Kaschii listened attentively as the captain spoke, a hand propping her chin. Rumors and stories really did not do justice for just how charismatic Captain Tame was. And it really said something about his self-confidence when this man had proclaimed himself "the last man you wish to be caught on a ship with" right before inviting new members for his crew. Inviting as it sounded, Kaschii couldn't help but note that from what she's hearing, the offer bore more risks than rewards. But still, this was Tame they were talking about. And employment was employment. Who knows when another opportunity like this would come up. The shirren wasn't going to jump onto the offer right away but she was definitely going to consider it.

Her attention turned back to the red-haired cyborg. "Who knows? Surely you've got something in you other than being clueless?" She went back to finishing her meal, gulping it all down with the rest of her water. "Are you interested? In joining Tame's crew, that is."

"You've at least heard of him, right?"
Considering that this young woman didn't even seem to know where she is, Kaschii supposed that there was a chance that she'd never heard of Captain Tame either. "Not to disrespect, but you do seem awfully new around here...and I'm a new arrival here myself."

It was a simple speech that Captain Tame gave, light on actual substance but bolstered by the natural charisma he exuded, a trait that Adran could respect in the man. He silently cursed his luck though, for if he had just waited five more minutes, he could have saved himself quite a bit of chit on that Verisian with Tame's tab. Though it seems he helped Sinra out in that regard as she ordered an entire bottle of Verisian from Kima off of Tame's generosity.

His attention returned to her charming voice as she raised the offer of helping her secure passage with Captain Tame for a compensation to be discussed later. His eyes lingered on the Captain for a moment in contemplation. It's clear now how this man is constantly losing crew members. This speech is designed to appeal to the desperate, not the competent, though the two may combine sometimes. Kaschii certainly seems to be contemplating it, and Sinra seems to want to sign on because he's leaving this station. There might be much for me to observe by accompanying Tame on this voyage as well. I've certainly never met Ysoki before so that should be fun, and I can continue to learn about Sinra as well.

His mind made up, his eyes returned to Sinra and he gave her a nod with a confident smirk. "It would be my pleasure. I think I'll be joining you on this little adventure so we'll have plenty of time to work out compensation later. For now, we need a strategy. While the money you claim to have certainly helps, he seems in need of a competent skillset. Tell me, my dear, what skills do you specialize in? I should be able to create many selling points for the two of us after I have all of the information."

@Maeriel

___Sinra Dalis___
Located: At The Inn
Wearing: Designer Drow Light Armor
_________________________________________________________________________​

Sinra's lilac eyes settled on Adran's unreadable shiny blue prosthetic ones and she listened quietly to what he had to say to her proposition. Business savvy eyes narrowed slightly to his terms and she opened a smile that was part seductive, part predatory and she chuckled lightly. "Oh, no, Adran, this is not how I conduct business. I do not write 'blank checks' to be cashed in later, I negotiate until both have met agreeable terms, like my lovely little kuggenen there in the corner who seem about to run like little mice after cheese to this Captain's proposition. Tell me what you desire and I will tell you if it is agreeable and proportionate to the task I am asking."

Slender fingers wrapped around her wine glass and the Drow brought it to her dusky rose lips to sip and leave the appropriate tense pause. Sinra set the glass back down and her sealed bottle was brought to the table, noticing that Adran himself hadn't ordered any drink, a very curious detail, since she was yet to meet a person who let the offer of free drinks pass when they'd be certainly not poisoned. Then her sultry voice sounded again. "In the interest of allowing you some time to think and consider the size of the sale you'll have to negotiate, I'll disclose the information you asked. I am one of those few who have dedicated themselves to the study and experimentation of Technomancy. I'm a researcher and tech developer, my abilities extend into several fields of application and I am most certainly useful just about... anywhere."

Her smile was positively wolfish and Sin gave him a rather cheeky wink. Reaching for her wine again, the Drow woman allowed another pause to take the table while many around the tavern seemed to be discussing and contemplating the very same thing the two of them were... or brooding and gossiping about the apparently infamous Captain Tame and his unfortunate crew. Once more she spoke in her accented voice. "So? What is your price, abbil? I'd like to know if I will count on your alleged skills or if I should fend for myself in order to avoid that uncomfortable living situation you mentioned they offer at this inn."

@jrusso20

Adran took notes of everything Sin said in his mind, processing all the information that she was giving him access to. He did chuckle at her flat rejection of his initial offer though. "A wise strategy, one that I often use myself. I apologize for my rookie level tactics there." He said with a humorous smile. It wasn't often that he made a mistake, but when he did, he was all for self-deprecating humor.

His smile grew into one of admiration as she rattled off her skills to him, nodding in affirmation to himself before looking back at her again. "Technomancy. A very impressive line of work, and definitely something I can sell. To help you understand my price, I should inform you of my secret." With that he slid up his left sleeve, exposing the circuits that stuck out of the arm wound he'd received his first day on the station. "I'm sure you would've figured it out soon but I'm an Android, though quite different from others of my kind. I was purpose built to be one of the most adept diplomats in the known galaxies. With this ability comes a vast amount of knowledge on individuals and how they work. But for me, it's not enough, races like yours are almost completely foreign to me, as are the behaviors of the lowest classes. Though the latter I've gotten various amounts of data on in the week I've spent here."

Rolling his sleeve back down, he gave her a confident smirk. "My price is this. You strike me as a woman with quite a story to tell, if the aura I'd perceived when I first laid eyes on you is to be believed. I wish to learn of said story, and other topics by extension such as the drow culture. I do realize that such a request may require time and an amount of trust, so I will humbly extend my services as a diplomat and negotiator through this task and beyond if you so wish. Does that sound like an acceptable deal to you?" He asked, extending a hand of cooperation.

@Maeriel

___Sinra Dalis___

Adran's pleasant manners and his overall reaction to her rejection of his initial offer spoke of a good negotiator. You could tell a lot about a person in the manner by which they handled rejection or failure and as such, Sinra was able to glean a little more about the man who sat by her, growing a little more confident in the fact he might secure them a decent deal with this pirate, hopefully one which would help guarantee a more fortunate fate than Tame's previous crew. There was only so long the Drow female could run on pure luck, after all.

Sin's pointed ears twitched very lightly at the mention of 'secret' and her curiosity was suitably piqued, no doubt an intentional move from Adran. Lilac eyes glanced down at the arm, synthetic skin torn open to reveal intricate and advanced circuitry and mechanical parts. Fascinating. Sin wasn't very familiar with Androids, regardless of her work as Technomancer, the only such sort tech Sinra had a first-hand look of was the ancient kind discovered in the many underground vaults discovered within Apostae. The Drow had long found that their Orc and VWP servants were more adaptable to the labor than the android kind, cheaper, easier to replace and not susceptible to any sort of interference from the alien tech, a stance that proved to be very wise when the Androids were given sentient status and released from ownership.

Her exotic eyes raised to his once the sleeve was rolled back on, gaze tracing his features carefully one more time in light of the revelation. Aside from the eyes, the level of detail was remarkable and she'd not immediately have thought him to be an Android. Of course, Adran's move was a very interesting one, as it engaged her curiosity more deeply, her mind already wondering why he was hiding his nature and who had created him, since such wasn't something done in a long time. Her smile was both amused and impressed. Sinra considered his offer carefully, her 'secret' not something that simple to part with. When she spoke again, she was still with a slight amusement on her features, taking his hand to shake in that strange manner humans liked to seal a deal.

"Very well, Adran. My story requires a rather large amount of trust to be revealed, so if you manage to achieve such a level, I shall impart you with the whole tale, but the part about my culture is one I'd take pleasure in discussing with someone who seems to be able to handle himself so well in pleasant conversation. So, if you would lead the way, I believe we are all set to discuss terms with this Captain Tame." She began elegantly rising from the table, but taking her glass of wine along for the ride... "Oh! And I'd be willing to discuss extra compensation if you manage to secure me personal quarters, sharing a room is a much too intimate thing where I come from."

@jrusso20

[The Control Bridge, Deep inside The Forgotten Hammer]

Unblinking red eyes reflected the constant stream of data projected by the holographic emitter. Red-15 sat back in the "throne" originally crafted by the Dwarven creators for the former Citadel's commander, it made him feel like a king. And he was in a way a King, he decided over life and death of his underlings, he protected his borders, enforced his law and as any king he collected taxes.... But he was still a king to an uncaring people to which he was perfectly indifferent to. Indeed Red-15 had kept the station operational with the uncaring efficiency attributed to cold artificial minds that many of his kin tried to distance themselves from...an ideology he never understood.

He narrowed his eyes, sitting forward on the command throne, red light traced along the lines of his grey, smooth skin to reflect his sudden pique of interest.

"Station Gamma, sensor relay 5-Alpha picked up something, calibrate and send out another pulse at once...."

Red-15's voice boomed over the control bride. The bridge had been restored to full functionality and appeared much as the stations creators envisioned it...or so Red-15 believed, free of the distracting horde and decorations of the last "Smith". The black and rust colored alloys were occasionally highlighted with a golden line or ancient Dwarven rune but otherwise smooth and robust. The orange light of the many holo-emitters lighting the bridge as if it were near a giant forge of sorts.

"Sending sensor pulse sir..." The green skinned android with fluorescent cyan "hair" behind station Gamma replied and executed the command without failing.

Red-15 watched the data intently, synthetic eyes searching for a trace, a hint, a-

"KINETIC SHIELD UP! NOTHING GETS THROUGH!!!"

=========================================================

[The Inn, Forgotten Hammer]

The first tremor was nothing much, it was barely noticed and the murmuring of the clientele didn't even flutter. The second that followed made plasteel cups clatter ad dance on the tables for an instant and people grew silent for a moment.

"Junk storm.... We'll be fine...." Moarka's voice sounded reassuringly across the Inn and people went back to their drinks and conversations. the Diaspora was a place of chaos, a testament to some terrible destruction committed ages past, where once were two planets now existed a belt of rubble, planetoids and waste that floated in orbit around the system's sun. But occasionally masses of junk, asteroid and debris still passed through at terrible speeds that had been the end of more than one ship or small station along the Diaspora. A massive Star Citadel, even an old and repurposed one, like The Hammer had the shields and defenses to weather through the worst of them. Those living on Freehammer for some time knew this or at least heard of it. Tovan looked up and narrowed his one eye, puffing his pipe thoughtfully.

Ysun took a deep breath and rolled his shoulders, these Junk Storms, Meteor showers or whatever people called him always unsettled him...but then again he knew close hand what kind of havoc they could wreak...

The Mystery man looked up for a moment, taken from whatever strange trance that had enchanted him. He looked around for a moment, reading the reactions of those around him before letting his gaze settle upon the Drow's table for moment. Then he watched the red fluid in his cup turn as he slowly swirled his glass.

Captain Tame looked up with a little startle but relaxed in an instant, he stroked his beard as he watched the potential crewmates weigh their options and consider their next move. so far not much of interest had presented itself but the captain had faith, faith in wanderlust, faith in desperation and above all...faith in greed. The Vesk sitting at his side did not flinch, the tremor not phasing him in the slightest, reptilian eyes lazily looking for threat, candidates for his ever present blood-lust. The mousy Ysoki whimpered and looked around with twitchy and frightened motions, she was standing on her seat, barely raising her head and shoulders above the edge of the table. With worried squeaks ad mutterings she turned to the wrist mounted computer unit and quickly started tapping on the holographically projected keyboard.

Last edited:
Adran could see the unfamiliarity Sinra had with the gesture of a handshake, guessing it was mostly a human custom. They seemed to be hitting it off well enough for the Android to risk a more audacious flirt. As her hand came into contact with his, he turned so that her hand was over his and gave said hand a light kiss, a gesture more commonplace in high society. "I'll certainly do my best to earn such trust, M'lady." He said with a charming smile and a wink.

Moving towards Captain Tame's table, he was briefly stunned by the tremors that seemed to shake the entire bar. He'd never felt the ground beneath him shake with such force before, however briefly, though his nerves were calmed by Moarka's assurance. He gave a nod of respect to the Vesk, noting the sneer he got in return. "Captain Tame, it's wonderful to make your acquaintance. My name is Adran, and this is my companion, Sinra. We'd like to hear the details of this voyage you're embarking on."

The Android's eyes quickly sized up the Captain and his other crewmate. The Ysoki seemed incredibly skittish, shying away from his gaze, no matter how comforting he made himself seem. It was clear that he would be talking to only the captain for the majority of this negotiation, which was fine by him. The less variables to worry about, the easier it was for him to calculate an advantageous outcome, both for him, and his new friend.

@Scalerender @Maeriel

Clara smiled at the Shirren, happy to have someone to discuss things with.
"I'm a decent mechanic, so I suppose I have that to offer." She shrugged "Yes, I suppose I am considering it but I don't know the first thing about him."
By now she was resigned to admitting her complete inexperience on everything that this place did and was; there was only so much she could keep a secret if she wanted some information.
"As I mentioned, I wasn't exactly planning the trip and I've only just... arrived."

There was a pause, as Clara smiled at the Shirren, before she realised neither knew each other's name yet. Was this the sort of place where you didn't let on your true name? Then again Clara's name was hardly traceable. For starters, she had no last name, and her first name was hardly written on any official documents. She had tried out several names as she grew up on those streets, before sticking to the name 'Clara'. She had seen a pretty young red haired woman on the docks one week when she was little, who she had heard being referred to as Clara. Seeing how respected the woman was by those around her and the finery she wore, the little urchin modelled herself on this Clara and took the name as her own. In honesty, she didn't know what her birth name was, or if she ever had one. She had introduced herself as Clara so often after that day that it was well enough her name by now.

She had been meaning to belatedly introduce herself to her companion when she felt the ground shake under them and bolted to her feet. A moment later the half-orc's voice rang calm and Clara cautiously sat back down.
"Sorry, not usually so jumpy. New place and all... I'm Clara by the way."

Bethelzar Dolomitti

When the first tremor hit Bethelzar nearly lost his drink over the edge of the table. It was only due to his quick reflexes that he managed to salvage the half-glass full of liquid without having sacrificed too much of it. He winced slightly at the wasted drink that spilled over his fingers, and brought them up to his mouth to lick them clean. What a waste. It was a good thing Captain Tame had offered to pay for all drinks, then. Bethelzar waved Kima over and asked her to bring him another shot. While he waited, Bethelzar nursed the glass of what's left of his previous drink and contemplated his options.

Certainly, the Captain already had his eyes on himself, something which he wasn't sure was a good thing. Bethelzar did not enjoy being propositioned, especially since he had been the one doing the propositioning for the longest time. Captain Tame's statement would sound alluring, but only to the most desperate of men. Mangar, for instance, might be more drawn towards the Free Captain, but himself? Bethelzar sipped from his glass slowly as a small frown overcame his face. The other patrons, he noticed, were showing signs of of responding. The redhead girl, who introduced herself as Clara to the Shirren, seemed to already be considering taking up Tame's offer despite apparently not knowing the next thing about the man. Bethelzar snorted a little derisively, and wondered how the girl managed to stay alive long enough to have gotten to the Hammer. Any decent traveller would know not to be quick to rush for potential offers of any kind. Was she a recent runaway? She looked like she didn't know the next thing about how to survive, like a sheep in a lion's den.

Holding his drink, Bethelzar made his way over to Clara and the Shirren's table, grabbing his chair and plopping himself down between the two of them. It wouldn't hurt to warn the girl and her companion. Their combined naïveté ensured that they'd probably not survived long out here outside of the law. There wasn't much else he could do, but this much at least he could.

"You'd want to be thinking that offer through, girlie." Eyeing Clara through down the side of the glass, Bethelzar tipped his head and back downed the rest of the drink in one continuous gulp. "You look new around here, so here's a tip for tramping through the galaxy. Don't get yourself involved in something you don't know, or you just might end up with a nasty surprise."

Captain Tame's confident smile came easily, a feint squint of his eyes suggested a piqued interest in the two prospects that approached his table. He rose slowly and regarded the Drow woman first, he made a small bow, eyes on her and hand resting on the pommel of his blade. A formal greeting rolled of his tongue with a practices control of her native tongue, his posture suggesting a position of strength and readiness to respond violently if required... A proper way to greet a Drow. "Vedui malla Jalil del'il Oloth*" After receiving her acknowledgement he turned to Adran and nodded before gesturing at the seats in front of him and finally sat down himself.

"Thank you for your time, I'll be direct if you don't mind...

I need a crew to man the ship as we are heading towards the Yata'kha** system to sell an item of particular interest to a faction that resides there. The trip may be perilous and I need reliable people to offer assistance where needed. Technological aptitude or combat proficiency is a requirement, as is loyalty and compliance to my command for the duration of your stay on my ship.

I don't care about your history, by that I mean that I have no requirements on creed, religion or background with two exceptions.

1. If you are hunted I want to know by whom and why before we depart. If you refuse to tell me or hide something like this that's fine but I don't like surprises and I will sell you off to who ever comes to collect while you're on my ship. If you tell me I will have your back when needed.

2. If you worship the Devourer you are not welcome on my ship, no exceptions.

You will be entitled to an equal share of the profit minus costs for repairs damages to the ship and one extra share for the captain. there is a functioning food replicator on board which will be available with no extra cost to the crew.

These are my terms and conditions.

Now, what do you have to offer me?
"

The captain's terms and conditions were delivered with a confidence and routine that suggested there was little room for negotiation. Nothing about his mannerisms or social markers were any indication of deceit or a lack of sincerity. The Ysoki at his side muttered and murmured as she kept working on her com-link, people currently active on the local Datanet would notice a distortion and connectivity issues. Krong the Vesk sat silently, glaring at the two would be crew-members with an anything but welcoming expression.

The tremors picked up again, following a strange rhythm that occasionally piqued and caused a stronger vibration through the station. It made some patrons uncomfortable and even some of The Inn's staff seemed a bit worried at the unusually long junk-storm that was passing over the station. Moarka looked over towards Tovan who was looking up, pausing his smoke for just a bit...

*(Drow greeting, literal translation): "Greetings honoured lady of the darkness"
**Yatakha System is home to a loose alliance of space stations and moons that value their independence of the pact worlds. Due to the proximity to a massive magical phenomenon close to the system's two stars that are slowly spinning around one other (and will eventually collide) the system is home to many independent Magical research facilities and cults.

The first tremor was noticed but ignored by the perspective shirren. Having lived in the Diaspora all her life, Kaschii was no stranger to junkstorms. At the second tremor, however, the shirren's antennae stood on alert. But then she remembered that this was the Hammer she was in. It was probably more secure here compared from her former home, where even the mildest of junkstorms were cause for concern.

"Oh, don't worry. I wouldn't blame you for being jumpy. My name is Kaschii." As soon as she had given her name in turn, another patron had joined them, suddenly and uninvited. Kaschii considered the tiefling with a sort of wariness before allowing her telepathic impulses to be felt by him as well as by Clara. "He's right, actually. Captain Tame's got a reputation for losing most of his crew too often to be normal. I'm not entirely sure what exactly happens to them... there are too many different rumors surrounding it...but whatever it is they don't survive...apparently."

Then turning towards Bethelzar, "Are you in need of something? Or are you just here to warn us?" She hadn't really been paying attention towards this tiefling but she had peripherally noticed him talking to the unstable drunk. Was he a local? Or just someone who's lived in a similar environment long enough ? It was hard to tell.

___Sinra Dalis___

Adran took her hand and kissed, a rather charming smile and a wink that was a more obvious sort of flirtation. Sinra had to admire how smooth the man had been and one of her dark eyebrows rose slightly to accompany her silvery chuckle. The Drow was not sure what to think of it, she had more important things in mind than such leisurely endeavors, not to mention that there were several items to consider since the male was actually an Android, but she welcomed the pleasantry all the same. Besides, it was better to nurture a friendly disposition if they'd be spending a certain amount of time traveling together...

When rising, the first tremor happened, it was more a thrumming than anything else, but it caught her attention. In Apostae, she was always on solid ground, but tremors were not unusual due to the large scale exploration into the planet's bowels. Being on a space station was entirely new and even that small thing was enough to unsettle the Technomancer. When the second one hit she instinctively grabbed onto the table's surface and Adran's shoulder, lilac eyes snapping to Moarka as the VWP spoke words to calm the rattled patrons. They didn't find fertile soil in Sinra's mind, however, and after straightening herself, with a discreet hand gesture the extremely advanced computer unit incorporated on the bracer of her armor woke from stand-by and outside of any onlooker's gaze, her user interface appeared in purple lights in front of her eyes alone and a handsome Drow male face appeared, her AI, his grave voice pleasant to her ears.

(*Exchange translated from Drow)

My Lady, how can I help you?

Melorn, interface with the local Datanet in a secure uplink and find out what is the reason for these tremors. Weather updates, local news broadcast, any sort of law enforcement alert, search it all.

As you command, my Lady.

The glazed look that had taken her as Adran did his talking faded right on time for Sinra to catch Captain Tame performing a proper bow, along with even the proper assertion of his command, and speaking with the proper pronunciation, not flawless, as no non-elven blooded could quite achieve the proper lilting notes and no non-Drow could quite roll the R's in the same threatening manner. Her eyebrows arched in a show of her astonishment, but inside Sin knew to be very cautious about what she reveals around this man. She bowed back with the same intention, lilac eyes on his apparent one good eye, and spoke. "Vendui' malla jabbuk op'elg Tame."

Sitting next to Adran, Sindra elegantly crossed her legs, taking a cursory glance of the other two present. The Vesk had such an unfriendly aura is disconcerted her, and the cute mouse alien thing seemed to be working on a com-link feverishly. Captain Tame was a man of little preamble and he cut to his terms rather quickly. A chill went up her spine on his first demand and Sinra wondered if that was an issue or not. Glancing at Adran, the Drow female, appearing rather nonchalant, answered it to allow the Android to continue his task.

"As far as I am aware I am not being hunted and I do not worship any deity, much less the Devourer, jabbuk op'elg Tame."

It was no lie, even if the whole story may be a lot more complex, and she managed to carry it out rather calmly. The purple UI reappeared like a HUD in her field of view and Malorn, now as a well-dressed, athletic Drow male with long flowing hair instead of only a floating head, looked rather concerned as he relayed her the information over the tremors, or lack thereof. Stiffening, Sinra set down the cup with the last of the wine she was nursing and looked over her shoulder, snapping her fingers to her trio of thugs, pointing at her wine and her things and then beckoning them over. Headcase, Lug and Ape were seemingly interested in the fact that their current temporary employer was talking to their potential new employer, but promptly went to fetch her things and approach the table as indicated, not as rattled by the continuous tremors as others were starting to become.

Turning to the Captain and Adran, she interrupted the Android's sale's pitch by saying. "Excuse me, but I'd feel a great deal more at ease discussing these things in your ship, Captain. I do not know who is doing it, but someone is jamming the communications in this station and combined with these tremors I am not very confident I am safe in this place any longer. I am a Technomancer, as far as I can tell, he is a rather brilliant man with great people's skills, I am very certain you will find us quite useful. Now, could we perhaps... go?"

@jrusso20 @Scalerender

As Tame and Sinra exchanged a sort of greeting, Adran made a mental note to try and pick up a translation app that let him understand and speak all languages, he didn't like being in the dark when it came to making a good first impression and knowing the words being exchanged by the people surrounding him. His face kept that pleasant smile all the while as he and Sin sat next to each other, hearing Captain Tame's terms.

Sinra's response held no hint of deceit, which was a relief. As for him, he was confident that he had managed to go off the grid from Athos Robotics after he'd escaped the facility. They wouldn't have risked a tracking chip getting picked up by security sensors, so the only additions they made to his design served to help him keep the illusion of a man, and after converting to chit he'd gone dark completely. Athos' trail would run cold at the Freehammer, he was 99% sure about that.

"I too am hunted by no one, nor do I worship the Devourer. As for combat, I am fully trained, and quite a good shot when it comes to pistol combat. Of course where I truly excel is-" He was suddenly cut off by the tremors as they picked up, then Sinra's outburst. His eyes briefly flickered in annoyance at the crude and rushed manner that Sinra laid out her request, but just as quickly returned to a pleasant smile.

He most likely wont leave. He needs to replace an entire crew, that would require more than just the two of us and if this is his prime recruiting source, he'll need to remain present to sweet talk the other patrons. Stick to a rushed version of your original strategy.

"She speaks the truth, Captain. I'm a negotiator by trade, and if you're selling items, I think I'll be crucial in securing the best deal for you and your companions. I might even be able to spruce up that speech of yours if you ever find yourself in need of more hands on deck again. I suspect more patrons will be coming to speak with you soon, so we wont take more of your time, but if you'd have us, then we could meet you on your ship and hammer out the finer details there. What do you say?" His own charisma brought weight to his words, and his friendly attitude made it hard to say no, even though he'd been set back slightly by Sinra's tactic, he was still confident that Tame would accept both of them onto his crew.

@Maeriel @Scalerender

Clara was a little taken aback by the abrupt interruption into their conversation by the Tiefling. She scowled a little at the chiding from a stranger who had obviously been listening into her half of the conversation.
"I wasn't about to go off with no fore thought." She answered indignantly, feeling much like a little kid again, being lectured by Mr Sebali.
"I was simply interested in some work. If you have further insight, I'd love to hear it."

In all honesty more information was most welcome. Whether she took the job or not, was still up in the air, but she was happy to be dissuaded if that's what the information brought. Work without needed to leave the safety of the Inn to find, seemed too good to give up, however, Clara was well aware her eagerness to get away could lead her to make reckless decisions. It was wise to heed the advice of those who knew more than her.

Captain tame chuckled amused, eyes moving their focus from the Drow to the "human" and back. A grin accompanied his bemusement and he sat forward, leaning his elbows on the table and intertwining his fingers together. He paused for dramatic purposes as one of the latest tremors faded and made way for a sudden silence. He smirked."Well...I'm certainly amused by your confidence, but very well I'll bite.... I'm opening a channel to-

"Captain!" The Ysoki squeaked alarmed "The Drow lady is right! The station is-"

The next "tremor" felt more like an earthquake, the entire Inn rattled, cups fell to the ground, patrons yelped and lost their seating. Kima gave a surprised cry and crashed into Belthezar with enough force to knock them both on the floor. Before the first sudden quake ended another one followed and this time around the lights of the Inn flickered, and the electronics connected to the local grid lost power for a moment before The Inn's private generators kicked in and stabilized the flow of power.

"Tha's no Frackin Junk Storm, The Hammer's under Attack!" Tovan Bellowed as he rose from his booth "What's that idiot thinking, should ave raised alarms the moment the attack began! Fockin callous tinfoil wearin soup-churnin bucket of bolts! I'm closin the doors, anyone leavin best do it now!"

Captain Tame had saved his dignity by holding on to the table, his quick reflexes saving him from toppling from his seat. Keesh was currently latched on to the captain's shoulder and clung to him for dear life. Krong the Vesk's clawed hands had equally held on to the bolted table and prevented himself from taking a dive. he hissed menacingly yet with a hint of excitement at the prospect of battle and bloodshed. Captain Tame rose and spoke loudly."Seems I'm cutting interviews rather short but I still need a damn crew, anyone up for the task best be on my tail as we head out..Best of luck to all of you!! Keesh let go..."A quick nod to the Vesk was all that was needed for the Juggernaut to rise to his full height and almost charge out of the Inn. Keesh let go of The captain and scurried behind him whimpering "I knew it I knew it felt it in my tail!!nononononono!"

Several patrons stood and rushed out either taking the captain up on his offer or taking their chances some place else but few seemed to be willing to take their chances inside the Inn locked up with a mad Dwarf and his staff. Ysun picked himself up from the ground and checked his weapon, deactivating the safety protocols and headed out with long confident strides.
"Where the frack do you think you are going!?" Moarka snapped at Ysun while she climbed up from behind the counter, the last op the toppling bottles crashing to the ground behind her.

"Someone might need help, better make sure Tovan opens up for me eh?" He flashed her a foolhardy grin and wink. Moarka shook her head muttering a curse at the brazen fool.
"Qwai!!! Qi o yana to Qwai!" Qwai-Qwai foiced with a frightened tone. The whide eyed alien peeking her head up from behind the counter and looking around freightened and cowering.

Tovan's armor clicked and whirled, plates shifting into place to provide further protection. his green energy shield flickered and became more obvious as he overclocked his personal generators to boost the protection. As he lumbered from his booth the mysterious door to his inner sanctum came to life and opened up slowly only to reveal a second compartment behind it with yet another blast door. From several hidden compartments inside The Inn Tovan's gun-drones revealed themselves and armed their weapon systems. Whatever was happening, Tovan didn't plan on leaving...

drone-v6-spider-scifi-animated-3d-model-low-poly-animated-rigged-max-obj-3ds-fbx-mtl-tga.jpg

Last edited:

___Sinra Dalis___

For a moment, Sinra was rather incredulous at the demeanor of the men at the table, their nonchalance in the face of the gravity of her words, all but the disgustingly cute mouse thing. Had she not been clear enough? The Drow language was much more capable of conveying urgency than the common language, it seemed, or maybe she was just overly used to how seriously she used to be taken before. It was a strange shift in her reality and one she would take a while to adjust it seemed. Luckily (?!), the earthquake seemed to be a more startling demonstration of what she had meant and then everyone was taking the gravity of her initial deductions to heart. When the ground shook to the sound of gasps and things shattering and clattering to the floor, the Drow made a quick motion that covered her in a body shield of purple and a tap on a gem on the front of her armor made a force light blue force field cover her head as a helmet.

Her racial grace was the only thing that saved her from crashing to the floor like Lug and Ape, Headcase clinging to the wall and the three cursing like sailors. Lilac eyes first flashed to the Dwarf, bellowing what she had deduced moments earlier, and then Tame making a last call for arms before making his lumbering brute of a lizard open way for him. Sinra briefly looked at Adran, but assumed the man had gotten the gist of it and would do the same as her: get up and follow the Captain to his ship rather than be blown into the certain death of space. Well... certain death to most, at least. "Headcase and... you two! Follow me!" And so, Sinra and the three goons ran after the Captain, another flick of the Drow's slender wrist made an elegant and sleek looking assault rifle made of purely of magical purple energy appear in her hands.

The quakes unfortunately led to Adran falling over his chair in a more comical manner. What wasn't comical was when he landed on the exposed wound on his left arm sending a flicker of pain through his receptors. He made a point to get that fixed as soon as he got to safety on the Captain's ship, Picking himself back up, he managed to hear Captain Tame's speech and see him, his crew and Sinra and her little posse heading out from the bar.

As he got up to follow, he noticed the one-eyed Mystery Man following suit. His eye locked with Adran's eyes and something told the Android to help keep this man safe until they were both aboard the ship. With a nod, Adran pulled out his plasma pistol and ran after the group, always keeping an eye on the Mystery man behind him.

Bethelzar Dolomitti

At Clara's indignant response Bethelzar merely chuckled and shook his head slightly in mild delight. Such a serious, innocent little thing. Bethelzar now could say with a decent amount of certainty that she was probably a very recent runaway from a sheltered facility, and has probably never seen the light of day before. He hasn't met many of these types during his travels before- given that most, of not all, tended to be beaten into submission by the world before long. Clara was quite the rare diamond in the pile of outlaws and stowaways, and Bethelzar intended to preserve that for as long as he could- because really, he could do with a little less world-weariness all the time.

Bethelzar turned to the Shirren, intending to give her a reply, when a tremor blast shook the Inn, sending the occupants and everything else flying. Bethelzar barely managed to shift his weight to his feet and hold onto a table for balance before a body barrelled into him and sent both him and the unfortunate person barrelling to the ground.

The first thought that Bethelzar had after he hit the ground was that that hurt a lot, goddamn. It wasn't as though he wasn't used to a bit of rough tumble and rumble, but having to support the weight of another person had caused him to fall straight on his side with no chance to cushion himself from the floor. Groaning slightly as he moved to sit up, Bethelzar glanced aside to look at the person that had crashed into him, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was Kima, looking mildly shaken but none the worse for wear. He hadn't planned to interact with the Lashunta so soon after their last brief encounter, but well, he's an adaptable man.

"Woah there darlin', can't have you hurting yourself, can we?" Bethelzar got to his feet, supporting Kima with one hand and grabbing onto a table with the other, still wary of more tremors. "You'd best watch where you step next, would be a shame if you got hurt. Now run along for somewhere safe, I don't think this is any ordinary junk storm." With Tovan shouting his own confirmation in the background, Bethelzar straightened his own clothes, ignoring the dull throbbing pain in his side from the crash landing just now and surveyed his surroundings. The Inn was more or less in chaos, with Captain Tame's recruitment drive suddenly having picked up speed due to the timely tremor blast attack on the Hammer. Bethelzar felt his lips curl into a knowing sneer as he watched a few patrons trip over their own boots as they rushed out after Tame in their hasty attempt to secure a safe spot onboard the Free Captain's ship. What absolute fools. Bethelzar suddenly had a stray morbid thought about how many of those patrons would have lost their heads within the month.

Shaking that thought away, Bethelzar looked around to seek out his former companions, right before they were interrupted by the attack. Clara and the Shirren seemed like amiable people, and Bethelzar had half a mind to dissuade them from joining Tame's crew, despite the current situation. Still, it wouldn't hurt to hear their opinions before making any decisions.

As the tremor shook her out of her seat, Kaschii's hands shot for...whatever she could hold onto. Too slow. Before she knew it she was on the floor. She carefully collected herself, antennae straight up and trying to parse the situation through the commotion. This wasn't a junkstorm. Her heart sank as Tovan announced what exactly was going on. So much for being a safe haven, huh? But then again, it would be naive to have assumed that such a place was completely secure.

The shirren felt her breathing hitched up, her guts felt like they'd all crumpled into themselves like tissue paper. She steadied her breathing, or at least tried. She couldn't panic now. Perhaps later, but not now. She spotted some of the patrons heading after Tame in the commotion. Adran was one of them. Then she turned back to her companions.

"Are you alright?"
The impulse was transmitted to both Clara and Bethelzar. "I don't know about you two but I don't intend on staying in here."

Clara's, eyes widened at awful tremor that shook the joint, possibly the whole planet for all she knew. It was a lot worse than the others and even before the words were spoken, she knew this way no longer a simple junk storm. Her mind raced and yet thought nothing of help, her interface taking over, as it often did when she panicked. Across her ocular display scrawled lists of options along with various pros and cons. She didn't bother reading, the experimental system didn't always analyse situations effectively anyway, besides she was far to panicked and time restricted to sit and weigh up her options carefully. Trying to calm her breathing, she turned to her companions.

"I'm fine." She answered Kaschii as confidently as she could muster, "The Captain's offer is certainly looking rather appealing right about now."
Clara eyed the two others wondering what decisions they'd make and if there'd be room in such a plan for a young cyborg. The newcomer would surely be against joining the Captain's crew but for Clara, it was either stay here and hope things worked out or go with the captain, and neither seemed like particularly safe options. She had only just met these people but while she was in an unknown place she would cling to whomever she could. The Shirren seemed like she had a plan in mind and Clara wanted in.
"Is that what you were planning Kaschii, to go with him?"

She knew it'd be too late soon, the doors would be locked and the captain gone; a decision needed to be made.

Last edited:
Back