The Soul Of Vegas: Northern Quadrant

Lore Weaver

Technno music pumped through the speakers of the club, swaying the throng, blades of multi-hued grass in a frenetic wind. Waitresses wove through the chaos, holding trays above laden with drinks , packets of powder piled on most of the trays/ One of the waitresses veered to a booth in the back. A half-dozen sprawledon the cushions,laughing and whistling at a seventh who stood on the table, thrashing about to the o the music, her shiny purple mini-dress that clung to her svel torso while baring all of her legs, Glitter and ribbons throne by her peers drifted to her dress and the feathered waves of her honey-blonde-hair, As the waitress approached, she held a folded piece of paper. One of the spectators tugge don the dancing girl;s skirt.

"Angelica, I think someone has a message for you."

Angelica, turned, grinning almost, toppling of the table as she leaned down to take the note. He rother had grabbed one of the glasses.Tossing back the scotch, she threw the glass down on the table where is shattered into splinters.
"Sorry about that love," she slurred to the dismayed waitress "put it on my tab."

She unfolded the note, read it once, than burst out in laughter, turning to her friends who waited with tense, if snickering anticipation.

"Someone wants me to run for Mayor!"

Back