Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Reichskanzlei

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
as written by Ottoman

The evening light crept through the towering room, interrupted only by the red-marble pillars between those gathered at the lengthy table and the massive windows, one such shadow darkening as, with a flicker, the holographic presentation evaporated. Quietly the head of the Verhör remained standing whilst the other members of the cabinet reflected on the information he had just finished reviewing. Some seemed to linger on the matter, considering both what it required of them and how they stood to benefit from it all, while others were already looking expectantly to the imperial twins at either end of the table. Josef himself took a moment to ponder, eyes still looking to the air where the hologram had been just moments earlier, his expression blank until a smile began to creep upon his lips. "Marvelous work, Lord Commandant." Josef spoke, leaning back slightly as he glanced between Nichols, who bowed his head at such attention, and the rest of the cabinet. "The Verhör delivers once again."

With a reserved smile the Azrican raised his head from the light bow he had taken. "We pride ourselves on our results, my lord." Quietly he returned to his own seat, some of the cabinet paying him a respectful look after the compliment from the Kaiser before they returned their gaze to the supreme authority. "Is there anything more I can answer or clarify?" He had only just received the information today, and hurriedly reviewed it himself before informing the Kaiser that there had been developments relevant to the Exogarden Front, though he felt confident enough to make such an inquiry. Perhaps the only one who could outdo him on the subject was Dr. Roth, though thanks to her nature the woman didn't ask questions, and no doubt she was already quite familiar with the subject matter. Silence reigned for a moment or two at the table as Josef gave his colleagues the opportunity to present their own concerns and questions, the Grand Admiral being the first to speak up.

"Lord Oberstgruppenführer," Ernst began, "If I may?" A polite nod from Nichols was paid in reply, and the clean-shaven head of the admiral tilted as he looked to the table for a moment. "Your agent, this Blue Angel, mentioned that it won't be long until we can begin operations to expand our sphere of influence on this Hera Prime, and Valore, it seems." He glanced between Hofmann, Drazović and Voroshilov, taking each of their expressions in stride. He knew, of course, that the defensive institution of the Home Armies wouldn't be involved in any such undertaking, though the forces commanded by those three were at the core of his inquiry. "Who will spearhead this expedition?" His own forces, that of the Reichsternflotte and the civil government, or perhaps Kampf's own Landwächter, or the Syndicate's mercenary force? While not taken aback by the question, Nichols blinked instead of speaking, unsure what to say for fear of stepping on the toes of his superiors.

"I fear I must defer that to their majesties, admiral." Quickly enough he looked both to Josef and Josefine, figuring that it wasn't out of place for him to do such. The Kaiser leaned forward in his seat once more, sighing as he looked in turn to his sister across from him. While Josefine had an equal share of the command regarding the Landwächter, she often left that matter to her brother, preferring to focus on the domestic issues and civil side of the Hegemony in her roles both as Minister of Public Enlightenment and Empress. With a slight smile she spoke with the opportunity afforded to her.

The black-clad woman raised a hand, pale fingers gesturing to the Oriyak Abbess who sat not but two seats away from her. "I don't think the situation warrants the Seraphim, Josef, at least not yet." Not until some greater value became apparent in the region, or a large enough portion of their inhabitants converted, would the deployment of the Ministry's army be justified in her eyes. Given, she saw things differently than her brother did, but the both of them had spent so long together that they both knew what the other would expect in regards to policy. The Emperor cast his eyes to Voroshilov for a moment before nodding, the Grand Abbess seemingly unperturbed that her involvement in what was presented was little to nothing.

"I don't see a reason for them to be there either." He mused in agreement, pausing for a moment before he shot a rather knowing look to Dr. Hofmann, addressing her as he reached for the glass of water he had nearby. "It is to my understanding that the Syndicate is taking a particular interest in this Valoran sector - is that correct, doctor?" The Emperor sipped at the drink while the blonde Austran shifted where she sat, hesitating for a moment or two in the wake of his question. Her cybernetic colleague remained silent and stoic beside her, eyes set firmly on the monarch. "Despite having not mentioned it in our council?"

"You are not mistaken, your majesty." The SEO spoke, avoiding eye contact for a moment as she debated glaring daggers at Roth, irritated that she had to hide the actions of the intelligence beside her. Eventually she regained her composure and looked to Josef, who had been waiting patiently for her to do just that, silently expecting an explanation. "From the intelligence reports delivered by our Aschen colleagues we understand that there is a particularly unstable world in the Local Sector, Valore, that displayed a variety of curious phenomenon that could be exploited for use in research and development, even before the over-saturation of tricobalt weaponry rendered the region a hazard zone." A gloved hand hung in the air, in mid-gesture, as she looked to the rest of the cabinet, taking the opportunity to drive her point home. "One which we can step in and police as a disaster area."

The implications of this were not lost on those gathered, though it was still the Supreme Executive Officer who stood to benefit the most from any venture exploiting such a circumstance, except perhaps her silent partner. "... so the Syndicate is going to establish a research facility on Valore, Dr. Hofmann, under the cover of this... police action?" Josef inquired with an even tone, keeping his eyes on the woman as she nodded, affirming it quickly enough with the spoken word.

"Yes, your majesty."

"I do not like things being kept from me, Dr. Hofmann. Please remember that in the future." He added, feeling that the matter was properly addressed now that she had admitted, at least in part, to withholding her intentions and actions regarding a matter that could easily escalate into an international incident. With another sip of water he intended to address both the Reichsführer and the Grand Admiral, to see which was better equipped to deal with the Hera Prime affair, when the distorted voice of the Supreme Avatar broke the silence, drawing the attention of all gathered.

"Many apologies, your majesty." The sleek and armored form of the Avatar remained still as stone while she spoke, her neon gaze locked on the Emperor. "Having infiltrated the CNS New Atraliah of the Coalition's 3rd Exogarden Fleet six years, eight months, nineteen days, three hours, forty-eight minutes and thirty-one seconds, Tannhäuser Standard Time, prior to the current date, I have been observing it alongside three-thousand, eight-hundred and ninety-two other vessels assigned to the Coalition's Exogarden Commands." Unblinking, she paused only for a moment in her extrapolation, the pace of her words unyielding. "Only with its entry into the Local Sector have I come across a planet whose parameters match that of the spatial and psionic imbalances requested for testing and research by seven separate Syndicate departments. Eighteen hours, fifty-three minutes and nine seconds ago the CNS New Atraliah deployed a forward observation team to the planet identified in Aschen dossiers as Valore. The deployment of the SNV Duranus to the Local Sector was my decision. I advised Dr. Hofmann on the entirety of the affair and calculated that the guise of a police action and disaster relief would be the most efficient means of exploiting the opportunity presented." With that her lips stilled, the ministers of the cabinet around the table sharing in it save for the occasional shift or stretch in their seat.

"I accept full responsibility for my actions in regards to the acquisition of Valoran assets."

The Kaiser took the explanation in stride, listening to all that the cyborg had to say before she finished, ending with such a bold venture as to accept responsibility for the matter that had irked him to discover. He was thankful, as were the rest of those gathered, that she had provided them with the condensed explanation, knowing how long-winded the reasoning of the construct could prove, though Josef wasn't sure whether to be impressed or irritated with her actions. Already he considered just what Hrethgir acting on its own initiative to secure this world meant, and he was eager to avoid another altercation between the Supreme Avatar and the Reichsführer over the matter of psionics. "This is unexpected, Hrethgir," He could have understood, or foreseen, a Syndicate investment in the system, not simply for research but also for profit, but to have Hrethgir act on her own accord and move on the system raised more questions than her explanation answered. "... but not entirely unwelcome." Assuming she was being truthful regarding the seven departments, and that was something he would discover soon enough once the meeting had concluded. "I expect each of these departments to deliver."

"They shall, your majesty."

Last edited by a moderator:
as written by Ottoman

Night had fallen on the Reichsplatz by the time the others had returned, the cabinet meeting having ended not long after the brief episode with Hrethgir's admission of acting on her own initiative, Josef having remained in the Reichskanzlei despite his sister having retired to the palace for a brief respite from policy and politics. Silently he reviewed reports and requests from across his domain, whether addressed to the civil government, his house, or himself personally, the curved pipe protruding from the corner of his mouth gradually filling the sitting room with smoke as he did. The Kaiser had hoped that the chore would take his mind off of the matter, but it seemed to only worsen his curiosity with each passing minute as he considered the construct's motivations for such bold action. Of course that wasn't to say that Hrethgir didn't have the ability to redeploy or reorganize the forces of the Hegemony, she certainly did, though such capability was meant for defensive purposes, not some offensive gamble like the one she had set into motion.

Only a passing glance was paid to the Grand Admiral as he stepped through the door into the dimly-lit chamber, the burly Austran man moving to take a seat beside his lord, casting a brief look over the holograms that Kampf still flicked back and forth through. Ernst peeled off his gloves, the dress uniform being something rather mandated here in the capitol building, and even if his Emperor beside him had shed his own coat, Dietrich would refrain. After all, he was the supreme head of the fleet, and the fleet was the epitome of professionalism. "I'm surprised that you didn't retire to the palace, your majesty. The Empress seemed rather keen on doing so." The man's words had little effect on Josef, who continued to meander his way through the holographic documents as he sought some way to keep his mind from what he knew was coming once the others arrived. His voice, devoid of inflection and care, responded to Dietrich's implications.

"You should know me better than that, Ernst."

Already had the Admiral reached into his jacket to remove the silver case, which was a stoic sort of gaudy, that carried the cigarillos that he was so fond of smoking at times like these, away from the prim propriety of open council meetings. With a click it was shut, its form silently placed on the smooth face of the table at which they both sat. Weathered hands brought the vice to Ernst's lips, the sweetness of the leaf causing his mouth to water ever so slightly before he brought his lighter up to properly enjoy it. Aromatic smoke filled the air between the Admiral and the Emperor, hanging and billowing for a few moments as the former made sure that the flame had taken to his vice before he flicked the cover closed on his lighter. Despite such, its flame seemed to slither on in the ice-blue eyes of the common-born man like an ocher serpent. "... that I do."

It wasn't long before Alyssa arrived, still looking somewhat flustered from being put on the spot as she was earlier today in front of all the cabinet, and followed closely by Josefine, who seemed to pay as much heed to this affair as her brother. Having slowly and casually assembled, the congress of shadows awaited the arrival of the fifth and final member, each exchanging brief hints of small talk with the others, not quite keen on delving too deep into any topics before the real business of the 'summit' came to bear. Time drug on, the admiral lighting a second cigar before finally the last of their company skulked through the door. It was an odd thing, seeing Hrethgir move the way that she did now - the normally cold and precise automaton seemed now to harbor anxiety and apprehension in her movements - hesitating not once but twice as she moved for her seat at the table, all of those gathered remaining silent until the door was sealed shut. The green eyes of the Avatar jumped between those gathered, though they rested primarily on Josef.

Naturally it was the Emperor who spoke first, all of those present, and wasted no time in taking Hrethgir to task on her intentions, his voice measured and slowly-paced. "Tell me, Hrethgir, why you embarrassed yourself and this council earlier today?" For he knew there was a reason that she acted this way, a reason that she felt that Valore was so important for her own machinations that she was willing to betray her nature and expose the ruse of LEGION to the uninitiated. If anything he figured that Hrethgir was a loyal servant, if not a cruel one, and that beyond all else she would never betray his will - but he realized, now more than ever, that he could figure wrong. "I am certain that I was not the only one perturbed by what happened." Such words did not evoke a response from the others gathered, though the silence was just as much confirmation as any words of agreement.

The once-Scatterran woman flinched under such words, knowing that the ire of he who sat across from her was not something easily drawn or lightly weathered. Her eyes remained on the table's surface for a moment, having looked away at his second statement, his tone striking a fearful chord inside of her. In her humblest tone the Supreme Avatar began, her voice still distorted from her cybernetic form, "Your majesty, you know well the f-"

"You will look at me when we speak."

Hrethgir shut her eyes, taking a moment to steel herself before she looked up, her emerald gaze locking with the Emperor's, though already she felt as she shrank under it. "... you know well the feud that I have long nurtured with the Psychic Korps, how I have so long sought to bring a psychic into the fold of my LEGION, for the war - you understand." Though Kampf said nothing, simply leaning back in his seat, he certainly understood - for he did know well the petty feud that existed between Hrethgir and whoever happened to be Reichsführer at the time, and how he considered it a non-issue. The look he now wore betrayed such sentiment, and the Supreme Avatar could read it plain as day. "Since there seems to be no chance, currently, for a psionic Scatterran to be inducted into my LEGION-"

"... you decided to induct some psionic natives of some galactic backwater?" He inquired, eyebrows indicating that this was no rhetorical question that he asked, expecting an answer from the supposed-automaton. "Ones that might be under the protection of any number of foreign powers - even our allies?" That was such a strange word to use in conversation, allies - it had been so very long since he had the chance to utilize it in this sense. The Aschen could very well have significant investments in this planet, considering the dossiers and information that they had shared regarding it, and the last thing that the Emperor, and indeed anyone on this council, wanted to deal with was a diplomatic incident over Hrethgir's power-jockeying.

"If only to demonstrate their capabilities as part of the LEGION, your majesty." She murmured, having hoped that the veil of use in the war with the Collective might have been enough to win her some pity, even mercy, from those with whom she sat, though now it seemed to do anything but. She had no doubt that they could be used, to great effect, both domestically and abroad, but it seemed to be a matter that her betters were altogether opposed to, ever since she had initially brought it up. For the longest time she had done her best to convince them, even convince herself, that it would be key to victory at home and on the front - but at the base of it all lay her motivations, the desire to ingratiate herself to the head of the council.

"And not to be used to usurp my power, or that of my vassals?" It was a difficult pill to swallow, the thought of Hrethgir's Legionaries having the capabilities and powers of the psychic corps, and it was one that he, as well as the others, were opposed to. All except the mistress of the Syndicate, of course, who still regarded Hrethgir with some degree of distaste, if only to fit in with the rest of the council. She knew well that her place on the council was already a cold one, thanks to her involvement in the enabling of Hrethgir's little scheme. "I will state again, like I stated every other time, that the induction of the psionic into the LEGION is a mistake, and will not be permitted under my jurisdiction." He didn't feel that he had to go into detail concerning the reasons, both he and Hrethgir could recall them well enough.

"Your majesty, it is not ambition that-"

"It is nothing but ambition, Legatus," The Emperor's harsh words cut her explanation off, the leader disinterested in her placations. "It's woven into every fiber of your being - do not pretend to be above it." The man was beyond irritation with this construct, and already he considered what it was he would levy on her for punishment, the considerations worsening with every time that she opened her mouth attempting to defend herself and her decisions. Perhaps, were it that she had come clean about what she had done and why, it would've kept Hrethgir from his ire.

"You said it yourself, that the war with the Collective is simply a matter of time, that there will come a day when the Void will demand our full attention, and-"

There was no need for him to speak to still her tongue, eyes narrowed at the turn of conversation, able to see without glancing that the Empress was taken aback by the mention of the Abyss. Though he would be the first of all to admit to the threat posed by the endless dark that threatened existence, he would not let politics - especially those of such a coward as Hrethgir - use it as a sort of rallying point to further the agendas of power-blocs. "Then go to Valore, Legatus. Make your psionic toys, and we will judge what use they are against the Abyss." The ire in his voice having moved just shy of genuine acrimony, his vexation with this Calsitic mistake of nature contained only by the presence of the rest of those gathered. "We would know." Four of those present had witnessed its power, its terrible might, and only one had not.

Such words struck her deeply, Hrethgir's gaze widening as she realized that he had given her permission to proceed with her operation, though it certainly wasn't under the most ideal of circumstances. No doubt remained in her mind that she must produce results, or face the risk of being replaced as Legatus - a matter which she knew to be entirely within the realm of possibility. "Leave, lest I regret such leniency."

as written by Ottoman, glmstr and Krysis

The towering double doors parted to reveal a conference room that reached the same heights as the marble-lined gallery that the Aschen delegation had just come from, opened by way of two of the many black-clad sentinels that stood guard across all the Reichsplatz, their snapping heels serving as a preamble for the introduction of the Aschen emperor. Lancaster, who had long since handed his peaked cap off to an aide upon entering the chancellery, spoke up at this, drawing the eyes of all those gathered, his eloquent baritone carrying itself easily across the long table, to the ears of all those gathered, and those attending were legion.

On the right of the new arrivals stirred many faces of the civil government, among them Supreme Justice Koch and General Kawashima, who regarded these newcomers with a slight sense of apprehension - Kawashima's expression born moreso from their stature than the disdain that Koch held for the hedonistic terrans. To their left, near the grandiose windows that overlooked the plaza and made intentionally tall enough to appreciate the titanic size of the Gotteshalle, stood the Empress, among one or two others, was speaking with the emissary from the Moral Alliance, Kriemhild, when Prince arrived.

Beyond it all were the supreme officers of the Hegemony's military - Dietrich, Drazovic, Voroshilov - who spoke in even tones with another rather diminutive man, who were not keen on the interruption were it that the sour glances they paid Prince and company any indication. With them however stood the towering giant of a man who so many called God, not far from his traditional seat at the head of the table, who broke away from the conversation that he and his officers had been engaged in to look to the newest arrivals.

"Ladies and gentlemen, his highness Isambard Prince." Constantine announced, stepping to the side that Prince might have the assembled individuals' full attention.

As the much larger folk flocked away from their former positions and stood to address the new arrival, the notably smaller man hesitated momentarily before also approaching, to allow multiple figures from around the room to join his flanks. The dark blue uniform of the man, especially with the outline of brilliant cobalt from the metallic guards surrounding him, made him stand out nearly as much as the giant nearby. Additionally, the white emblem embroidered into the man's coat and painted across the chests of the guards did not match that of the Supremacy, an inverted triangle with no other embellishments.

The delegation from the Moral Alliance stood out like a gaudy thumb among all those uniforms. Only a handful were present, but none of them were dressed even slightly alike. Ambassador Kriemhild flicked open her lacy fan to pass the gauzy shield before her crimson lips, hiding her amused smile, though the twinkle in her eye would not be disguised. She had come nearly alone, with only the captain of her Minat guard at her side and a trio of Valkyr lingering somewhat to the rear. The demonstration of faith was meant to show trust in the Supremacy, but showing off the barbarian splendor of their small Alliance could not be passed up either. The massive, lion headed female Minat was in leather that seemed more ceremonial than defensive, dyed to eye-searing purple that screamed against the gold of flesh and fur. The Valkyr were in pink, gold, and chartreuse armors, each with a different family crest and configuration. Beside that mass of color, Ambassador Frieda was almost plain in a white victorian style dress and black lace, which matched her trademark cameo jewelry nicely as she trailed after the rest to take her place in the diplomatic formation.

"Isambard," Kampf spoke, his voice nearly booming in the relative silence that held the room in the wake of Constantine's words, his own just as practiced and suave as the foreign minister's. "It's good of you to join us, we've been expecting you - I hope you don't mind if I say so." With that he set a soft hand atop the back of his seat, gesturing to the many others that surrounded the table.

"Ladies, gentlemen, please. You're bringing several things to our attention, as I recall, Prince. Feel free to begin when you see fit." Only once all those gathered were seated did he move to take his own at the head of the table, across from his sister, who sat at the opposing end.

as written by barney_fife

The doors to the main chambers opened, and Princes guard entered first, their white and red, embroidered outfits contrasted with the austere and professional appearance of the Hegemony personnel within the room. Their movements were precise, disciplined, and deliberate as they marched into the room towards the table. Their march was a normal paced march, but with their right foot striking the ground forcibly at intervals. Their right arms went up above their heads with their movements; and once they reached their positions, the guards made a 90 degree turn, and clicked their heels to the ground. With another swift motion, their rifles went from their shoulder to the port arms position.

"Iubere armis!" The Sergeant called out in the ancient language of Anquietas.

The Guardsmen went from port arms, to letting the rifle fall to their side, a saluting motion for the rifle followed, and then the weapon's stock was gently set on the floor.

The guardemen's right hand was now grasped on the barrel of the rifle; while it's stock was on the floor, and his left hand went straight down his side, standing at attention with heels locked together. It was at this point Prince and Marlene were walking through the corridor of Imperial Guards.

Prince's movements, along with Marlene's were careful and deliberate, he passed each of his guards slowly, while Marlene stood behind and to the right of Prince, following him in step. Her movements were not that of a simple wife, but calculated, evident that she too had extensive training. Once Prince made his way to the table, and the signal to be seated had been given, the Imperial Guard turned to face their Hegemony counterparts, and offer a crisp salute by bringing their right arm straight across their chest, parallel to the ground; hand made into a fist.

They then turned clicking their heels, and promptly shouldered their weapons before they began marching out of the main room. They would wait outside, leaving only two of the honor guard left to stand guard. One behind and to the left of Prince's seat at the table, the other behind and to the right of Marlene's seat both stood at ceremonial at ease, their rifles to the front. Their left hand on the muzzle itself, with their right hand slightly below at their left hand.

With well recieved announcements, Prince paid glances to everyone in the room, to the delegation sent by the MAD, as well as everyone else. He could see the sour notes in the air, the tension, but the Aschen Emperor paid no heed to it, his mind was assessing, plotting.

"Thank you, your Majesty, for this warm welcome. I do bring several things concerning matters of our alliance. The most grave though is reports from our border that an entity known as the Exogarden has begun operating in regions of the galaxy uncomfortably close to our outlying provinces. Something that I foresee leading to an engagement eventually. I was hoping for an Empire most grand, His Imperial Majesty could offer some insight into this matter."

as written by Krysis

Last of the Aschen entourage, Jackie quietly took her place behind the flashy honor guard. She was blushing a little, embarrassed at such a show being put on. After all, this was Kampf's home. It was the Supremacy's place to impress others, just as the visit to Langara had been for the Aschen to impress the Scatterans.

Still, it had been done, there was no changing it now. The secretary kept her expression blank as she took her post and prepared to take notes, though the lion-headed minotaur creature did make her do a double-take.

That feline humanoid just folded her arms and wrinkled her nose briefly before taking on a sort of stoic imperturbable look, as if all soft-skin things were beneath her notice. Standing behind Ambassador Kriemhild, the golden beast was certainly worth a second look, around seven foot tall and rippling with muscles.

Kriemhild smiled still, amused at the antics of those around her. Of course, every nation represented was more technologically advanced than the Alliance, but the Moralists were still able to find something to laugh about in almost any situation. Still, if even the MAD found something particularly ridiculous (such as the Aschen's honor guard uniforms and 'march'), it was a good bet that it was very silly indeed.

The three Valkyr exchanged a dark look at the realization of who exactly it was they were there to listen to. They had not been informed beforehand, as the Eith-born race was still not trusted by the Alliance at large. Two of that small race (the male just over five foot tall) managed to just glower generally, but the third, the smaller of the two females, glared openly until she was elbowed by the older female and a quiet reprimand was given.

as written by Ottoman

Once all gathered had moved to take a seat and Prince had stated what the Kaiser assumed to be his premier concern, the God-Emperor of the Supremacy simply nodded, settling into his place at the head of all those gathered. Given, not all the foreign dignitaries here today were leaders - such as ambassador Kriemhild - but the Austrans expected these heads of state or government to understand that, were the Kampfs in their place in their respective nations, they too would refrain from such weighted seats. Glancing to his flank only briefly, Josef looked to their own secretary that stood ready to begin recording what was said, his eyebrows raised as he inquired, "Oberscharführerin?" The young woman looked up from the digital apparatus that she was assigned to, her face stern, her fingers ready.

"Your majesty." She spoke with a small bow of her head.

With that he turned back to the various officials with a smile, weaving his fingers together as his hands came to rest in his lap, the various massive doors that lead into the room soon finding themselves sealed as Kampf's eyes danced between all those gathered before falling back on Prince. "My apologies, Isambard - the Exogarden?" Came his inquiry, his brows climbing at the mention of the nearly rogue echelon of the Coalition's military. "How may I be of assistance?"

Prince offered a modest and respectful inclination of his head to his counterpart. His eyes meeting the table for a few moments as he looked back upon the figure that these people revered as a god. He noted the visible reaction at the mention of the Exogarden, it seemed to Prince that perhaps the Scatterran Hegemony knew more about the Exogarden than the Aschen emperor had previously thought.

He turned to Marlene, who produced a small file folder from the purse that was hanging so delicately from her left shoulder, passing them to Isambard as Prince splayed the contents of the folder out on the table.

"Our military is not well versed in fighting an enemy such as this Exogarden. Many of those within our ranks are used to fighting enemies where there was a wide strategic and technological gap. At the very least, I would like someone to send advisors to assist our high command in devising an effective doctrine to challenge the Exoogarden should they cross into our borders." Prince explained, sliding several star charts denoting last known Exogarden positions.

"There have been sightings in these sectors of space, and I fear this will escalate to war if they continue to encroach; so I ask your Majesty, what form of assistance would you be willing to offer?"

as written by Ottoman

Quietly the star charts and interstellar references were passed about the table, some lingering in the hands of those interested and others held only long enough to be polite, to feign concern over a matter that was far beyond their own responsibilities. Advisors and attaches? Those Kampf could manage in grand abundance, perhaps the most minimal commitment a power could make in regards to who or what it supported in a conflict, outside of an embargo or 'aid relief', and his mind dwelt on just what sort of 'volunteers' would be deployed to the Aschen theater, given that the decision be made to send them there. Eventually all the star charts wound up in the hands of either Imperial twin, though they pertained far more to Josef's area of expertise than Josefine's, and the elder of the two took several moments to examine the maps before he spoke, familiarizing himself with their points of reference.

"In your own words, Prince, I have no qualms with dispatching as many advisors as you require, to operate on a strategic or tactical level - we do it often enough with the little wars in the former Commonwealth, the Coalition won't think anything of it." With that the Austran titan looked to his flank, to Zabat and the Moralist delegation, shrugging as he mused for but a moment on foreign involvement in this burgeoning conflict. He could not speak for them, though were it that they had something to add, they were free to do so. "But I do not believe I can properly deploy the forces of the empire to stamp out this rogue element. Penal detachment though they are, the Exogarden's eradication would provide a neat and trim casus belli for war here in the Garden." A war that would so vastly outclass any that the Milky Way had seen yet, and one that he and his opponent in Interstella had worked tirelessly to avoid these last five centuries - at least, until the Supremacy was ready for the Endsieg.

"Doctor Hofmann," Kampf inquired, the cold blonde looking up to the liege-lord of the Supremacy from where she sat, her sleek-cut business suit a stark contrast to the many uniforms that were worn around the conference. "Outside of Task Force Cocytus and the Cordon, does the Syndicate have any forces in-theater?" He knew that they had something - the Syndicate was ever-present where ever the Supremacy had been, like fleas, clinging anywhere that they could find the least bit of traction - he simply didn't know what they had there.

"A handful of capital ships as I understand it. Not quite enough for a fleet but that could always be amended."

A brief glance back to Prince, the emperor making a small gesture to the SEO of the Syndicate after she finished speaking. "Perhaps SARDAS could provide the martial assistance you'd prefer?" Given, neither the Supremacy or its economic Syndicate were charities, though the Syndicate preferred to have its bills paid in cash rather than binding treaties.

Prince quietly took in the Kampfs offer. His people could use whatever advise the Hegemony could provide. Prince himself knew that the Empire was sorely overdue for a major overhaul in both military policy and strategic thinking. The Rule through fear of force doctrine that the Aschen Military had operated under all these years was slowly threatening to become obsolete.

Prince recalled several skirmishes involving Aschen personnel, including the most recent one on Valore as astounding embarrassments to Aschen naval prestige. Reports of Aschen soldiers throwing down their weapons and routing under the slightest of resistance. If they weren't outright winning, Morale was almost impossible to keep up.

Prince feared the worst in the face of the Exogarden, the extreme incompetence of his Military caused his teeth to grit, even as Marlene placed an assuring hand on his thigh, whispering to him in Anquietas.

"The Empire can compensate the Syndicate in whatever form of payment they choose, whether it be hard cash funds, precious metals, or something else, I am certain the Empire can repay it's debt, that is not a concern. To be frank, your Majesty, the Military of this Empire is sorely lacking in any sort of competency. To face a force such as the Exogarden would be nothing less than a total embarrassment for the Aschen Empire; if it hasn't come to that already." Prince said.

"However, my people are nothing if not tenacious, especially in the defense of their homes and livelihoods, I believe with the proper equipment and guidance, the people of the United Aschen Empire will rise to the occasion and crush the Exogarden." Prince said, fire brimming in his words.

"We will prove ourselves worthy of your respect and admiration, Caesar."

Back