The STC Comic - January 2017

Crim

The blobfish
full

January 2017 Storyteller's Circle Comic Blog: Issue 1

So here it is. The first issue of the STC Comic. I know everyone has been asking when it's going to be available and finally that wait is over! Hopefully it doesn't disappoint! This is the comic blog. I thought that I'd create this so that I could tag any users I'd 'used' within the comic, but also to thank users and also share my inspiration for the strips that I create.

So, first off, I'd like to thank everyone for the overwhelming response I had to the comic thread. For those that don't know, before I put users in the strip, I ask for permission as I know some users might not want to be put in it. The thread is located here, so if you're interested in being in a future issue, just post there, there is no deadline. Just as I thought I'd get one or two users posting there, expressing their interest, soon I was on page 2 and 3. So thank you for the interest!

I was worried with this comic, because when I did this before, I had a clear idea of how I wanted the comic to go. This time I wanted it to be different and unique to here. I didn't want it to appear that I was copying the exact same idea as before. Funny story really, because I had a few ideas, but nothing in stone. No story line and I was worried. I was flying home from France after Christmas and seeing my family. I hate flying and have a ritual and a movie to watch, to calm me down. Well, my movie wouldn't work. I panicked. And thank God that I at least had my sketchbook and pencils on me. So... I worked on the comic.

I started off with a couple of slide ideas. I wanted to feature the site starting up, and the Wardens for this issue. And I wanted that alarm. I liked that idea. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted, but I finally came up with this concept. I just want to make it clear that I'm not poking fun at religion or anything like that. I wanted to play with the idea. It was like a light bulb had suddenly gone off and I ran with it.

Having so much interest in the thread, I couldn't use everyone unfortunately. But I will vary the users I use, if I'm using users in future strips. It all depends on the story. But here are the users I've put into this issue. @Tiko @Dashmiel @ArQane @TheZanta @Sentry @CaerBear @Persephone @Aman @Naaz @Birdee10 @Drakel @GoddessLuna @Sway @Gwazi Magnum.

And on that note, I'll end the first blog here. Thank you again, for everyone that has offered support and kind words on this endeavour. I look forward to doing future issues and hope you enjoy them all.

Cream

Last edited:
I wish I could give every Sunday, but unfortunately one a month will have to suffice :p

As somebody who is brand new to this site, this serves to dual purpose of being very cute and cool art to look at, while also teaching me more about the site itself. The design is very unique and detailed. I'll definitely be following this thread now ^^

Back