The Soul Of Vegas: The World Of Syndor

Lore Weaver

(I decided to have a little fun with this.)

Name: Syndor
Race: Planet
Sexual Preference: What Are You Talking About?

Appearance: Well, round, very round, with lots of water, but I am seeing a physician plaet about that HA! Anyway...there are three bodies of water which humans call oceans. I would tell your their names but I dpn't really care. There are seven large masses of rock tooped with all sorts of covering on top. But for now let us just focus on three beccause that will take less time and I am busy spinniing on my axis and circling that giant ball of fire over there,

Tarmadis:

This is a land mostly made ofwide stretches of rocky land, broken up by mountains and deep ravines. It is aharsh land where little grows anymore. There used to be more vegetation but the people that live there, the Tarmadites, who use their magic and knowledge to sustain the land a d it's creatures wee either killed off or scattered by various invading creatures and people. There are a few Tarmadites left, guarding and nurturing pocjets of magic. They can sustain themselves and a few creatures in the immediate vicinties but it will be along time before they can rejuvenate the land into anything clsoe to where it was. Tarmadis located in the southwestern part of my body.

Garamis:

Is a lush, fertile landscape, vibrant with all sorts of vegetation, animals and sentient beings such as humans, elves, sylvan beings, gnomes, halflings, orcs, goblins, centaurs..all ,manner of thins that are general nuisance and keep me awake when I am trying to sleep. Some of these creatures have built cities and towns which have become woven together to becomemations. Chief among these nations is the kingdom o Alunia, which has been built ove rthe largest concentration of magic in Garmis. The current rulers of Alunia are a family od shape-shifting dragns called the Shaldor family. Dragons are the longest-lived race on the entirety of me. As such, they have a tremendous amount of wisdom,, knowledge and power. Many other races believe dragons are extinct or at least extinct. I will explain more later. HA! Don't you just hate when sentient planets tease you? Well it is fun for me and that is what matters. Garamis is pretty much the middle of my body, right belor what some cal ny equator although I think that is vulgar.

Zaranis:

Zaranis is a tropical land thathas many jungles, beaches and swamps. There are all kinds of creatures here as well but most are not two-legged. The exception to that are the Syndari. The Syndari are the oldest of the fae creatures on my world and theu are a very powerful race, tied to the elements of fire, air and water as well as to vegetation, particularly the eldest of the trees, Syndari are most concerned with protecting, nurturing the environment and natural creatures. They ahd a strong tie to the Tarmadites before the desolatuon of Tarmadis. They are opposed by Ventari...who want to spread what they consider to be civilization, ofetn at the expense of the environment. Both of these races pursue their goals through the terrestrial races, most nobly humans, elves, and other such. Of the three lands I am illuminating you on today, Zaramis is where there most prolific batles take place. There is only one prominent kingdom in Zaramis. It is called Braithos and it is a bastion of what some would call immorality and indeceny but I simply call the pursuit of life's pleasures. Currently a council i if elder vampires rule Braithor , although they have placed a token human in charge because they hate making public speeches and it amuses them to watch humans and others fight over the position. Zaramis is the southeastern region of my magnificent corporeal existence.

And Now For A More Monotonous Scolarly Narritive

The Tarmaidtes Of all the humans dwelling on my surface. or below it, they are the most phsycically imposing, strongest and most closely tied to Syndari magic. Which is one reason why other races were so determined to eradicate them. It took a massive combined effort to devestate their numbers and drive them, msotly, from Tarmadis. Now mostly momadic Tarmadites wander around me, searhcing for Syndari to ally themselves with so that they may re-uniter and regenerate Tarmadis. Some, however, have forsaken that quest, and become hermits or mercenaries,. Some even cour the favor of Ventari, betraying their own kind completely.

Appearance: Generally betwen 6'5" and 6'9" )males) and 6'0" and 6'3" (females) They have well-muscled forms of dark bronze tone. and black hair. Typically their weapons are honed from the bones of enemies they have slain in battle. (Fledgling warriors will usually have weapons handed down to them). Their armor consist of hides woven over more bones. The most notable characteristic of their appearance is the mark in the center of the froehead. It is shaoed like a sword and is typically bone-whote. For the few who have bonded with local natural environments (mostly the ones remaining on Tamardis) it is vibrant green. For thsowhohav ebonded with a Syndari, it is red, green, yelllow, or blue (depending on the what the Syndari is bound too.) Through these marks, the Tarmadites receive visions that guide them and their abilities. How exactly the marks became bonded to their ancestors i their secret but it has something to do with the Syndari and has been passed down through generations. For more information about thse marks and the Tarmadites do some research of your own, or try and find a Tarmadite and see if they wil tell you. HA!

Dragons: While Dragons once roamed my land, sea and air in their original forms in great numbers, the dicovery of the power their blood could bestow upon those who were alble to obtain it and survive drinking it without going insane, drove other creatures to hunt them to the point where dwelling in their original forms becmae a huisance and more an dmore began primarily lshape-shifting into various forms. Any sentient bipedal creature is pretty much i in their range I these forms they are basically impossible to distinguish from other s of that race, except that they tend to be slightly larger , much more intelligent and more naturally versed in magic. A few will keep some original coloring in their hair but it is usually so faint as to be hidden. Of course theiy live much longer so after a time they must fake their own death and shift form or ,wander to anothe rlocation where thay are unknown.

Syndari: The most powerful of the fae, they have maintained the strongest connection with the fae realm although they dwell in the terrestrial plane. They are in actuality spirits but they often assume the form most pleasing to those they are trying torecruit to their cause Of course recruitment costs their targets greatly as they essentilly become the thrall of the Syndari, and must serve their cause unless the bond is released or broken. The bond can me formed in many ways, but always a ritual and it usually involves some sort of intimate act. Those bonded by the Syndari become much more sensual in nature and will ovten be used to lead others to the Syndari. Those bonded with the Syndari become very versed in elemental magic, particularly tha of the element the Syndari represents. They also become very well dsiplined and proficient in certain skills, including the wielding of certain weapons, but they are limited in the scope of those weapons they can use. Syndari, while usually intesely serious also have a wicked sens eof michief and are prone to spying on those engage din acts of intimacy, sometimes using theor magic to add some humor or heighten the pleasure for both, all or one of the parties. Syndari themselves refuse to engage in physical altercations with terrestrial beings and will simply abandon their corperal form. The lone exception if if the sanctuary they are protetcing is being severlyly threatened in which case thei will fight to the death (permanent banishment to the faae realm) While theya re not physically strong, their magical powers, near invulnerability and relentlessness make them formidable.

Ventari: These spirits are essentially embody all of the motivations that drive sentient creatures. Greed, Ambition, Fear, Hatred, Lust, Envy chief among them Unlike the Syndari, they usually choose not to to take physical form, finding it eaier to drift about settlements looking for creatures to take root in. One host can easily hold more than one of each spirit, the more Ventari of a certain traitare within a creature, the more that trait will manifest, and generally the creature will become more violent, selfish, distrustful, while often growing more skilled in hiding these same behaviors behind a veil of civility and nuance. A Vebtari take sroot simply through securing an agreement from the host, usually but not always after the host has suffered some perceived injustice. That agreement is then sealed with commison of an act, often as simple as a lie. A Ventari can be expelled by someone with knowledge of a Ventari's name who command s it to leave with authority. Of course the Ventari will fight this, often at great peril and damage to the host since it fades away if it can nnot find another host in a short period of time.

Vampires: Vampires are not undead, the original vampires were created as such and conversion from mortal vampire happens only through the tortuire and sacrifice of the individual the mortal loves most. This can be atrick if that individual is the mortal themselves. There is no set way or ways to kill a vampire. They live until they are slain and an change thei semblance when it suots them. However, theya re more vulneable during the day than at night,.

The Portals; Each of the land sI mentioned has portals to at least one other realm. So far only humans aof a weaker breed have traveled through to me. A few specimens have disappeared fthrough one of these portals to wherever. Their loos. The portals so far ahve appeared randomly and most notable arund cities.

Back