Interest Check The Scarlet Five

@The Speaker
Well, the little info was given on purpose, but they could be close. He just has a tendency to be very guarded with people he doesn't know. She could know his real name, but that would imply a very, very close friendship.

Reactions: N0X
@The Speaker
Well, the little info was given on purpose, but they could be close. He just has a tendency to be very guarded with people he doesn't know. She could know his real name, but that would imply a very, very close friendship.
Maybe you and @The Speaker could do a roleplay set in the past? maybe some 2-3 years before the events of "The Meeting"? Just a suggestion

Reactions: N0X
Up next is @Dan

What do you mean with "Make an individual’s possible future come true in exchange for notable memories." Whose memories is this talking about? Yours or the victims? And is it random what sort of memories, maybe bigger changes take the most valuable memories? Just a thought.

The only hard thing about this character is the unpredictable of the Plot. How will you handle a situation where your character's ability predicts the future and that future does not occur? I think this is something you should do when writing and not put as a limit on your character unless you come up with a solution. It would make sense if what you see is fated to happen but if the plot and writers involved don't agree then we have an issue right?

Otherwise, good.

24 and a half hours until the deadline for the characters. After the deadline (that being the last character list) I will only allow special scenarios for more characters. If any of you have any people you might know that might be interested, please let me know!

@Chaos Sphere

Next is your first character, Bluebird.

Your mind-control is a tad bit overpowered. I believe that the main characters that could be controlled either would have some resistance (being powered) or should be harder to control. I don't believe many people would like their character to be under the control or influence of some other writer. HOWEVER I still think It's a cool ability and I would love it if you could find some way to limit it, either through a creative writing change or a limit. One idea could be the maximum number of minions and that some people are mentally stronger than others, therefore taking up more "space". Another, better idea, in my opinion, could be the morality of BLuebird. He has respect for powerful people and therefore only uses disadvantaged people, thieves, or lowlives as slaves/minions. You decide but having a character that can mind-control most of the cast fairly easily is hard to write around. No offense here! I love the idea!

I hope I didn't misunderstand your character by the way, as it is a little hard for me to understand but that's okay.

@Comet

Cira Solen is up next.

I think the limits you've put for your characters are good so that's why I'm suggesting a buff.
What if turning off portals when someone is in inside destroys whatever part of them is inside it, like a chainsaw.

Also, could you visualize how your portals work? Preferably a photo!

@Chaos Sphere.

Agent Joe's character has pretty straightforward abilities. An umbramancer as they would be called in the olden days. A walker of the shadows. The scanning ability is the only thing that pops out at me instantly. How does it work? It should NOT give weaknesses or every aspect of the others' powers, but having it give a summary could work well. I also think it should take some time so that when scanning he doesn't know everyone all the time.

Otherwise cool.

@TMITM

I totally get the vibe you're going for in this character but I am gonna have to ask some questions and clear up some things.

What do you mean by manipulating the biological structure of living things? Be more specific. Can you give life? If so, how? And how often? Resurrection is stupidly overpowered, even if you're an independent. What does corrupting people mean? Is it almost like zombifying? like Bluebird? What would happen if your power clashed with someone else's like Ajax? Or Bluebird? Can someone possess your Twisted Ones?

Also when "giving powers" please list what sort of powers you were thinking of and what they can do (and their limits) then let me have a look at it.

Mirror walking is fine generally but does this also apply to broken mirrors? Is there a mirror world or are you simply going from the surface to the other surface? Is it fast? Instant? or can you shoot a bullet in between the two mirrors and hit? What happens if you crush a mirror that has TMITM in?

What do you mean telekinesis? How far? How strong? Can it counter projectiles? Is it that fast? Should it be?

I know that you want some mystery and I totally get that but if we are going to do this roleplay in the best way possible I think that being clear, concise and concrete is the way to go. Don't worry, your character is fine most likely and it will be in the roleplay as everyone else (This applies to everyone as well) so don't get scared that I'm giving a little critique, I'm just trying to improve the quality of the whole world :) please correct me if I overstep!

I have school starting soon and will not be able to fork over a lot of time because of that. If this roleplay is going to be like multiple replies per day I will fall behind which could prevent things from moving forward. I am willing to answer the questions you asked, but I am worried that I will hold everyone back. Just let me know. If I leave and someone would like to take on my character just lmk otherwise I can delete her CS from the OOC threads. I swear I am not usually this flakey, but it is senior year so I will be fully invested in my school work, and I respect how good this idea you came up with can be which is why I don't want to risk ruining it.

Last edited:
@Chaos Sphere

Next is your first character, Bluebird.

Your mind-control is a tad bit overpowered. I believe that the main characters that could be controlled either would have some resistance (being powered) or should be harder to control. I don't believe many people would like their character to be under the control or influence of some other writer. HOWEVER I still think It's a cool ability and I would love it if you could find some way to limit it, either through a creative writing change or a limit. One idea could be the maximum number of minions and that some people are mentally stronger than others, therefore taking up more "space". Another, better idea, in my opinion, could be the morality of BLuebird. He has respect for powerful people and therefore only uses disadvantaged people, thieves, or lowlives as slaves/minions. You decide but having a character that can mind-control most of the cast fairly easily is hard to write around. No offense here! I love the idea!

I hope I didn't misunderstand your character by the way, as it is a little hard for me to understand but that's okay.

Hmmm... The power of mental fortitude is an excellent suggestion! I could make it like less than an hour for weak-willed or dimwitted people but several hours for powerful people (still covers Joe's issue since he actually read the rigged docs for several hours without resistance). As for his morality, as interesting the suggestion may be, I have already established that he distrusts anyone that is not the main five, thus will always take precautions, though I could find a way to integrate that.

As for Joe, I could simply do that edit. If he were to try figure out any weakness, he's gonna have to do that the hard way.

Thank you very much for the additional questions. I will now try to find time to enact the promised edits.

Up next is @Dan

What do you mean with "Make an individual’s possible future come true in exchange for notable memories." Whose memories is this talking about? Yours or the victims? And is it random what sort of memories, maybe bigger changes take the most valuable memories? Just a thought.

The only hard thing about this character is the unpredictable of the Plot. How will you handle a situation where your character's ability predicts the future and that future does not occur? I think this is something you should do when writing and not put as a limit on your character unless you come up with a solution. It would make sense if what you see is fated to happen but if the plot and writers involved don't agree then we have an issue right?

Otherwise, good.

Make an individual’s possible future come true in exchange for notable memories.

In lay man’s terms: If the person wants one of their possible futures to become reality, then they would have to give up memories that mean the most to them. I apologise, I should've replaced 'notable' with 'important' to be more clear.

That’s the beauty of predictions, it’s possible for one of them to become true but does not mean it will. Whether the prediction comes true or not, is not the fault of my character’s doing. If it does not occur, then it does not occur. What do you mean by not putting it as a limit? I’m confused on that part. Are you talking about whether Aspen can change the plot…or? I’m genuinely confused by this last question.

Make an individual’s possible future come true in exchange for notable memories.

In lay man’s terms: If the person wants one of their possible futures to become reality, then they would have to give up memories that mean the most to them. I apologise, I should've replaced 'notable' with 'important' to be more clear.

That’s the beauty of predictions, it’s possible for one of them to become true but does not mean it will. Whether the prediction comes true or not, is not the fault of my character’s doing. If it does not occur, then it does not occur. What do you mean by not putting it as a limit? I’m confused on that part. Are you talking about whether Aspen can change the plot…or? I’m genuinely confused by this last question.
That sounds similar to how the wishes worked for Atreyu in The Neverending Story

Next one up is @Draco Shadowdragon

Also, a very straightforward power not meant to insult you haha.

How long does it take to kill someone with this power? is it only applicable through physical touch? which limbs? All?

How exactly does it work? Does it need to be skin to skin or is it okay if you generally touch the person? Say a piece of clothing they're wearing.

How does healing the wounds thing work? Can you heal all wounds? even paranormal wounds? Can you accidentally kill someone using that power? Also, is it painful? Or could you go in the streets, brush against tens of hundreds of people and get your life energy back just like that?

His power works only through physical skin to skin contact. 1 minute touched would equal a year off of the victim's life, so the length of time it would take to kill someone would depend on how old the person was. he can heal all wounds short of loss of limbs/organs. It would not heal mental wounds. He can feel every bit of the wounds healing. most wounds would feel like a relief to heal but if it was a dislocated joint/limb that would hurt for him to heal.

Another character from @Draco Shadowdragon.

Does she create sound herself or does she need a source? You mention she can tune sounds, can she tune other sounds than the one she produces herself?

Can she for example break glass with this, like Black Canary? How limited are we talking here? High enough sounds can destroy entire city blocks full of windows and crush other's hearing. I will agree that this power isn't super powerful on some levels but on others, it could be.

I will agree that she could be able to make soundwaves like that of a volcano ish (think that sort of volume) but doing something like this could maybe only be released by rage or mourning? and that it is totally exhausting? What do you think?

Can she only manipulate frequency or volume too?

You mentioned she can mute sounds, does that mean she can mute people as well? Only the sound or the actual muscles in their throat?
She creates sound herself and can tune any sound that has been made except sounds made from other people. she can't fo example kill someone with their own heartbeat. She can tune sounds as high or low as she wants but the higher/lower the sound goes the more energy it takes to do so. so theoretically she could destroy several city blocks worth of windows but doing so would overexert her, not to mention that morally she would never do such a thing because she doesn't want to hurt innocent people. I will put a power cap on it to wear she can only use the extremely loud and high/low frequencies when she is in rage or extreme mourning. She can manipulate volume as well.

Last character for @Draco Shadowdragon

There's really nothing to say here other than Felix, the dog.

How strong is it compared to normal wolves? is it like a tiger? surely it needs a lot of food to sustain itself.

Does having twin souls have any actual significance like resistance to things or is It purely themeatical?
Felix is Twice as strong and fast as a wolf but is less agile. Felix is very intelligent, observant and cunning. He has to eat twice as much food as a regular wolf.

It's mostly thematical but having two souls makes her twice as resistant to mind control or any power that deals with the mind.

I have a similar concern as nico. I have a job that I work 5-6 days a week with at least two days a week that I work doubles so there will probably be two days a week that I can't post. Would that be a problem? I don't want to drag down the game either. I do want to be a part of it still though

Back