Interest Check The Scarlet Five

Is there a certain description of the area "The Five" and the rest of TSF operate from or is it up to us to world build? I'm more than willing to do so and would love to add important locations into my CS, but I want to make sure it's okay first.

Let's just say there really isn't a permanent base as that would make it way too easy for The Opposition to take out. Surround the area, block off the entrances, and rain fire. BUT! Something like an underground tunnel system or what have you could be interesting.....

I could add it to my CS or if you're looking to at least have a loose outline for those in TSF to follow I would be more than happy to work on something with you that everyone can build off of!

I could add it to my CS or if you're looking to at least have a loose outline for those in TSF to follow I would be more than happy to work on something with you that everyone can build off of!
Yes. Focus on that "a loose outline for those in TSF to follow"

I'm going to make a CS for Madame Sea, to get a gist of why she's important to Aspen. But in regard to The Opposition being composed of mainly regular civilians with a small amount of powered individuals, I was wondering if:
  1. A Council was formed in The Opposition as to hear out all plans/opinions of all members of The Opposition - since there would be no true hierarchy like TSF has. In my opinion, [TO] would also be more Democratic, but this is just a suggestion.
  2. If Newport City is based around the coast - hence the name of it - and how large the population of Newport City truly is and/or how large the city is, itself?

I'm going to make a CS for Madame Sea, to get a gist of why she's important to Aspen. But in regard to The Opposition being composed of mainly regular civilians with a small amount of powered individuals, I was wondering if:
  1. A Council was formed in The Opposition as to hear out all plans/opinions of all members of The Opposition - since there would be no true hierarchy like TSF has. In my opinion, [TO] would also be more Democratic, but this is just a suggestion.
  2. If Newport City is based around the coast - hence the name of it - and how large the population of Newport City truly is and/or how large the city is, itself?

Will you be playing Madame Sea? Right, yes The Opposition should be 70% "Daredevil" type characters who rely on tricks, weapons, traps, and deceit to win and not JUST power.

1. Ah yes, naturally. Something like a hierarchy with actual positions much like a workplace. The Opposition has plans that are usually carried out in larger operations, such as a raid on a semi-permanent base (Which is how we will start the roleplay, splitting people into smaller groups)

2. I can draw up a map of Newport city as well as how large it is. If you wish. It is a very large city say somewhere around 5-10 million people living in it. It is based around a port yes which is how many goods are smuggled in.

Will you be playing Madame Sea? Right, yes The Opposition should be 70% "Daredevil" type characters who rely on tricks, weapons, traps, and deceit to win and not JUST power.

1. Ah yes, naturally. Something like a hierarchy with actual positions much like a workplace. The Opposition has plans that are usually carried out in larger operations, such as a raid on a semi-permanent base (Which is how we will start the roleplay, splitting people into smaller groups)

2. I can draw up a map of Newport city as well as how large it is. If you wish. It is a very large city say somewhere around 5-10 million people living in it. It is based around a port yes which is how many goods are smuggled in.

Yes, but anyone else would be able to play her, too.

Great, that helps a lot. Thank you for answering :)

It would be helpful, but try not to exert yourself over it lol. That's a lot of people! This gives me a better picture of how operations would work and such.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Yes, but anyone else would be able to play her, too.

Great, that helps a lot. Thank you for answering :)

It would be helpful, but try not to exert yourself over it lol. That's a lot of people! This gives me a better picture of how operations would work and such.

Thanks for answering my questions.
Naturally! Just ask any questions you want. As many as you want.

Sometime next week I will be posting the prompt and the scenario. I will be accepting characters up until that point.

Same with this one. Let me know if there needs to be any revisions/things that make little sense and I'll make corrections.
General InformationView attachment 8040
Name: N/A
Alias(es): Madame Sea, MS
Age: N/A (It’s rude to ask for a Lady’s age y’know? – MS)
Height: 5’5” (165cm)
Weight: [REDACTED] (Also rude to ask about a Lady's weight. Who's writing these profiles? I need to talk to them. – MS)
  • Council Member of The Opposition
  • Owner of Le Faunt’s Herbs & Oddities

Biography: Madame Sea was born on the Canary Islands of Paradisio, off the coast of Newport City. Her parents fled Paradisio once Prime Minister Laurent de La Monte came to power and passed the Witch Eradication Act (WEA) to rid the islands of alleged “witches.” Madame Sea was raised in Newport City by her two refugee parents. Between ages of her childhood to her early twenties is a time she does not talk about ever. In the photograph (picture right) Madame Sea became a Hostess for a now defunct bar and was also a dancer before ultimately quitting the Entertainment Industry to open (and currently own) La Faunt’s Herbs & Oddities with her deceased significant other. Madame Sea currently owns and operates Le Faunt's Herbs & Oddities and is a Council Member in The Opposition.

(Note: She is not of the original founding members, but one of the few who were notable in finding its foundation within its early days of creation. Ultimately, helping with structuring its current Council and setting up tests to any initiates who submitted their application to the [TO].)

Affiliation(s):
  • The Opposition
Madame Sea, alongside other notable members, helped form The Opposition in response to the emergence of The Scarlet Five. Her reasoning was the same as others who grew weary of powered individuals wreaking havoc on their city of Newport.

In [TO] there are a rare few with powers. Madame Sea let hers be known during the creation of [TO]. From observation and training, what we found were:

Power(s): Plant Growth

Madame Sea has already mastered and controlled her ability to influence the growth of plant life. Although, the true extent of her ability is unknown, Madame Sea revealed two other sub-sets of power known as: Plant Manipulation and Plant Enhancement. Through observation, here’s what we found:
  • Accelerated Plant Growth – Ability to accelerate the growth of plants and other plants to bloom instantaneously.
  • (See above) Plant Manipulation – Ability to use plants to grow from small or abnormally large and use their vines, stems, roots to her will.
  • (See Above) Plant Enhancement – Ability to mature plants in moments, cause them to flower and produce (includes fruits and general plant food) in abundance.
Her limitations include:
  • Unable to create plants, only can accelerate the growth of seeds and would need fertile soil.
  • Limited to her emotional state, whether she’s feeling angry, sad, happy etc. it will reflect in the plants that she manipulates.
  • Unable to manipulate plants that aren’t native to the area she’s in and/or native to her.
  • Due to age, Madame Sea’s power is limited to the reserved stamina/energy she uses.

Equipment & Non-Powered Abilities:
  • Madame Sea is familiar with poisons and plant-life that is able to render the human body useless/paralysed. (Note: Aspen learned her ability to work with poisons from MS)
  • Madame Sea is a Botanist and uses her knowledge of Botany to help with the biochemicals used within plants and raw materials such as metal, sand etc. to help the others in building new ways of warfare against [TSF]
  • Madame Sea has powerful connections in the Entertainment Industry of Newport City and uses those connections to help The Opposition. She's also known to be quite the charmer.

Relationships:
  • The Opposition – Trusted/Friendly.
  • The Scarlet Five – Distrusted/Enemy.
  • Council of [TO] – Most Trusted/People she loves dearly.
  • The Police of Newport City – Neutral. Particularly never gave her any trouble, but doesn’t believe in their methods of keeping the city safe.
  • Unnamed (Deceased) Parents – Her idols/people who helped her get away from a tyranny happening in their native country.
  • Aspen – Child Figure. Madame Sea is fond of Aspen and ultimately sees them as the child they would never have.
  • [REDACTED] – Lover/Partner-In-Marriage. A figure she will never talk about, but it is obvious how much longing is in her eyes when the subject of love comes up.
Other:
  • Madame Sea is not fond of digital photography and/or anyone taking her photo without her consent. Any attempt to photograph her will result in punishment of becoming immobile for an entire day or until the culprit has learned their lesson.
  • In [TO], she's seen as a Mother Figure and is usually seen giving advice to those who seek it out from her. Otherwise, she usually leaves everyone alone.
  • Madame Sea's real name is unknown and she prefers to keep it that way. Although, files on her origins lie in the Archives of Paradisio's Files on its citizens (both alive and deceased).
  • Madame Sea's true age is [REDACTED] but would- (Note: What did I say about asking for a Lady's age? I can see all the files y'know? – MS)
  • Updated Notes: There're still non-powered individuals who express their disdain toward those within their ranks and MS is no exception.

Last edited:
Do mythological creatures exist in this world?
Rather interesting question. Take a look at what I’ve written on my “Moonstar” submission. More than likely, yes. However the spread of these creatures is very very limited. I wouldn’t say they were even rare more so impossible to find. If you feel you can do something with a mythical creature, go ham. But remember, the characters written here will be most of the powered ones. (Maybe there will be more in the future). And the day to day lives of these people in Newport are much like our own. So no millions of dragons or anything like that. A dragon living inside a cave in the most reserved and private mountains Far away from civilization, then yes. General rule: if you think it fits, go for it. I’ll go through and tell you if I explicitly think it collided with this world.
As for Madame Sea, it is currently 1:30 am and I will read it tomorrow, however it looks great!

Reactions: Dan
I really like the effort and depth put into this! You are indeed a creative writer, with the use of log files and such to enrich a story. Brilliant. Now onto my questions, notes and just general thoughts:

Who can really stop this guy? Let's be honest some of these powers are very strong. I like that. They are versatile and can be used in many ways. I wanna know what you think stops this guy from waltzing into the strongest TO powerhouse's base and just wrecking the place?

These symbols are very good. I believe you should introduce some way to add difficulty to it. Let's say you need a specific number of people to use it on or the names of the people. This could make it more of an assassination type of power than a just "Kill everyone who sees this" type power. Although I LOVE the "control the homeless" side of the power, keep that.

Is there any limit to who can see the symbols? Say if a TFS member sees it, will they also be affected.

Don't worry this character is fine, I just want to clear a few things up!

1. If there is anyone who can stop him, it is anyone with immunity/ strong resistance to most manmade weapons. Given that his primary offense is through the use of them, such entities would force him to stay away from them until he finds something to exploit, which could be difficult if said entity is capable of constantly tracking him down.

2. I assume that you are specifically referring to Supernova, since Third Eye only gives hallucinations (that deadly brawl is a result of conflict escalation). I could add that Supernova requires its viewers to be in a state of shock to work. Might also change its effects to just seizures and full body pain at a minimum

3. Only Bluebird is inherently immune to it, along with characters innately immune to cognitohazards (and I doubt that there would be many). Brainwashed victims are also immune to it by default. This actually makes them more risky to use.

Thank you very much for the questions and complements. I shall now begin making edits.

On another note, I plan on making Agent Joe an actual character once Bluebird is fully approved.

Just a heads up so that when world-building about the TSF base we don't completely create different ideas. I based a new addition to my CS on the suggestion that TSF operates from an underground base. I only really described three rooms, so everything else is open. If there's anything you want to add or work with me to change about the few rooms I described lmk.

Also, GM, feel free to ask me to edit anything since it's your rp at the end of the day.
I do have a question for you. Is this going to be a multi-thread rp or just a single-thread?

Last edited:
Back