ODSTDRAGON

ODSTDRAGON
Yello Story teller’s circle!
Please read this took lots of time effort and some research to put together!
Sorry if my style is gruff in the first few paragraphs !

I’m here to offer you yet Another High school super power setting. However I’ve got several twists on the formula. A proper classification system ( no it’s not a twist but I’m also doing that.) and it uses a whole different Culture than normal! Still Interrested? Good!

First off in this world are religions are Correct. With power determined by Faith. More Faith more Power. However I’m taking a crack at soemthing different. heaven Hell, done to death, the classic idea of a super power done to death! So I’m doing one based of Buddhism.
I’m not going to claim I know a lot. However what you do need to Know are the 7 paths. Based off, I think it’s seven world or dimensions. Don’t quote me and don’t stone me on that. But the 6 paths of pain ( From Naruto. Which are based on the 6 paths in Buddhism) are the inspiration.

I thought it would be fun. And since your powers are characterized in classes they can be balanced. It’s mianly meant as a means so people don’t feel their power has to be wholly unique. Anything goes as long as it fits a classification.

Different sets bring out a different core personality trait ( which can manifest in many different ways. IG you can be the most aggressive path and still be friendly however your agrrrsion could come out in motherlyness or when someone insults you.)

Now disclaimer there is a 7th Path the outer path. However your suppose to be young and the Seventh is the path of perfection. It is open to one whom reaches Nirvana if I’m remembering correctly. It effectively means someone can walk all the path. So maybe end game or months form now it’ll become available but I plan only for the two major players to be anywhere near this level.

Now then I’ll list the paths. Then do the Character sheet. Followed by a cast of characters you can expect to see. However before we get to the good stuff, I said I’d be switching up the formula. And your darn tooting I am!

So what’s going to make this different? You Character is allowed to not know they have powers. Heck they may not even have them! However this isn’t a fancy Oh well train you school, nope! Being visible with powers can result in you becoming a freak, a dear person something to fear or ridicule. The world doesn’t know these powers exist. Best to kee it that way. The government can slam done and drag you off if word spreads to far. You can be a super hero, but you’ll also have to balance school, maybe a job to, and not to mention the fact people will want to find out about you and you may become a target. Better be careful. The setting is modern which means Cameras can record your use of powers to.

The bad guys? They’re real but you don’t know about them, and hopefully they won’t know about you. They’re secretive, discreet, and pretty much don’t exist in any layer of Society. But they are powerful. Compare them to the forces of nature. They don’t always brew, but s simple whim of even a lowly LT. can pull you into a storm you can’t handle. They have powers, man power, resources, and the experience to use them.

So any training and power building? That comes from you and whoever you make friends with. And you don’t have to be a hero your more than welcome to be a villian or join forces with this shadowy organization.

That’s the twist. You have powers, very limited places and people to use them on ( You can use them freely but kee in mind there is consequence.)

1- Deva Path: the path of gods. Considered the highest order of all the paths. Your powers are Devine. This power made and balanced the universe. Are you powerful enough to control it? Maybe even undo it? This is the path that can dictate time, gravity, reality. Pretty much the big things. Problem is, Bliss is the weakness of this path. Anything that stimulates pleasure has an easy time drawing in this path. Gambling, sex, Games, Drink, drugs, Lying. If it hits you with Endorhmines, it will pull you hard. This path grows weaker the more it indulges. It’s wisdom brimming diluted by the poison it picks. Intelligence is valued here. There is something your just better at than anyone else around. Your the god of chess, or a history wizard. You know so many facts, it’s incredible! However if someone gets close, your vulnerable. Those lows hit you hard. Physical hits? Will break you. ( you can take a punch but getting hit by a haymaker to the temple is putting you down and out. Anything survivable [but mariginally] such as a three story fall is highly dangerous to you.)

2 Ashura Path: this is the path of Body modification. War, fights, conflict, arguments. This is what thrills this is what brings this path to life. They are often in staunch opposition to the Deva path ( according to lore.) violence is the answer. Nothing ever does anything for you. Life is dull and boring. But now a fist fight breaks out. Screw dropping it! Your punching both fighters in the melon! As stated earlier this path gives body modification. This can be hardening your body, to growing limbs and pumping up muscles. Growing two heads to cover your blind spots! Anything that would boost combat ability falls here in this path. War ,war never changes but you do! This path is Often psychotic, but not a decider. This path is straight and one sided. This path will not betray you, but if your ideals Clash, well they’re going to let you know. Death is often honorable, but only if it is a warriors death. Why sneak around when you can kick in a door? One track minded. This path is everything it appears to be.

3: Human Path: oh boy, the human path. With a huge potential for almost everything. Humans are hard to characterize. However this path can manipulate as it pleasers and often works to further its own goal. This complex path can lie but not mean to hurt you, or tell the truth to hurt you. The human path conistists of abilities that affect other humans. Body stealing, brainwashing, mind control, Telepathy. However the signature is ripping out the soul of another Human path. This path takes in Knowledge. Everything is worth knowledge. Knowledge is power. (Funnily ebough In lore the human path is most likely to attain enlightenment) seeing around walls in order to see what the principal is locking in his office? Human path. Pride will be your down fall. Greed will tempt and the physical objects will lure you in. Accumulating wealth and being the richest is certainly an alluring idea. As wealth can mean power as well. What need of you for knowledge when you can buy it from a geek? Or make them your slave? Your desire to have all those action figures may one day consume you. Can affect all the paths except Deva,Ashura. Will be over whelmed by the outer path. And Preta can be a very dangerous path to encounter. You may get Consumed

4- Animal Path: this path incorporates all of the natural world. However it has two inevitable outcomes. The control of animals or the taking of animal features. Plants whisper to you warn you of your down fall. You can smell the fires. Claws bursting from your nails? You can read animals minds in this path. The animals talk and you tell them what need to be done. But be warned nature and life has its own will! It can turn against you! Your a lonely person, isolation is key. Nature is nice. Drawing or reading in a quite little room where no one can find you is an enjoyable afternoon. After all these ideas have better lives than you. However your mind may not grow. The world will pass you by as you sit and read fiction. History? No thanks to boring who cares what happened to dead people hundreds of years from now! Campaigning without anyone around is often enjoyable to bad in this modern world you don’t get your way. Beware the human Pwth May outsmart you. However only the Ashura path can match you in ferocity.

5- Preta Path: the hungry ghost path. Those greedy in their human life may find eternal punishment in this path. ( According to lore also paraphrasized) this path is always hungry yet always unable to sate their hunger or thirst. In lore they’re often made to consume bodies, or they can eat normal food but often have a hard time swallowing. It may even vanish before you. The need to consume flesh, blood, bodies, life energy, this path will eat it all. It needs it. It tries and tries to satisfy the pain. ( In Budism this is pretty much hell on earth ) this path ( for the purposes s of the rp) finds its often taking and consuming . Leach powers would fall here. One mark the Preta path will always have is their Hunger, and doubly humiliation. This path is always born into poverty and often lacks what it needs jsut for everyday things. Clothes are to old orb and small, never enough money to get a full meal. In a rich school they’d be gawked and laughed at. If a human path tries to Get intona Preta it can be dangerous for both. As the human path can end up being a source of temporary relief for the Preta, and the Preta likewaise could end up as a pawn of the human path if they’re not a good person.

6- Narka Path: in lore the Narka path is basically hell. Here you are punished for wrong doings in your life or lives, before being reborn. As such, this path is judge mental and will be very much aware if you lie to it. No matter how interacte the lie you will find out. Truth matters to these people. You will see justice be dealt but it will be done appropriately. You will not put a thief to death. But a murder is fair game. This path is also one of healing. Both mentally and physically. As such you can’t stand unnessary suffering. Such a kids having legs torn off in wars. This path is always on the side of Good. And will always desire to see it over come evil. Anything outside your moral compass is simply monstrous and will never be done. But this strong will makes you a target for suffering. The human path will try to decive you to escape punishment, the Preta path will always hate you for its suffering. Your sentences have heavy weight. And the Ashura is naturally violent due to its hellish work and constant fighting. You walk this path that is a thin line, very carefully and often alone.
This path can heal, clairvoyance would fall into this path, the ability to see the past and present when it relates to someone , abilities that punish Deceptive tricks ( ig Illusion) or liars would also fall here.

The Narka path is the most complicated path and has a lot of over lap. So I struggled with it. Did I handle it... okly?

Character sheet:
Name:
Age+ DOB:
Physical character istics: 1 paragraph or a picture
Quote:
Path:
Power:
Drawback:
Limits:
Personality:
Quirks/ Habits:
Hobbies:
Friends: optional
Enemies: Optional
Mentor: You can get one in rp but optional
Personal philosophy:
Bio:
1 like:
1 dislike:
Theme song: optional. ( for people who go all out)
Optional/Misc:
Other information you want to include:

Sorry I’ve been working on this for hours now. I may redo the character sheet.

Will post mine at a later date. I don’t think this rp is a good idea. I mean who actually wants to do this? Not to mention the fact that some paths dictate personality a little. Ughh maybe I should scrap this.

I will be willing to answer question about the paths. ( just don’t ask about the lore it’s beagle and I read what was nessary for Expidency sake) however questions about piers are acceptable.

Ig what about flight? Depends on how you choose that it works. But if your making your bones lighter Ashura path. If your changing the world so you can fly. It’s Deva.

Umm make the list Short and vibe descriptions I’m running out of steam.

Principal : Bahdda Mesuki
Asst: Shiro
Asst: open
Teacher 1: Mrs Jacklin
Gym: Richard Harris
Jermey : student
Alex: Student ( Regular)
Student Penny “Cathy”(Catherine) Izabella.

Will do my CS later
Peace more work comming soon

It's a lot of reading for a plot but truly worth it! Sounds fabulous, I'm in. I recommend having spies in the school if you're up for that?

Yello Story teller’s circle!
Please read this took lots of time effort and some research to put together!
Sorry if my style is gruff in the first few paragraphs !

I’m here to offer you yet Another High school super power setting. However I’ve got several twists on the formula. A proper classification system ( no it’s not a twist but I’m also doing that.) and it uses a whole different Culture than normal! Still Interrested? Good!

First off in this world are religions are Correct. With power determined by Faith. More Faith more Power. However I’m taking a crack at soemthing different. heaven Hell, done to death, the classic idea of a super power done to death! So I’m doing one based of Buddhism.
I’m not going to claim I know a lot. However what you do need to Know are the 7 paths. Based off, I think it’s seven world or dimensions. Don’t quote me and don’t stone me on that. But the 6 paths of pain ( From Naruto. Which are based on the 6 paths in Buddhism) are the inspiration.

I thought it would be fun. And since your powers are characterized in classes they can be balanced. It’s mianly meant as a means so people don’t feel their power has to be wholly unique. Anything goes as long as it fits a classification.

Different sets bring out a different core personality trait ( which can manifest in many different ways. IG you can be the most aggressive path and still be friendly however your agrrrsion could come out in motherlyness or when someone insults you.)

Now disclaimer there is a 7th Path the outer path. However your suppose to be young and the Seventh is the path of perfection. It is open to one whom reaches Nirvana if I’m remembering correctly. It effectively means someone can walk all the path. So maybe end game or months form now it’ll become available but I plan only for the two major players to be anywhere near this level.

Now then I’ll list the paths. Then do the Character sheet. Followed by a cast of characters you can expect to see. However before we get to the good stuff, I said I’d be switching up the formula. And your darn tooting I am!

So what’s going to make this different? You Character is allowed to not know they have powers. Heck they may not even have them! However this isn’t a fancy Oh well train you school, nope! Being visible with powers can result in you becoming a freak, a dear person something to fear or ridicule. The world doesn’t know these powers exist. Best to kee it that way. The government can slam done and drag you off if word spreads to far. You can be a super hero, but you’ll also have to balance school, maybe a job to, and not to mention the fact people will want to find out about you and you may become a target. Better be careful. The setting is modern which means Cameras can record your use of powers to.

The bad guys? They’re real but you don’t know about them, and hopefully they won’t know about you. They’re secretive, discreet, and pretty much don’t exist in any layer of Society. But they are powerful. Compare them to the forces of nature. They don’t always brew, but s simple whim of even a lowly LT. can pull you into a storm you can’t handle. They have powers, man power, resources, and the experience to use them.

So any training and power building? That comes from you and whoever you make friends with. And you don’t have to be a hero your more than welcome to be a villian or join forces with this shadowy organization.

That’s the twist. You have powers, very limited places and people to use them on ( You can use them freely but kee in mind there is consequence.)

1- Deva Path: the path of gods. Considered the highest order of all the paths. Your powers are Devine. This power made and balanced the universe. Are you powerful enough to control it? Maybe even undo it? This is the path that can dictate time, gravity, reality. Pretty much the big things. Problem is, Bliss is the weakness of this path. Anything that stimulates pleasure has an easy time drawing in this path. Gambling, sex, Games, Drink, drugs, Lying. If it hits you with Endorhmines, it will pull you hard. This path grows weaker the more it indulges. It’s wisdom brimming diluted by the poison it picks. Intelligence is valued here. There is something your just better at than anyone else around. Your the god of chess, or a history wizard. You know so many facts, it’s incredible! However if someone gets close, your vulnerable. Those lows hit you hard. Physical hits? Will break you. ( you can take a punch but getting hit by a haymaker to the temple is putting you down and out. Anything survivable [but mariginally] such as a three story fall is highly dangerous to you.)

2 Ashura Path: this is the path of Body modification. War, fights, conflict, arguments. This is what thrills this is what brings this path to life. They are often in staunch opposition to the Deva path ( according to lore.) violence is the answer. Nothing ever does anything for you. Life is dull and boring. But now a fist fight breaks out. Screw dropping it! Your punching both fighters in the melon! As stated earlier this path gives body modification. This can be hardening your body, to growing limbs and pumping up muscles. Growing two heads to cover your blind spots! Anything that would boost combat ability falls here in this path. War ,war never changes but you do! This path is Often psychotic, but not a decider. This path is straight and one sided. This path will not betray you, but if your ideals Clash, well they’re going to let you know. Death is often honorable, but only if it is a warriors death. Why sneak around when you can kick in a door? One track minded. This path is everything it appears to be.

3: Human Path: oh boy, the human path. With a huge potential for almost everything. Humans are hard to characterize. However this path can manipulate as it pleasers and often works to further its own goal. This complex path can lie but not mean to hurt you, or tell the truth to hurt you. The human path conistists of abilities that affect other humans. Body stealing, brainwashing, mind control, Telepathy. However the signature is ripping out the soul of another Human path. This path takes in Knowledge. Everything is worth knowledge. Knowledge is power. (Funnily ebough In lore the human path is most likely to attain enlightenment) seeing around walls in order to see what the principal is locking in his office? Human path. Pride will be your down fall. Greed will tempt and the physical objects will lure you in. Accumulating wealth and being the richest is certainly an alluring idea. As wealth can mean power as well. What need of you for knowledge when you can buy it from a geek? Or make them your slave? Your desire to have all those action figures may one day consume you. Can affect all the paths except Deva,Ashura. Will be over whelmed by the outer path. And Preta can be a very dangerous path to encounter. You may get Consumed

4- Animal Path: this path incorporates all of the natural world. However it has two inevitable outcomes. The control of animals or the taking of animal features. Plants whisper to you warn you of your down fall. You can smell the fires. Claws bursting from your nails? You can read animals minds in this path. The animals talk and you tell them what need to be done. But be warned nature and life has its own will! It can turn against you! Your a lonely person, isolation is key. Nature is nice. Drawing or reading in a quite little room where no one can find you is an enjoyable afternoon. After all these ideas have better lives than you. However your mind may not grow. The world will pass you by as you sit and read fiction. History? No thanks to boring who cares what happened to dead people hundreds of years from now! Campaigning without anyone around is often enjoyable to bad in this modern world you don’t get your way. Beware the human Pwth May outsmart you. However only the Ashura path can match you in ferocity.

5- Preta Path: the hungry ghost path. Those greedy in their human life may find eternal punishment in this path. ( According to lore also paraphrasized) this path is always hungry yet always unable to sate their hunger or thirst. In lore they’re often made to consume bodies, or they can eat normal food but often have a hard time swallowing. It may even vanish before you. The need to consume flesh, blood, bodies, life energy, this path will eat it all. It needs it. It tries and tries to satisfy the pain. ( In Budism this is pretty much hell on earth ) this path ( for the purposes s of the rp) finds its often taking and consuming . Leach powers would fall here. One mark the Preta path will always have is their Hunger, and doubly humiliation. This path is always born into poverty and often lacks what it needs jsut for everyday things. Clothes are to old orb and small, never enough money to get a full meal. In a rich school they’d be gawked and laughed at. If a human path tries to Get intona Preta it can be dangerous for both. As the human path can end up being a source of temporary relief for the Preta, and the Preta likewaise could end up as a pawn of the human path if they’re not a good person.

6- Narka Path: in lore the Narka path is basically hell. Here you are punished for wrong doings in your life or lives, before being reborn. As such, this path is judge mental and will be very much aware if you lie to it. No matter how interacte the lie you will find out. Truth matters to these people. You will see justice be dealt but it will be done appropriately. You will not put a thief to death. But a murder is fair game. This path is also one of healing. Both mentally and physically. As such you can’t stand unnessary suffering. Such a kids having legs torn off in wars. This path is always on the side of Good. And will always desire to see it over come evil. Anything outside your moral compass is simply monstrous and will never be done. But this strong will makes you a target for suffering. The human path will try to decive you to escape punishment, the Preta path will always hate you for its suffering. Your sentences have heavy weight. And the Ashura is naturally violent due to its hellish work and constant fighting. You walk this path that is a thin line, very carefully and often alone.
This path can heal, clairvoyance would fall into this path, the ability to see the past and present when it relates to someone , abilities that punish Deceptive tricks ( ig Illusion) or liars would also fall here.

The Narka path is the most complicated path and has a lot of over lap. So I struggled with it. Did I handle it... okly?

Character sheet:
Name:
Age+ DOB:
Physical character istics: 1 paragraph or a picture
Quote:
Path:
Power:
Drawback:
Limits:
Personality:
Quirks/ Habits:
Hobbies:
Friends: optional
Enemies: Optional
Mentor: You can get one in rp but optional
Personal philosophy:
Bio:
1 like:
1 dislike:
Theme song: optional. ( for people who go all out)
Optional/Misc:
Other information you want to include:

Sorry I’ve been working on this for hours now. I may redo the character sheet.

Will post mine at a later date. I don’t think this rp is a good idea. I mean who actually wants to do this? Not to mention the fact that some paths dictate personality a little. Ughh maybe I should scrap this.

I will be willing to answer question about the paths. ( just don’t ask about the lore it’s beagle and I read what was nessary for Expidency sake) however questions about piers are acceptable.

Ig what about flight? Depends on how you choose that it works. But if your making your bones lighter Ashura path. If your changing the world so you can fly. It’s Deva.

Umm make the list Short and vibe descriptions I’m running out of steam.

Principal : Bahdda Mesuki
Asst: Shiro
Teacher 1: Mrs Jacklin
Gym: Richard Harris
Jermey : student
Alex: Student ( Regular)
Student Penny “Cathy”(Catherine) Izabella.

Will do my CS later
Peace more work comming soon

I will say I have an interest in this roleplay. I may post a character bio if this thing gains a little more traction within the community ^^

It's a lot of reading for a plot but truly worth it! Sounds fabulous, I'm in. I recommend having spies in the school if you're up for that?
I will say I have an interest in this roleplay. I may post a character bio if this thing gains a little more traction within the community ^^
Glad you two like it! And I know I had to stop working on it I got tired and my fingers hurt.
And of course there would be spies!( thanks for the idea XD)

But since you two support this should people know when another is on a Devine path or should they find out?

Hmm I believe everyone would have an inkling of what everyone is but I think discovering it would be best.

Oooh maybe like a tingling in the back of your head, so you know their different.

But you can’t figure out how?

Ooooh another taker. Yeah I guess so, I suppose you can always tell when someone is being suss when you too are being suss.

Alright that’s three people! I’m ready to start this.

Although I’ll be honest the fire I had is gone. It sat to long. Life began to happen and the seeming lack of intrest hurt but I still want to do this

In my opinion I think the timing was just bad. If you had posted an interest check for it a year or two ago you wouldn't have had to wait so long. I feel like most of the people on here are looking for either crossover or fandom RPs (which I have no problem with)

Back