Ame Damnee The Recreational Hall

Allanah Frey
Outside the Library

The girl was driven by curiosity as she glanced out from the exit, seeing the two arguing on the streets. "Lover's quarrel?" she muttered to herself, frowning as she realigned her glasses on her face. She saw the woman tear up the piece of paper and she figured she shouldn't get involved, but then she saw the quill still on the man's hands. She blinked and put a hand on her head as she complained a little bit under her breath. "Really... At least put the things you borrowed back where it should be!" she hastily straightened her crumpled clothes with her hands and tried to make herself presentable, as she walked towards them carefully. They seemed to have reached a rather bad part of the argument, maybe it was right to step in at that moment. Or maybe it was a bad mistake on her part.

"Uhm... I don't mean to interrupt but... uhh... the quill... I'll be taking that back, thank you---" she tapped the man's shoulder, and suddenly felt a dread on the pit of her stomach, an impending fear. She gulped. Wait... what is this? she thought to herself, but she fought through the anxiety. "P-Please... give it back." she said with an uncertain smile.

Last edited:
Kaleo - Outside the Library
Kaleo's eyes flashed as he grabbed Jocasta's wrist when she went to touch his face. I was going to let you prepare your mind, but I'm not inclined to be so kind. He tightened his grip, his nails digging in so they began to draw blood. You shouldn't underestimate others so much when your its your own sanity you hardly clutch.

Kaleo felt a tap on his shoulder. The lycan slowly turned his head to look at the girl, his eyes gleaming with a dangerous light. He hadn't even heard her request, as he was so embedded in his own rage. Still staring at the new girl, he flared Jocasta's greatest fear.

I would tell you to have a sweet dream, but I'd rather hear the way you scream.

Jocasta flinched when Kaleo swiftly grabbed wrist and her mind immediately screamed, Danger! "Let me go!" Her eyes widened as he tightened his grip, nails digging and slowly, the blood began to slither down her arm. Sweet. Intoxicating. Jocasta felt her sanity slipping away. Her eyes flashed red and her breathe became quick. Before she could lunge for the stranger's throat, she blinked. She blinked and suddenly she was in a foreign place. A place she'd never seen before. The sky was a dark red and the mountains were pitch black, piled with ashes and grim matter. Fruit flies buzzed around decaying corpses, dead leaves hugged naked and colorless trees. Jocasta walked over to one of the corpses; He was a familiar face. "Hi'dric?" Her heart pounded wildly in her chest, tears beginning to form at the edges of her eyes. "What happened to you? Who did this to you?"

Pale and lifeless. He was gone. Her fingers shook as they reached out to touch his face. Ice cold. She stopped for a brief second before her fingers slowly traveled down his cheek and jawline, reaching his neck where two puncture wounds. "W-who did this?" Suddenly, blood began to pour out of the wound, creating a large puddle beneath Hi'dric. She blinked and suddenly, there was blood pouring across his arm as well. "Hi'dric?" Jocasta's voice trembled. Suddenly, Hi'dric's eyes shot wide open and his hands latched onto her. "You did this to me!" His deep voice threatened her, letting out a piercing scream from her. His eyes were filled with malice and hatred. "No!" She shook her head, denying it all. "You did this to me!" He seethed, his nails digging into arms. "Leave me alone!" she cried, ripping her arms away from him. She shuffled backwards as his eyes bore into her.

"Jocasta, or should I say, Delphine?"

A cruel voice. A familiar figure. Wait, no. It was her? No. Jocasta shook her head. That wasn't her. That wasn't her. The figure that was... her... gave a little maniacal laughter. "Oh, Jocasta. Look at yourself. Another one down the drain, thanks to you. Poor Hi'dric and he had such high hopes for his little vampire." Jocasta stepped back. "Wh- who are you? Why are you here?" She was paralyzed with fear. Her twin gave her a grin and reached out to Jocasta, nails digging into her cheek. "I'm you, darling. That darkness hiding inside you. That little beast you want oh so desperately to hold back. Stop holding back. Let your rage take over. This is your fate and everyone knows you can't change fate." Jocasta shuddered. "No, no-." Her evil twin nodded her head up and down, a primitive killing instinct in her eyes. "Oh, yes, yes. Always, Jocasta. This is who you truly are." She dragged her nails down her cheeks and down to the middle of her chest, drawing blood.

Jocasta screamed at the pain. "Stop it, stop it, stop it," she sobbed. "Never!" Suddenly, she felt something plunge deep into her chest, then pulled back out just as quickly. Jocasta staggered back as her evil twin laughed at her shock, at her fear. "What's the matter? Can't handle the truth?" Her lips puckered, showing mock pity for the poor blonde as she searched for herself, for her heart, for something to put the pieces back together. "You're no longer human, Jocasta. You know this. You knew this would happen when you agreed to be Hi'dric's little doll." She laughed as her eyes blurred with tears, then licked the blood off of her beating heart. "Blood, so delicious. I wonder who's next. Maric, Guruk... Sunil? Oh wait, you already drained them!" It seemed to be some kind of game to her evil twin, but she didn't find it funny at all. She was deprived of her right to live becoming such a cruel monster.

Her chest lurched forward when her heart suddenly disintegrated in her evil twin's hands, in her hands.
"You won't be needing that anymore! Just turn yourself off. Join me! It's so fun over here! Bathing in blood and tasting the sweet nectar of your victims. You know you want to give in." Jocasta's eyes flashed red for a brief moment. "Yes, yes... That's all you need, Jocasta." Her evil twin walked up to her and smeared her bloodied hands across her lips. "Just one taste..." The temptation lured her in, drunk on the ecstasy of blood. The smell was phenomenal. So beautiful, so rich. Jocasta almost let her in, almost, before she pulled her face back. "No, I won't! Let me go!" She screamed, then clumsily ran to the other corpses, slowly identifying them one by one. "Guruk, Maric... Maric! Get me out of here! I- I'm trapped!" Jocasta shook the dead incubus, drained of blood, then his eyes flashed open as well, startling her. "You worthless toy! You disgust me!" he growled.

"No, no, no! It's not me! I didn't do it-!"
Jocasta screamed, her mind overloading with fear, pain, guilt, doubt. "You killed him," Xena's voice whispered, heartbroken. "I didn't, I swear... Please." Jocasta begged. "You're a monster! You killed him! Murderer!" Her eyes blazed with fury. Guruk rose from his grave and joined in, cleaver in hand, anticipating his next move. "You are a stain in this world." She shook her head, falling down to the ground, begging forgiveness.
"They don't care about you. Only I understand how you truly feel, Jocasta. Only I can take your pain away." Jocasta gripped the edges of her dress, shaking her head, trying to erase it all from her mind. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no!" she cried. "Make it stop! Make it stop! Please! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Her evil twin's voice faded away in her mind, then, suddenly she was in town square again, her arm being gripped by Kaleo and the faery nearby appearing tense.

Her ears still rang with false claims. Her tongue still tingled with intoxication. Her hands still emptied her chest. Before she knew it, she'd ripped her arm from Kaleo's grasp and bolted out of his line of sight. Jocasta didn't know where she was going. She just ran. She wanted to go faraway from here, faraway from him. Her mind ran wild as she bumped into tons of people in the crowd; only one thought was on her mind: Run away. Escape him. Escape it all. She couldn't allow him to touch her again. She couldn't allow herself to be near anyone. She just had to run. Run far away. Many were surprised at the frantic young woman, others jeered at her for not being polite when she bumped into someone. Jocasta didn't care. She disappeared from town square just like that. There were no words left for her to say. Kaleo had already said enough.

Allanah Frey
Outside the Library

Eh? What... the hell just happened? The girl thought as she saw the way the woman's face contorted with so much fear, so much agony and pain and suffering, as if she was reliving a nightmare right then and there. And then, without so much as a word, she ran away, disappearing into the town square, running away from everything, from everyone, from him, the man that was currently left with her at this moment. Allanah took a step back, a little uncomfortable, as she suddenly felt like running away from this man as well. It was like that time again, when she had no idea how dangerous strangers could be, and she'd rather not have another life-altering situation.

Naivety is your doom. the red eyed stranger had said. She placed her hand on her chest, anxiously. "O-On second thoughts, you can keep that quill. I'll just be... going up the library again!" She hastily made a bow and her glasses fell down to the ground. Awkwardly crouching to take it back, she looked up at the man, planning to give him a rather nervous but friendly smile before she scampered the hell out of here...

... And then she froze.

Darkness. So much darkness. It had been a while since she had seen such intensity on a single person. Strangely though, the "cloudy" images she could see does not cling directly to him as usual. It was surrounding him. A big mass of dark mist, as if he was being embraced by the darkness itself. What... she couldn't help but wonder. Her heart picked up, her mouth watering in a sick, sick feeling of excitement. The body is thrilled. She wasn't.

It took her a moment to snap out of it and place her glasses back on, and by that time her hands had been shaking. "E-Excuse me." she murmured, as she stood up.

Last edited:
Kaleo had turned back to Jocasta when the vision began as he watched the whole scene play out in his own mind as well. His eyes were cold as he observed her panic, the breakdown, her pleading. When she finally pulled through, Kaleo looked in her eyes. She had failed. Another one lost to Fear's vicious deception. He didn't try to stop her as she tore herself from his grasp and fled out of the Town Square. It would be a marvel if she didn't kill herself after that; so many of them did. Unable to handle the truth about their fears. They were all so, so busy ignoring the pain that they never took the time to overcome it. Cowards.

The air still reeked of fear; Jocasta had left a trail in her wake. Kaleo turned away, but stopped as he finally seemed to truly notice the other girl standing nearby. The lycan's face was grim as he saw her fear as well. She backed away. It was understandable; a common reaction to his abilities, albeit a muted one.

"O-On second thoughts, you can keep that quill."

Quill...? Kaleo looked down at his hand, not having even realized that he still had the pen. He stared at it for a moment before looking back at the girl, only to find her staring back at him. That face... He knew that expression. It was the same one he often had when he looked at others. Kaleo blinked. You looked into me... What did you see?

As she stood up straight to leave, he carefully held out the quill pen to her.

Allanah Frey
Outside the Library

You looked into me... what did you see?

"Shadows." the girl murmured, looking a little dazed, then blinked rapidly and covered her mouth. His voice was loud and clear in her head, she had not realized it was just his thoughts. The way he thinks was almost as if he was speaking to her, an open mind, his brown eyes expressive and questioning. Those kinds of minds were rare, reaching out to her head, and it was the first time she had heard someone's thoughts without meaning to. She found it odd for a moment: why he won't just speak with his voice? Perhaps he was simply not a talkative person? Then she realized he had not spoken at all since she had seen that argument between him and the other woman. He had used a paper... and a quill.

"Can't... you speak?" she found herself asking, rather curiously. But as soon as she heard her own voice, she realized how intrusive the question could be, looking away as she took the quill from his hand and nodded politely. "Thank you."

Last edited:
"Shadows."

Kaleo felt his heart stop. Did she just... Reply? His eyes widened in shock, unable to tear his gaze away from her face. You can hear me, can't you. All this time and I finally get through... He took a hesitant step back, not sure how to feel about this sudden audience to his thoughts. Twenty years with no reply which now someone would dare defy.

Kaleo could feel a burning sensation around his eyes. Were those tears? He narrowed his eyes to stop them from going anywhere and looked away with a flash of embarrassment. He'd been through hell at the hands of Fear, and yet never once had he cried. But this was something new entirely. Relief? Joy? Or sorrow, for all the words that could have been shared, but never were. He couldn't tell.

Allanah Frey
Outside the Library

Seeing that expression, that look on his face, all her doubts and fears about him being another deceitful creature vanished. At that moment he just looked strangely happy... and yet vulnerable. As he took a step back she instinctively stepped closer. "Yes, I can hear you." she replied, carefully. She seemed to wonder for a moment, before licking her lips and concentrating. She stared right into his eyes and soon enough she talked to his head, transferring her thoughts in. 'Can you hear me too? I'm not used to talking telepathically, but... this is kind of... an ability of mine.' she said uneasily, staring intently at the changes in his expressions.

Kaleo rubbed his eyes, trying to get rid of the tears that were starting to form before he nodded in response. He took a shaky breath as he tried to get his bearings again. His hand drifted up to touch the warpaint on his nose, but he stopped. This wasn't fear. He didn't need to do that.

It was strange to hear her voice inside his head. The only other voice he'd heard was the harsh, scratchy voice of Fear, so to hear the soft, feminine voice instead was a pleasant change. He smiled slightly when a thought came to mind. What do I sound like?

Allanah Frey
Outside the Library

The girl blinked, fascinated. She did not even know this man, but she felt her heart squeeze a little when he rubbed the forming tears out of his eyes, the small smile she has given her making her smile back fondly. The expression suited him more than the rage and anger painted on his face only a few moment's earlier. What do I sound like? he had asked, and she couldn't help but realize how the experience must have felt for him, for once being able to talk to somebody and ask these questions. She would have replied back in his head, but she was not used to using any of these abilities, so she decided to speak as herself instead.

"Well..." her eyes wandered to the sky as she thought about how to talk about his inner "voice" descriptively. "Well..." she hesitated. "It sounds well-modulated, a little low-pitched. Manly, I guess... but soft-spoken." she gazed back into his eyes, contented by that reply. She held out her hand towards him in a manner of a handshake in the spirit of introduction. "My name is Allanah. I work in the library as a staff, nice to meet you. Your name is?" she titled her head, curiously.

Kaleo's expression warmed at the description of his voice. He had never really thought about it before, since he didn't even know telepathy was possible. It was the stuff of legends, right? Of course he had always heard Fear's voice, but he could never be sure... The smile faded again before he introduced himself. Kaleo. He accepted the handshake awkwardly. Another thing he wasn't used to.

He pulled his hand away again, looking hesitant before he asked another question. You said you saw shadows; is that all that shows? Please tell me at least you saw... The beast. There was desperation in his face as he mentioned his plight. Kaleo had always had a creeping suspicion that Fear was simply a figment of his imagination; that the war he fought was simply a war between two halves of himself, and nothing more. Maybe he was as crazy as everyone suspected. Maybe Fear was right. Maybe he was insane.

There was a quiet snicker in the back of his mind. Oh trust me, you are.

Allanah Frey
Outside the Library

The girl hesitated before answering. "Well... I simply saw the black mist around you... like shadows. I didn't see any beasts... and people having shadows with them aren't that uncommon, especially in a city like Abaddon. But you are... strange." she shrugged. She lowered her glasses a bit, staring at the scene this wretched vision has given her, of him being surrounded by darkness. Surrounded. Not one with it. she concluded as she realigned her glasses again.

"The shadows are not part of you... I think. It's weird. Whatever it was that was surrounding you in its grasp... its something else different from you." she hugged herself uneasily as chills seem to run down her spine, getting a little freaked out herself as she relayed her ideas. "What do you mean by beast though? Has something been bothering you?" she couldn't help but curiously ask.

Kaleo felt his heart starting to sink at Allanah's description. At least she confirmed that Fear was a real being, but he would almost prefer it to be his own imagination to what she said next.

"Whatever it was that was surrounding you in its grasp... it's something else different from you."

Kaleo's heart dropped all the way to the ground. It has me then... I thought I was its pen. I thought I was keeping it reigned in, but it was Fear's grasp that I'm within.

Kaleo took another step back when he saw her fears increase, his own eyes unsure and... Afraid.

Oops, did I forget to mention that little detail? That all this time you've been nothing more than my puppet? Hmm, let's see... Next up for this show, Kaleo will use the dagger on his own arm again! Sorry, what's that? Oh, the audience says that's boring and predictable. They're right. Let's change it up a little! Use the dagger on her instead.

Kaleo's eyes widened as he looked down at the dagger at his side, then looked back at Allanah. I... Have to go. The lycan suddenly turned on his heel and began to walk away at a swift pace. Then, just as suddenly, he froze again. Kaleo looked over his shoulder again, his eyes soft. Maybe... See you tomorrow.

Allanah Frey
Outside the Library

The girl saw the look in his eyes, the fear in his expression, and she heard it in his head, a whisper? It was a very harsh, rough voice, barely audible, unintelligible, and it sounded like an irritating buzzing in her ears. It was then that Kaleo's eyes widened as he seemed to glance down at his side, before staring back at her, hastily biding his farewell. She just nodded slowly, but when he turned back and said that he might see her tomorrow, a delighted smile passed her face as she nodded enthusiastically. "Okay. Do come by if you feel like it, Kaleo." she replied. As she watched him walk away, she held the quill in her hands and started to walk back into the library.

"This is why you get in harm's way, Allanah. You get drawn to people who can only cause you trouble." The memory rang through her head, piercing through her soul like hot knife on butter. What's wrong with that? she wondered, as she stopped by the entrance, getting distracted by her reflection on the shiny paint job on the door. She placed her hand against her reflection's cheek, smiling sadly yet kindly.

"That expression does not suit you." she told her. And with that, she walked back in the library, eager to get the new books organized in their shelves again.

Rayen Ales
Entering the Library

The doors swung open once again as the thin faery strode into the library, slightly grimacing while glancing around the architecture of the building. Silently, he disappeared into the rows of tomes, prying a thick book from the archives, skimming through it as he took a seat by a table. His eyes zipped through the pages, searching for any mention of the ancient faery Alma, what exactly he was known for, what he knew, and who knew him, anything. Finding a distinct lack of information, Rayen sighed, standing and returning the book to its previous place on the shelves.

Approaching the main desk, he glanced around, looking for anyone who could assist in his search for more information of the faery. Impatiently, he knocked on the wood of the table. Where are these memories coming from? Who can I trust with these memories?... No one in this city seems even close to trustable. Then again, no one ever did seem honest in my experience.

Allanah Frey
Recreation Hall, Library

Allanah, once again, walked back down the stairs with a pile of books in her hands, although it was now a much smaller pile. All day her head has been filled with the thoughts of her encounter with the mysterious Kaleo, and while it has caused one too many accidents because of her lack of presence of mind, she was glad that she had met him. Well, she was at least glad to see happiness shine through the man who up until recently has only shown neutral expressions. And if she'll be honest he had... gotten her interest one way or another. Whether or not that was a good idea she was still not quite sure.

She was placing the books in their shelves when she noticed the man standing close to the main desk. "Who..." she murmured, as she studied him closely. He seemed to be a little agitated, almost like he was looking for something, and it was the first time that she had seen him around these parts. Placing the last book on its rightful place, she lifted her glasses a little on her nose. Approaching strangers make her a little nervous but she approached him with a smile fitting of a library staff. "Hello. I'm a librarian here, is there anything I can help you with?"

Last edited:
Rayen Ales
Library

Rayen stood for what seemed like hours, staring into the wood of the desk before he heard Allanah. Turning himself to look at her, he began in an odd accent, unlike anything local, "Oh, right, I was looking for-" he cleared his throat, pausing for a moment before continuing in less of a strange accent, "-books on ancient magicians, notably the faery, Alma. I assumed that Abaddon would have more information than the other one across the world... plus this place was closer."

As per usual, while he spoke, he subtly scanned the librarian in front of him, looking for any reactions or suspicions. Finding none, he gave a quiet sigh to himself just as he finished. There was something... different about her, a feeling he felt radiating off of her, yet couldn't quite place his finger on, something from the past, curious. Other than the perplexing emotions he felt, she was fairly cute in his opinion, her small stature, glasses, and ruffled clothing... He had always felt a longing to be with someone since he first laid eyes on a female, at least a companionship, well... after those grueling young years of foolishness and hormones, let those never be spoken aloud- but had never actually pursued a relationship. Who in the right mind would accompany him throughout Oblitus, the most dangerous and lonely lands in all of the world? Who would understand a feral child, raised by the wild of the forests? He held his tongue, best to be spoken to than to speak, especially in these turbulent times.

Allanah Frey
Recreation Hall, Library

She blinked, tilting her head a hear. "Books on Master Alma...?" she murmured, and then covered her mouth as she realized her slip, smiling a little. "I'm sorry, my parents are faeries too, and they had looked up to him a lot, despite never having met him. They usually talk about him like he's a legend... well, I suppose he indeed is. Hehe..." she gave an awkward laugh, and then put a finger on her chin as she looked up the ceiling, mulling the question over.

"Hmm... I think we may have a book or two about faery history in the third floor, Restricted section. Ah, those are where the rarer and more valuable books are found. You see, I don't think most of the faeries like their history too much. It is bound to have a mention of Alma somewhere in there..." like a well trained guide, she smiled cheerfully. "This way please. Don't worry, visitors are allowed to enter the restricted areas as long as they have a personnel with them. I'll take care of you!" she said with a grin. "Why are you research the great mage, by the way? Well... if you don't mind my asking." she said as she started walking in the direction of the stairs.

Rayen Ales
Library

Rayen began to follow her, nodding as she spoke about the Faery history books, he responded, "Well, uh... I've been practicing magic for a while now and I wanted to know more about him and how he learned when he ran out of material. Perhaps find out more about who he really was instead of just legends." He certainly didn't anticipate her question, almost stumbling into the pit trap before he could recover, quickly he changed to subject to something less about himself. "So, you're a faery too, you said?... Almost didn't recognize you with the get-up ruffled clothing'n all. Just a guess, but... pixie?" Rayen didn't know a thing about faeries... at all. Awkwardly, his eyes scanned the shelves as they walked, catching a few titles while passing by most, grimacing at his ineptitude at socializing.

Allanah Frey
Recreation Hall, Library

She nodded thoughtfully. "I see. I see." when he asked about her race, she laughed. "Well, I do seem to be on the small side, aren't I? I'm not a pixie, I'm just a regular See--" she abruptly stopped, feeling a small sadness in her heart as she bit her lip. "...Unseelie djinn... I mean." she said hesitantly. You're so obvious Al! she wanted to hit herself and hide in a corner at that moment, but its not like that big of a deal, right? The facts about her past and how she ended up like this just made her... uncomfortable. She just wanted to live a nice boring life... for as long as possible. For as long as she could. As they walked, she felt her vision blurring, a headache coming in from the base of her skull, but she walked anyways, smiled anyways, like there was nothing bothering her. ""So you're a mage then? Ah, my name is Allanah. Allanah Frey. If you don't mind, will you tell me your name?"

Back