The Royal Captive; Fire in Fermanagh

Hearing that she had actually done great in his eyes, made her lighten up. She no longer appeared slightly dejected, but smiled vibrantly. She'd peeked down at him as she squatted next to him, and by this point completely forgotten about getting her dress dirty. In fact she wasn't concerned about it in the least. Her hair was a mess by this point, she would really have to brush it later.

She was happy to see his grin, finding him amused by her awareness of his ability to crush her. She bit her lip slightly as he'd pushed himself up, it was an unconscious thing, but she was concentrating on his movements. He was a person that managed to both excite and festinate her.

She breathed easily as he wrapped an arm around her neck. Like before, her palms instantly found his arm and slightly squeezed. She knew he was being gentle, well aware of his strength. When he told her, all she would need to do was wait for Sean to take care this sort of situation, she couldn't help but roll her eyes. Talking about himself in third person?

"Well if Sean Kelly were preoccupied... worrying about me could be a deadly distraction no?"
She was serious about this, she didn't want anyone to get hurt because of her. Especially included Sean, because she cared for him.

She was listening to the rest of his instruction, she laughed when he suggested grabbing someone's private area but didn't want her to attempt it on him. She was glad though, because she really wasn't planning on it. "I'll keep those strategies in mind," especially biting if the chance came. She didn't appear to flinch with his finger near her eye, she was sure that he wasn't going to hurt her.

She breathed in quick as he pulled her by the waist against him suddenly, she froze and listened. He would find that her collarbone would rise and lower ever so slightly. "Um..." in actuality she would have rather avoided getting hit, her strategy would have been more in line with getting herself free and then running.

While he was thinking about her breast, she was moving his hand gently back around her neck. Not because she was aware of his thoughts and such but because she wanted to try something. "I wanted to borrow your arm to try something though..."
When his arm was in position, she grabbed his arm and elbow. Quickly she stepped back to the right, and simultaneously pivoted herself out of the hold to twist his arm behind him. She wasn't forceful because she was testing it out in theory, just wanting to see if it would work.

She released him and stepped away to his right, "Then I could have choked my attacker, though I think it would have been better to find a way to stun him quick and then run."
She was considering it, quietly to herself. She could have kicked his leg from behind and forced him to bend and then struck where it would be hard for her attacker to block.

Then run...

After a moment her attention was back on Sean, "Perhaps another lesson should be on proper strikes."

He didn't see her bite her lip, but if he had it would have boosted his ego. It was for the better, as he would have started to try and show off.

He shook his head. Preoccupied? With what? His duty was to protect her. If she were to be recapturedbhe would have to find her again. No doubt it would be harder to bring her back than to prevent her from being taken from him. "Neigh, Sean'll be fine." He was aware of his mortality but preferred not to mention it. If he were to die protecting her, it would be the same as dying for Ireland would it not? He was told was essential to Maguire's plans.

He didn't resist when she moved his hand, though he wished he could keep it there. Had he been caught? At first he was worried, but when she repeated her earlier request he relaxed. A little curious even. What did she want to do?

He had her neck in his arms, and then she was next to him. She did the move gracefully, making it look effortless. There he was, his arm behind his back and yielding to her. His mouth open, he was puzzled. Did she really just do that? "Fast learner." He hadn't taught her that, but he did mention using their arms against them.

When his arm was released he turned to her. She could have choked her attacker back, this was true. Or pounded his head into the ground. When she mentioned stunning and running away, he was caught off guard. Running away? He had never fought to run away. Once he was close he fought to the death. He was hesitant to ask, but felt he had to. "Why run? They're gonna find you and kill you anyway." He was speaking from his own experience. The crown's pursuit to wipe out the rebels was relentless.

"Perhaps." He didn't know how to practice strikes with her. He didn't want to hit her. If she toyed with his temper he would be in the mood.. "It might be best for you to have some protection." He paused, not sure how to tell her. "I don't want to hurt you."

He still wanted to touch her. He didn't know what else to teach her, maybe he should call it a day. Should he touch her more? They would have to leave to eat soon. He smiled, getting an idea. He didn't have to punch her today, but he could be a real nuisance. He swung with an open hand. His fingers slapped against her arm, swatting her like a whip. It would hurt a little but was more just to aggravate her. He took a defensive stance.

"If you want to deliver any blows you have to get close enough first." He knew she wanted to know more about defensive moves and how to evade, but he thought this was a fun way for her to show him what she knew. "Hit me. Don't worry about me, use your fists." He didn't expect to get hurt. He had been hit by men much larger than her. He was ready to block and dodge her strikes, and to retaliate by swatting her arm and belly.

She laughed a little as he continued talking about himself in third person, but nodded. Would she listen though? Wait around for rescue? Well she hadn't even planned on waiting around for rescue when she was first kidnapped by Sean and the other rebels... but depending on the situation... if the person threatening her was using a blade. In that case her compliance would be a necessary. It was just better not to get into the situation in the first place.

It would have been flattering to hear how he'd thought she'd done her move effortlessly. While her movement was fluid, he hadn't been holding onto her very tightly. She'd simply been testing it out, and using his instruction as inspiration. Hearing him note her to be a fast learner she grinned, "I'd like to prove myself a good student..." she said simply

She looked at him as he'd turned to her when released. Her reasoning was that she hadn't practiced proper choking or striking. She had to know her limits or she could put herself in unnecessary danger. She noted he looked puzzled at the notion of her running away instead of fighting to the death. "I've never killed someone though..." she told him softly, "Even if you were going to kill me the day we met, do you think I would have been capable of doing so to you? - I had no weapon." She hadn't lived his life or experienced his need to fight to survive.

She wasn't thinking he was wanting to continue much longer, she wouldn't have minded to end the lesson here. When he considered her request for practicing strikes she looked curious. Her heart melted when he said he didn't want to hurt her, "I don't want to hurt you either..." she said softly, even if she didn't have an equal ability to do him harm.

"Ow!" she frowned at him as he'd slapped her suddenly on the arm, and watched him take his defensive stance. She had been imagining him having her practice on a dummy or something... she hadn't really had in mind to practice on him.

Her frown turned into a glare of concentration as she approached and tried to punch his arm. She was pretty sure it wasn't going to land, she would either miss or he would block it. With a sigh she asked, "are my fists right?"

"You're a great one." He was being truthful, she had been learning quickly. He could only teach her so much. He couldn't tell her how it felt to be in combat. He hoped she wouldn't have to know, but he didn't think there was much he could do about it.

He didn't know how many people he had killed. He didn't bother with keeping ears or tongues like a savage, so he just simply lost track. He didn't think she would want the details anyway. "Not surprised." He said it seriously. He smiled, the thought of her trying to kill him was amusing. It was impossible. "Even with a sword you'd have a hard time." She must have known he wasn't allowed to kill her. At the time he would have, but she didn't need to know that.

He shook his head when she said she didn't want to hurt him. It was sweet, but he wasn't worried. "You won't." Although, she may feel better if she practiced on a dummy instead of him. She didn't seem too happy with him when he swatted her arm. It was kind of the idea, to aggravate her. Did he go too far? Maybe he should have waited until the next day..

She was focused on hitting him now though. He saw her moving for his arm, so he brought his own up to deflect it with his forearm. He sighed and asked him about her form. He could tell she wasn't enjoying it.
"They could be better." He should just wait until tomorrow, or change his methods. He had already been impulsive with her, she probably wouldn't be too surprised if she changed his mind. He should show her he's still capable of dominating her. It was obvious, but he would do it gently.

Standing closer to her, he swept his foot behind her legs, with an arm ready to catch and hold her. He held her waist with his free hand and leaned in for a kiss. When he pulled away he smiled. "Are you going to get out of this one too?"

Hearing she was a great student made her beam happily. It also gave her hope that she would be able to hold her own in any future unexpected situations, at least better if she'd had no training at all.

She looked at him when he said he wasn't surprised that she'd never killed anyone before. The female royalty didn't really have opportunities to kill in the first place. She made a grimace as he pointed out she would likely have a hard time, especially if her target was him. "Yeah... considering I've never even carried a sword... it would be hard to kill anyone!"

She sighed as he assured her that she wouldn't hurt him, with her little fists. They were soft little hands after all, she didn't really have reason to strike anyone before.

When he told her her technique could be better, she chose to hold her tongue instead of voice her irritation. She especially didn't want to lash out at him when he was kind enough to train her. "Well what am I doing wrong-" she started to ask, but was cut off when he wept her leg. She fell back as he easily caught her.

Holding ever so still she pursed her lips, until she saw him lean down for a kiss. She closed her eyes as she accepted his kiss. Her eyes fluttered open as he asked how she would get out of it. With a smile she held up her hands. "I surrender..." she said softly and looked at his lips. Slowly she wrapped her arms around his neck and let him hold her. "Perhaps we should move on to something else..." with one hand she took the collar of his shirt in her hand and pulled him back for another kiss.

She kissed him softly then pulled away, "you know for a Irish brute, you have a surprisingly soft heart..." she said as she looked into his eyes.

He gazed off in the distance momentarily. "Yea." Killing someone without a sword was more difficult. Though not impossible. He would spare her the details of his experiences.

What was she doing wrong? Nothing that was her fault, he hadn't trained her at all yet. She wasn't allowed to finish and it didn't matter, he would tell her during their next lesson.

He smiled when she put up her hands. If he weren't holding her up, he would have held one of them. He had a free hand, but it was planted on her waist. He wanted to keep it there, scouting her figure with his fingers. Her arms around his neck confirmed that she wanted to stay. She had escaped his choke hold fairly well, she could have escaped this one just as quickly. Perhaps she wouldn't escape if it meant leaving Sean? No, it was a foolish idea. Why would she value him more than her freedom?

"We should." He was starting to feel hungry. He could teach her more tomorrow, and probably do a better job of it. They were starting to lose daylight anyhow. He was pleasantly surprised when she tugged on his collar to pull him in for a kiss. He didn't resist.

He looked to her when she pulled away. Her compliment had made him blush. "A brute?" He smiled. They should leave to eat, but he was enjoying this. He stood straight, bringing her with him. He kept his hands on her for a moment before quickly pecking her lips. "What would give you that idea?" As much as he wanted to touch her, he didn't want to make her regret her compliment. He wanted to continue where they had left off that morning, maybe before bed? He wouldn't mention him having a soft heart, but he would think about what I meant to her.

He started to walk to the bench where he put his mail and sword. "We should go eat. The rest of our stuff should be here by now. We still have to get your dresses in here. And some straw to sleep." He could pull the trunk in himself. Would she be able to bring their makeshift mattress? He thought so. Once he put on his gear, he didn't hesitate to reach for her hand and lead her out of the barn. He was eager to eat, even more to drink. What he wanted most was to get it over with so she could lay with him in his arms.

Sure enough his stuff had arrived, his trunk being placed near the small fire for a makeshift seat. Michael greeted the pair. He noticed Sean looked like he had been rolling in dirt. "I see you've been having your fun with her, Sean." He turned to look to Mary. "His horseplay hasn't caused you to lose your appetite, has it?" Michael was clueless to any possible sparring lessons. He assumed Sean was beating her in the barn. "Come, join us to feast will you?" He asked as if she had a choice and wouldn't be dragged there by Sean if she refused. "Kieran has been cooking some lovely geese, and a stray ewe." The last part wasn't true. They stole a sheep on the way to the new camp. Sean was enthusiastic to eat, but still looked to Mary to see what she wanted.

Back