The Royal Captive; Fire in Fermanagh

"I realized that now..." she'd said calmly, even apologetically "I've been kidnapped after I was on my way home. I thought if it was a planned..." She shook her head, "I understand now. I'm sorry." She admitted with a sigh, "What are the many reasons you have to hate me? That's what I was trying to figure out before. Or just that I'm royal."

When he'd said sorry about her husband, "Thank you, but he was a sick old man... I expected it to be a short marriage." She'd sighed, "and no... Royal princesses can't marry who they fall in love with. Father was dead my then, so my brother is my king. I can't refuse. So I attempted to make a deal at least."

She opened her eyes and looked at Sean, "Forget I said anything. Maybe it was my ego talking, hoping there was a more important reason to personally watch me. Instead it's a punishment as you say." Her eyes were still tired but she didn't close them again, "going against an order would have been a sure punishment in any case. I'm sorry you're not happy though." She meant that last part.

"Forgot I suggested such a thing, it was silly of me to assume rebel ranks would be similar to my brothers army." She dropped it assuming she'd had the wrong idea.

Hearing sleep quarters she sat up and tried to wake herself up, "If I'm going to be in your space I'm sorry to be intruding." She peeked out and spotted the barn. "I keep feeling I'm not trying hard enough. Like each moment I allow myself to be held captive... Would my brother king blame me and say I'm treasonous. I'm going to have to be careful what a say outside this carriage." She was thinking out loud at this point. Perhaps she should keep silent so she tried but that never seemed to last long anyway.

When the carriage stopped at the destination Mary stayed very still. Escaping might be a lot harder then she originally thought. Still she was duty bound to keep her eyes peeled and look for opportunities.

Why does he hate her? She says it as if he were without reason. It made him bitter, but she wouldn't know them all without having seen his homeland. "Why do you English monsters starve us so?" He had face her fully. "Or hang us for wanting to rule ourselves?" He had put the bottle of wine down now. That alone should have been sufficient, but he had to know something else from her. "Do you know what your fucking crown has done to my people?"

Aye! She is the princess. Her father was king.. now her brother is. He filled with rage. She was the closest he had ever been to the crown. The urge to strangle her was growing. Hit her with the win bottle, batter her-anything. He wanted to destroy her for what she represented. With clenched fists he restrained. He strained to say anything positive. "Well, at least you tried."

He quickly did forget her suggestion. "Your brother's army.. well.." Sean couldn't think of anything to say that wouldn't be horrible. He had to feign friendliness until they were alone in his quarters, where she couldn't escape.

He had wanted to touch her since they had gotten into the carriage. Partly just to feel a woman. He put his hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, ye won't incriminate yerself here." Sean smiled. "And hell with yer brother. He calls us traitors every day."

He opened the door to the carriage when it stopped and stepped down. He stood waiting for her to join him. "Come on."

If all of that was reason enough she sighed, "All I know is Irishmen kidnapped me." She said softly then was speechless as she processed what he said. She didn't reply to his positive note, he'd just pulled the wool out from under her eyes.

She'd realized she'd been shivering until he put his hand on her shoulder.

What he said was true to them being called traitors... But to incriminating herself? He didn't know her brother. He was always a short fuse with his paranoia. Because as she was becoming sympathetic to their cause that was treason too.

When he stepped out and waited for her, she grabbed her dress and stepped out. She held the dress close to her chest, as it was her only possession. She looked around the base, learning how guarded it was.

After a moment she suddenly asked,

"Will you take me on walks? I fear you'll take me inside and I'll never see the light again."

For the first time it looked like she was fighting back tears, perhaps it sounded silly or dramatic.

"You'll need to go on walks?" She asked, "which means you'll take me... Or will you lock me up and leave me behind?" If it was the latter then shed be less likely to escape and more likely to give up and give in to the hopelessness of it all.

She took a deep breath and gathered herself, trying to fight her weaknesses. "Never mind..." She said softly, as she followed him.

He didn't care if she was scared or lonelier than she's ever been... This could possibly turn out worse than her time in France! Worse she could very well die here. She was tired but now she wouldn't be able to sleep...

That's right... Sleep. She needed to rest... Then she could worry about tomorrow. That last thought calmed her down a little bit. learning it was hard to be logical when she was tired, emotional, and scared. Most of all vulnerable. Really if she had struggled any harder, tried to escape sooner... she would have had her hands bound at this point. She still had hope, she decided and held onto that comfort.

Last edited:
She seemed to understand what he meant. She could bring the rest of her dresses, but he didn't question it. He thought they were in good standing until she spoke again.

Sean laughed. "Aye, you'll still see daylight. Roof's got a few holes." She was asking if he would take her on walks? Was she a dog? Speaking of which, he hasn't seen the one that's been traveling with them.

"Aye I'll take you on walks. You think I want to stay inside with you the whole time?" He shook his head. "I'd rather set myself alight." The thought of locking her up and leaving her behind hadn't crossed his mind. He couldn't even if he wanted to, they needed to keep track of her and keep her alive.

He could see it must have bothered her, the thought of never seeing daylight again. He sighed. For the first time, he felt some pity. "Do you want to walk today?" His tone was sincere, he wasn't just asking to mock her. He even held his hand out for the dress she was carrying.

"We should eat first though." He continued to the old barn, making sure she was following him. "We got a pig yesterday. It made a lovely roast. I think Kieran is tending to some chickens now.."

What do princesses even eat? Probably nothing but cake and... that French drink. At least they had food. It was more than his family had back home. The rebels had stolen and pillaged it, but it was theirs none the less.

Mary felt comfort being assured she wouldn't be locked away, if the abandoned building even had locks she didn't even know. Slowly she started to ease up as he made a joke about holes in the roof... or she thought it was a joke... She couldn't fully tell. She didn't actually figure out that he's saved the rest of her dresses for her, remembering she'd basically offered them to the boys sell them for scraps or whatever they thought was fit. Plus some of them were heavier so they would slow her down when she decided make a run for it... she only needed one.

She smiled as he confirmed that he didn't want to be cooped up inside the building with her either, "Then I'm satisfied with your promise." she told him, considering how his leader compared her to cattle earlier, was it so odd that she would need the daylight? Cows could only be happy if they were allowed to graze in the sunlight after all.

When he asked her if she wanted to walk today, her eyes shifted from weary to cheery as she grinned, "Yeah..." she said softly. Though when he held his hand and looked at her dress, she wondered if he wanted to take her dress as hostage so she'd behave. She handed him the dress without questioning it too much.

She was indeed following, and when he mentioned food her stomach growled and she pursed her lips, "I admit... I was hoping you wouldn't cruelly starve me." She prayed he wouldn't take offense to that, she really didn't know how cruel these men would be because of their hate for her brother and King. "The roast sounds lovely." she gently added in case he had been offended.

Last edited:
She better be satisfied with it. Picky bastard. There was still contempt in his heart. He could barely hear her answer, but her smile confirmed it was a yes. Where to walk? Sean hadn't a clue. There was a stream nearby. His mother and sister always loved walking to places like that. Perhaps she would too.

"Neigh, we don't starve our for. We're not Englishmen." He had to mention it again to her, as he hated how they treated the Irish back home. Truth be told he had eaten more since he came to England. He had grown none of the crops, nor raised any meat. They had no qualms to this, as the English had stolen their crops back home just to send to England. They thought they were justified. A meal stolen is one less to fuel the king's army.

"Aye. T'was." He trailed off as they were walking towards a fire, embers stacked at it's base. "Krag probably snagged most of it." He hadn't seen nor heard the hound since they returned. It wasn't his dog, but Sean would still be saddened if he had met his end.

Kieran already had roasted two chickens. "Kieran, we still have beer?" Snatching one, he ripped a quarter off, presenting it to Mary. It occurred to Sean this may be the first time she's eaten without cutlery. He hoped she would be fine eating without it. She had no choice.

Mary bit her tongue when he made his gibe about Englishmen, she was glad he didn't yell at her this time as he'd already enlightened her some on the subject she knew nothing about.

She followed Sean to the fire and peeked at the Kieran fellow as Sean was asking for beer. Not wanting to be rude she murmured to him, "Good day..." Her gaze shifted to the leg quarter presented to her and she quickly took it, "Thank you, Sean" After she'd gotten sea sick the night before, she'd skipped dinner and breakfast for that matter. Naturally by now she was famished. When she bit into the leg quarter her eyes closed and she savored the taste. From the looks of it she was quite content as it was.

She swallowed the meat and looked at Sean and Kieran, after she licked her lips she appeared a tad bashful. Just a slight blush forming around her cheeks, "Do we have water?" she asked, then she looked right at Sean, cleared her throat and quickly looked away. Changing the subject, "Kieran is always in charge of the cooking? It's very good." she offered complements hoping he would at least be a little charmed.

Kieran looked to her when spoke. "Aye." He didn't have much to say to her. He didn't trust her any more than Sean, and she wasn't his responsibility.

She surprised Sean with how quickly she took the meat. There was a pause from him after she thanked him. "You're welcome.. Mary." Kieran heard it, confirming everyone's suspicion that this was in fact the English princess. Sean watched her eat it while he was biting into his own meal. He wasn't trying to be rude, merely curious. He was shocked at how she was devouring it. Maybe princesses didn't eat anything at all.

Sean had already opened a jug of beer to wash the chicken down. He noticed her slight blush, and he found it endearing. He was slowly warming up to her, almost forgetting that her family is the reason his dad was killed. "Water?" Sean looked around. "We should have some." Kieran was trying to ignore her, but he smiled when she complimented his cooking. "Yea, he is.." He was preoccupied with looking for some water. Opening jugs to sniff them, he finally found one that didn't smell of beer. "We'll have to get more." The rebels drank water sure enough, but it wasn't their preference. He did think it was strange though. Who would deny free beer? "We can fetch more on our walk."

He put the open jug of water at her feet, so he could keep both of his hands free. Tearing off a breast from the rest of his chicken, he handed meat to her again. "Eat all you want." Would she continue to eat? He was intrigued now. "We have all night." They had a lot more than just that night, probably every night for the next few months. The thought still depressed Sean. What was he going to do?
"Where'd Krag run off to?"
"Probably eating shit."

"Loads of help you are Kieran."
He wanted that dog if they went for a walk, but they could go without him.

Understanding a little bit more why they didn't like the English Folk or anyone related to the crown she didn't take it to heart when Kieran didn't say a lot back. "Thanks for the food." she added as she was still trying to be respectful to everyone, plus it would only make them angry if they thought she didn't appreciate being treated decently.

She watched Sean curiously as he shuffled around looking for some water as she requested, checking each jug. She continued to take big bites, perfectly enjoying not having to act like a lady as she was used to doing. She was trying to make best of the little things. She nodded when he mentioned getting more, she could do with washing her hands after this too. Noting that he's set a jug of water down by her feet, Mary knelt down to picked it up to drink. She sighed happily feeling refreshed, running for her life this morning would make someone thirsty... she bit her tongue thinking it better not to bring that up though. After setting the water-jug down she finished off her leg quarter just as Sean was offering her more.

She gingerly grabbed the meat this time, "I can?" she was hesitant as she looked around because maybe the men in camp would accuse her of eating all their food. She could eat more, but should she? When she took a bite and watched his reaction, then diverted her eyes when he said something about all night. "You trying to fatten me up Sean?" her voice was light hearted as she grinned a little, was he trying to fatten her up so she wouldn't be able to run away as fast as she could? She was already a slight thing.

Her ears perked up when she heard Sean ask where a Krag was? "Who's Krag?" She'd heard Sean refer to that name before. From what Kieran said, it sounded like they could be describing a animal.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, Sean enjoyed how she was behaving. It was more welcoming to him than if she were acting like proper nobility. It further distanced her from the acts of her family. Did she not think they had enough food to go around? If they were truly struggling to find food, she would be the last one fed. "Of course!" He moved it closer to her. "We've plenty more." Even if she didn't eat it all, they weren't above throwing the food into the woods. Anything to drain England's resources.

Fatten her up? "Like yer king?" He blurted out before having more beer. He looked over her figure, and primitive desire crept into his mind again. I could bring her to the forest and... no! He mustn't. Even if he hated her-at least he thought he hated her-that was a line that couldn't be crossed. He smiled at her question. If she were to run, Sean might catch her, but not if she had a head start. But a dog? Krag would catch her each time. He looked to her, hiding his smile so she would take him seriously. "He's a big dumb mutt." Sean whistled, trying to get the dog to come to him, wherever it may be laying. "But damn, does he give good chase."

"Come."
He had been saying it a lot to her, and he had no intention of changing it. He grabbed an empty jug and pointed at the one at Mary's feet. "Bring yours." Grabbing her wrist with his greasy hands, he started to walk away. He didn't care about getting her wrists dirty, and why would he? Everyone else was covered in filth. They were going for a walk like she wanted. "Hope you're not too stuffed." If she wasn't done eating, his promise of having all night still stood. They could eat anytime. He was walking slower than when he had led her to his horse. After a while, he let go of her wrist, trusting that she would follow him. The sound of trickling water was more audible as the field gave way to brush, and then to proper trees.

A small pool formed being fed by the stream, with a dainty waterfall on the other side. Around the banks, the undergrowth was sparse. Perfect to sit down and enjoy the serenity. -

She took in a breath as he made a gibe at brother, she had no clever retort for it so she just nodded, "You speak true, he likes to eat..." Especially true for kings when hunting was their favorite sport.

This time her laugh was uneasy, because she'd seen the way he looked at her figure. Her cheeks darkened once again, as she averted her eyes. Oh she had the feeling he liked what he saw, just then. Only just this morning his eyes were hateful, now for a moment they almost hungry. Had she just been imagining it? Be still, my heart! She quickly calmed herself and the strange feeling of... what was she feeling? Also, why was she taken aback by this? Men had admired her before. Charles, Her late husband, she cringed thinking about it... and her step-son too. She shook her head as she tried not to think about that anymore. It was my imagination... she decided, she had to have been.

Eventually she just looked at him and shrugged, "No... I just meant... It's just that I've never been encouraged to eat as much as I want..." she said simply, "It's not looked well upon for girls to... Gluttony is a sin..." She trailed off and continued to quietly eat.

When Sean told her what Krag was, she froze, so it was an animal? She was actually very much afraid of dogs. It showed too as her brows furrowed with apprehension, especially when Sean said 'chase' she stiffened. That was a little more incentive not to run away tonight...
The moment he told her to come along with him she hesitated. Was he going to take her to find the Krag? When she saw him pick up a jug and gestured for her to bring hers, she relaxed. Quickly she took one last bite of meat, and picked up the jug.

She didn't object to him grabbing her wrist this time, she'd probably have to get used to it, being dragged along at his will.
"Oh I am." She said simply about being stuffed, "Thanks." She appreciated when he walked slower.

Her expression brightened even more as the stream came into view, it wasn't often she got to see a lot of her country's land. Holding her jug she made a b-line for the fresh water and began to fill it. Then she set it to the side and put her hands in the water, closing her eyes and enjoying the feel of it. "I've been called a nymph from heaven, but I feel much more drawn to water." she said, though not particularly to Sean... just something she was thinking.

Slowly she sat down on the bank and continued to rinse her hands of the grease from the meal. After a moment she blinked and peeked at Sean, "Thanks again. This is exquisite." Then added, "Lovely, beautiful, wonderful." in case he wanted a translation. Would he disagree? With how much he hated the English, he couldn't possibly hate the land itself right?

Something else crossed her mind as she made a solemn face, "Do you know what your leader plans to do with me?"

(Better question: If Sean and Michael don't have a clue, then would Hugh himself be joining the party? If so, when would that be? Or is he communicating only with Michael as his second in command? By Letters if not verbal command?
Extra note: Mary doesn't know that the highest pecking order doesn't end with Michael, It's better for the rebels to keep her in the dark of course. I'm just curious.)

Last edited:
He had never heard girls in his village being discouraged from eating their fill. Although, they rarely enough food to gorge themselves. His brother was probably hungry. Gluttony a sin? When did the Saxons care about sins? He bit his tongue, not wanting to mention the atrocities and rile Kieran as well. Sean probably had the worst temper of them all, but he was ordered to protect her. Even a great warrior couldn't hold off five men if they were intent on destroying her.

He noticed her freeze when he described Krag. Did she fear the dog even more than she feared Sean? Good. He could use him to threaten her, perhaps to obedience? At least so he wouldn't have to fear her breaking free and bolting. Krag would be well suited to the task, his size was imposing and his bark would bring terror.

As she walked with him freely, thoughts of her escape were starting to vanish. "Yer welcome." Things were going better than expected. He had beer, and was walking on a full stomach with a dame by his side. He began to smile, before his ever present hatred returned. Neigh, he was walking with an enemy... but one he felt drawn to.

Sean filled his jug next to hers. He watched her as she finished and washed her hands. He submerged his own, watching the grime free themselves off his calloused hands. "Aye." He wouldn't verify or deny it. He had no comment about the nymph. He didn't care which of her suitors had told her that in an attempt to woo her.

Exquisite? He looked to her confused. He was clearly trying to think of what she could have meant by it. Thankful for her translation he piped up. "Yes'tis." He was slightly embarrassed about his lack of vocabulary. He kept looking at her as she sat. This was making him homesick, but he would never tell her.

"Well," he started to speak but quickly paused. He was trying to remember if Michael had ever given him a reason. "I don't know to tell you the truth." He was unabashed by this lack of knowledge. He had no interest in knowing as he thought he would just capture her and be done with it. He would try his best to explain what little he knew. "If you are Mary Tutor of England, then we.. I am to keep you safe." He was sure to mention that he was reason she hasn't been harmed, and to remind her of his perceived punishment. This wasn't the entire truth. He had only been ordered to keep her alive. He felt it was also his duty to do more. "I think he said something about an alliance. I don't remember." Sean was clearly disinterested in the subject.

Mary listened to what Sean knew, and though it wasn't much, mentioning that he would keep her safe. Her eyes lowered then she paused, "Sounds like there was doubt in your mind, that I was the English Princess." she smiled a little, "The way you say if".

She laughed softly and nodded, "I am." Just confirming it in case he still doubted it. While she listened to him, slowly lifted her dress ever so slightly wanting to take off her shoes and dip her feet in the water. As she did so, there was a faded scar on her left ankle, something resembling an animal bite, by the looks of it. He would be able to see it as she massaged her own feet, in an attempt to give them some relief with how sore they were from her shoes. Perhaps I should try walking barefoot?

She quietly listened to the rest of it, the sound of alliance made her shake her head with a frown. "That could mean a few things." she remarked then picked up a pebble with an interesting color to it and admired it. "Make or Prevent?" She murmured without amusement.

Because Sean wanted to play a part in bringing down the king, he should be interested in the subject. "My brother can't simply marry me off again if he doesn't have me in his possession, so preventing it should help your cause." Her brows furrowed as she thought about it, "Although, murdering me would have prevented it just the same, It would have been like throwing pebbles at a great stone castle. The castle will still stand in the end with or without me."

Her eyes widened as a she considered the other option, "But if to make"

Good lord she wanted to pull her hair out for how frustrating this was... to be used by her brother or anyone else for that matter. "No matter..." she decided with a sigh, "I think I might use these few days to do things I wasn't allowed to do before." Would it offer some relief to at least feel what freedom could feel like? Then she looked at Sean, "Within reason, and with you and your leader's permission of course." she paused and mentioned the first thing that came to mine.

"Do you think you would be allowed to teach me how to fight?" she asked then gave him a small smirk, "You hate me so... you would have excuse to be rough as you need." She watched his reaction and continued with a grin, "I used to sneak away from lessons to watch my brother learn to fight." She said that last bit as a whisper, and a funny confession.

Was she accepting her fate but bargaining a little? It appeared so.

"If I'm not expected to act like a lady," she shrugged, "I might enjoy this captivity at least. Maybe you wouldn't be bored with having to keep me safe? She saw it as a win-win. Would he? She watched him and waited for his answer.

Last edited:
She was absolutely right, he didn't know for sure who she was. He had hoped that she was and he hadn't let the actual princess escape into the forest. He blushed slightly, his rosy cheeks accenting his red beard. He smiled when she confirmed his suspicions. "Sean Kelly." He felt it necessary to introduce himself to her. "...of Ballinamallard.." he mumbled his home town, knowing she would have never heard of it and probably didn't care.

Seeing her scarred ankle peaked his interest. He shifted so he was closer to her. He looked at the scar concerned. What got hold of her? He put his finger to her scar, and it felt unnatural. Not her scar tissue, it was like any other scar. But feeling such smooth skin on his finger tip? That was unusual for Sean.

Just before he could ask her what happened, she was asking him for clarification. "I don't know." She gave him insight into why she may have been captured. For some reason, he was more interested when she was telling him.

Only slightly. The only thing he got out of that, was her analogy of pebbles and stones. "Neigh. It's not useless. We will cast pebbles for a thousand years." He knew would either be killed fighting for Ireland, or he would spend the rest of his adult life doing it.

When she spoke of doing things she wasn't allowed to do before, his mood improved. "Kill an Englishman? Michael will certainly let you do that." Was there something else had in mind? He didn't know the rules of nobility or what her desires were.

Fighting? Sean laughed. "You want to fight me?" He stopped touching her ankle, moving his hands to pull his mail off. Standing up, he placed it on the ground near a bush, his sword and sheath soon accompanied it. She was right. He hated how she always was, but she was. He could beat her and it be excused as a lesson. Maybe this wasn't a punishment. There was no way he could use his full strength, it would almost certainly break bones. But if he held back and pulled some punches..

"I'm sure he had plenty of practice on bound Irishmen." He said it nastily. It was only a rumor Sean had heard, but he believed it was true. He had learned to spar and wrestle after years of doing it with his brothers. If any of them tried it on their sisters, they would be testing the wrath of their father.

He didn't know how much she would enjoy it. Sean would surely have fun. If rough housing tore her dress, he could see more of what he'd been longing for. "Come on. Up." He put his hands under her shoulders, sliding his arms under hers. He quickly lifted her to her feet, not caring if she was ready. "Show me what you watched him do." He wondered if she remembered anything from her brother's lessons.

Hearing his full name surprised her, and then smile. "Aye I should know the name of who is personally keeping me safe. Good to finally know who I'm to be spending my company with." She cleared her throat, "I apologise I won't be able pronounce that last part." She added, "unless you said it slower maybe."

She knew he had family, he must miss home.

Did she miss hers? Would she ever see 'home' again. Likely not, but time would tell.

She noticed him shift closer, and she didn't object as she was sure he wasn't going to hurt her unless given orders from his superior. Yet when he touched her scar she froze and peeked at him. The blush again came to the surface of her cheeks. He made her nervous sometimes that was for sure, and what he was doing felt very intimate.

When he told her his people would cast pebbles for a thousand years, she hoped not. They needed to hit the castle with something stronger... Wouldn't he think so? It probably wasn't that simple though.

When asking her if one of those things she might try would be to kill an Englishman didn't respond. She didn't know if she would have the will to kill anyone.

Hearing Sean's response to him teaching her how to fight she laughed too. "Well I want you to teach me" she said simply as she watched him get up and take off his chainmail and drop it near a bush with his weapon. Good Lord he's too eager she thought nervously, Though she expected he would be, she also thought maybe he would be suspicious for why she wanted to learn.

He made yet another gibe at her brother. That one hurt her, only because it sounded too cruel. He thought someone in her family would do such a thing. She cast her eyes to the grass feeling... shame if it were true. "I assure you I never witnessed such a thing. I'd be deeply upsetting to witness, I wouldn't wish that on anyone."

Now maybe she should regret even bringing it up... Giving him the opportunity to take his anger on the King's sister. Tentatively she peeked up at him again. Clearly she hadn't been prepared for him to invite her to do this so suddenly. Before she could retract her request, he was standing over her and lifting her off the ground to stand and face him.

She moved back to get some distance, "I was a small girl then! I can't remember... When I was caught they just locked the doors more often..."

She remembered a fighting stance, "I didn't get to see much..." She made fists as she bent her knees a little... She felt very awkward now but she did ask for this. She didn't actually feel anger for him though... Even if he kidnapped her. "This is okay?" she was hesitant about attacking him but if he gestured for her to try, she would put her effort into it. Though it was likely he would barely feel a thing.

In the future he would tell her his homeland, so she could pronounce it. It really got under his skin that they were more than willing to rule over him, but couldn't be bothered to learn anything about the land. It was one thing to not know who lived there but to not even know the towns?

"Aye, neither would I." Sean wasn't convinced. He still believed they tortured people in that castle. They made him watch his father swing, why would they be opposed to any other cruelties?

She couldn't remember? "Well you may want to try." He could remember plenty from his childhood. Clearly she didn't, as she took a poor stance. He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Do you think that will help?"

He paced away from her, not sure of what to do. He thought the best way to teach her was to show her what not to do. "You know where a weak stance like that will put you?" It wasn't a question he expected an answer for.

Without warning he charged her. He tackled her, his chest easily pushing her to the ground. He was wary her landing on her arms and breaking them. He planned on getting her down and getting on his knees to feign a punch. He would show her the importance of her stance.

However, as he pushed himself off the ground, something stopped him. He was holding his chest and shoulders off of her, but the rest of his body was against her. Despite being foreign, it felt great. He gazed down at her. How could such a dame be a devil? He stayed there for moment, enjoying the experience before rolling off her.

"You get knocked on your ass." He tried to play it off, as if nothing had happened. He stood up and lifted her up the same was as before. Hoping that she wouldn't notice him blushing over the ordeal.

When hearing his question of whether she thought her stance would help she groaned, "Maybe? That's why I'm asking! ...If it's okay." She trailed off feeling embarrassed when he started pacing. "how can you expect a girl to know how to do something she's only seen once or twice? With no practice at all!" Especially when she'd told him she'd been locked inside until she stopped trying.

His second question caused her to squirm uncomfortably. Of course she wanted to learn the proper stance. "Show me-" she was cut off when he charged, she couldn't help but let out a startled gasp. Before she knew what happened, she was tackled to the ground.

She'd meant to ask him to show her the proper stance, but it came out as her telling him to show her physically.

Once she processed what had happened, she opened her eyes just as he was lifting off her and stopped. Her eyes gazed into his as he lingered and hovered over her. She felt his lower body on top of her and her face heated up. She was yet again speechless.

when he rolled off her and made his final point she shivered. She knew the implications of someone getting her on her back and rendering her defenseless. "You speak true..." She murmured as he lifted her off the ground as if she didn't weigh anything at all. "While that's a helpful lesson," she didn't quite notice his blush because she was looking at her feet trying to figure out how she should have been, "perhaps an approach where you show me what a proper stance should look like or feel?" She suggested softly. Then she gave him a pleading look, as she tried the stance again "show me? I understand this has been a second nature to you but keep in mind that it's not for me "

She sighed wondering if him teaching her would be hopeless, but no one else would and she couldn't just let people kidnap her again if she survived this.

Sean felt a little pity. He had tons of first hand experience, while she only watched it a few times. He hadn't considered that he could have taught her a better way first. "Yea.." he looked to her, trying to place her feet. "Yea!" He approached her again, standing in front of her.

Was he trying to herd cats at this point? He could show her but make her feel? "This? This is shite. Look." He gave her a shove on her shoulder pushing her over. He caught her with an arm behind her back before she could fall again. He held her for just a moment before bringing her back upright. "You need to be stable."

He was content with being touchy with her. Moving his hands to her shoulders, he nudged her feet with his to move them. "Stand wider, you'll be harder to knock down." He pushed down into her shoulders, hoping she'd feel it through her legs.

Part of him wanted to lay on top of her again. God this was a bad idea. What had gotten into him? He got close to a princess and now he was giddy for more. It was a bad idea to "spar" with her.

Smiling, he walked away. He was curious an about her strength. "Now, try to knock me down. Do your worst." He didn't think she would hurt him, but he took the same stance she did. If she was more than he expected he could throw her into the small pond.

She looked up at him as he approached and stood in front of her again. Calling her stance 'shite' she looked confused but frowned as she was sure it didn't mean 'good'.

When he shoved her shoulder she nearly fell, yet this time he'd caught her with just his arm and lingered again. With a huff she refused to avert her eyes this time. She looked into his eyes as he stabilized her and told her she needed to be so. "Aye... I'm trying..." She assured him calmly. She was taking this seriously.

Feeling his hands on her shoulders suddenly she held very still, and felt is large feet work to adjust her own into a wider stance. When he pushed her shoulders down she bent her knees slightly trying to concentrate on how the correct form should feel.

She didn't know he was already questioning if this was a good idea, but now she was grinning at him. This was so much better. Although she said he could be rough with her, she needed to learn the essential lessons first.

She looked at her feet again when he walked away. Her head jerked up when he told her to knock him down too. "What?" she took in a breath then made a determined face, "er... right!"

This time she charges and attempted to shove him with her palms but ended up bouncing off him. "Oof" the small noise came out of her lips as she fell back on her bum. She grimaced as she stood back up but then gave him a silly grin. She could try that again, but if it didn't work once something needed to be fixed. "I might need a few more lessons after today," She told him. Hoping he would be patient with her slow progress.

Last edited:
He knew she was trying, but he didn't know how much progress they would make with this session. "Aye, I know.." Her efforts weren't fruitless, he could see some improvement. He could see her moving her knees, so maybe she was learning? She was smiling, so she enjoyed it more than being knocked over. Sean sure liked being pressed against her more, but it may happen again later.

He was waiting for her to attack him, and was left amused when she did. She was clueless.
"Why'd you... why'd you think that would work?" He asked her, raising his voice slightly. He was more disappointed that he had just shown her how, and she attempted to push him over like he were a hundred pounds lighter. He approached her to help her get on her feet again, but she already helped herself up. "Aye, ye sure will." He shook his head.

"Now," he stood in front of her. "You see this?" He twisted and leaned into his shoulder. He didn't know if she did, so he grabbed her and twirled her around. Even if he wasn't pummeling her, he was having fun moving her about, even laughing a little when she now faced away from him. "Lean into it. Use your weight." He was holding her left arm, bringing her elbow up and tucking her head into her arm. "What little you have." Sean grabbed her other arm, tucking into her chest. Was it necessary to move her around? No, she could probably mimic him just as well, but he was having fun.

He was going to reach for her hips, but he paused. That was too much for him. He could verbally tell her. "Squat down, a little. Like when I pushed your shoulders." He started to walk away again, hoping she would do better this time. "Try it again." He turned to face her with a big grin. "You can even jump if you'd like." That wouldn't help her very much, but he was curious if she would actually do it. He didn't take any defensive stance, he just stood there. If she actually knocked him down it would encourage her.

Back