Ame Damnee The Staff n' Flagon - Tavern & Inn

Sikex, as played by Meliodas

The Staff N'Flagon
Seated at the bar

There was almost a sigh of relief after the pair had decided to stay in the tavern. “Who, me? Go to the cathedral? I wouldn’t be caught dead there.” Sikex was clearly easily amused with puns, even if no one else understood the irony of them.

Granted, there was hardly anyone in New Eden who hadn't heard of Grandmaster Anwil, but while not everyone may have known him personally, the man had been a saint. There was very little he hadn’t done for New Eden, so it was only out of common decency that everyone was expected to pay their respects. At the same time, Sikex knew it would only be a few more hours until bedlam broke out. Although he couldn’t know for sure about anything that was to transpire, he could sense a lot of death in the foreseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lorie Baker -Bakery in the Tavern, District Elysian

Lorie let out a soft sigh as she sat down then offered her cheerful smile to the other two, “My temple is the kitchen,” She stated honestly as she poured another glass of chocolate milk for herself. The female had known the Grandmaster slightly when he came in for some treats. He like lime cream pies and other sour sweets. She had one sitting out on a plate with his name on it.

She would take it to the church after everyone was gone. It would be her respects paid in the only way she knew how, “It’s too quiet in here,” She told the others.

Abbie rose an eyebrow at Sikex, but she did not really give his comment more than a thought. She took a few more bites of her tarts, then took a big gulp of her chocolate milk. She smiled a little after, then looked at the two of them. "I think just remembering the good things he did fort us is a good way to honor him. Besides.. The entire city is going to be there. I'm not good around that many people." She said to them both.

The Staff N'Flagon
Cellar

He could sense in his bones the calamity that was just minutes from occurring. Most of the city was drawn to the cathedral in the wake of Grandmaster’s Anwil’s death. The funeral was currently underway, and Sikex only imagined that by now, they were holding the eulogies. A bulk of New Eden’s military force was focused in on the area surrounding the cathedral, along with a dozen or more high-profile Warden’s – including Grandmaster Raakshdos. In a rather uncharacteristic way, he got up from his seat at the bar and headed towards the cellar.

“You two mind giving me a hand? There are some things that need to be brought up before it gets busy.” Smiling, he disappeared through a door that leads into the back, and down a dark stairwell that took him into the basement.

The human female blinked slightly at the male before standing from her seat. Something was off about the way he asked them to help him. He hardly ever did. She moved slowly down the darkened stairs letting her hand trail down the banister. Her other along the wall. There were always fears that people had even if they didn’t make sense to them. Her mother called them instincts. It was what told the lion when it was time to fight or simply run. It’s what kept someone alive.

She was afraid she realized to be down here while something happened up above but she trusted Sikex. Lorie trusted him on a level she couldn’t ever hope to explain. Stepping down to the stone floor from the wooden stairs she stared into the barely lit darkness of the cellar letting her eyes adjust a bit more as she waited for Sikex to tell them what he needed.

Abby had been surprised as well, and it showed clearly on her face as she looked at Lorie. She stood and followed the woman to the back of the taven and down the stairs. She felt uneasy. They had all never been down here all at once before and it made her uncomfortable. She could not say that she could tell that something was wrong, but she had a feeling that Sikex would not just ask him to help him with something. First the first time since they had taken up shop in his tavern. "So what do we need to help you with?" She asked, opening her eyes a bit wider in the darkness to try and see better.

The Staff N'Flagon
Cellar

They wouldn’t realize it, but the city had gone dark, the sun blotted out by the moon. The streets were cold, the snows would begin to fall, and a thick fog filled the streets. Inside the cellar, they were as safe as they ever would be, and coincidentally, with all three of them huddled inside the small room, the door slammed shut behind them. For some strange reason, even if they tried, it wouldn’t open, nor was anyone going to manage to get inside without making a serious attempt. “Oh, the door!” Sikex exclaimed dramatically, walking back up the stairs in an attempt to open it. “Well, this isn’t good. Seems we are all locked in…” He muttered, feigning a smile as he darted back down into the room.

“Anyone got any ideas?” It was unlike Death to protect anyone, but it wasn’t their time, not yet.

Lorie jumped at the sound of the door slamming shut which also caused her to grab onto Abbi. Her large blue eyes stared at the other woman with a deep question clearly trying to figure out how she felt about this whole thing. Her gaze danced over to Sikex who gave a dramatic shout about the door. The male normally left the door propped open so he didn’t get locked in. Had they kicked the stopper out of the way some how?

Biting her lip she glanced about before looking the door over. Her eyes narrowed. Who put the hinges facing to the outside of a room? It made her plan impossible as she would have suggested just pulling the hinge pins from the door. There wasn’t a key port on this side of the door either. She glared at the male, “Got an ax down here?”

For some reason she was sure there wasn’t but none the less she didn’t miss the cool draft that creeped from under the crack along the bottom of the door. She was sure there wasn’t any way there could be a draft. Her stomach tightened suddenly as she looked at Sikex as if just now taking him in. Why had he done this?

Abbi blinked when she heard the door slam. She felt Lorie grab onto her and she grabbed onto the woman in return. They shared a look before Lorie stepped away. Abbi remained where she was, not wanting to crowed the stairs. She let out a sigh when the both of them seemed to come up with no answers and she shook her head. "All I could do was burn it down, but that would passably kill all of us. I think.. For now.. We just have to wait until someone comes into the shop and comes looking for us." She suggested. It was not something she really wanted to do, but they had no other option.

The Staff N'Flagon
Cellar

The commotion appeared to quickly quell as all of the attention was drawn towards the Eden District – in particular, the Craftsmen’s and Artisan’s Guilds. Conveniently, as Sikex stood near the door in his attempt to pry it open, it gave way as he fell forward, nearly collapsing onto the floor inside the backroom of the bar. “Got it!” Truly, it was no coincidence, but there was work to be done.

“I think people out there might need my help! You two stay inside where it is safe.” He had been right. The streets were quiet outside the tavern as he snuck out, locking the door behind him as he disappeared into the fog in haste.

The human girl wrapped her arms around herself as she watched him go. She felt cold inside as if a deep foreboding feeling was taking over her. Some part of her told her not to try the door but she did regardless. Finding it locked she drew her fist back and punched the door, “Damn you! What about us?”

She hated feeling left behind. Lorie slapped a palm against the wood her emotion got the best of her and she slipped down to kneel before the wooden structure with her forehead pressed to it. Was she just not useful? She couldn’t use magic. She couldn’t fight. All she could do was offer a smile and bake things.

Abbi stepped up beside Lorie and put a hand on her shoulder,. then sat beside her and cupped her hands. She blew into them slowly and a flame flickered to life. It was not a big flame, but it gave off a decent amount of heat. "Here. We wont be getting out. So we might as well stay warm. Once your hands are good, I can go relight the stoves and warm up the Inn." She said, trying to offer Lorie something other than the cold that seemed to be settling into everything.

The female glanced up at the other, “I feel like a fool. He had to have planned this but how?” She closed her eyes then did as the other suggested and warmed her hands with the flame. Her eyes suddenly flicked open, “Your a genius,” She was on her feet in a moment as she headed over to the furnaces that lined the back wall. Along the left side of them was shoot that opened up onto the street behind the shop. Using all her might she pushed the cart that was regularly filled the fire wood.

There was only a simple latch on the outside of the double aluminum doors that kept passersby from stepping into the two foot by three foot wide passageway. Taking her glasses off she used the arm as a lever to push the latch up before pushing them open, “Yes! He didn’t lock them too!” Using her strength she pulled herself up and out of the basement, “You coming?” She asked Abbi.

Abbi got up and walked over. She hoisted herself up and out of the basement, then brushed herself off. "Well we are out. What are we going to do now?" She asked, not sure if being out of the shop was such a good idea. They were in an alley way between their shop and the building next to it, but that did not mean that they were safe. Even if they went back down into the basement of the shop through the shoot. Anyone attacking could just follow them through. "Should we check out what is going on? Or try and get back into the shop?" She asked, looking both ways down the alley, wanting to be sure they were alone.

Lorie stared at the other woman for a long moment, “I’m not going back down there. I won’t leave the tavern but I will not go back down into that cellar,” She hated being locked into places that were dark and gloomy. She glanced up seeing the sun was high in the sky. Hadn’t it been dark a moment ago? Sighing she made her way to the front of the building only to eep and take a few steps back as she found a few piles of ashes lying about. Who did this?!

Huffing again she made her way around the ash piles and towards the front of the tavern. Pushing open the door she sighed. The inside as perfectly normal. The fires in the ovens were burning low but that was easy to fix. She quickly set to work doing just that.

Abbi followed her around the building, but we was in no rush and noticed something that Lorie had missed in her haste to get back inside. The streets were completely empty. Sure there had been a mass funeral going on, but there had still been people about before. Even if the service was still going on, there would be people. But the position of the sun let her know that it should have been over. People souls be returning to their homes.

She looked out over the rooftops and shuddered. Smoke was raising into the sky in billowing plumes. Something had happened, and clearly Sikex had saved them from it. So Abbi quickly went inside. If they had been attacked, their attackers might still be in the city. "Lorie!" She said lowly when she got close to the other woman. "I think New Eden was attacked! There is smoke in the city, and no one around. The funeral services should be over now. Everyone would be returning to their everyday lives." She said, looking toward the door. She was clearly worried.

The female was trying to ignore the possible ideas that rolled around in her head as to what had happened, “I have work to do,” She states to Abbi, “You wanna check out what happened go ahead. I would rather do something that won’t have me strangling that bastard as soon as I see his stupid face.” She was livid over the thought that she had been locked in a cellar. She hated being trapped. Hell she hated cleaning out the ovens due to the closed space and feeling of suffocating that it brought on. Sikex had been helping her with it little by little. Lorie felt her trust in him was betrayed.

She moved towards the ovens grabbing her apron as she passed it off the coat rack that hung on just to the left of the far oven. Pulling it on she moved to the cellar where she kept doughs that were set aside to rise a little. Plucking one of the large bowls out of the very cool cellar she moved to her work table and sat it there before heading over to the sink to wash her hands. Once dried she returned to the table and set about preparing to knead the dough.

"I'm not crazy enough to go looking for trouble." She told Lorie, understanding the other woman's anger. So she tied her hair back and grabbed her own apron. She pulled it on as she walked to the sink where she eased her hands, then set to !along dough for cookies and brownies. Lorie wanted to work, and Abbi felt that was a good idea.

"Should I dive for cover when he gets back?" Abbi asked as she looked over at Lorie, knowing that the woman was simmering in her anger. He had trapped them in the cellar, and just left. There was no telling when or if he would return.

Lorie chuckled, “Perhaps. Likely not though. I will simply give him a piece of my mind is all,” She started dividing the dough up into smaller portions rolling them into small buns and slicing x into the tops before putting them on a sheet before sliding the sheet into one of the ovens. She was feeling better already. It was surprising to most how relaxing the feeling of baking could be. It surprised even her from time to time. After some time she started humming as she often did while she was making treats.

Abbi got the cookie dough onto sheets and slid them into another oven. She then poured the Brownie batter intompams and slid them in as well. She stoked the fires with her own, then set to making biskets. She decided that she would make a hearty stew, something warm and comforting. People would be coming to the shop eventually, to drink or to eat. It would be best to have food to fill their bellies until Sikex returned.

"Well if giving him a peicenof your mind turns into a brawl, I will be sure to take bets from any patrons." She joked, kneading the dough easily.

Back