Ame Damnee The Terrestrial Bay

Cato L'astaer
The Fortune Slave

Cato made an annoyed expression. He evidently wasn't pleased that he wasn't the one who got Laker's head. This annoyance was sent over to Cassie as she told him how she got his back. Yeah, right. "W-well it would have to be the cooks right? They're the only ones who could poison someone unnoticed right?" he muttered, making a not so good impression of her, pertaining to how she so easily jumped to conclusions to blame the whole thing on the cooks. "Well, thank you, Cassandra, very helpful." he said as he hit her head softly with his fist. "Way to get me in the line of fire, hm? Some friend you are."

He sighed. He wasn't really all that mad at her, but he was sulking. Hell, he had the right to sulk. When she asked about the funeral though, his expression softened. "I don't know either. It's the first time one of us died on board since Z came into power. The last crew..." his expression darkened. "... they don't have much of a decency to send off the dead. Piper, the shipwright before Hattie, she..." he hesitated. "They just tossed her over to the ocean to become fish food. End of story."

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave - Captain's Cabin
Tor crossed her arms and leaned against the wall, raising an eyebrow at Z. "Apparently you and I remember the past very differently. From my accounts, you were the one getting me into trouble." She smiled slightly at the memory before continuing, "We're not out here without a purpose; we never are. When in doubt, pillage and plunder, raise hell, and get rich, right? We don't need some stupid map to do any of that." It was disappointing though; they had all had a lot of hopes riding on that mysterious island. To have it all suddenly snatched away was a strain on everyone; no wonder a murder had occurred. There was a seed of guilt there, residing in her gut. A small part of Tor wondered if she hadn't said anything perhaps they would be well on their way to the island by now. However, a much larger part of Tor was pleased to be rid of that little noble brat and her pretentious ways. Regardless, she opted not to react to Zathrian's apology at the moment. There would be a time to gloat later, but now was clearly not that time.

"Now quit making me be the optimist here. You know I prefer to be the voice of negativity," she added.

Cassandra Xilstine - Fortune Slave

Cassandra pouted as Cato laid into her with his terrible impression. She realized she put him in the line of fire with that statement, but she was right in the end, wasn't she? One of the cooks did actually kill Hattie, and she tried to redeem him as well which she was happy to remind him of. "Looks like somebody forgot that I vouched for you being too drunk to commit the murder, surely that makes up for things a little bit, right?"

She looked at poor Hattie, still nestled in Eirik's arms, she never got along with the Carpenter, but Cassie did respect her at the end of the day, it was sad to see her killed with such indignity. "Welp, if no one has any ideas, I guess we should do it like a funeral on land, clean her up, put her in her finest clothes, I'm not too sure about making a coffin, but at least giving her something to lay on might help. What do you two think?" She asked her male companions.

Zathrian Ellwood - Fortune Slave

He finally cracked a smile, a small chuckle escaping his lips as Tor went on. "I know, you're right. I just figured I'd never have to deal with one of my own people betraying us." After they overthrew the old captain, Z always made sure to treat the crew well and with respect, he thought that it was more than enough to keep them happy and helped to build camaraderie, apparently he was wrong.

He stood and gave her a nod. "I'll get over it though. Last thing we need right now is a moping Captain bringing the entire ship down, that's your job, as you said." He joked, referring to her 'Voice of Negativity' statement. "Seriously though. Thanks, Tor. Thanks for sticking with me through thick and thin. I don't know what I'd do without you." He put a grateful hand on her shoulder before giving it a nice hard smack. "Now let's set Hattie off to rest and get back to doing what we do best, huh?" He said, his trademark smile back on his face.

Eirik Crow - Fortune Slave

The giant gave a slight shrug, “My kind burn their dead.” He explained lightly as he carried the woman towards the stairs that lead down into the belly of the ship.

Alora - Fortune Slave

Sighing the siren came over to the little trio. What was hers was being hogged as far as she was concerned. Snuggling around Cassie she rested her chin on her shoulder, “I will handle it. It’s something my kind are good at. The ocean is place where one returns to what they originally were. Plus you shouldn’t have to deal with a dead body.”

Cato L'astaer
The Fortune Slave

Cato sighed at Cassie's retort. "Fair enough. I guess I was just a little miffed of another crew member dying for a reason so petty. If Zathrian insisted I did it, I would have had enough and decided to sink this whole crew with me. I would have thought none of you all deserve the ship Piper and Hattie took care of if you all can't spare one second to think clearly." He was serious. He decided to leave it at that.

"Well, I wouldn't know anything about funerals. My dad and I traveled a lot, never really stuck around much to see the entirety of funeral rites. I've seen a lot of corpses of children when I was younger, they just throw all their limbs and guts with their heads on a pile and bury it wherever, but I guess that wasn't a humane way to get rid of the dead." he scratched his head, nonchalantly, as if he wasn't just talking about something so horrible. It was only after he said it that he realized he never really did share much about himself on this ship, no one really knew much about what he went through before he got here. He silently wondered if he's said too much, but decided to let that go.

Cassie smiled as she felt the familiar figure of Alora snuggling around her body. "Great, thanks a ton, Alora. I'll help however I can. Also Cato, no worries, but have a little more faith in Z than that. True, we saw I side of him that I've never seen before today, but I'm sure he was just as stressed as you were, possibly more. Try and cheer up, ok?" She gave him a caring smile before moving her arm around Alora's waist. "Now lets give Hattie the send off she deserves."

Alora- Fortune Slave

Alora lead Eirik over to the ship's side and requested he and Cassie wait there for her as she scampered up to her loft of nets. It took a little time but she found the things she needed before returning a red box with a blue carved stone in the top. The stone looked like a wave crashing in on itself. Setting the box down she waved for both of them to move. With them safely out of the way she placed the box between herself and the woman's dead body.

Her blue eyes rested on the woman as she lifted her left hand above the box and held the other up as one about to pray, "Salt of the earth, devoured by water, devoured by sand. Guardian of the sky, Guardian of the seas, Guardian of the earth. Open gates soul, heart, mind. Oh mother guide this soul to the other side to dwell in your home of endless joy," As the chant began the box's carved stone took on a pale blue glow before splitting open to allow long strips of white cloth to slip out and surround the woman's body. Once completely surround and contained a blue mark appeared over the face forming into simple blue mask that covered the face, "She's ready for when everyone is gathered to drop her over the side."

Eirik -Fortune Slave

The frost giant did as he was told without worry of what would happen. As he sat down behind the siren he found himself amazed that she had gained a death box. It was a rare item among his kind and he imagined even more so among the creators of them the sirens. From what he knew of the woman she didn't grow up among her kind. Most Sirens didn't. Her skill with it was amazing.

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave
Tor gave a smile when Zathrian patted her on the shoulder. It wasn't a pretty smile - nothing Tor ever did was pretty - but it was sincere. At the very least, it felt nice to be appreciated, especially after their argument a few days ago. Having done her duty, Tor'Mur had nothing more to say. She followed Z out the door so they could finally put Hattie to rest.

Z stepped out onto the main deck to see Alora using magic to wrap Hattie up white cloth with a blue mask over her face. "Is she ready?" At Alora's nod he gave her a smile of appreciation before calling the whole crew together.

"We're here to mourn the loss of our dear friend, Hatvisa Calvet. Her fiery temper and excitable personality gave a life to this ship that will be sorely missed, and though she may have rubbed some the wrong way, she was always a well respected ally of the Fortune Slave. Rest well, Hattie, and know that we have avenged your murder." With that he personally lifted her up and dropped her over the side to rest among the water.

"Take this time tonight to mourn however you need. For tomorrow, we return to business." Zathrian ordered before moving to the stern of the ship near the wheel and looking out at the vast expanse of the sea.

As the crew began to disperse, she wrapped her arm around Alora's shoulders and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you for doing that, love." She said as she gazed into the Siren's beautiful eyes.

Eirik- Fortune Slave

The giant lit his pipe as he settled in against the railing. His ruby colored eyes gazed out over the sea. Some part of him was happy he wasn't feeling as sick as usual.

Alora- Fortune Slave

The siren turned her gaze from the sea to the woman who curled herself around her and thanked her for doing what came natural to her. She kissed her on the forehead gently as she looped her own arms around the smaller woman, "I did my job," She admitted as she glanced at the box where she had left it, "Hopefully I won't have to do that much more if at all."

It pained her slightly to bury the dead. It was as if she was sending some part of herself off with them. Her kind would find the body and devour it till nothing was left. In this respect it was a way she allowed them to understand they weren't alone in the world even if they had lost themselves to the darker side of their nature.

Vagri- Deck of Fortune Slave
After she ran from New Eden, she met the coast and call the largest cloud she could to carry her over the vast ocean. She probably would die before she met land but it was something different then from what awaiting her back in New Eden...vengeful criminals. It took hours before she spotted a small brown spot in the water far ahead of her. She was exhausted and felt like she was going to pass out at any moment but she was getting closer to it.

Vagri fell out of the sky towards the ship, smacking into the crow's nests before she thudded on the deck of the ship, almost unconscious and barely breathing. "Help." she groaned out, reaching her hand out to the air. It seemed like she was frozen for a minute before she slumped to the ground, fully unconscious.

The sound of flesh smacking the deck shook Z from his thoughts, looking down at the deck he saw an angel reaching out before falling limp. "Son of a whore. MEDIC!!" He called out to his crew. "GET THIS WOMAN HELP NOW!!" He saw the doctors rush into action at his orders, carrying the woman below deck to administer some healing aids to her. He looked about at the crew, most of them looking as confused as he was. "Crow, I want you on guard when she wakes up, just in case she's dangerous. Cato, if she's a friendly sort, make her something to eat. Let me know when she's wake and we'll find out who she is."

Z swiftly dealt with the issue of the angel's appearance, whereas it took Cassie a little longer to recover from the shock of that woman falling from the sky. There was too much crazy stuff happening on this ship. She just wanted some peace. "Shall we retire to my spot or yours tonight, love?" She whispered into Alora's ear.

Eirik - Fortune Slave

The giant had just relaxed completely only to have a loud crash snap him completely out of it and nearly drop his pipe thankfully all he lost was his cherry to the churning white froth below. He gave a sigh as he turned to glare where the captain was now shouting for a medic. His annoyance was only ebbed by the fact that he saw the body of a very beautiful woman. His services were quickly called upon by the captain in which he stood and made his way over to the lass. The way her body was twisted couldn't be comfortable so he adjusted her form. All the while his pipe was held between his teeth. Once she was reasonably comfortable he sent someone to fetch the blanket from his bunk downstairs.

With nothing better to do he glanced her over admiring her beauty even the scratch across her cheek. What a shame she had something so ugly on her ivory flesh. Pulling out a pinch of herbs he stuffed the bowl of his pipe the fished for a match box in his cloak. Finding it he took a match out scratched it across the railing then lit his pipe before tossing the match over the railing into the sea. Once the blanket was brought up he covered her up and sat down near by to keep an eye on her. He had little doubt that she was much of a threat.

Alora - Fortune Slave

The siren glared at the angel before pointing to her loft, "Mine at least that way we can drown the next thing that falls on the ship."

She was tired to say the least and hated changes to the flow of the day. She kissed Cassie on the neck then moved towards the ladder that would take them up to her nest of ropes. Sleep sounded good and they were safe from running into things out here in the wide open sea.

Last edited:
Cato L'astaer
The Fortune Slave

With Hattie's body dealt with, things are turning back to its usual pace, at least until the angel fell out of the sky. "Oh, for Aditi's sake." he cursed under his breath as he walked to see what has happened, and was around just in time to hear the Captain's orders on how to deal with the woman.

She was beautiful. Her face was gentle, only marred with the presence of the cut on her cheek. Her hair flowed like water underneath her. How or why she had fallen out of the sky, he had no idea, but one thing was clear, it was evident in the expression in her sleep that she's experienced great distress before she passed out. Did she fly over us? That seemed to be the only explanation, but he couldn't quite see whether or not she has wings.

"Aye, aye, captain." he told Z, letting the medics take care of the woman as he went back below decks to cook. He mulled over what to make. Something to warm her insides, with medicinal herbs to energize and fix her right up. Right, That sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:
Cassandra Xilstine - The Fortune Slave

Cassie followed Alora up the ladder to Alora's perch. Gazing out on the view of the ocean she had from up there, she noticed yet another oddity. A ship, fully intact except for the sails, floating adrift on the sea. "Hey, Alora. Check that out." She pointed in the direction of the ship. Scouting with her enhanced eyes, she could see that there were a number of skeletons and rotting corpses left on the deck of the ship. The sight was horrifying, yet in this gruesome display, she saw an opportunity.

"I'm gonna tell Z about this really quick, and then I'll be right back." She kissed Alora's nose and crawled across her bed to face the deck. "Captain! We have a ship dead ahead, the sails are destroyed and the crew's been dead for a while but other than that, it's prime for the taking!" She called out. Once her job was done, she laid down on the netting, inviting Alora to join her. "It's been a while since we've had some alone time."

Zathrian Ellwood - The Fortune Slave

At Cassandra's call, Zathrian smiled. "Excellent work, Cassie! Men, get the boarding ladders ready, we've got a ship to raid!" He found Tor on the deck. "An abandoned ship in the middle of the ocean. Wanna come explore it with me?" He asked, an adventurous smile on his face, reminiscent of a younger Zathrian, who sought adventure around every turn.

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave
"First a murder, then people falling from the sky, and now we come across a ship full of dead people." Tor leaned her head back and gave a long sigh before she gave the captain a glare. "Fine. But if I don't get to shoot something soon, you owe me a bottle."

It didn't take long for Vagri to come back to her senses. Letting the sounds and smells of her surroundings flow over her she tried to remember where she had landed. Ocean. Wood. A boat...no, a ship. Her eyes opened as she lifted herself up, studying the people around her. "I'm sorry." She said quietly, shuffling away from the people on board. "I'll take my leave immediately."

Eirik

The large male stared down at the woman as she started to wake seeing her trying to slip away made him smirk slightly around the mouth piece of his pipe at her, "You should rest more, little one," He informed her lightly, "I'm not sure how you got all the way out here but you a miles and miles from the nearest land there is another ship that it seems some members are about to board. I'm surely not stepping foot where the dead linger. I advise you don't either. He was glad they were boarding from the other side of the ship, "Thirsty? I'm sure Cato is making you something to eat. Here."

He held a silver and leather flask out to the woman. He remained seat in an effort to make his horned form to appear less menacing. The Jotun knew all too well that most people who had never seen or heard of his kind found them unnerving and even frightening.

Alora

Gave a sigh as she had to get up and fix the sails to keep them from drifting away from the dead in the water ship. Some part of her wished Cassie hadn't noticed the foreboding inducing craft. Once done she plopped down then drew the woman tight to her own body. The world shimmered and went out of focus causing her to growl then sit over the other woman, "Wanna see my world?" She asked softly.

Her blue eyes would seem a little dull in color showing the sight sign the siren needed to return to the sea. She wanted to go with someone for once.

Cassie actually turned a little pink in the face at Alora's request. She then gave a playful giggle. "You're just wanting an excuse to get me naked, aren't you?" She teased before sitting up and kissing Alora's forehead. "I'd love too. Just make sure I don't drown, ok love?" She'd never seen a siren's home before and wasn't sure how long she'd be underwater for. She was nervous, but excited that Alora wanted to be joined by her.

He laughed at Tor's statement. "If anyone's still alive on that ship, be my guest." Suddenly he heard the sound of a groggy person getting off of the deck. Sure enough, the girl who'd crashed onto his ship was up and shuffling towards the edge. He moved over to the woman and made a calming gesture.

"Easy now. You're not in any danger from us. We want to get you back in top shape, then learn a bit about you. I'm Zathrian Ellwood, Captain of this ship. You just sit tight and let my crew take care of you, and then once I'm back from this little expedition, we'll here your story." With that, he bowed and moved across the boarding ladders with Tor and some other crew members.

The ship seemed to reek of the dead, but as Cassie said, everything except the sails was intact. He made a note that the heads of all the men above deck seemed to have their heads caved in. "Odd how everyone seemed to be killed by a blow to the head of some kind." He noted. "Tor, let's search the lower deck. The rest of you move these corpses off the ship." Some of the men groaned at the disgusting task, but went about their orders quickly and efficiently.

Moving below deck, the smell of rotten flesh mingled with rotten food. It smelled as if the place had been abandoned for months, yet the walls and floors had suffered barely any damage, except for surface dents where swords might've impacted with the wood. "There was definitely a fight here. But a raid would've damaged the hull more, and a mutiny would've still had crew on board. What the hell happened here?" He asked out loud to Tor.

Vagri glanced at the male before her before nodding and taking the flask from him. She took a small sip before chugging most of the flask's content, not realizing how thirsty she really was. "Thank you. I flew here, well, on a cloud. I had to get away from New Eden." she sighed before looking over at the other ship. "Where the dead linger...The dead linger everywhere, no matter where you are. Some say death is finality. After you die there is nothing after that, just your body laying in it's resting spot. Bloated and rotting away as if you never had dreams or goals, just a sack of flesh on the ground; waiting for the insects and birds to make your corpse a meal for them and their family. Your soul lives on, becoming corrupt overtime as you wait for a damn goddess to bring you to Paradise. Bullshit." she spoke as she handed the flask back to Eirik. "Forgive me, just spouting nonsense. Thank you again..um...sir."

Back