Interest Check The Scarlet Five

That's it everyone! I've looked over all your characters. I don't believe there is anyone I missed. I will be unlocking the thread on Monday. Be sure to post some side stories now that all your characters are approved! The Meeting is just the first roleplay, that does NOT mean every character has to appear.

@Teeloffel
He cannot create anything more complicated than, say, a sword. They do not break easily, but if they are separated from Blindfold they will dissipate. It's like any material, if it is hard, it will break easier, if it is flexible, it will not.
I would liken his healing ability to Venom's healing factor. (Not, like, deadpool healing factor, but rather between Spider-man's and Wolverine's. Somewhere in there.

When not having an attack, his telekinesis is so weak as to be useless in a fight. While having an attack, it'll make him float and unleash waves of force as a self-defense mechanism.

HAUKEA

View attachment 8225
Haukea is shorter than average and has pale skin and white-blonde hair. Her eyes are a light grey, which does unnerve some people. She is very skinny and very beautiful, though if you tell her so, she will not even acknowledge it.

Name / Title / Alias:
Haukea Reeves
(She is known only as Haukea, nobody knows her last name and will not tell you her last name.

Biography:
She was born the youngest of six, all of them girls, in a rich family, and had to fight to be noticed. She went to a all-girls girly boarding school, but got tired of it- the prissy uniforms, everything. Even there, she had to fight to be noticed, and was thought to be like her older sisters. By the time she was fifteen, she was soon expelled from that school for her rebelliousness.
She ran away from home because she did not want to be shipped off to another boarding school and found a teacher who would teach her martial arts, and teach her to be proficient in many different types of weapons- Master Wrant. Master Wrant was like the mother she had always wanted to her, and taught her, insisting the only payment she would accept would be keeping her secret- Wrant lived all alone in the woods and did not want others to come rushing to her in her quiet, retirement-like life, disturbing everything. She did promise as such, and spent ten years training under her. Wrant encouraged her to go make a life of her own, so she moved to the city.

Affiliation:
She got sick of the Scarlet Five doing whatever they wanted, and had always resisted them. She found the newly-founded Opposition and asked to join. Not really wanting to lead the Opposition, she became one of its most trusted members, though not everyone in the Opposition trusts her as a person.

No Powers
  • She knows many many forms of martial arts​
  • She is proficient in using many weapons
    • Longswords​
    • Shortswords​
    • Bows​
    • Crossbows​
    • Knives/Daggers​
    • Spears​
    • Axes​
    • Maces​
    • Chains​
    • Whips

She has several black knives hidden in various places.
      Slice of Life: The 6 Best Throwing Knives | HiConsumption

She is abnormally strong, quick, and agile.​

-

Relations:
+Master Wrant
+Most Members of the Opposition

-Her family
-The Scarlet Five
-Anyone who supports the Scarlet Five or does nothing about the Scarlet Five

This is subject to change/elaboration, if that's okay.
Is there anything you want me to add/change? I've been interested in this for a while now, and I know this is on the due date for character sheets, but here she is.
I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink you set the cutoff for 6 tonight? Correct me if I'm wrong and I will get out of here :D
@Teeloffel

Last edited:
How many replies can you do per day? If we were to finish the meeting or at least have your character escape into a smaller roleplay (something like that) then we can keep up the roleplay while still including you.
probably one or two depending on how much work and if I have to go to work that day. I mean I go back soon and I don't want anyone to rush. I only really reply 2-3 times a day anyways so it wouldn't be that different but still.

How many replies can you do per day? If we were to finish the meeting or at least have your character escape into a smaller roleplay (something like that) then we can keep up the roleplay while still including you.
If you're letting me, join, that is, it depends on the day. Very rarely will I not be able to post one day, and I will say 2-3 times a day as well, though sometimes more than that. Sometimes I do not post just because there would be nothing for my character to do if I posted and it would mostly be made up of his/her thoughts on how it all laid out.

@Teeloffel
He cannot create anything more complicated than, say, a sword. They do not break easily, but if they are separated from Blindfold they will dissipate. It's like any material, if it is hard, it will break easier, if it is flexible, it will not.
I would liken his healing ability to Venom's healing factor. (Not, like, deadpool healing factor, but rather between Spider-man's and Wolverine's. Somewhere in there.

When not having an attack, his telekinesis is so weak as to be useless in a fight. While having an attack, it'll make him float and unleash waves of force as a self-defense mechanism.
This is fine.

HAUKEA

View attachment 8225
Haukea is shorter than average and has pale skin and white-blonde hair. Her eyes are a light grey, which does unnerve some people. She is very skinny and very beautiful, though if you tell her so, she will not even acknowledge it.

Name / Title / Alias:
Haukea Reeves
(She is known only as Haukea, nobody knows her last name and will not tell you her last name.

Biography:
She was born the youngest of six, all of them girls, in a rich family, and had to fight to be noticed. She went to a all-girls girly boarding school, but got tired of it- the prissy uniforms, everything. Even there, she had to fight to be noticed, and was thought to be like her older sisters. By the time she was fifteen, she was soon expelled from that school for her rebelliousness.
She ran away from home because she did not want to be shipped off to another boarding school and found a teacher who would teach her martial arts, and teach her to be proficient in many different types of weapons- Master Wrant. Master Wrant was like the mother she had always wanted to her, and taught her, insisting the only payment she would accept would be keeping her secret- Wrant lived all alone in the woods and did not want others to come rushing to her in her quiet, retirement-like life, disturbing everything. She did promise as such, and spent ten years training under her. Wrant encouraged her to go make a life of her own, so she moved to the city.

Affiliation:
She got sick of the Scarlet Five doing whatever they wanted, and had always resisted them. She found the newly-founded Opposition and asked to join. Not really wanting to lead the Opposition, she became one of its most trusted members, though not everyone in the Opposition trusts her as a person.

No Powers
    • Longswords​
    • Shortswords​
    • Bows​
    • Crossbows​
    • Knives/Daggers​
    • Spears​
    • Axes​
    • Maces​
    • Chains​
    • Whips

-

Relations:
+Master Wrant

-Her family
-The Scarlet Five

Is there anything you want me to add/change? I've been interested in this for a while now, and I know this is on the due date for character sheets, but here she is.
I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink you set the cutoff for 6 tonight? Correct me if I'm wrong and I will get out of here :D
@Teeloffel
I will read this but just know you're counted in!

probably one or two depending on how much work and if I have to go to work that day. I mean I go back soon and I don't want anyone to rush. I only really reply 2-3 times a day anyways so it wouldn't be that different but still.

If you're letting me, join, that is, it depends on the day. Very rarely will I not be able to post one day, and I will say 2-3 times a day as well, though sometimes more than that. Sometimes I do not post just because there would be nothing for my character to do if I posted and it would mostly be made up of his/her thoughts on how it all laid out.
Yes! If you can post enough so that the story continues! If it gets to a halt, remind me and we can all have a chat about it yes? but for now let's just see how things go!

An extra for @Chaos Sphere

Limit Manipulation: I agree that his should work for inanimate things and SOME powers yes, but not all. I think very powerful powers like superspeed or fire manipulation shouldn't be able to be manipulated. Cloth Manipulation ,yes. If you don't understand what I'm saying, just ask.
The weakening I think is interesting. How should other writers handle it? You need to be explicit when stating that other's powers are been weakened. But otherwise, no questions!

HAUKEA

View attachment 8225

Name / Title / Alias:
Haukea Reeves

Biography:

Affiliation:

No Powers
    • Longswords​
    • Shortswords​
    • Bows​
    • Crossbows​
    • Knives/Daggers​
    • Spears​
    • Axes​
    • Maces​
    • Chains​
    • Whips

-

Relations:
+Master Wrant

-Her family
-The Scarlet Five

@Teeloffel

This is good! I like it. We're missing non-powered people in TO. Approved, of course. Just post it in the character sheet place for easy access and I will add her to the list!

An extra for @Chaos Sphere

Limit Manipulation: I agree that his should work for inanimate things and SOME powers yes, but not all. I think very powerful powers like superspeed or fire manipulation shouldnp't be able to be manipulated. Cloth Manipulation ,yes. If you don't understand what I'm saying, just ask.
The weakening I think is interesting. How should other writers handle it? You need to be explicit when stating that other's powers are been weakened. But otherwise, no questions!

I am interested to know more about what you intend to suggest as a possible means to limit or alter the power suppressive nature his ability. Feel free to offer some ideas.

For clarifications though, I have previously established that it can only suppress abilities by making them require more effort (if my brain recalls properly). That aside, I'm open.

Update: I think I could have him require to charge up whatever weapon he's holding too, so he could apply it when doing armed combat. What do you think?

Last edited:
Alright. I am gonna head to bed, and I will think about your questions and answer them in rhe morning. Very glad I will be able to join you guys!!

I am interested to know more about what you intend to suggest as a possible means to limit or alter the power suppressive nature his ability. Feel free to offer some ideas.

For clarifications though, I have previously established that it can only suppress abilities by making them require more effort (if my brain recalls properly). That aside, I'm open.

Update: I think I could have him require to charge up whatever weapon he's holding too, so he could apply it when doing armed combat. What do you think?
Yes. I agree!

First up for the limitations is @nico.

This power is pretty straightforward but still, I have some more things to ask.

What exactly are the perquisites needed for being able to possess someone? Name, face, and location? You mention she has to know their face. What do you mean with a name actually? If, say person x goes by Jaiden but is actually called Holly, which name do you need to know to properly possess them?

How close to a person do you have to be? Maybe this could depend on the information you have. Say if you know face and name you can be 200m away or something like that (you decide, just not super far) but if you only know where they are (in a room and you have to pick one out of the crowd) then you have to be like 10m away something like that?

also, how far with the possessed can you wander before having to return? Does the possessed have any recollection?

And you mention using other's powers. What do you EXACTLY mean with 15%? Pick a very physical character like Trinity (superstrength type character, think Superman) If she can lift 15 tons, can you lift one? Is it like that?

Lastly, if Ajax herself gets hypnotized or stuck in some sort of mental power (like that one Bluebird has, despite you two being on the same team), can she escape? You decide. I don't think this power is insanely overpowered so it doesn't really need that many changes, if any.
The minimum she has to know is face, but in that level of unfamiliarity her ability to rly do something is limited as far as power and distance from her own body. As far as name goes if she knows what they go by it isn't an issue. Of course, say she overheard a name someone didn't use often, as in they maybe only used it on their coffee order, she will technically only know their face. Say I went by Nico every single day to most people, but I used Elle for my coffee order every so often. Ajax could think my name was elle, but since it was made up on the fly her ability would be limited to what someone can do when she onky knows their face. However, should she think my name was Nicole instead of Nico, since it is my legal name, she would technically know my name. However, she has to have at the least a last initial or a middle name if not first and last entirely.

With the least amount of info you have to be within 1 foot of them. 2nd level of info 4 feet. If it's somewhere in the 3rd level it will range from 6-12 feet. This distance factors into the wandering range once the body is taken over of course. Since she has to be so close for the first 2 tiers the "in line of sight" thing is essentially rule of thumb. For the third one she would have to know the room/location of them specifically i.e. in front of the oven in the kitchen across the hall.

She can wander varying lengths depending on who the possessed is. With strangers whom she only knows the face of, around a yard she will be out of range. Knows full name (first and last) and face, 2 yards. If she has personal relations with them she can go up to 8 yards depending on how well she knows them. The possessed have no recollection and will probably end up confused.

If someone can lift 15 she can lift 1, if someone can hypnotize 100 people, she could only manage 15. Using 15 percent of other people's power is considered straining so while she can use up to 15 she seldom goes up that far. I will make it a point to mention what percent of someone's power she is using while we rp.

If she gets hypnotized, she will have no special ability to get out of it.

Sorry for the late answers btw, I was with family today and injured myself. If anything needs to be clarified let me know!!

Last edited:
The minimum she has to know is face, but in that level of unfamiliarity her ability to rly do something is limited as far as power and distance from her own body. As far as name goes if she knows what they go by it isn't an issue. Of course, say she overheard a name someone didn't use often, as in they maybe only used it on their coffee order, she will technically only know their face. Say I went by Nico every single day to most people, but I used Elle for my coffee order every so often. Ajax could think my name was elle, but since it was made up on the fly her ability would be limited to what someone can do when she onky knows their face. However, should she think my name was Nicole instead of Nico, since it is my legal name, she would technically know my name. However, she has to have at the least a last initial or a middle name if not first and last entirely.

With the least amount of info you have to be within 1 foot of them. 2nd level of info 4 feet. If it's somewhere in the 3rd level it will range from 6-12 feet. This distance factors into the wandering range once the body is taken over of course. Since she has to be so close for the first 2 tiers the "in line of sight" thing is essentially rule of thumb. For the third one she would have to know the room/location of them specifically i.e. in front of the oven in the kitchen across the hall.

She can wander varying lengths depending on who the possessed is. With strangers whom she only knows the face of, around a yard she will be out of range. Knows full name (first and last) and face, 2 yards. If she has personal relations with them she can go up to 8 yards depending on how well she knows them. The possessed have no recollection and will probably end up confused.

If someone can lift 15 she can lift 1, if someone can hypnotize 100 people, she could only manage 15. Using 15 percent of other people's power is considered straining so while she can use up to 15 she seldom goes up that far. I will make it a point to mention what percent of someone's power she is using while we rp.

If she gets hypnotized, she will have no special ability to get out of it.

Sorry for the late answers btw, I was with family today and injured myself. If anything needs to be clarified let me know!!

Of course! No need to apoligse! I hope it was nothing serious and that you're fine now! Best regards!

Back