Ame Damnee The Royal Bedchambers

Rue

Acting Maniac
Within the top floor of the palace lies the Royal Bedchambers, a lavish expanse that holds the King's bed, study and wardrobe. It has recently been sanitized by the royal healers to accommodate the King's illness. The large stain glass window is the rooms centerpiece and holds a marvelous view of New Eden in the distance.

Jonathan Gold - Royal Bedchambers

There were only two people inside the lavishly decorated chambers. An old, sickly man laying on the bed as he was waiting for death to come and claim him, and a young, dark haired human standing guard in front of him as the intruders assaulted the palace gates. There was a knock on the door as a guard who's voice the young man recognized shouted at them. "Your Highness, the intruders have made it into the palace, they're slaughtering everyone, you need to run!!"

The young man turned toward his master, the King of New Eden himself as the old man addressed him. "Jonathan, you must leave, you must survive." The king said before bursting into a coughing fit. The man, Jonathan Gold, shook his head. "I wont leave you behind." He said calmly and with authority. The King had been like a father to Jon since he was sixteen. There was no way he was going to abandon him now.

The old man merely smiled at him. "Johnny, whether I die in bed, at the hands of these ruffians, or out on the streets, it matters not. Either way, I'll be dead. Let me pass on knowing that you will survive to avenge my legacy. All my secrets must die before they get their hands on me. Will you grant this old man his last wish?"

Jonathan held the king's hand as he drew his dagger. "May Aditi grace you in the next life, my liege." He said, before plunging the dagger into the mans heart. The king died with a content smile on his face, while Jon tried his hardest to fight back tears. Within moments he was up, he shattered the stain glass window and stood into it, looking out on the view of New Eden. He knew this would be the last time he saw it like that in quite a while. He eyed the lake down below, took a deep breath to calm his nerves, and leaped for it, vanishing into the night.

Hyde Bekele
Approaching the Royal Bedchambers

Hyde turned a corner, his body appearing in midair as he came down on a lone soldier standing in the hallway with his weapons drawn. His katars plunged into the soldier and the two of them fell to the ground with a thump. Hyde retracted his blades and pulled himself off the body. He stood in the hallway for a moment as his blades vanished into thin air. He turned to see Minerva now turning the corner after him, he worried about the paleness that was invading her face. They had successfully navigated through the corridors and made their way to the Royal Bedchambers without being further injured, even without sneaking around Hyde was well skilled and quick enough to dispose of any threats that had approached him. If he was counting, and he was, he had taken six lives on the way to their destination. Hyde quickly made his way over to Minerva, he took her arm and put it around his shoulder to provide support as they walked the rest of the way to the Royal Bedchambers together.

The man pushed through the heavy doors. The room was filled with stale air, there was a grand dresser in the room and another door that lead to, most likely, a bathroom. Lining one wall of the chambers was a large rectangular table that was filled with medicinal herbs. In the middle of the room was a grand bed and in it, was the King. Hyde raised an eyebrow, questioning why the highest royal authority was alone and then it dawned it on him, is he dead? The man removed Minera's hand from his shoulder, materialized a small dagger and walked toward the bed to examine the body. As Hyde drew closer to the King, it was clear that the body was not breathing and he lay there completely still; lifeless. The assassin cocked his head to the side at the wound on his chest, his clothes were now a bloodied mess. The man was killed but there were no signs of resistance. "That's one way to keep the royal secrets..." Hyde remarked quietly. The man picked up the King's body and moved it into the bathroom joined to the room, when he entered the Bedchambers again he shut the door behind him and his attention drew back to Minerva.

"Come on, we need to get you patched up." he guided her to where the medicinal herbs were.

Minerva, The Royal Bedchambers

She could feel the color drain from her face. Even the stench from the bed made her feel nauseous when she wasn't usually uncomfortable around dead things. Minerva made her way over to where the herbs were and sat down on the chair nearby. She began to take off her pauldron and chest armor. There was no way she'd be able to treat herself in a decent manner with padding in the way. "I'm always being told by Dot and Devon to stop working myself too hard, to stop taking risks that would likely get me killed, but then I wonder sometimes, if that is the only way to get what I crave the most," she stated absentmindedly, standing up and beginning to search through the chest of herbs.

There has to be Comfrey salve in here somewhere.

She glanced around the room for the bathroom and found it. A bucket and a warm wash cloth would be needed, so she stood up to get those as well. Minerva continued to speak; a way to distract herself from the consistent pain on her body. She didn't want to make it clear that she was trying to find some source of comfort by releasing little tidbits of her past, but talking about it helped, even if only a little. She knew Hyde would listen, regardless of whether or not he had anything to say about it. She didn't care either way, as long as she could spit something out, even if it was difficult. "You may be wondering how I seem to know what I'm doing. A long time ago, I met a man in the forest of my old home."

Minerva continued, "I found it rather odd a human was in Iantha, but that's besides the point. I was a naive faery back then and he saved me, taught me about the woods, about healing. I can't cure, but I can help myself. I suppose I never saw the reason to share this knowledge with anyone because we had physicians in the underground taking care of us if we were sick, nauseous, or about to die." She began to fill the bucket up with warm water and grabbed a cloth nearby. "I hope things really do change after we take over. We've been stuck doing the same old boring routine for hundreds of years. It gets old after a while and this is what the Underground needs. A fresh beginning."

Hyde Bekele
The Royal Bedchambers

Hyde listened silently as Minerva spoke and searched through the medicinal herbs. She was clearly knowledgeable in the area and he was curious as to how, but the answer to his question came quite quickly. Hyde allowed the woman to share a piece of her, he knew that judging by her body language and frantic looking around the room that she was uncomfortable with what she was doing. He wondered why she felt comfortable enough with him to even talk about only small pieces of herself. Hyde moved toward her as she was filling the bucket; his body stopped just behind hers as he slowly reached around her to take the bucket out of her hand. "Go sit down, Minerva. I'll do this."

Hyde finished filling the bucket with warm water and returned to the bedroom where Minerva was not sitting but instead was standing at the table frantically searching for what she needed. Hyde sighed as he moved over tot he table and placed the bucket on the table. He turned to her and placed his hands firmly on her shoulders, "just stop for a moment. Frantically looking around will not solve the problem." Hyde dipped the cloth into the warm water and rung out the excess. He did what naturally came next, he turned back to Minerva and dabbed the woman's face with the cloth. He knew that she would likely not care for his gesture but he did it anyway. "Iantha, the Unseelie Kingdom, correct?" he asked. "It would surely be odd to see a human there." The man's voice was calm as he watched closely at his hands at work. Hyde removed the cloth from her face and plunged it into the bucket for the second time, he repeated the steps of ringing it out and dabbing it against Minerva's face again. "It is admirable what you are doing, I hope you know that. Those that have monsters living in their closet often let the monsters swallow them whole.... it's rare to find those who don't."

Hyde removed the cloth from her face again, this time just holding it in his hand as he watched the woman. He knew all too well about monsters living in people's closets and like Minerva, he had faced his alone. It was a loneliness that he knew all too well.

I hope you're not referring to me as the monster in your closet, Hyde...

"
Now that we have taken a breath, tell me what you're looking for and I'll help you find it."

Her heart pounded as she looked nonstop through the small jars of rooibos roots, chamomile leaves, and some clear salve. Her body temperature shot up and her palms began to sweat. She couldn't find it. She couldn't concentrate. Her hands shook as Hyde placed the bucket on the table and placed his hands firmly on her shoulders. She stopped what she was doing and stared at Hyde's gestures as he dipped the cloth in the water and pressed it to her face. Minerva didn't say anything as he tended to her; something that seemed to be so unlike the assassin. She sat down in the chair, quiet. His reciprocation towards her was unexpected. She felt a little awkward for trying to do everything on her own. "A smooth dark green salve. It should be in a jar somewhere in this," Minerva responded, her voice less shaky, more calm as she pat the edge of the chest. "There's a lot in here."

Hyde Bekele
The Royal Bedchambers

"A smooth dark green salve. It should be in a jar somewhere in this," she told him as she finally sat down. The woman was, indeed, stubborn, but Hyde was happy she was finally listening to him. It wasn't often that he would step into affairs such as these but he regarded Minerva was someone of importance to him and he always acted much differently around those who were important to him. The man handed her the cloth as he turned his attention to the chest and began sorting through the bottles. When he came across the one she had described he turned to her and held it out. "Ta da!" he said, his voice more upbeat than normal at a small attempt to lighten the mood somehow.

"I know how difficult it can be to stop and have someone help you, Minerva. I am an assassin after all and always work alone, but even I sometimes need help." He stated, his eyes now looking around the room. "I imagine there will be more wardens on their way here shortly. I'm surprised there wasn't an army of them with the King. That can only tell me that there was just but one person in charge of being with him, someone skilled enough yet nimble enough to get away." The man raised a brow as he walked around the room looking for clues. "His job was simply to kill the king and get out of here. Go where, I don't know. Probably to get more wardens. Which means, the man is most likely an assassin like me. But the palace would not call him an assassin, most likely a spy of some kind." He turned back to Minerva, it seemed as though the Hyde was just talking at that point. "It makes sense as to why I never saw him in this place all those weeks."

Minerva's head hung in silence. Hyde's attempt to cheer her up was appreciated; the corners of her lips briefly perked up, but she didn't feel the same. She was always on guard, always cautious. Minerva quietly took the small jar from Hyde's hand and set it down on the wooden table next to her. She stood up, brought the bucket over to the chair for convenient access and folded the cloth in her hand. Minerva bent over, soaked the cloth in the water, and began cleaning the wound across her stomach. It helped that her body naturally healed on its own. Blood didn't pour from her gash as much as she'd anticipated; otherwise, it would've been a bloody mess.

"It's likely I won't have time to clean up all my wounds, but at least I can try to get the worst of it." She lifted her shirt up halfway, hand movements swift and dexterous as she cleaned up the worst of the dried blood. "The wardens will be dealt with. I plan to capture them, make them talk. If they don't, we'll kill them as a last resort, and their children too, if it comes down to that." Minerva wouldn't let anyone stand in her way and children were useless. She opened the jar of comfrey salve and dipped her fingers in it, then lathered the uncanny mixture onto her wound. It was cool to the touch and helped relieve the sting she felt when she moved her body around.

Minerva moved down to the deep gash on her left leg and rolled her pants up, then got to work once more. "I'm going to need help again, Hyde." Her voice was firm, yet good-natured. "I can't reach the gash on my back. Is there some bandages nearby? I'd like a roll of that as well." Minerva finished taking care of the gash on her leg and wiped the excess salve off on her black pant leg. "After a few more minutes of resting, it'll be best to move on, unless there's something else of importance around here." She took the time to glance around the room and become more aware of what was in her presence. Her nose scrunched up at the exquisite detail in the carpet, walls, and bed sheets.

A stone fireplace to the far left near the window and some golden picture frames above it, bed drapes in red and gold, and exquisite paintings of horses in battle. The one on the far right caught her eye. There was a man with a dark brown mustache and silver armor. He was raising the New Eden banner in victory over some threat, some form of oppression. The king enjoyed flattering his own ego, it seemed. "Whoever killed the king was foolish to do so," Minerva muttered absentmindedly as she glanced away from the painting. "He'd better not come back to the palace, or he'll be answering to me with his tail between his legs."

Dot Maras- Royal Bedchambers
Dot immediately walked in, her pale eyes moving between where Minerva and Hyde were. "Am I interrupting something?" With a sigh, she shook her head. "Never mind, I just need you guys to tell how you two are doing right now so I can patch you up, lovelies." she said, as she moved closer to them, pulling out her equipment and medicine.

Minerva flinched as someone immediately entered the room. Her muscles tensed, hand instinctively went her sword down on the ground beside her. The voice and appearance of Dot. Minerva growled lowly under her breath, hand slowly moving away from the weapon. She rolled her eyes as Dot began to pull out medicine and equipment. "We're fine, Dot," she responded with exasperation, rubbing her hand over her face. "Hyde and I have been taking care of my wounds. He's on the last one."

Kat Charter
"This looks like the best place to head in if I've ever saw o... Oh! Hello!" Kat had been mumbling to herself until chirping at the sight of the trio in-doors, peering in through the priorly-broken glass window. The blonde was floating somewhat above the ground, but not quite staying still and constantly bobbing up and down. "I thought everyone was either dead, tired or dying, you all seem to fit the bill, my name, for now at least will be... K. I am here to negotiate, for you see, I offer a business proposition!" She smiled delightfully, her deep, red, almost hypnotic eyes watching all of them with extreme caution while maintaining a calm, happy demeanour. "I am a... Information-gatherer, of sorts, and am currently quite interested in your reasons as to why you are suddenly taking over the castle! Accept and tell me what this whole attack is about, or take me to your superiors, if it's above your pay grade, and I shall be yours! For a small upkeep of course! Decline and... I'll leave and probably sell your appearances to the closest wardens I meet. Fair, no?" She smiled, a sly glint in her eye. "Oh, and please don't try anything, I may not be a fighter, but I excel at escaping!" She giggled happily, hanging just outside the window.

Hyde Bekele
The Royal Bedchambers

Hyde walked toward the door to the bedchambers, planting his shoulder against the wall next to it in a cautionary manner. He wasn't used to being out in the open as long as he had been. He knew that it was necessary though, even if he didn't care for it. His gaze peered over to Minerva, who was tending to her wounds if it hadn't been for he would've already been through the entire palace and slain anyone in his path. She needed him though and he wasn't going to leave her behind in an injured state. When he asked for her help he simply obliged, leaving his protective place by the door and heading over toward Minerva. Hyde stayed mostly silent as he moved behind her, he placed a gentle hand on her shoulder and used his free hand to lift up the back of her shirt to reveal the wound. "This might sting," he said calmly, and placed the wet cloth against the open cut. He dabbed lightly at the gash, wiping the blood away from her skin; she was healing, it was just slow. Hyde was reached for the jar of Comfrey Salve when he heard footsteps. His body tensed, his hands dropped from Minerva as two blades materialized in his hands; his eyes shot up toward the door and as the figure appeared, his body moved instantly toward it in the blink of an eye.

Hyde appeared behind the figure, one knife pressed against her neck and the other pushed into her side where her vital organs were, waiting for movement before it was plunged into her. The man then realized who he had captured within his grasp, "Dot..." he said silently. Hyde immediately released his hold on her and took a few steps away. "I'm sorry," he said, rubbing the palm of his hand on his forehead and through his hair. "You really shouldn't try and sneak up on an assassin, though."

It wasn't long before he heard something else, though it didn't sound like footsteps. The noises only sounded like a body moving through the air; Hyde's brow raised and he turned to look at the window where the blonde-haired woman had appeared. She talked with confidence, though Hyde knew she was practicing caution, and she offered herself as an information gatherer. The man's expression changed to an unimpressed blank stare and even more so whens he warned them not to try anything. Hyde tilted his head to the direction of Minerva while keeping his eyes on the newcomer, "I assume this isn't one of ours, Minerva. Would you like me to kill her?" He asked quite plainly, as if it was a regular everyday occurrence for him. Anyone that knew Hyde, knew he never let his target get away.

Dot Maras- Royal Bedchambers
Dot shrugged at both Minerva's and Hyde's reaction as she continued with her equipment. "Well, it's good that Hyde helped you Minnie, at least you're not bleeding out on the floor and Hyde I understand you're on edge but I would rather not have to kill one of our own. Regardless, I am still required to check on you guys and offer assistance." Pulling out a salve and vial of liquid painkiller, she tossed it to Minerva with narrowed eyes at her tone. "Take those. The painkiller will get rid of the pain and the salve will help clot the blood should your wounds be irritated. Hyde, I have some for you as after you're done killing the girl or whatever Minnie wants." she shrugged again, sending Minerva a curious look, emphasizing her double meaning on wants. "This will help keep you guys moving without the wounds hindering you too much. No is not an answer either." Dot began to cough a little after she spoke, her pale blue skin covering her mouth. After her little coughing fit, she pulled her hand away, feeling warm liquid on it and the scent of metallic hitting her nose.

So much was happening at once. The stupid girl in the window proposing a business deal while Hyde was tending to her back and Dot acting like she couldn't take care of herself. "Make sure she stays put, Hyde," Minerva grimaced. Dot tossed her a jar of salve and pain killers and she immediately put them on the table beside her. She didn't need them. Dot's cough startled her; Minerva immediately stood up and rushed towards Dot the moment she smelt blood. "You're bleeding. What happened?" Minerva demanded.

Devon Ironsides - Approaching the Royal Bedchambers

The dwarf approached the bedchambers, breathing heavily as he pushed his way into the chamber. There was a girl in the window, Hyde, Dot, and Minnie herself all standing around. "Minnie, we got a bit of a complication. Some undead arsehole claiming to be a former feckin' grandmaster is lookin' fer a fight and wants our best down there for it. That's everyone in this feckin' room from the looks of it. Who's tha feckin' broad?" He gestured to Kat who was still sitting outside the window.

Dante - Royal Bedchambers
Dante entered the already-crowded room shortly after Devon, just in time to hear the dwarf's explanation. Apparently he had just as little an understanding of the recent events as Dante did. However, he stayed quiet when the dwarf finished, as he had nothing else to add. Looking around the room, he noticed Dot's predicament. A brief flicker of concern crossed his face, but was gone as quickly as it appeared.

Kat Charter
"Ha. Ha. Ha. Funny." Kat said bitterly, her happy attitude replaced with one of ugly anger. "Please, allow me to re-phrase what I said. Try anything, and I will not hesitate to cause the roof to come crashing down. I believe that you could all most likely survive it most likely if you were at your peak conditions, but you all seem to be... Coughing up blood, my power is not just merely flying. Do not underestimate me, as I am not going to do the same for you." She threatened, before her furious red eyes glared in at them and she retreated slightly farther out into the open air, out of hitting distance. "Also, toss that knife mr. Man and it's coming straight back in there." She growled. "'What's up with the midget?'" Kat mimicked with a small smirk, still slightly annoyed how it had took them seconds to tag her as nothing. "From three to seven in such a small space of time.." she mused. "Believe me, my bargain still holds. Decline, and I'm not going to bring the ceiling crashing done in a fit of fury, and the more people I see, the better." She grinned as her situationg got better.

Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla hurried up into the room with Dante, distracted and somewhat vacant as her mind kept repeating the events that had just unfolded before himself. "This is what happens here? This is the organisation? We just kill for what we want with no care for those we're effecting?" She whispered silently to herself, gazing warily at those around her before pulling away from Dante and crawling into a corner and curling up into a small ball, watching and unblinking, unsure of whether they might just kill her. Dot had told her that she was going to kill.. What if she told the others? What if they found out she was refusing to kill? Would they kill her? She didn't put it past them. She thought, her mind rampaging through different, increasingly worried for her own well-being. "Maybe they were just keeping me alive to see if Dot or Devon could change me.." she sighed, not looking at anyone or anywhere besides her own two feet and ignoring all the sounds she heard, be it coughing or words.

Dot Maras-Bedchambers
"I'll be fine, Minerva. It may have something to do with an earlier attack but I'll be fine."
Dot shrugged, before turning her head up at Minerva. "The annoying girl is still talking. It's your call to do something with her though she doesn't seem to realize that her life would be gone faster than she can bring this roof down." Dot then turned towards Kat. "If you would kindly hush, I would rather not get a headache at this moment. I find your voice very unpleasant to listen to and have an urge to silence you permanently. Don't make me act on it, child."Dot was beyond annoyed and had half a mind to send her axe through the girl's neck but until Minerva said so, she would restrain. "Minnie, should some of us go ahead and head back down there then?"

Hyde Bekele
The Royal Bedchambers

The assassin remained with his eyes focused on the newcomer, who referred to herself as K. He could hear Dot's words of caution about killing him if necessary but he chose to ignore them, simply because he knew otherwise. Hyde did what he was told, he simply watched her, however; the room began to fill. First, Devon, going on about an undead spirit and with him the small girl. Behind Devon was Dante, who joined the room in silence and Hyde could feel himself growing more uncomfortable with the more of them in a room, together, in hostile territory. He knew the Underground was strong but it was unwise to be grouped with as many of them as there were now in one place and as an assassin, being surrounded the way he was made him uncomfortable even if he could escape in the blink of an eye.

The pushing point was when the floating woman continued to threaten them. His eyes narrowed on the woman, the one called K. He was ordered to keep an eye on her but that was when there was only three of them in the room. There were more lives at stake now and the ante was raised with each body that was there. Hyde thought back to what she had originally proposed, an information gatherer. We need more than just that.

You should go, Hyde. There are too many bodies in this room.

"I know that..." he mumbled underneath his breath. We are at risk now. I believe in your abilities but I also know that if something should happen while you are here, you will struggle with making the right choice and just letting them die. "How is that the right choice?" he asked, a bit louder now. Because it ensures our survival. Leave Hyde. Leave now.

And then he was gone. As if his body had never been there to begin with. It had completely disappeared, seemingly into nothingness until it appeared again but now, behind the newcomer with his arm wrapped around the front of her shoulder and firmly grasped on the other. Hyde's face leaned into her ear, "boo," he whispered softly before the two of them vanished. He knew he had to leave but he wasn't going to leave the threat behind with the others.

Last edited:

Minerva growled under her breath. Too many people, too much stress. "Dammit Dot. You're not fine. You're an elf, for God's sake. You should be healed by now." She pulled away from Dot and rubbed her face. "Teach your apprentice a thing or two and keep her here. I can't deal with this self-doubt. Come on, Devon. Dante. Stay behind Dot, Priscilla. Things will get messy." She took off towards the throne room, not looking back once to see if they'd obeyed her orders or not. It appeared someone else was trying to call the shots and she wasn't going to let them.

Back