Open The Six Lands (LOOKING FOR PPL TO JOIN)

What kind of Rp do you guys want this to be?

• Multithread?

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Single Thread?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KANdragonart

The Six Lands
The Six Lands Of Elements
(Rough draft)

(This is based on a book I am currently working on. I am making this to help me with ideas for the book because writer's block)
FULL DISCLOSURE: I may use events that happen this RP and put them in my book, if you are not ok with me using an event that your action started, please PM me. I will mention everyone in RP before the beginning of the book and thank you all for being a part of helping me figure out this book. I will NOT use personal OC's or creatures in the book unless I am given permission BY THE OWNER or if you are already using an NPC from the book.

LINK TO MULTITHREAD
~~~​

HISTORY OF THE SIX LANDS:

Told from an ice region shaman from a large tribe, Idaa.

I busily worked away at some new medicine while listening to children play outside my open tent. The cold helped keep my senses sharp so I rarely closed it. I chuckled as I heard them laughing at one another and then I heard it.

"You will bend to my will magic! I am the great God of Death!"

I smirked to myself. "Looks like these children need a reminder on how it happened..." I grabbed my staff, my bones creaking as I stood. By the great gods, I am beginning to get old... I thought to myself. I slowly shuffled out of the door and called out to them. "Come inside children if you'd like to hear a story." I then turned, knowing all of them would follow, for stories were part of our culture. We lived and breathed them. As I sat down again sure enough all the children sat before me in a semi-circle, looking at me with expectant eyes. I paused for a long moment for dramatic effect before I finally began.

"When the world was first created by the gods, magic was not on just our little continent... oh no! It was out there! No.. it was... woven into every thread and fiber of this world. Into every creature! Magic was life! But not every creature could harness its power, one creature, in particular, was humankind. A creature very rare unto our lands but was and is abundant out there! They were curious as to how an elf could whisper to a sapling and it grows into a tree, or how a dwarf could speak to a piece of coal and have his forge be lit. So one philosopher decided that he would answer this question for humankind.

He spent years studying. He went to various colonies of magical creatures. Asking the rulers of every species he could communicate with to understand how the magic worked. This eventually caught the attention of... The God of Death. For you see the God of Death had no ability to use that power. He had no part in making it and no physical body to access it. He just ruled the underworld and had his little minions. So when he saw this curious philosopher, he got an idea. He waited for years until the philosopher had learned how to harness magic and then he started his process of temptation. He gave his empty promises and deals until he had the philosopher in his grasp and then, he took his body."

I paused for a minute for dramatic effect and I saw the children's eyes go wide. I smiled a bit and continued.

"The philosopher was no more, just an empty shell of the man he once was. But the God of Death soon discovered a serious problem. He couldn't control the magic still, for you see, Magic has a conscious and the God of Death was one that it could not be controled by. Enraged, the god of death began to enslave magical beings and changing their beliefs, making them dark and corrupted, for that was his power, his ability... corruption.

The other gods took quick attention of their brother's behavior and fought back until he was banished into the mortal realm and all the magic was put onto this tiny continent and locked away and hidden from him and the eyes of man, for they were so easily corrupted. And now we have six relics in each region, harnessing the power of the gods to keep the God of Death away. But legend has it that he will find a way into this world and try once more to harness this power, but when that happens a hero from the outside will appear and save us all."

(This RP takes place 300 years before the main character comes into play.)

~~~​
Societies/Groups

The Society
(Don't have a name yet)
A group in which brings information from the outside world. Members are stationed in different locations on each continent. (This group eventually has the purpose of looking for the hero in the prophecy in the book.) They make sure that the God of Death is in their sights.

The Alore System Aldina's father was a great adventurer. He would come home and tell her stories of kind souls that had saved him. Ever since she had settled down in the capitol since her parent's passing she had set up a system. For a while whenever she saw someone in need and helped them she told them to give her back door three slow knocks should they ever need help again. If she did not answer they were to leave a note saying, "Your service is needed Alore" with their initial. This way the anonymous could keep their identity secret. When she found the note she would wait by her back door at dawn and wait for them to come back. She had managed to turn several lives around with this system. She had given some homeless people a job until they were stable again, had given shelter to sick travelers who couldn't afford help, and had even once hidden a mother and her children from their abusive father and smuggled them to the quieter parts of the city. After that, the word sort of spread on its own among the travelers, adventures and such.

The Ravens Creation of: @sissyd00q A group of hired assassins. You leave a piece of food out on your window ceil with a picture and description of who you want to be taken down and why. The hired assassin's bird will find the food and bring the paper, back to their owner. The assassin will look it over and decide if they want to take the job. If they do they'll send back a note giving a meeting location, there you will decide on the price and what you want as proof that your person/creature of choice was killed. If they need to be taken down in a short time frame keep in mind that they will most likely up the price considerably.

~~~​

MAGIC (How it works):
Magic is based on elements. The more main elements you bond with; Fire, Earth, Air, and Water, the more sub-elements you can use. Until then you are weak to the opposite element. Some sub-elements, such as ice and energy, were given to certain creatures by the gods.

For beings born without magic abilities, magic is like a person, you have to bond with it and let it trust you in order to use it. The stronger your bond is, the better you can control it.

Everything is made up of magic, you just have to find it. All creatures are born with natural abilities that seem magical but they are abilities that the gods gave them (they can be considered talents on the character sheet.)
~~~

MAP:
View attachment 7796

I will be making a map of each region in the future as the RP grows.

~~~

REGIONS and DESCRIPTIONS: (Ideas for names are appreciated.)

FIRE:
Made up of volcanoes and Mountains and some small desert areas. They produce metals and precious stones and armory.
Other Info:

EARTH: Made up of Mountains, forests, jungles, and farms. They produce, lumber, a little precious stone, and produce and animal skins.
Other Info:

AIR: Made up of the clouds in the sky. They keep the land cloaked. This region is draped in legends. All that is known about this so-called region is that it's very hard for one to reach.
Other Info:

WATER: Made up of mostly rainforests and beaches. They produce fish and make the finest jewelry.
Other Info:

SUB-REGIONS and DESCRIPTIONS: (Ideas for names are appreciated.)

ENERGY:
Made up of each aspect of other regions. It has small mountains, forests, fertile ground, and plentiful springs. It is surrounded by other regions. They trade with other regions to produce machinery.
Other Info:

ICE: Made up of mountains and caves, a frozen wasteland. They are made up of clans and do not get into the affairs of the other regions, they are a neutral region.
Other Info:

~~~

CURRENCY: 100 Copper=10 Silver= 1 Gold= 1/2 of a cut precious stone (all precious stones are worth the same, but the worth of it goes up with how well it is cut and how clean it is. If a stone is uncut and uncleaned it is worth about 5 silver pieces.)

~~~​

RULERS OF REGIONS

Pending!

~~~

PEOPLE OF REGIONS: (Other species not listed in regions can live there. This is just the majority population. And descriptions are generalizations.)

FIRE:
The humanoid population consists of mostly Dwarves. But of course, there are also elves and humans. The culture there tends to have very haughty and explosive attitudes
Other Info:

EARTH: The humanoid population consists of Faires, Feas, Elves, Giants, trolls, and some humans. They are usually gentle and loyal.
Other info: Full giants are 15ft tall or more. Half giants are 8-14ft tall.

AIR: Only Air Shifters. No one knows anything about them or what they look like. Anything they do know is from legend. Energy Region has the closest connection with this region.
Other Info:

WATER: The humanoid population consists of Humans, Mermaids/Mermen, and Selkies. Very hearty and love to party/celebrate.
Other Info: Music

ICE: Humanoid populations typically are Animalshifters, Skinwalkers, Elves, and Dwarves. (Too cold for most other species). Good place for people who are neutral on politics. Consists of clans which communicate anomalistically (grunts, growls, howls, etc.)
Other Info:

ENERGY: Aeuduarfs, Brownies, and Dwarfish elves. Intelligent and awkward.
Other info:

~~~

CREATURES/HUMANOIDS OUT IN THE OPEN: (You may suggest creatures, pretty much all magical creatures are excepted, but if you want a specific on posted let me know! Anything can be evil that has a conscious but not all things can be good.)

(Any animals that are typically domestic or are "in the real world" can most of the time talk, if not they can speak telepathically)
Dwarves
Elves
Pixies
Faes
Faires
Aeuduarfs Created by @KeekeeI (A mix of Pixie and Dwarf resulting in an intelligent species that can hover and build magnificent products)
Air Shifters Created by @KeekeeI (They have wings and their skin changes with day and night. They are the protectors of the hidden world and keep the veil hiding it, intact. Because of their ability, they can change the air molecules around them so that people perceive them differently.)
Brownies
Animalshifters
Selkies
Giants
Mermaids
Mermen
Humans
Goblins
Pixies
Dragons (can have a human form)
Griffins
Chimera
Centaurs
Fauns/Satyrs
Blade Dancers Created by @skydude808 (They replace their eye with a Pantherus creature's letting them move with inhuman agility, the downside is that they have cloth-like armor.)
Genies
Ogres
Phoenixes
Sphinxes
Kelpies
Gnomes
Golems
Leprechauns
Hippogriffs
Thunderbirds

~~~​

CREATURES/HUMANOIDS IN THE DARK: (You may suggest creatures, pretty much all magical creatures are excepted, but if you want a specific on posted let me know! Anything can be evil and anything can be evil that has a conscious but not all things can be good.)

Skinwalkers
Shadow People
Demons (can have human form, animal form, or both)
Humans
Wrathes
Harpies
Pantherus Created by @skydude808 (a panther-like creature, they have "eyes that can see possible futures and as it hunts its prey its predictions become clearer as there are less possible realities that each decision can create")
Wendigos
Manticore
Kraken
Basilisk
Psytokloniks Created by @skydude808 ("A cave hunting creature with very sensitive footpads, able to feel preys foot vibrations through floors and rocks as well as having eyes that are able to detect infrared radiation. Their primary weapons are two front digging claws and teeth that come out of A strong jaw able to crush through most armor."
Werewolves
Dragons
Vampires
Kappas
Minotaurs
Sirens
Golems
Cyclopes
Dullahans
Grootslangs
Changelings
Banshees
Manananggal
Sirels
Leereds

~~~

NPC's:

Pending!

1) Idaa Played by: @KeekeeI
2) Walter Played by: @sissyd00q
3) Nathaniel Played by: (open)
4) Aldina Played by: @KeekeeI

~~~

Link to the Character Sheets! :emoji_handshake:

Link to Discord Server if you wanna shoot ideas there! ;)

Link to Discord RP Server if you wanna join us there! :D

Last edited:
Wow that is an amazing map! I tried making one before and couldn't get one nearly as good as that one.

Hmm, I should look into Krita. Thank you for telling me! Now I might be able to make decent drawings.

Back