Ame Damnee The Terrestrial Bay

Alora - Fortune Slave

The Siren smiled lightly as the conversation wrapped up and she received prize for such a simple task. The kiss on her cheek made her hum softly before she caught Cassie by the arm and pulled her against her body for a deeper kiss, “When you have time I would like to show you something,” She told her in her ear before releasing her and giving that plump little rear a smack then heading off to do her own work of getting them moving.

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave - Helm
Tor blinked at the news that Navi had left suddenly. She would never admit it, but she would miss the crazy, drunk navigator. But as crazy as Navi was, at least she had enough sense to listen to the counsel of her friends. Tor'Mur's gaze shifted to the Captain as he went to announce the newest developments to the crew. When he got to the part about the noble girl, Tor's grip on the wheel tightened and her eyes narrowed. She continued to watch him until Z closed the door to his cabin, but her gaze snapped back to the wheel when she heard a loud crack. Tor yanked her hands away from the wheel only to see that the two spokes she was holding had splintered; it was a miracle they hadn't broken entirely.

The First Mate closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead in an effort to keep herself calm. This was shaping up to be a terrible day, and the sun had just barely breached the horizon. Tor stayed like that for a few moments longer as she struggled to keep her boiling rage under control before she finally called for the carpenter to come fix the broken wheel. "HATTIE! Get your butt up here!"

@Isla

Hattie, Cabin Hall to Top Deck

She rolled her eyes as a muffled voice, though quite familiar, resounding throughout the ship. For fucks sake, were things ever going to be soundproof? Hattie grumbled under her breath. "Looks like duty calls. I'll visit you later Bell, hm?" She grinned and gave him a quick wink before going to grab her tools and making her way out into the open. From a distance, she saw that two spokes had been destroyed by Tor's hand. Ugh, did it have to be her? Hattie let out a deep breath and made her way up to the top where the half-orc was. "Another day breaking everything on the ship, huh?" She smirked. "Step aside. Hattie is here to fix all your problems." She placed her tool box down and began searching for the most appropriate tool for the situation.

Cassandra Xilstine - Fortune Slave

The kiss and smack on the ass were all the motivation Cassie needed to get started on her new assignment. She quickly scampered up the rope ladder that Navi had taken her up so many times before and looked out at the large expanse of blue ocean that lay before her. The faery who previously held the post taught her a couple things about navigating, like how to tell which way was north by following where the sun and moon were in the sky, and with her eyes, finding land would be a breeze.

Seeing as they didn't actually have a direction for her to point them in yet she decided to watch Alora work, though really Cassie was just admiring the siren's body. A small smile came to her lips, the previous evening had so many ups and downs but ultimately ended on a high note, and if Alora's "something" that she wanted to show her was pleasant, Cassie suspected the day might hold even more promise.

Cato L'astaer
The Fortune Slave

There was a feeling of wind caressing his cheek. A faint whine.

Cato stirred from his sleep, opening his eyes and rubbing it, looking around. As usual, there was nothing. But his coat hanging in the corner moved as if the wind was blowing through it, even though there was no breeze to be found. He frowned. "Hello?" he called out, confused. Suddenly, the coat fell to the floor. As if someone--- or something--- yanked it forcefully to the ground. Cato's eyes narrowed as he stood and picked it up, looking around suspiciously.

This was not the first time he had encountered this kind of situations. Oftentimes he joked to anyone that would listen to him that he thinks there's a ghost in his room, except he was only half-kidding. The fabric of the coat was cool to his touch. "Fine, fine, I'm going out," he muttered as he glanced at the clock on his bedside table. Oh shit. He had woken up late, slept through most of the day. Hurriedly, he shrugged on his coat and put his gun on his belt, hoping the rest of the crew weren't starving.

As soon as he walked into the kitchen, though, he felt that something was off. There was panic in the eyes of the people that greeted him. A nervous tremble in their hands. On the commotion, he grabbed one of the crew members and demanded. "What's happening? Are we under attack?"

The crew member shook his head vigorously. It was one of the old crew that hated his guts, but it seemed the shock was enough for him to momentarily forget that fact. "It's... the shipwright! I saw it! She suddenly fell down! We need to inform the captain!"

This only confused him even more. Panic engulfed his senses as he shook him. "What? Inform what? What happened to Hattie?"

"Hatvisa... she's dead!"

Zathrian Ellwood (Fortune Slave)

The Captain awoke from his short nap to terrible news. Hatvisa Calvet was dead. After he sent the crewman away he slumped in his chair and pinched the bridge of his nose. How had it all gone so wrong so fast? He asked himself. It had been several days since their raid on the Martell estate, and the blue blood they had found, Mireia, proved to be an utter disappointment. Her uptight and snobbish attitude refused to be dropped in her time on the ship, despite his constant advising her to do so, and eventually he was left with no choice but to throw her overboard, or risk mutiny. By this time, Zathrian had grown sick of her as well, so he gladly forced the idiot noble girl to her doom, feeling utterly foolish for believing such a witless woman could defy her nihilistic nature.

His mind was filled with rage, his head filled with a haze so red it would match his eye. The noble scum proved to be a liar as well, she couldn't read the map, the only person who knew how to read it was her father and there was no way Zathrian was going back on another fool's errand like this. Now with utter failure in his wake, he finds that one of his crew has dropped dead, along with Navi's departure, that makes two dear friends he's lost, one never to return again.

He stormed out of his cabin onto the main deck, shirtless but equipped with his signature sword, Gemini. He saw the still body of Hatvisa, prone before him with a medic overlooking her. "Cap'n, looks ta me like it be poison." As the medic said this, Z's eye flashed and the poor medic's body was flown over to railing using his telekinesis. "ALL HANDS ON DECK!!! NOW!!" Zathrian shouted with enough force that it was possible ships 100 yards away could hear him. Someone was going to die for this, Zathrian would see to it himself.

Cassandra Xilstine (Fortune Slave - Crow's Nest)

Z's shout immediately woke Cass from the nap she was taking up in the Crow's nest. She'd managed to set up a makeshift workshop up there to work on her enchantments while navigating and all seemed to be well, that is, until the Captain called for all hands on deck, a violence to his voice like she'd never heard before. She quickly and silently scrambled down the ladder to the deck to see what was going on.

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave
Tor'Mur was rudely awakened by the Captain shouting on deck. As far as she could tell, there was no battle going on; no cannons, no gunfire. What could he possibly want? Tor grumbled under her breath as she snagged Little Buddy from the corner and made her way up deck to see what was going on. The sight that greeted her was, needless to say, unexpected.

It only took a few seconds for the word to spread through the thick crowd what had happened. Hattie was dead, and someone had poisoned her. Tor didn't waste time pushing her way to the front until she was finally beside Z, where she scowled at the corpse lying before them. The First Mate was more than used to seeing dead bodies, so that much naturally didn't bother her. What was strange was seeing one of the crew dead in this context. Alone. Body virtually unscathed. Even if Tor had never been particularly fond of the woman, she still wasn't quite sure how to react. She should have felt something. But she didn't. Staring at the body there, she didn't feel anything at all.

Cato L'astaer
The Fortune Slave

As soon as the crew member said that, he heard the Captain bellow from above. "ALL HANDS ON DECK! NOW!"

Oh, boy. This can't be good.
he thought to himself as he released the man and started on his way up. In the ship, Cato had always been the loner. He was not particularly close with anyone else here, not since the mutiny. Regardless, the words still ran on his ears. Hatvisa... dead. It was such a strange, surreal thing to realize that the woman he had been teasing from the party was gone now. While it didn't give him the feeling of void and emptiness as Piper's death did, it was still a dreadful feeling to lose a comrade. A part of the crew.

As he walked up to the deck to see the girl's fallen body, he did not need to know the medic's judgement to see what could have happened. It was clear as day. Poison. Without realizing it, he already walked closer to the source of the commotion, almost dazedly, as if he couldn't believe his eyes. "Is there... a traitor on the ship?" he murmured, almost to himself.

Last edited:
Eirik Crow - Fortune Slave

An eye slowly cracked open as he glared at the hit of sunlight that snuck its way in under his forearm that rested over his eyes. At what point he fell asleep he was unsure. The air of distraught was what woke him more than the shout the captain gave. People were dying and missing… Heavens knew what else. Ruby red eyes locked on the captain ready to throw the man over board at just the thought of him using that power of his again. Reaching for his pipe he sat up and leaned against the railing.

Alora - Fortune Slave

The siren was busy checking riggings and knots when the captain’s voice caused her to do something she swore she hadn’t done before. The knot in her hand came loose with a snap while she was left holding the joint cleat she had been securing it to the working end of the rope flung upwards caught her across the face while the rope heavy with a sandbag whipped loose from the sets of pulleys it had been strung through so they could move things about the deck.

The impact of the rope had caused her to sink like a rock to her knees as she tried to quickly regain her composure so she could keep others from being injured by the flailing rope. In after much effort she got her magic to pull on the rope to halt its overall movement. Alora’s ears rang as she let the rope drop gently to the deck then moved to sit down. Blood poured from a cut from her chin to her left temple. Her eye was swelling. Taking a few deep breaths she wiped at the blood before standing to stalk over to the elf that caused her to become injured. She did something she never thought she would do.

Livid she jerked her fist back quickly and let it fly she aimed to knock the man out if not at least on his ass. Never before had she been injured to the extent she was in right now by rope. But then again no one yelled like that around the ship. Excuses or not he didn’t have a right to take his rage out on the members of the Fortune Slave.

Captain Zathrian Ellwood (Fortune Slave)

Zathrian could see that Alora intended to punch him as soon as she approached. Using his eye he froze her body mid swing, aiming his sword at her throat. "You'd best watch yourself, Alora. I'm on fucking edge right now, and I'd hate to have to cut down a friend just because she got startled. Help fix up that cut of hers." He ordered to the medic that he had thrown on the wall, his eyes giving him an apology for that earlier action.

He turned his attention back to the rest of the crew, his eyes filled with genuine rage. He heard Cato's murmur and addressed the crew with a harshness that very few allies of his had seen. "That would be the only explanation that makes sense, wouldn't it, Cato?" He was pacing, his mind in a frenzy as he tried to gain his composure. "Twenty years... twenty years, I've been leading you curs and there hasn't been a single incident. Now, not even two days after we rid ourselves of that pesky noble shit, I find one of my crew, dead!"

He looked amongst each member of the crew. "WHO DID THIS TO HATVISA!!?? STEP FORWARD, NOW!!" No one moved. There was a mixture of fear and concern in the eyes of his crew, he couldn't blame them. "Well then, since the traitor has made the coward's choice, we'll just have to narrow down the list of suspects. So tell me, who on this ship would be familiar with poisons. Any suggestions?"

Cassandra Xilstine (Fortune Slave)

Z was legitimately starting to scare Cassie as she rushed over to Alora's side with the medic once the captain released her. Putting a comforting hand on her shoulder while she watched Zathrian interrogate the crew. What's come over him? She thought. As his last question hung in the air, Cass spoke up nervously. "W-well it would have to be the cooks right? They're the only ones who could poison someone unnoticed right?"

Z looked at her with indifference, sarcasm in his tone as he responded. "Well done, Cassie. So what I want is for all of the cooks to step forward. We're figuring out who killed Hattie, right now. Their punishment for killing one of our own, will be death!!"

Eirik Crow - Fortune Slave

Poison? The giant moved towards the body. There were a few things that he was good at. Identifying poisons was one of them. Sadly he had a feeling this was a poisoning that only came from one source. Alcohol.

Alora - Fortune Slave

Alora’s head spun slightly. Damn if it wasn’t one thing after another. The medic was stuck stitching her face while she glared at the back of the captain. Oh she would be taking that bloody bastard for a swim just to remind him of the one reason it was a bad idea to piss off the only rigger on the ship. Her eyes were like that of her people at the moment the black pupils nearly taking up all the blue iris and pushing it out so the whites of her eyes were less visible.

Cassie was clearly worried about her injuries so she let her fuss over her for now. After all she needed to learn to let others in to begin with. The cooks, the medics, and a few other people would know how to make poisons. Even Eirik would.

Cato L'astaer
The Fortune Slave

Cato frowned... and sighed heavily. The cooks. Great, just great. The ship only has three people you can consider as "cooks": Cato himself, and two other green lads that he pesters every now and then to help in the preparation. He gave Cassie a small evil eye, not liking the fact that they are jumping to conclusions so easily. He stepped up, giving Z a disapproving look. "Captain," he said the words with emphasis, almost in a challenging manner. "Don't let your temper get ahead of you. If it was poisoned, anyone could have slipped it in her food. Not just us cooks. Admittedly, I was in sleeping in my bed all morning..." he trailed off and grumbled. "Not much of an alibi, is it?"

One of the crew members laughed, looking at him with an unbelieving smirk. "You never wake up late. You want us to believe that the one morning you slept in is the same one morning Hatvisa is found dead?"

Cato's expression darkened, clearly irritated. If there was anything he didn't like, it was being accused of something he's never done. He pulled out Windbreaker from its holster and pointed the gun at the guy with a sweet smile. "I was piss drunk. Believe me or not, I don't care. If I am put to death for this, you'd just love that, won't you? Now shut the fuck up unless you want me to make another dead body in this deck."

The guy paled as he looked away, and Cato regarded the captain once again. "As I said, I had nothing against Hatvisa. I'd have no reason to kill her. It's not me."

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave
Tor's eyes flicked away from Hatvisa's body, which apparently no one had thought to take care of while the conversation was going on. She felt at peace with the whole situation, which was strange, because Tor never felt at peace even under normal circumstances. The First Mate watched passively for a few minutes as the rest of the crew started throwing about accusations before she kneeled down and closed Hatvisa's eyes. She wasn't exactly known for honoring the dead, but when it came to the crew, at the very least they deserved a proper burial.

Tor's head snapped up when she heard the cock of a gun and she scowled. She climbed to her feet again, stepping over the body in front of her and approached Cato. "Put that gun down," she snarled. "It's a well known fact that you like to slip things into people's food when they get on your bad side. What's to say one of your little pranks didn't go wrong, hm?"

Goodness knows she had been subjected to his little jokes on more than one occasion. The fact that he had been First Mate before her just felt like rubbing salt into the wound.

Cassie watched as the crew continued to bicker, most of the accusations being thrown towards Cato, who wasn't doing a very good job of proving his innocence. Cassie knew better than to suspect him though. "I can vouch for Cato being drunk last night. Caught a glimpse of him when I took a break from nothing but ocean and saw him completely plastered. I doubt he'd have been able to make a poison the way he was."

She glanced back at Alora, her laceration just about stitched up and saw the black starting to overtake her eyes. The half elf gave the siren a subtle shoulder massage and whispered soothingly into her ear. "It's ok, Alora. I'm sure the captain never meant for you to get hurt. Everyone's just really on edge right now, best not to add wood to the fire, yeah?"

Captain Zathrian Ellwood - Fortune Slave

The captain could finally feel the anger starting to leave him, his head cleared of the red fog that clouded his emotions. He kept his intimidating presence, but it was clear to the crew that not only was the captain pissed, he was now able to clearly assess every one of them. "I trust Cassie's eyes. As far as I can tell, Cato has a strong alibi." Now that was a word the captain hadn't used in a while. Seems the noble girl's mannerisms rubbed off on him a bit more than he thought.

"Which makes the person accusing him a prime suspect. So tell me, crewman Laker, can anyone confirm your actions last night?" The cook who'd accused Cato, Daniel Laker, was drained of color when the captain turned his attention to him. "O-of course. C-crow can back me up, can't you? He came down to the kitchen to clean his pipe again. Right Crow?" The cook babbled desperately.

Eirik Crow- Fortune Slave

The large man barely listened to the bickering as he move over to the body of the now departed woman. He patted Tor on the shoulder to ask for her to move so he might take a look. Sitting down he started at the head of the woman lifting an eyelid he looked it over and hummed slightly. He tried to push he jaw open only to find it stiff and unable to move.

He took a draw from his pipe as he set his gave on the man who was all but begging for his attention, "I did go to the Gally to clean my pipe stem which had been packed with salt," those scarlet eyes stared at the man, "Tell me would you know what Ruby Shade does when added to rum? It causes instant kidney failure. You see if I had to guess I would have said she died of liver failure. Any ways I'm the only person on this ship with that particular plant in a dried form. As when used on my kind it works as a sedative. Cato and I have talked a lot about the herbs I use. But I never told him it was a poison. Aren't you from the northern region like myself?"

This man before him was one he hadn't trusted and avoided, "Didn't like that she turned you down did you? What a useless weak man. I hate your sort with a passion unlike any other. Perhaps I should kill you as you did her..."

Alora - Fortune Slave

Alora wasn't relaxing anytime soon if anything she would have her word with the captain as soon as possible. Eirik stating facts drew her attention. His large frame made Hattie look even smaller. His words caused her pause though.

Cato L'astaer
The Fortune Slave

Cato frowned at the First Mate's accusation, realizing how his innocent pranks had come to bite him now. He did place his gun back on its holster, but not without giving Tor a glare. Hell, he was irritated. And the more he thought about it, the more he realized it wasn't really because he was being accused. It was more on the idea that another crew member was murdered because of some cheap, pathetic reason. Like what happened to Piper, so long ago, on this same ship. What's with death and shipwrights? Who's going to take care of the ship now? Unbelievable.

He felt a shift of wind carress his cheek, almost soothingly. He took a deep breath and sighed heavily. "I grew up in Oblitus, Tor'Mur. I knew damn well the dangers of nature; that without proper caution, plants and herbs can be either sustenance or deadly poison. I know what I put in my food. These accidents you speak of are beneath me." He then gave Eirik a concerned look. "Ruby Shade... huh." he gave Laker a cold look. "I see. So it's you..."

He took a threatening step toward him. Daniel seemed to get a little more panicked now, his eyes shifting between the dead body and the crew. "I... I didn't! It's not me, I swear!" he muttered desperately, grasping at straws. Cato, however, already looked uninterested to what he has to say. He glanced over at Z. "Captain. Permission to kill?"

Zathrian's eyes never left Laker, even as Crow and Cato spoke around him. "Permission denied, Cato. This man thought he could come onto my ship, earn my trust, and repay me by killing one of my crew?! The only person who gets to kill this worthless pile of shit is me." He said as he slowly advanced on the accused. Laker began to stumble backwards as the crew made way for their captain, tripping into the back wall as Zathrian grabbed the cook's throat with his left hand, readying Gemini with his right.

"Cap'n, I-I'm sorry... I wont act... up again. I p-promise." Laker choked out. But Zathrian's only response was to thrust his sword through the man's abdomen. He let the sword sit there for a moment as he looked Laker in the eyes, watching him writhe in pain. "Nobody. Kills. My crewmates." With that he ripped the sword down Laker's body, exiting through the groin area, allowing the contents of the cook's insides to fall out on the floor.

He looked down at the dead man, not even flinching at all the blood and guts that were spilling out onto the deck of the ship. "Let that be a lesson to anyone else who thinks they can try and kill each other here." He said, venom coated in every word he said. "Cabin boy, clean this shit up and throw this fucker off my ship. Someone prep Hattie for a funeral, we'll send her off the right way tonight. Tor, I need to talk to you. My cabin, now." He said as he stalked into his room, leaving the door open for Tor to follow.

Cassie moved quickly on the captain's orders, trying to flip Hattie's body over so she could hook onto the body better. She wasn't very strong so it proved more difficult then expected. "Crow, can lend a girl a hand, please?" She asked as politely as she could through gritted teeth while trying to lift the dead carpenter.

Eirik Crow -Fortune Slave

The large male moved to a kneeling position and carefully slipped his hands under the knees and shoulders of the corpse before him at the request of the much smaller Cassandra. The two hadn't ever chatted that he could recall. He cradled the body to his chest like one might a child who was merely sleeping and waited for Cassie to tell him where to go. After all the difference in their species made her the possible customs for burial become greater than one. His kind held little regard for the dead after all a body was vessel the soul wore like armor till they reached the gateway that lead to the next world. So a dead body was often left to rot in the place it dropped dead at.

He understood things were different with every other sort of being. Some buried the dead in respect for the soul. While others burned the body so the soul couldn't return from the next land without being reborn.

Alora - Fortune Slave

The siren sighed heavily as she stood and moved away from the gore. It wasn't something she could ever care for. Blood stained after all.

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave
Tor shot one quick glare at Cato before following after the captain. She still didn't trust that man; it was only a matter of time before he slipped up, and she was determined to be there when it happened.

"I'm surprised you actually managed to tolerate so much blood," Tor'Mur commented with a hint of a smirk as she entered the captain's cabin. "Been practicing?"

None of it had bothered her of course. She was born and raised around such violence, doused in blood before she even reached adulthood.

She was grateful that Eirik was able to pick up Hattie by himself, that would've been murder on her arms and back. She patted him on the back and gave a smile of thanks and then looked over to Cato. "Yoohoo! Cato, could you come here too?" She waited for the cook to approach her before she spoke again. "Look, I know that most of the other crew might be suspicious because of past events or whatever, but I knew you didn't do it, so I want you to know I've got your back. I also wanted to ask, what did the Captain mean by 'prepare for a funeral' none of the crew have actually died on the ship in my time here so I'm not exactly sure what to do." She said rubbing the back of her neck in embarrassment.

Z slumped down into his chair, looking a bit worn out after that entire affair. At Tor's teasing, he looked at her with cold eyes. "No, I just didn't give a shit anymore. For once, I actually wanted to see what the insides of a person looked like outside of their body." He let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his luscious black hair. "First the noble girl completely wastes our time, rendering her map useless, then my navigator takes off, and now one of my fucking cooks kills one of my fucking carpenters! Things are going to shit, and we're stuck in the middle of the ocean with no bloody purpose."

He leaned forward and softened his gaze towards her, his best friend. "I never apologized, did I? For what I said to you the night we got that girl, saying she could be useful. You were absolutely right about her, and yet there was some part of me that thought she could walk the path I did, rising from an abused and unloved noble to something great. But then how could she have? She didn't have a friend as reliable as you watching her back and helping her steer clear of trouble. Thanks for that, Tor, and I'm sorry I was so harsh to you that night."

Back