Ame Damnee The Sanctuary

Aman

Dragon Priestess
Benefactor
Located in the outskirts of the Residential District of Abaddon, the Sanctuary is a small humble building that didn't look exceptional at first glance. It does not even have a sign on it's front door. However, it is still a pretty well known place, especially for people who are sick or got hurt one way or another. The wooden door leads into a spacious room with plenty of beds lined with clean white linen sheets. The windows are large and open, allowing the sunlight to pass in and give the patients a view of the small garden at the backyard, filled with flowering shrubs and medicinal herbs--- a garden that is accessible through the back door. The Sanctuary gives off a peaceful, relaxing ambience, especially when the piano at the far corner is being played, filling the room with an enchanting melody. At the far wall is a counter and a couple of shelves lined with different types of dried herbs stored in jars, books, bandages and other instruments that are used for preparing the medicine.

The place is maintained by a young noble vampire, Xena Mythriel Al'vyon, and her servant. It welcomes anyone who needs medicine or healing, regardless of status or background, and that is why being admitted and treated doesn't really require any payment. While it has become an unwritten rule of the patients to pay with any amount they can or give any item of value, it wasn't required or necessary. The Sanctuary is open whenever the healer is available inside.
{ Credit to Revelree~ }

Galizur, as played by Meliodas

The Sanctuary
Garden
Theme

“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.”---J. R. R. Tolkien
He lay there almost motionless, lost in a dream, a reverie in which at times he wished he never awoke from. The sky seemed so dark and bleak, and it was when he was awake which seemed like the nightmare. Sprawled out on a bed of flowers which had yet to be dampened by the snow, the young boy didn’t seem to stir, even as a cool winters morning breeze nipped at his skin. This wasn’t the first time he’d found himself here, wrapped in the comforting embrace of solitude. It was a quiet place, safe and free from the boys worries which seemed to have a nasty habit of following him wherever he went. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, although a single tear stuck to his skin as he slept without so much as a shiver shaking him.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

The door to the Sanctuary opened, and the young vampire walked in, humming a small tune enthusiastically. Every morning she comes in from her home in the Residential District, and she makes it a point to arrive before seven to make some preparations for the day. Today is one of her most favorite days in the year--- the Festival of Ethos. It will be a quite a busy day for her, especially since the citizens get rowdy in these kinds of events, and so she is preparing for a night out trip as well, just to look around the city, explore and enjoy the scenery, and tend to anyone she finds that didn't or couldn't quite make it her clinic. It was routine to her every year. Although... this year, it will be a little different.

"Where am I going to put these?" Errol asked as he walked in, holding a box full of ornaments for the festival. She smiled. This was her first Ethos with him, so he looked a little clueless. Didn't he help with putting up these decorations before?

She motioned to the counter. "Just put those here, and we'll put it up the windows in a while." she said as she organized the jars of herbs. "Hmm... we have low supply on hyssop, can you harvest some for me? We should have some in the garden."

Errol simply nodded as he walked across the room towards the back door, which leads to the garden. When he opened the door, however, he made an abrupt pause. He had an expression on his face that looked mildly annoyed. Curious, Xena went to him to stare at what he's looking at. She didn't look surprised at all when she saw the young lad there on the garden, lying down on his back, sleeping. She walked towards him, leaning down close to him and gently running a finger on the single streak of tear falling down from his eyes. Every time she looked at him like this, she couldn't help but feel a small hint of sadness at the base of her gut. She knew the young boy goes here in search for solitude and silence, and she usually lets him be, but the winter wind was bitter and a little too harsh to lie down on the ground without so much as a coat or a blanket. She leaned a little closer, whispering his name. "Galizur. Galizur, wake up. It's cold out here, don't you want to come inside?"

Last edited:
After storming off from the Two Talisman tavern Wroth was on the hunt for Galizur the little crap stain had given him so much grief that it almost causes him to go against his contract and tear the brat in half the money he got was the only thing keeping him from mauling the Ugly puke. Wroth was determined to find him... Even if his vision was blurry and he tripped over several rocks on the way. He's stomped those damn rocks into dust! Lost in though he somehow found himself at least 30 feet away from the Sanctuary was an shanty looking place to Wroth to small for his taste even if he was in his "camaflog". After a few steps he caught a familiar sent. As he got closer he released who it was an his face warped into an insane grin with dark intent Wroth walked up to the Sanctuary his vision getting blurrier and blurrier trying to open the door but after 5 minutes of trying to grab the handle Wroth finally yelled "FUCK IT!!!!" and punched the door into oblivion. "GALIZUR I KNOW YOUR IN HERE SO COME OU-" He finally collapsed on the floor in a state of consciousness and unconsciousness.

The Sanctuary
Garden

A soft, almost inaudible groan rolled off his tongue as he shifted, reaching up weakly to rub the corners of his eyes. At first, he was confused as he moved to spoke. “Mom…?” It took several moments to register who was standing over him, and Galizur felt almost embarrassed as he instantly sat up, looking over himself. He was covered in a brief layer of snow, which he quickly brushed off of him as he stood, his cheeks flushed as he reached for the back of his head. Ruffling his hair, his fingers curled around one of his horns, which was a force of habit for him when he was at a loss for words. “Of course not. Why would I be so stupid…?” He mumbled to himself.

“I am sorry Xena… I must have lost track of time.” Truthfully, he wasn’t even cold, the weather doing very little if anything at all to faze him. There was quite a bit of fear instilled in Galizur when it came to spending any time at home with his mother, Aeriseth. He despised the woman and cared even less about making it known – even if she did give birth to him. The woman was a monster who did everything she could to make his life a living hell, so he actively sought an escape. This spot, in particular, was one he was fond of; a place he could think without all the noise of the city plaguing his every move.

Over the years as a young boy, he had come to trust the kindred heart of Xena, whose smile always had a way of putting him at ease. “Hopefully I didn’t cause too much trouble.” He’d spoken too soon for it was only seconds later that Wroth could be heard making his presence known.

Errol
The Sanctuary

"Not at all, Galizur." Xena replied to the boy with her usual gentle smile. "I'm quite glad to see you here from time to time. Would you like to come in for some tea? I've been trying out on making some medicinal tea lately, though I keep wondering if they taste good, I'll need some second opinion."

There was suddenly a loud yell of profanity by the door. Xena looked a little startled, but Errol remained silent with his emotionless facade. Those words he was used to, especially at the time when he was still working with his previous master, but since working for Xena those words bring annoyance to his being. Who dares impure the serenity of the Sanctuary with such distasteful words? Xena simply sighed, glancing up at him with a 'it can't be helped, we live in Abaddon' expression. "I'm sorry, Errol, can you go check what the ruckus is about, please?"

He nodded. He has been itching too, if he'll be honest. Leaving Xena by the sleeping young boy, he walked back inside, looking to see what has happened here. What he saw was a strange sight, the door was nowhere to be seen, and what was left were splinters of wood tat has rained down a boy's unconscious body. The boy did it, he was certain, although the boy's build does not seem to match such awful strength. He looked like he passed out from being piss drunk. This early in the morning? As he walked toward him, he thought about how much work it will take to find someone who can fix that door. Most likely, Xena will order him to go outside, which means he won't be beside her for a couple of hours, too. All because of this boy... Staring at the him coldly as he approached, he pulled out a pocketknife from his sleeve and flicked it open, until he heard Xena yell a bit from the garden.

"E, no killing or violence without permission." She said, reminding him of her orders, just right in time. It must have been either that she noticed his annoyance at the cursing, or her usual, natural luck.

Damn.

"Understood." he said in a calm, monotone voice, as if he wasn't just plotting something before he was interrupted. "There's an unconscious drunk boy by the doorway, shall I put him on the bed?" He said as he closed the pocketknife and hid it back where it should be.

"Please do."

"Well, he also broke down the door." he trailed off... his voice sounding more like a sulk at the right moment.

"We'll make him pay for it, then." she replied, sounding almost amused.

Sighing a bit to himself, Errol leaned down and dusted the wood of the boy, then carried him to one of the closest beds in the room. He gave the boy one annoyed look before getting the broom and cleaning up the mess of wood splinters by the doorway.

Last edited:
Wroth passed out his drool causing a small puddle to form, as he tiny body snored as loud as a drum beat. He then starts to dream. a wonderful dream, where he had the permission to kill that brat... but than the nightmare started the same one he'd had almost all his life, as he ripped the boys head off his shoulder the head and body disappeared into nothing the blood of the decapitation started to lung at him cutting a trail of orange symbols into his flesh that burned the heat was so bad that he literally melted through the ground and was falling towards an inferno of living flames that seemed to hate everything that lived and everything that was just existing. as he got closer the flames grew hotter and hotter, than he entered the flames that actually boiling his fiery blood and seared his flesh with those painful symbols.

The pain was too much as Wroth in the physical world turned and twisted in his sleep, raising one fist up and slamming it down on the bed snapping it in two and leaving a rather large hole in the ground his chest convulsing in and let out a loud inhuman roar that cracked all the windows in a 40 foot radius.

Last edited:

The Sanctuary

Even for a small boy, he felt protective to a degree, and put an arm out as if to shield Xena, paying no mind to the fact she was far older and potentially more powerful than he. Wroth was a nuisance, one he never asked for, but it was to be expected that it was another of his mother’s grand ideas. She had plenty, none of which Galizur considered to be any good. In the wake of Wroth’s senseless devastation, Galizur clutched his chest, kneeling as he felt his lungs tighten. With his fists clenched, and eyes drawn to the floor, their usual golden luster was lost, flickering with a crimson red hue that almost seemed to consume him. “Enough!” His frustration had got the best of him. All he wanted was some peace and quiet, and no matter what he did, his mother’s shadow in one form or another followed him.

His voice seemed to carry great depths, booming through the room. The shadows on the walls seemed to almost extend, and the shards of wood on the floor slowly started to piece themselves back together, the door materializing back onto its hinges. Turning his attention to Wroth, he flexed his hand, and Wroth slid aside before the gaping hole in the floor begun to fill back in – as if time itself was turning its clocks back. The same could be said for the windows, which like a puzzle, each piece found itself to another until the entire room was just as it had been before Wroth appeared.

It was an impressive display, one no one would have witnessed from the boy before, nor thought him capable. As he looked around the room, his eyes returned to normal, and his heart seemed to almost race as he took a few hesitant steps back. “I-I-I’m sorry. I should-should-should go.”

Wroth was somehow calmed down by the outburst in power the burning pain subsided as Wroth was calmly sleeping again.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

"Shhh." Xena said as she gave Galizur a small smile, putting her finger on her lips. Her amber eyes sparkled with a bit of gratefulness, of course she doesn't want her place to be wrecked, it was precious to her. To put it simply, she was impressed, she had never seen such kind of power on him before. But the display seemed to have left him distraught, uneasy, eager to get away. She stared back at the place, now as neat and clean as it was before, placing both hands on her hips. "Huh? That's strange. The place seems to be okay now. Did you know what happened here, E?"

Errol caught on quickly as he placed back the broom in the storage closet in the corner. "I haven't the slightest idea, Mas---" he hesitated, correcting himself. "... Xena."

Xena's smile widened, as she glanced over Galizur and gave him a wink. She then walked towards the bed, placing a hand on the boy's forehead. "Do you know this boy, Galizur?" she asked, sensing the discomfort in Galizur's expression. She closed her eyes and sang a short song.

Immediately, the atmosphere in the place seemed to become a little more lively. The colors seemed a little more stark, the flowers outside seemed to bloom a little more beautifully, and the wind seemed to catch on a fresh, spring scent, despite the fact that it was winter. The boy on the bed seemed to relax a little bit more, and when he did, Xena opened her eyes and smiled. "No more nightmares, at least for today. We can't afford another one of those outbursts." she chuckled softly.

Last edited:

The Sanctuary

Any feeble attempts for Xena to calm the mood in the air was fallible, and Galizur only continued to cautiously take a few steps back. It wasn’t fear of discovery that worried him, but an innate fear of himself, or what he was truly capable of when his mind was put to it. As a child of Aeriseth, most would have thought he had a lot of power lurking inside him, waiting to be unleashed on the world; but Galizur didn’t want that. He had no interest in finding out just what he could do, yet at times it was as if he almost had no choice, losing himself to his inner desires. It felt as if there was a voice in his head, guiding him into the unknown. Like he became a completely different person.

Errol’s words didn’t seem to get through as he darted out of the room, making his way onto the crowded streets of Abaddon. Sloth was what they called this district, in particular, an area which seemed to offer one distraction or another. With nowhere to go, Galizur just continued to run, losing himself with no particular direction in mind.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena watched with a sad look on her face as Galizur left the Sanctuary, running outside with such a terrified look on his face. She longed to ease him, calm his fears, but her efforts were proven ineffective. Why? What does Galizur fear, really? She doesn't understand, and that's probably why she couldn't find any ways to heal his soul. The boy has had a hard life, she knew. Sighing, she her eyes drifted to Errol, who was staring at the doorway, deep in thought. When he turned to look at her, their eyes met, and he murmured solemnly. "Fear of thyself."

Xena tilted her head. "Huh?"

He shook his head a little, sadly. "That Galizur... seems to have something deep bothering him... It's just a guess. The look of his eyes was familiar. I've seen it before."

"Where?" Xena asked curiously as she placed a blanket on Wroth absentmindedly, just to keep him comfortable.

"In the mirror."

Last edited:
Wroth woke up from all the noise. Eyes more sunk in than normal as he felt a Bitch of a headache coming on. "mhhmhh my head." With no awareness to what was going on he got off the bed and started to rise.... Trying to remember what the hell he was doing and started talking out loud. "I went to the Two Talisman... Got a few drinks ... Some shit-digging rocks tripped me and i had to stomp them into the ground... I caught a sent in that stupid fucking building...!" He suddenly remember what had happened! How could he be so stupid to forget it! "I LEFT ALL MY MONEY AT THAT DAMNED TAVERN!!!!!" His yell was loud enough to send several bird flying and even shake the house a little. With that little out burst he rushed out the door... or rather through the door not taking time to open it.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena stared at Errol and at what he just said, a ball of uneasiness creeping in her being. Yes, Errol had gone through some hard times as well. She hoped she can wipe it all away, but you cannot fix a broken soul completely, you'll have to glue in all the pieces. And sometimes, some pieces were beyond repair. She was startled out of her train of thought as the man suddenly yelled with such a loud voice. She saw Errol flinch, he was used to silence and really hated shouting. He scrambled to get up, talking about leaving money in some tavern somewhere. "W-Wait!" she could only say but he ran through the wooden door, breaking it down and forming a 'uselessly loud and destructive boy'-shaped hole in it. Xena didn't even manage to find out his name.

Errol murmured profanities under his breath. Xena couldn't help but make a disappointed laugh as she stared at the door. This time, they had no Galizur to patch it right up. "This day has made me realize something, E." she told Errol. The human looked at her with a questioning look.

"I better learn how to fix non-living things too. I've been so focused on fixing living things, that I really didn't think much about these things."

Errol made a small smile. "It can't be helped. I will go find a woodworker in the Residential District. We need someone to fix that door. Will you be okay here?"

Xena raised an eyebrow. "Errol, I've been maintaining this place by myself for twenty-five years before you came in my life. I'm sure I can manage a couple of hours."

He hesitated. "I guess you're right." And with that, he nodded goodbye, opening the door and without looking back, he was gone.

Last edited:
Wroth
outside the Sanctuary

Wroth had decided that today was definitely not one of his better days. more limping than walking trying not to agitate his wounds; Wounds he could not recall how he got. It was a miracle that he could even limp much less not seem to feel bothered by how hurt he really was. Blood ran down the side of his mouth as if from a small stream possibly from an internal injury, his arms were coved in what seemed to be third-degree burns revealing the muscle, tissue, and even a small white glint of a bone, the legs seemed to be on the only thing not horribly burned however they did not look much better. "What the hell happened? Was it another nightmare? Shit! this is getting worse. I don't want to ask Lilith for help... Not that she'd give a rats ass about my well-being. Number one always and forever right here in-" lost in thought he walked passed the sanctuary. Distracted by how familiar the plain building looked he tripped on a large rock and landed face first on the hard concrete an explosion of pain erupting from his chest. "FUCKING ROCK!!!" In spiteful wrath Wroth grabbed the offending stone using with all his strength he could muster at the moment, threw the rock downward creating a very small hole in the ground.

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Since Errol left, the Sanctuary has been silent and peaceful. After harvesting herbs from the garden, changing the bedsheets and and cleaning the counter, Xena then decided to start putting up decorations and ornaments on her windows for the festival spirit. She was about to be finished when she heard a loud curse, and then a loud cracking sound from outside the building. What the...? Concerned, Xena walked out of the Sanctuary, only to see the same boy that has passed out on their floor this morning, looking much worse with all the blood and burns on his body. Her eyes widened as she gasped, cautiously walking towards him. "Are... Are you alright?" she asked, her amber eyes filled with genuine worry. "Please come in, you're terribly wounded."

Worth
Outside the Sanctuary

Just as he was attempting to get up and go home he heard the soft gasp of a meek sounding female with the pitter patter of small delicate footsteps. Turning his head the best he could he spotted a attractive; at least that's what most would say. Vampire girl.... Confused at the female's advances he almost forgot the blinding pain in his chest and limbs. Almost. "I don't need your help!" He snapped at her, managing to finally get up and take one step. "See I don't need pit-" His legs finally gave out as he smashed back down on the ground luckily his face took the blow for his chest, laying on the ground he decided to use his arms to move. until they also gave out. With his body completely giving out, not being able to move Wroth sighed and for a rare moment forgot his pride. "you win. Heal me now." He muffled as his face was smashed into the ground.

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

"I don't need your help!" the boy said, and it was then that Xena gave him a look. "Well, you obviously do." she easily replied. Finally, after falling to the ground, the poor boy relented. Xena knelt down beside him, placing her hand on his skin, before closing her eyes and concentrating. White light emerged from her hand and seeped into Wroth's skin, soothing the pain as it slowly turned into a golden glow. The process of healing was slow for some reason, but all the major burns were slowly starting to get better. Xena opened her eyes and nodded approvingly of her work. She leaned to the boy a little. "Can you stand? I'll need to clean your injuries. The pain shouldn't be so bad now. Let me help." As she said this, she helped him stand up, placing his hand over her shoulder and bracing her hand on his hip to steady him. Xena may have a delicate petite frame, but she still has the natural strength of a vampire. Once inside, she let him lie down on the sheets, never minding the dark red marks he left on the once pure white sheets. She walked to the counter, getting an ointment for burns, clean warm water, and a towel. Afterwards, she walked to his side, placing the stuff on the bedside table.

"Stay still. This shouldn't take long." she said as she sat on the chair beside the bed and dipped the towel in the water, cleaning up the blood and dirt from Wroth's skin, very gently. She was used to this. It took her a while cleaning off his arms and legs, before looking up at him. "Take off your shirt, please. You seem to be feeling pain in your chest earlier. I need to check."

Last edited:
Wroth
Inside the Sanctuary

Wroth mumbled as he did what she asked and to his surprise, a bone was sticking just slightly out of the skin. And without thinking Wroth blurted out "Great. I should be dead by this week, thank you nightmares you make my miserable life so much better."

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena sighed. A sticking bone. Of course.

Pushing her sleeves back and putting antiseptic on her hands, she glanced at the boy uneasily. "This will not be that painful since I already kickstarted your healing from earlier, but it won't be a pretty sight. You can, uhm... close you eyes if you want to." And with that, she touched the bone, pushing it gently down at first and then harder, until it disappeared once again in the surface of the skin. But that wasn't how easily the ordeal ended. Glancing at Wroth again, the girl murmured a small chant, a spell she had learned that was exactly for these kinds of situations. She pushed her hand on his chest, further, until it just... went in. It didn't make a wound on his chest, but her hand is certainly inside there, tugging the bone back in its rightful place, repositioning organs a little to not get caught by the bone.

A normal person will probably faint, looking at someone with their whole hand messing with their insides, and that is why she was so uncomfortable with doing this to her patients. It was however, the only thing she could do with the situation at the moment. She made a couple of more adjustments here and there, before pulling her hand out, and when she did it was red with blood. She cleaned it with her water surveying Wroth's body. "All done, except for the ointment." she said, taking the basin of now dirty and bloody water as she stood up from her seat. "I'll just empty these outside. How do you feel?" she asked.

Last edited:
Back