Ame Damnee The Sanctuary

Maric Vakarian - The Sanctuary

Maric raised an eyebrow at the behavior of both Xena and Ryuna. They both seemed to want to remain blissfully ignorant of the giant threat that was mere hours away from reemerging. "We'd appreciate the help, Ryuna. Even though Legion caught us by surprise last time, he was strong enough to rip most of us apart. But nothing is keeping you here, if you wish to leave your family behind, that's your choice."

Maric drifted over to Xena, taking her hand in comfort as Andrew asked his questions. "Honestly, Andrew, I don't know. I cant remember much of the original fight against him, I think Legion might've taken me out of the fight early. But whatever it is, it's capable of destroying this entire city if we give him the chance."

Andrew
The sanctuary

Andrew could only watch in confusion as he noticed that Ryuna seemed to be hypnotised by something, so much so that she would possibly leave the Harbingers and himself to stop Legion. And not only did his aunty become bewitched by some invisible force but the prideful Xena herself seemed to be drawn to the same location, it seemed like there would be no rest for these ancients after the battle to end all battles.

Andrew turned to Maric, not really expecting to have his question answered, but delighted that Maric gave a response. However not so happy at the limited information that Maric had about Legion. "Ok," Andrew started to move towards the door searching through his bag. "I'm not sure if this'll help, but I have been working on some extra sticky goo." Holding out a tiny marble sized pink ball. "I call it the Gum-gum ball," He said with a hint of pride. "Because it's like.... Bubble gum...." He then turned red and covered his face with his palm. "To get back on point. If I can nail him in certain spots, he will be immobilized." Andrew might have not been the best socially but he could tell when someone was stressed or worried, and Xena, Aditi bless her soul, was one ball of stress. It was to be expected though, Maric was her lover and he was volunteering to become a possible sacrifice. Perhaps his dumb little invention could maybe ease some tension? He didn't know as much as he wanted to make sure that everyone was sound, he couldn't shake that nagging itch that he was just making things worse.

Ryuna - Sanctuary

The fox bristled as her blue eyes shifted to a momentary ruby red color before she fixed that cold gaze on Maric, "You accuse me of abandonment?" She asked softly, "You are but a child in my eyes, Maric. You always will be. You fail to see the threads that tangle and ensnare each of us. I asked to see how confident you might be in your own abilities due to the fact that there is much to be done and little time to waste," Her large white tails twisted and tangled slightly behind her as she moved over to Xena and gave her a knowing look from the corner of her eye. The pair seemed have sensed the same thing. A rare phenomenon to have happened the kitsune figured.

Slowly she moved away from the pair of lovers and towards the door, "Where is Wrath now?" She asked with a hand on the door knob. Ryuna needed to get away from Maric before she decided his worth wasn't great enough to deal with his irksome behavior.

Cazimir Heskel
The Sanctuary

It's been years since he's last stepped into the Sanctuary. Years since he last saw the maiden running it. Back then, he could remember the immense hatred he had to Taran for letting her do that damn sealing spell... for essentially breaking her, and never putting her back together. The last time he had seen her, she was an entirely different person, someone foreign, someone he could no longer be with. He wondered if she's still the same. At the very least, he wanted her to give him access to her personal library. He knew Taran put all her books and personal notes there. Tracking magic... he thought as he fiddled with the Imo's necklace in his hands. Is it possible?

Walking towards the humble building, Cazimir hesitated as he touched the doorknob, but only for a moment. And then, with a deep breath, he pushed the door open---

"I'm sorry." he immediately said when he realized there was a woman on the other side about to leave. It was then that he looked around. He seemed to have stepped in on a tense situation, which is odd. He remembered the atmosphere of the Sanctuary to always be light and sunny. And yet, these people's faces looked like they are about to step into a war. What he also noticed, though, is Xena. She's staring at him with a dazed expression on her face, as if she did not quite recognize him, which made his heart sank. For her safety, I need to leave quick---

He took a step forward. "Xena---"

Her eyes narrowed. "Cazimir...?"

His face split into a grin. Xena seemed to smile as well, but before he could say anything she ran towards him in what looked like an excited embrace. He realized how much of a dumb mistake that is when he felt the pain hit, as she stabbed him in the gut with a hidden scalpel, twisting it mercilessly. He gasped as he fell on his knees on the floor, coughing out blood. Still, she was not contented. She kicked him and continued doing so until he was lying on the ground looking up at her. Her eyes were hard and cold, but she was grinning knowingly. "It's been a while, Caz. I missed you." she said affectionately.

Despite the pain and the agony, he chuckled. "You... bitch..." he muttered, his consciousness slipping into darkness.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

As soon Cazimir passed out, Xena's expression mellowed, looking worried. Did I go to far? No, this was how they settled their dynamic. This was how it's meant to be. Placing her bloody scalpel on a nearby table, she muttered. "Maric, can you help me bring him up to a hospital bed? I need to fix him up before he wakes up." She then looked around, noting the looks on their faces. Ah, yes. That was quite a scene she made there. "He's an old friend." she muttered, looking a little uncomfortable. She knew how strange this could look. "It's a thing we do... personal reasons."

Maric didn't answer Ryuna when she gave him that cold red stare. There was no use trying to explain what was going through his mind when he made that statement. He merely looked away, ashamed of himself for having relied on guilt to try and persuade the kitsune to stay. She was smarter than that, and he was smart enough to realize it. He was merely desperate for as much help as he could find, because without it, the chances of him dying and leaving Xena alone in this world increase ten-fold.

He was processing Andrew's new information and Ryuna's query as to Wrath's whereabouts when a man that Maric had never seen before walked in. The exchange between him and Xena proved bizarre and the bloody heap that was left afterwards proved truly shocking for the Incubus. After Xena asked him for help, he merely stood there for a moment, completely silent, before he erupted into laughter.

"Gods, some things never change, eh? It's been quite some time since I've seen that gorgeous sadistic streak of yours, my love." He said as he lifted the bloody man onto a table. He had laughed so hard that he needed to wipe tears from his eyes before he turned to Andrew. "Before you ask, because I know you want too, it's better that you just go with the flow, Andrew. Having your questions answered normally leads to more questions. Will discuss this goo of yours once Xena's friend is feeling better. As for Wrath, we don't know who's taken Taran's place, so we have no clue where they would even be. I'm sorry, for that and so much more."

Last edited:
Andrew
The sanctuary

The akward air seemed to shatter like a glass window as soon as Aunty Ryuna spoke. The voice was soft and even sounded like a wind chime to Andrew's ears, yet there was also a coldness to her speech, chilling the air around him. A warning of sorts? The small iche in the back of his skull that usually meant danger was about to started told Andrew that she would do something if Maric tried to stop her from going, or anyone for that manner.

Before Aunty could leave the Sanctuary, the door opened from the other side. The other side revealed a tall stranger. He had a head that seemed to be pure silver at a distance but on closer inspection ended in a fiery red at the tips. His body seemed very fit and athletic almost like he was a dancer, the coco colored skin made him seem more exotic and even brought out his solid gold eyes that sparkled. In short or layman's terms, this stranger was one sexy man. The very sight of him made Andrew's face warm up quite a bit, his mind seemed to wonder as his eyes scanned this gentleman almost subconsciously.

Yet his libido was turned off as quick as it was turned on. Andrew's head seemed to explode with the fury of a hurricane. His faery senses were tingling. as he called them that. When Xena and this stranger locked eyes was when it exploded. An enemy? He had to warn her before it was too late! "Watch out he's dan-" Xena dashed at him with a medical scalpel, plunging it into Cazimir's gut. Twisting it without remorse or pity having the most fucked up expression of delight on her face. Andrew's face went pale as a ghost, he soon realized that he wasn't trying to save her from him.... But him from her. Almost instinctually Andrew's wings shot out and slowly fluttering his stiff body as far away from the psycho lady as was possible at the moment.

After that..... What ever it was, was finished Xena went back to her normal self..... He guesses.

"Wha.... How? Just?" He almost didn't hear Maric, "Hahaha! Question? Me? What Question? What even are these Questions you speak about?" His face was still pale and had a fake smile on it. It took everything just not to puke out his own guts. "I'm going to, look through my, stupid inventions! See what I have before prime time. ya know?" Laughing nervously his wings still flapping keeping him in the air, and slowly towards the table, in the other room.

Ryuna - Sanctuary

The fox was barely moved quick enough to avoid being hit by the door and glared at the man on the other side as a rather enraged Xena handed the man with a scalpel. She was thankful she didn't have to deal with the late Wrath who wasn't Taran. Feeling it was better to deal with the problem closest to her at the moment she turned and leaned against the door frame. She would have to find Wroth soon. She could help hold Legion but she had a feeling that with the making of a new deva balance could be returned to the enraged being. It could work or turn out a complete mess.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena didn't mind Andrew's shocked expression and just continued on her work, healing up Cazimir as fast as she could, so he would not lose any more blood. She stared at his face as she was doing so, noting how different he seemed, perhaps just a little bit more grown up. She knew she was centuries younger than him but she always couldn't help but want to look after the man. The last time they saw each other, her memories were nowhere and she was not able to recognize him. Having him here felt a blessing in and of itself.

And yet... what's this feeling of unease?

"Something's off." she muttered, as she removed a stray hair from his face, her eyes widening. It was almost too strange to consider. Cazimir? Becoming one of them? But it's true. She could feel a presence from him similar from Taran's. The next Sin of Wrath. "Cazimir is... Wrath.... it seems." she said, glancing over at Maric.

"Wroth and Bryn went looking for Rayen, the new Greed, by the way. In case you were looking for them too, Ryuna. They're most likely still in the city, but we're meeting at the fringe to fight Legion." He said to the fox. She needed to know all the details, as did Andrew.

Maric's eyes widened as Xena mentioned that Cazimir was Wrath. He could scarcely believe it, rushing over to the unconscious man, taking him in fully for the first time. The feeling of respect, and the jealousy towards him, a man he didn't know, was there. This creature, he'd inherited Taran's memories and become Wrath, and Maric hated him already. "Oh good, I can tell me and him are gonna get along great." He said sarcastically, immediately distancing himself from the new Wrath by leaning against the opposite wall, arms folded.

Back