom would ask the Eevee was he rubbed it's head.

Soon after That, The eevee was picked up​

The receptionist turned and looked at Marie. "No, ma'am, this is no joke. This is a place for the players to practice using their pins before the reapers start sending out the missions for the players to take part in. If training isn't your thing, there's also a wishing well to check out and a street performer somewhere outside too. I hear he stinks at juggling though..."​

Ciel did the same as her companion, happening to have the same pin as Minato did; Onikiri. As the sword would appear in her hand, she began to wave it about, examining it as she tilted her head ever so slightly.

Not as familiar as a Black Key, but it'll do, she thought to herself.​

Mobile-WorldEndsWithYouSoloRemix-ShikiMisaki5.png

"You did it!" Shiki chirped upon seeing Minato summon his katana and then Ciel as well. "Good job! What kind of pins do you guys have other than that one? I have a pin that allows me to..." She paused, blushing slightly. "...summon a stuffed cat. Not the best, but he's actually pretty powerful! Different groups of players have different starting pins to choose from, and that cat just so happened to be the one I ended up picking. Our group was only allowed to choose one pin each," she said with a frown. "But Neku is different. For some reason, he can use unlimited pins. It's weird. We don't know why he can do that..."

Mobile-WorldEndsWithYouSoloRemix-Neku12.png

Neku frowned. "Hey, who you calling weird?"he sighed before adding, "Look, Shiki, you should at least tell them about the training dummies. Ugh, or were you waiting for me to tell them? Fine, I'll tell them. They transform," Neku told them, "into different things. Just attack them and you'll see what I mean..."

Marie's eyebrows shot up at the woman's response. "Er, thank you madam." She glanced down at the three pins she had chosen- Cornered Rat, Shout, and Sushi.

Why had she chosen those? She wasn't sure. They had just appealed to her :)

Marie decided to walk outside, this so called "street performer" sounding amusing to her. Hopefully, she could teach him how to juggle so he could make some money. That was the lady thing to do, after all.​

il855xN.png
Susan - Training Center - Rocket/Hrist

"Steve Jobs...?"
That caught Susan off guard for a moment, but she supposed that even celebrities weren't exempt from odd afterlife games. She mused slightly about the idea of Steve Jobs going through the same path she had, meeting with the Queen of Maggots, before... "A reaper, huh?"Susan eventually said. This was called the Reaper's game, so Susan had to imagine those were the people in charge in some manner. "Let's find out what he can do for us, shall we...?"

As they made their way toward the shady man, Susan continued the conversation they'd been having before. "Nice to meet you as well..." She couldn't help but sound slightly hesitant. Rocket seemed harmless enough, but so did Doctor X. "I've been Susan all my life, though certain individuals are known to call me by a different name. The Cat Lady." She gave Rocket a shrug. "A judgmental lot, I'm sure you know the type."

Rocket thought on there being rappers and maybe robots. At the thought of robots she gave a breath as if remembering a memory that maybe wasn't necessarily hers. Yet she remembered one just the same. She then followed to the shady man. She continued to smile when they began to continue there past conversation. "I'm not sure why they gave me my name but I like it over my old one. I don't remember my original name for it's been so long since I heard it. I believe they call me Rocket some for my personality." She shrugged. "And I'm use to the judge mental sort the place I come from is full of them." She stated.

Emma was a bit frustrated. "Was the bench old, or had I put on some weight?"

scan01.jpg

All alone, she muttered to herself. "Not long ago I had everything a girl could want, and it turned to nothing. And as of now, luck is not with this lady, either." She would stay knelt on the ground for a while, to brood and think about things.​

Minato tilted his head to the side when Shiki said they only started with one pin except for Neku with his unlimited pins. Did this mean that the Wild Card ability wasn't only limited to Personas? He would need to test the theory out if he found anymore pins, "Interesting, I've got Lightning Storm and Sexy D for my other two... Oh, and Mister Grumpy is actually being helpful! Thank you, Mister Grumpy!" Sarcasm, always a fun way to irritate people who irritated you.

"So then, if I hit it, it'll transform?" Deciding it was time to test this idea, Minato drew the blade in his hand and set the scabbard aside. He stepped up to one of the training dummies and took a stance to prepare. Just like kendo club all over again. With that thought, he struck, aiming to bisect the dummy from the shoulder to the waist.​

Jon_Juggler.jpg

A man wearing a colorful costume stands off to the side juggling. "Come one, come all! Witness the amazing talents of Bozo the great!" he cries. "Or, if you're new in town, need directions, or would like to play a game with me, I'm also the man to help you out! What kind of game, you're wondering? Well ask and I'll tell you!" The man grinned and continued to juggle, but only juggled two balls. It wasn't the most impressive sight. Still, maybe this man would be worth talking to anyhow.​

The shady man paces back and forth until he sees the two approaching him. "You two! C'mere... Look at what I have in my coat," he said, opening his coat up.

Look at what he has?

A reaper sees Emma sitting on the ground all alone.

reaper.gif

"Hey lady, don't look so glum. I'm sorry that bench broke. The repair reapers around here haven't been doing a good job lately. Cheer up and go find something to do. There are a few things the reapers have set up for the players while they wait for the games to start."​

Back