The Things That Stir In The Night [1x1]

romamaro

Originally started on another site.

Ms. Julianna Marsh - the headmaster of Lerror Academy. A Manananggal. (romamaro)
Elizabeth - A twelve year old girl. Was stabbed to death after being kidnapped and starved for multiple days and then became a black-eyed child. A thief and a murderer. (romamaro)
Tia - A possessed girl that is being tracked by Ms. Marsh. Can transform into a leapord-rattlesnake demon. (jannistory19)
Kimiko - A fifteen year old Jorōgumo. Dresses in a geisha fashion. (romamaro)
Clement - A living, life-size Voodoo Doll looking around the age of fourteen. Has a bag full of small voodoo dolls. His soul is that of a young teenager who died in 1668 from the Black Plague. (romamaro)
Eva - A seventeen year old cannibalistic mermaid who can separate her legs and retract her sharp teeth to look like a normal girl. (romamaro)
Connor - A teenage boy that can make people see their worst fear through eye contact. (jannistory19)
Leah - A teenage girl that can shapeshift through her shadow. (jannistory19)
Victoria, Diana, Shyanna and Myrtle - Eva's four younger sisters. (both)
Hannah - Leah's younger sister.

Tia was semi asleep when she sensed something in the forest. With a small hiss, the creature flicked her tail a little harder, her tail sounding like a slowly shaken maraca. The demon in her dispersed a shockwave of energy to make Tia more alert, which made Tia hiss loudly and in irritation as she flipped to her belly.

"Must you do that?" Tia asked annoyingly. With a stuck out tongue, Tia lifted her head in the warm air, slightly picking up the scent of an intruder.... And they were in her territory... If there was anything that Tia was aggressive for it was for the things that she claimed to be hers. Whether it was her territory, her hood, or more especially, her cave. She'd fought off wolves for this land, and anything else that thought they could come at her was going to get another thing coming.

She jumped off her cave outer-cropping to land on her feet, opening her mouth to flex her sharp hypodermic fangs. After a few seconds, she figured it would be better to be a human in the case it was a human coming her way, and backed away into her cave to change back to her human form. With a low growl, the half-demon stepped to the mouth of the cave, only to sense the intruder to be closer than she thought. Tia sniffed the air as she growled lower, muttering demonic phrases as she searched for the intruder.

Elizabeth was just beginning to drift off when she began to hear scuffling sounds. She faded in and out of sleep for a few moments, having missed the maraca sounds. She heard what the girl said to her demon, but mistook it for her malfunctioning telepathy voices (such a thing happened a lot; when she was alone, and hadn't used her telepathy for a while, her own thoughts fired themselves back at her). She only moved when she heard a slight streeeeetch...

She opened her eyes, and despite her cold skin, her fight or flight pulsed manically through her veins. She shuffled slightly to free up her hands, which she had been sitting on. She heard sniffing, but she could see the person's silhouette. She covered her eyes and forced herself to cry. "P-p-please, l-leave me alone..." she sobbed. Just as always, her acting was immaculate.

Tia growled when she heard crying, and quickly turned her gaze to her right; her eyes- which had quickly grew accustomed to the darkness- spotted a little girl immediately, which startled her at first. Where did she come from? How was she able to come here? Tia stopped her growling and slowly walked up to the crying girl, immediately feeling bad for how frightened she sounded.

"Aww don't cry little one.... Are you hurt? Are you lost?" Tia asked softly. She sat down in front of Elizabeth and crossed her legs as well, her face the most friendly she'd done since she left her old home. However, an other another shockwave of demonic energy pulsed through Tia's body, making her grunt a little as she closed her eyes. She hated it when the demon did that; she never knew what it wanted when it did that. She honestly thought it was a way to cause more discomfort, but she couldn't tell.

Elizabeth heard a growl. She cowered into herself. If it was an animal, it would be easy for her to make eye contact and force it up on top of the cave and then right back down, wrong side down. But instead of hearing four paws, she heard two feet. She glanced up slightly, caught sight of a human pair of feet, and then looked right back down at her hands. Shoot. This would be more difficult. Human deaths were always more difficult for her to pull off, and normally she didn't even do them...she just robbed them blind, but if they snapped out of her hold, that was then things accelerated.

She moved her hands away but kept her head down, hiding her eyes behind her fringe. She listened carefully to the voice; it was definitely female. She didn't have to worry about getting angry. She wiped her eyes. "S-s-some boys from my town chased me out here..." she blubbered, pulling her cardigan tighter around her. "C-can you help me?" She asked, not yet using her telepathy, seeing if the other girl, whom she judged to be around her age, would take the bait.

Tia huffed when she was told that the little girl was being chased by a couple of boys. She remembered when she was chased by boys as well, so she could relate rather easily. She looked down and tapped her fingers on her lap, wondering what she could do to cheer the little girl up. "Of course I'll help you. I've been chased by wolves before, so I can tell how much it sucks," Tia said with a small smile.

When Tia tapped the girl's head and asked her for her name, she felt another wave of energy pulse through her body- making her eyes slit a bit. The teenager cleared her throat and turned her head, breathing as slowly and as quietly as possible. What was going on? Why was her demon all of a sudden acting strange? These pulses weren't pulses of murderous intent thank God, but they still made her chest tighten and her teeth clench. This last one made her eyes change a little.... Was there something wrong? Something that her demon side could sense that Tia couldn't? Tia narrowed her eyes and shook it off once more, but kept her eyes out for any danger- having no idea that the danger was right in front of her.

Elizabeth muffled a smile by biting the corners of her lips. She played naïve, and lifted her head ever so slightly, still hiding her eyes. "W...wolves?" She asked slowly, voice pitch heightening in fear. "There are...wolves here?" She began to sniffle again. She went through what her thoughts should be for the character she had taken on: 'What was going on here? Who is this girl? Why is she here? Why did the boys chase me out here? Does she actually want to help me?' The thoughts were very alien to her - unbeknownst to her, when she was alive, she would have never thought thoughts like that, because she never would have ran away from anyone, and would have never not trusted anyone. However, when she thought thoughts that she thought to be unrealistic - 'Thank God this girl is here. I hope she'll help me home. Maybe my parents will invite her in for dinner.' - they seemed perfect to her.

She flinched at the touch and pulled into herself. "E-Elizabeth." She squeaked, voice still trembling. Out of the corner of her eye and through her hair, she noticed the girl tense. Shoot. Things needed to move, and quick. "I don't know my way back." She squeaked, very slowly getting to her feet. Here, she messed up. She flicked her fringe away from her eyes for a second, revealing the darkness for a moment before her fringe moved back and recovered them. She didn't realise her mistake. She held her hands behind her back and kept her eyes staring down at her feet, still behind her faint, faded gold fringe.

Tia didn't realize her mistake when she mentioned wolves until the girl mentioned it herself. She widened her eyes and cleared her throat, waving her hand dismissively and chuckled sheepishly. "D-did I say 'wolves'? I mean older guys.... Hehe... It's just a word I use to describe older men," Tia said with a nervous chuckle. She never meant to mention wolves toward this girl.... Nobody normal gets chased by wolves on a daily basis. She needed to be careful about this stuff.

The girl's voice made Tia feel sorry for her, for she didn't like it when little kids got scared and lost in the woods. Tia looked up when the girl got on her feet, and noticed the blackened eyes that she bore. Upon seeing that, Tia widened her eyes with an inward gasp, the rattling sounds in her head going off like fireworks. What was that? Were this girl's eyes pitch black? Even in the darkness of her cave she was able to tell the white from a normal person's eyes, and this girl had none.

Another pulse of demonic energy forced itself throughout her body, making Tia clench her teeth harder. Venom from her fangs began to flow out of her mouth, dripping onto her pants in little drops. Something was definitely not right, and the problem was that girl. Tia couldn't help but growl a little as she stood up herself, wondering how to deal with this inhuman intruder. "Well, let's go outside then. The sun can help you stay warm rather than staying in the cold cave," Tia said with a friendly voice.

Elizabeth noticed how the girl very quickly began to change what she said. She bit her lip. She didn't have to worry about the wolves, since they couldn't hurt her, but if wolves attacked them, the other girl would notice how the wolves would either be afraid of the black-eyed child, or would just entirely ignore them, and that would blow her cover, which she didn't even know had already been blown. However, she heard a slight dripping noise. Her eyes were drawn to the floor, where a drop of something that she guessed to be water fell down and hit against the floor with a resounding plop. She mistook it for a leak in the cave. She smiled and wiped her eyes again. "Yeah..." she said, moving outside, still keeping her eyes behind her fringe.

Tia narrowed her eyes when the girl walked past her, flexing her hands in her pockets as she watched the girl get closer to the sunlight. What did this intruder want? Was it an accident that she came here? No matter.... She had always treated intruders with the same behavior: with aggression and physical behavior. Why should this time be any different?

The demon in her spirit whispered things to her, somewhat ideas of how to get rid of her.... Killing her was the first thing that was suggested of course.... And Tia had actually considered it. This female sort of reminded of the winged lady that she encountered last night.... Not by behavior, but because of her supernatural nature. If this was true, then Tia wanted no part of it... So it was decided....

See what she was doing here, then kill her...

Tia let a bit of her tongue flicker like a snake as she slowly approached Elizabeth, her tail snaking out from behind her as she stalked the little girl. Her eye pupils narrowed as she got closer, her tail rattling and Tia saying something in a raspy hissing voice just before she launched herself at the girl to pin her down among the dry leaves. She gave a wide-mouthed hiss-roar before she spoke to her.

"Who are you?! Why are you here?" Tia demanded with a hissing voice.

Elizabeth thought that things were going so well...

But as soon as she heard that same, soft maraca sound, followed by a hiss, she realised that she had messed up somewhere. She felt herself thrown to the ground, and squeezed her eyes tightly shut. What could she do? 'What do you mean?' Could be something she could say. Or she could reveal herself; she was pretty sure she could take on an average girl. However, she began to put things together.

She eventually came to this: maraca, plus hiss, equals rattlesnake. She bit her lip at the roar, eyes still tightly shut. She needed to save herself now. She forced herself to start crying again. "What are you talking about? I told you..." she sobbed, rubbing her eyes yet keeping them shut.

Tia slammed her tail at the girl's response- she knew that she wasn't normal. "Be quiet! You aren't a normal little girl.... I've seen your eyes in te cave... You're a demon aren't you? No never mind.... It doesn't matter. You're aren't welcome here! Child or not, you're an intruder here! Now leave before I'll kill you right here and now!" Tia snarled as she wrapped her tail around Elizabeth's leg. She lifted her up and threw her to the side of her cave, slamming the girl's back against the rocky wall. The fact that the girl was an intruder here made Tia angry, and the fact that she wasn't a human made her demon angry- together, they both were a single pissed organism, which made Tia start doing defensive behavior that was from the strange demonic species her spirit was. She sld her tail on the ground repeatedly, snarling and flashing her fangs at Elizabeth, getting ready to strike her down at any given moment.

Elizabeth flinched at the demon girl's shouting. She felt something snake around her legs and moved her hands away a half second too late, as she went flying through the air. She crumbled into a ball on the cave floor, still sobbing quietly. Tia would start to hear her own voice in her head: "Come on, you don't actually think she's a demon, do you?" She would think she thought. "She's just a kid, and you just flung her against a wall! Just help her home, come on now."

Tia hissed when the girl curled up into a ball, her tail rattling loudly as she continued her territorial behavior, taking a couple of steps towards Elizabeth. Suddenly, Tia 'thought' of something concerning the girl, making her pause in her tracks. Flinging a girl against the wall? And she claimed to like kids! Tia gasped and blinked a few times, panting as she watched the 'poor' girl sob in her cave.

With these thoughts, Tia reeled in her tail and made herself calm down, much to the disapproval of her demon spirit. It sent a wave of murderous urges throughout Tia's body, making her eye pupils narrow and her body shiver. Tia didn't want to go through with what the demon made her feel, and closed her eyes as she shook her head with a straining hiss.

'No! She's just a little girl who's lost in the woods... If there's anyone that I won't kill it will be a small child,' Tia thought with concern. Tia wouldn't be able to deal with herself if she killed a little girl younger than her; if she did, then she'd be a more vicious monster than she already was.... Tia shook herself and did her hardest to suppress the urges she was experiencing, and continued once she was able to suppress herself enough.

The half-demon walked over to Elizabeth and couched down next to her, looking at the back of her neck as she tried to comfort her. "I'm so sorry Elizabeth... I don't know what came over me. I know the way back to the town, and if you'd like, I can help you keep the boys away... How about that?" Tia asked in a friendly way.

Elizabeth pulled herself into her tighter when she heard the rattling get louder as the demon got closer. She needed her telepathy to work - she didn't like her chances being faced to face with some sort of rattlesnake shifter, because she had never tried to control a snake. Likely because she had never even seen one in a picture since her death. She hid a gasp of relief as she finally heard the shaking sound slow and eventually, stop. She remained on guard for a single moment, listening very carefully. When Tia spoke to her, she shuffled away slightly, though found the cave wall on her left side. She turned her head ever so slightly to Tia, hiding her eyes. She began to take the girl in, then sniffed harshly.

She held back a gag. Slowly, she rolled back up onto her knees and forced herself to give a little smile. "...thank you," she whispered, holding tightly onto her hands in her lap. She sniffed again and bit her lip. "S-sorry, but..." she hesitated, taking a deep breath. "When was the last time you showered?"

Tia lowered her ears when the girl asked her about her smell. She was incredibly embarrassed, as she never really had any humans tell her about her scent, mainly since those that were ever this close to her were several seconds from death.... Nobody asks about someone's smell when they're dying right? Tia forced her smile to keep where it was, but on the inside, she was several seconds from caving in embarrassment, forcing out a chuckle as she backed away a bit. "Its been a couple of hours since I've been outside.... Tell me, how clean would you expect to be after being in the forest for half the day?" Tia asked with a small tilt in her head. "Once I get back to my place after taking you back to yours, I'll surely take a bath then."

The serpentine spirit in Tia began to get a bit irritated, as it noticed that Tia was pushing its influences back. And it was for some human girl?.... No... Not a human girl: it was a demon girl... It knew the difference, but it couldn't tell Tia otherwise.... She must've tricked her somehow...

How dare she?

It sent another wave of urges that were a bit stronger than what it had been doing initially, making a small 'urk' sound escape Tia's mouth. Tia closed her eyes and began to make stifled breaths, trying her hardest to not let her bodily reactions come forward. She wanted to help Elizabeth, but if she was going to do that, she needed to keep it together before she ended up slaughtering the poor girl. 'Keep calm.... Stop it! You won't let me do it ... Not to a little girl,' Tia thought with determination.

Elizabeth bit her tongue, feeling bad. Despite being dead, she still felt feelings, if you will. She just couldn't quite remember how to show them, unless she was just mimicking what she had seen. All of her actions, so far, were perfect replicas of something someone else had done. She had once gotten unlucky, as someone recognised how their child clasped their hands in front of their chest. She gave a tiny laugh through her guilt, which didn't sound right, just sounding melancholic. She waited a few moments, before seeming to get afraid. "Wait...what just happened before?" She asked, staring at the ground with wide eyes.

Normally, she would ignore anything creepy a target would do, because she just needed money. But she was genuinely afraid of what had happened. Something had wrapped around her leg...and then she was thrown. She had never, ever, ever felt something like it.

Tia opened an eye and looked to Elizabeth with a huff. She needed to get them both out of the cave and back to her home before she wouldn't be able to suppress her urges anymore, and they were getting harder and harder each time it hit her. Her eye pupil was still narrow and thin, but after a few more moments, it widened out to normal, which was a great relief to Tia. She heard something come out of Elizabeth- was it a song? Or a laugh? It sounded strange, but Tia didn't figure it her place to judge a little girl.

She was surprised to hear Elizabeth ask her question, about what had happened earlier.... She didn't know what happened? How is that so? Then Holly had a sudden thought in her head. 'Oh no! Did she get amnesia? No, she would've forgotten about me already.... Ooooh that's it! I'm taking her home,' Tia thought with a worried sigh. She got up and figured it best to not bring up something that might be harmful to her goal.... That meant she wasn't going to tell Elizabeth about her throwing her in the air... That wouldn't be good at all. "Nothing happened.... Now let's go before your parents begin to worry... It would be bad if they thought you were hurt in any way," Tia said as she walked out of her cave once more.

Elizabeth frowned when the strange teenager didn't repeat what had happened to her, rather, just flat out ignored her. "But..." she tried to protest, but decided that if something did happen, she certainly wasn't going to be told about it. She remembered something - the attack had followed the sound of a snake rattle. She then decided that if she even heard a rattle, the girl was dead. Or, robbed blind, at least. Maybe a mixture of both.

She slowly stood up and followed the teenager. She cleared her throat, head still tilted down. "What's your name?" She asked, holding her hands behind her back. Her voice had now become eerily calm and monotone. The same voice in Tia's head would begin to feed her thoughts about the girl; about how cute she was, about how she should help extra for what she did, and things along those lines.

Tia paused when Elizabeth asked her for her name, slightly looking back with a curious look on her face. Tia realized that she didn't tell this cute little girl her name, which was a surprise since she liked little kids. With a small smile, Tia went back to Elizabeth, figuring that she should help her as much as she can since she was here with her. She stood over her with slightly observant brown eyes, her hands in her pockets as she looked down. "My name is Tia. Sorry that I haven't said it by now. She noticed the girl's tone of voice to have changed from scared to almost calm.... It wasn't how she normally heard a little girl to sound like in a situation as such. No matter, she simply shrugged it off with a smile and stood back up, looking towards the cave for a moment. She fidgeted with her toes for a moment, and without another word, Tia turned back around and kept going, her back facing Elizabeth once more. "Come now, if your parents begin to worry, then what will happen to you? I'm pretty sure that you don't want to get in trouble with your mom and papa don't you?" Tia asked as she kept walking.

Elizabeth nodded slowly. "Nice to meet you, Tia." She said, putting extra effort into the name. The name 'Tia' was oddly nostalgic to her, but this sort of nostalgia was painful. She had figured out that it was past-life memories, or something of a similar caliber. She just hoped that this teenager she had met wasn't the one that she was thinking of.

She gave a slight jog so that she could keep up with Tia, since the teenager had noticeably longer legs than her and appeared to be fitter. She slowed down when she was a little bit in front of her, going back to a walk. She got visibly tense and nervous at mention of her parents, rolling her sweaty hands over themselves. As she sweated, the blueness in her skin began to get more pronounced, like by sweating her life force was dripping away from her like a leaky tap.

"Didn't...Didn't I mention I live in an orphanage?" She whispered, though the sentence seemed to have been made haphazardly and in a rush. She was an idiot! She was too preoccupied with thinking about the teenager, and she hadn't even been planning out her backstory for the day!

Tia smiled a bit when Elizabeth responded to her, happy to know that a little girl such as Elizabeth didn't sense anything wrong with the teenager after this amount of time. She couldn't explain how, but Tia had noticed that any human that stayed close to her for a certain amount of time and beyond would begin to sense that something was wrong.... Most wouldn't know what the feeling would be caused by, but there were those who were particularly aware of how circumstances would go- those people would suspect something wrong with Tia. It was partially the reason why Tia couldn't stay around folks for too long, but other reasons would pop out more significantly than that particular one.

Tia sighed a little when she saw Elizabeth run a little bit ahead of her, smiling slightly as she slowed down beside her. She turned her head a little to see Elizabeth grow visibly nervous at the mentioning of her parents, making her wonder what the matter was. She was going to ask a question when Elizabeth turned to her, her face all blue and discolored. "Now what's wrong with you?" Tia asked with worry. She thought that Elizabeth was dealing with heart problems, and that was something she wasn't willing to deal with. She remembered seeing with a child that was asthmatic due to heart problems, and she remembered one time when the child was having difficulty breathing and her skin began getting blue. Thankfully, her mother noticed in time and gave her inhalers, which gave the child the assistance she needed to breathe again. If this was happening right now, Tia wouldn't know what to do all the way out of the forest... It would become disastrous for both her and Elizabeth.

Thankfully, she was only panicking about the statement about parents, though this didn't make Tia any less calm. She stopped walking when Elizabeth mentioned being in an orphanage, which didn't at all follow her previous story about being chased by boys and her parents being worried for her. Tia growled in her head as she turned herself around to face Elizabeth, a fang slightly showing when she pursed her lip upwards a little. She bent down to get at eye level with the girl, her eyes narrowing as she spoke to her.

"You're in a what? An orphanage? You didn't say anything about that when we first met." Tia said with a low voice. At this, Tia's demon tried to take the opportunity to make an even more persuasive influence, taking notice at the small spark in Tia's anger when she was just fibbed to. It whispered to Tia about other things she could be fibbing about, and that she couldn't be trusted, no matter how small and childish she was. Tia's eye pupils got slightly clouded as the demon whispered to her, making Tia bare a small fang at the girl.
"What else are you fibbing about? You better say something right now, or else something might happen that none of us will like.... Mostly me though," Tia said with a tilted head.

Elizabeth flinched at Tia's sudden switch in tone. She glanced at the girl through her overgrown fringe, looking from the ground to the girl flick-flick-flick. She held her hands behind her back. "I-I-I didn't want to!" She spluttered, thinking things up on the spot. "P-people think I'm some disowned delinquent wh-when they hear I don't have parents! I-I-I didn't think you'd care if, if, if I told you the truth!" She lied, acting still flawless. She lifted her hands and started to cry into them. When she risked another look at Tia, she saw a tiny pointed tooth peering just over the girls lip.

Elizabeth stumbled back, though still kept her eyes hidden behind her fringe. "What...what's that, in your mouth?" She spluttered, pointing at the tooth with a shaking hand. This girl wasn't a girl. Things pieced together in her head; when she was thrown against the wall, the maraca sounds, the fang, and the growing feeling of uneasiness that kept growing and growing in her gut...

She stumbled backwards a few steps. Frantic, she started to beam thoughts into Tia's head. 'She deserves to know the truth!' 'Just tell her, I'm sure she'll understand.' 'As long as you don't hurt her, she can't be angry at you!' 'If you hurt her now she'll go to the police. Do you want to go to jail?'

Last edited:
Tia sighed when the girl stuttered her reason for fibbing, and shook her head with a small growl as she bent down. She might've understood why the girl was worried, and tried to forgive her.

But her demon had tolerated enough trickery.

"Okay. I can see your worry. I'm very sorry-" Tia was cut off when the girl asked about her fang. Tia gasped and stood upright, her nervousness clouding her judgment.

"Umm... I-uh...." When the new thoughts came flooding in her, the demon in her snarled and furiously sent a powerful shockwave of energy, making her freeze mid sentence with an 'urk!' sound coming out her mouth. It seemed as if she choked on her own words, and she doubled over in dizziness as she felt the demon clawing at her in anger. She fell on her knees with a growl and a snarl, a free hand touching her temple with a grunt of pain. She panted and shook her head, breathing deeply as if she was being beaten up.

"You.... Have to.... Run..." Tia strained to say as she felt another shockwave pulse through her body. She mentally pleaded with the entity to stop trying to take control, but it wouldn't have any conversation. It simply kept clawing at whatever barriers Tia tried to keep up, but they were rapidly failing in containing the demon any longer. Tia gave a small hiss-roar at the ground as she felt her chest tighten, gasping for air with tears in her eyes. She had never seen, or felt, the demon feel so inclined to take control; she almost wanted to simply give in so she wouldn't keep feeling the sudden assault on her body.

She looked up to Elizabeth and bared her teeth at her, as she snapped at the little girl. Then, after a couple of minutes of fighting a losing battle, her demon snarled and clawed at her as it forced itself into control, knocking Tia out of consciousness and taking control. The final signifier was when three claw marks suddenly appeared on Tia's right cheek, and the brown in her eyes faded significantly into a dull milky grey color.
Tia became still minus the rising and falling of her chest as she breathed heavily, then slowly rose to her feet with a toothy grin.

"Hello there little girl. You are an interesting specimen. But you have been causing my host enough trouble. Only I can insert thoughts in her head!" the voice said with a low and dangerous tone. It was different than Tia's normal voice; this voice was somewhat raspy and had a perpetual hiss to it. The possessed teenager then slowly but surely extended her tail out from behind her, and shook it rapidly as she approached the girl.

"You liar..... Can't trick me demon. You will die now, whether you like it or not," the demon threatened as it drew closer.

Elizabeth flinched and yelped as she felt the thoughts she was sending suddenly freeze. The energy the demon sent had forced the thoughts out, and they fired back at Elizabeth fast. She held the sides of her head at the onslaught of words not meant for her, and when they all calmed down, Tia was half-way through her inner battle.

Fearing for herself, Elizabeth leapt forwards, crouching in front of Tia. She grabbed the two sides of Tia's face and forced her eyes to meet hers. Elizabeth's deep black pools seemed to ripple as she whispered under her breath. "You will not hurt me. You will help me back to the town and then you will return to your cave." She said. "You will hunt the animals of the forest and eat them instead. You will not hurt me." She did that exact sort of thing all the time, though usually she would say stuff more like 'you will let me in your home and then you will go into your bedroom and lie down on your bed'. She couldn't exactly tell a demon to go and lie down though, could she?

If she'd helped sooner, the fight may have leaned more in Tia's favour, but she was too late. There was a sudden snapping as Tia's teeth caught on the sleeve of Elizabeth's dress. The girl stumbled backwards, eyes fully revealed. Though she kept eye contact and desperately muttered under her breath - you will not hurt me, you will not hurt me - her powers didn't work with other demons. That was the only reason Ms. Marsh hadn't taken her home already. The hairs on her arms stuck up as she listened to the thick, nasty voice.

She paused as she tried to think clearly. "You can't kill someone that's already dead," she pointed out, though that was a lie. Though she may have been dead, she could still die again. She wouldn't come back again after that.

The demon paused and swayed the clubbed tail slowly as it stared at Elizabeth, as if thinking about her statement. A low chuckle came out, and the teenager's hands slowly took a position that suggested an attack.

"Oh foolish child... You know as well as I that we can still die. Us demons make it hard to be destroyed, but it can still happen nonetheless," the demon said as it swayed the tail closer to it's hands. "I've not killed a girl in a long time. Mainly because this stubborn flesh of a host won't go along with it. But she's not up for discussion if you know what I mean," the demon said with a growing chuckle. Suddenly, the demon lunged at Elizabeth, jaws wide enough to show flashing white fangs. It jumped up and landed behind the smaller girl, snatching her shoulders with opened their hands and slammed her against the nearest tree with a snarl.

The tail rattled loudly behind the demon, and the demon itself narrows its slitted eyes as it whispered in Elizabeth's ears.

"Tell me, are you ready to die?"

Elizabeth's eyes widened as the demon saw right through her facade. She took a deep breath and tried again. "I'm not a girl. I've been dead for seventy years." Another lie - at most, Elizabeth had been dead five or ten years. Her acting was still seamless. Of course, no matter how much she acted, the demon still had the upper hand.

She gagged as she was slammed against the tree. She lifted her head to look up at the tree branches and locked eyes with a silver squirrel. In the blink of an eye, the squirrel was throwing all manner of things at the demon; sticks, acorns, hell, even a baby bird. Elizabeth used the distraction to slip out of the demon's grip, and she sprinted off in any direction, unknowingly back towards the academy, though her disappearance was still going unnoticed.

The demon had opened its jaws once more to lunge at the neck; no matter the age, she was still going to feel good between its teeth. Suddenly, a hard yet small object hit the hood of the jacket with a soft thunk, making the demon pause and look up.

Another object, only longer and stiffer, hit the demon's temple, making it snarl as it loosened its grip a little. It soon saw a small squirrel throwing objects at it, and it hissed angrily at the odd acting rodent. "Why you-" another object came down, but the demon easily blocked it this time. It quickly climbed the tree and chased the rodent in the tree a little, eventually ending the rodent's life with a hard clasp of fangs around it's neck and chest. Shaking it around like a dog playing with a chew toy, the demon threw the squirrel down with a satisfied hiss, though it was short lived, as it then noticed its previous target had run away.

It leaped out of the tree and ran in order to chase the girl, but it then stopped. The direction she was running in was the same direction that it ran earlier this morning in order to chase that suspicious female creature. It huffed, as it didn't want to risk being captured by her for trying to kill a girl that might be under her protection.

With this in mind, the demon roared at the fleeing Elizabeth's direction, the sound echoing loudly throughout the forest.

"I'll get you next time my pet! I'll be here all week!" the demon exclaimed with a loud cackle. It watched as the girl disappeared into the depths of the forest, and waited for its breathing to mellow out before turning around and staring at the squirrel. With a small 'humph', the demon grabbed the limp animal and carried it back with it, going back in the direction of the cave. However, it wasn't stopping there, as it decided that now would be a good time to take a bath. Unadmittedly, the demon took the girl's statement of Tia's smell to heart; it had decided to go and clean off, as it would admit, smelling like dried blood didn't go well when it came to stalking and hunting for prey.

No matter what the prey was.

Elizabeth didn't hear the demon's jeering; even if she had, that wouldn't have changed how fast she was running. She ran for what felt like ages, and eventually, she collapsed in the dirt, falling to her knees. She panted heavily as she raked her hands through her greasy blonde hair, crouching under a tree. If she had been tired before, she was exhausted now. She closed her eyes, deciding that she was far away from all of the danger from now.

She curled up into a ball and leant against the tree behind her. As tired as she was, her body simply gave up on the idea of staying awake. She crumpled to the ground, falling away from the tree and kicking up dirt and dust that covered her body very thinly. She slept soundly, and the animals of the forest remained far, far away from her.

It would be another hour until Ms. Marsh noticed that something was amiss. There was only one black-eyed child in the school, and out of her five best students - a girl who could become a shadow, a boy who could make people see nightmares even when they were awake, a girl who had eight spider eyes and eight spider legs, a boy with an army of voodoo dolls, and a cannibalistic mermaid who could transform into a normal girl - no one could find the girl, who stuck out like a sore thumb with her bright hair, bloodstained dress and dark eyes.

Ms. Marsh gathered the five of the students together. Hidden behind her parasol, she cleared her throat. "Alright, all of you," she began, standing in front of the school gates with the group. "You all know that you are the best of the best in this school. So, I have to ask you for your help in finding two people." She paused for a moment to let it sink in. "The first is Elizabeth, who you have been looking for for the past little while. I'm afraid she's left the campus. If you look at these bars," she pointed to the school gate, "they are easily wide enough for her to fit through."

"You need to find her quickly. There is a dangerous creature in the forest that would gladly eat her." "Another thing is that she can hypnotise anyone who looks into her eyes," she said, "so don't do that. Be kind with her. Only hurt her if you intend to knock her out, and make sure that it's painless for her." She paused again. "She can also make you think things. If you hear thoughts in your head which you don't think come from you, ignore them. Think clearly and straightly."

She took a deep breath. "Now for your second task. There is a new beast that has come to my attention. She takes the from of a black girl, around fifteen or sixteen years old with a hoodie. Don't be fooled; she is possessed and I'm not sure how good she is at controlling the demon in her. When she transforms, she has a rattlesnake tail, so listen out for the sound. She is cannibalistic and incredibly dangerous." She finally stopped. "Okay, I'm finished. I'll open the gates for you all now."

Right on cue, the glittering golden gate slid open. First to leave was Kimiko, a girl who had eight spider legs coming out of her back along with her two normal legs. Her eight eyes instantly began surveying everything around her. "Goodbye miss," she said, voice thick with her Japanese accent. Her light pink kimono swirled in such an elegant way, and she always looked like the most perfect geisha, hair beautiful and makeup pale and perfect, making her look like she was in her twenties, though she was only fifteen. She was very intelligent and didn't speak very much.

Clement stepped out second. He was quite a freaky thing to see. His eyes were two large brown buttons. His hair was made of string and hung down to his shoulders. His mouth was mostly sewn shut, with only a tiny gap there for speech. His skin seemed to be made of burlap, and under his white t-shirt and blue trousers his limbs and head were all sewn on and a red heart was sewn over where his heart should have been. It was common knowledge of how Clement came around; his creator wanted to make a life-sized voodoo doll. When he was doing the spell to give the voodoo doll the power it needed to harm others, the spell went wrong, and Clement was brought to life. The voodoo-boy carried a large bag over his shoulder, filled to the brim with living voodoo dolls, all around the size of your palm. There were 98 in total, and each looked like someone that Clement had once killed, with real hair. Some even had real eyes. When he spoke, it was a mush of sounds. Of course it was - Clement had no tongue. While he had no real age, he was around the size of a fourteen year old boy. He had great strength in his numbers, and was rather ruthless when it came to murder.

Eva came third. Eva looked surprisingly normal compared to the others, with scaly legs being the only thing that seemed odd about her. Another notable thing was that it appeared that she had no teeth - her real teeth, sharp and deadly, hid in her gums. Anyone that saw her in the water saw the more notable thing about her - this seventeen year old girl could fuse her legs together into a mermaid tail and breathe underwater. Even still, she was a beautiful, skinny girl with long curled blonde hair and the most bright blue eyes. She wore all shades of blue and tossed her hair all the time. "We'll make you proud, miss!" She chirruped as she bounced out of the school grounds. She was brilliant in deception due to her mostly normal appearance.

Last edited:
Fourth to approach the gates was Connor: a sixteen year old who looked like a normal kid with his black hair and decent frame. He looked more human with the wide black shades that covered every piece of his eye, making him look out of place considering the type of school he resided in.
But if one took off his glasses, the claim of him being human would shrink significantly less. Behind the glasses were two red eyes with black pupils, eerily staring at anything and anyone in his line of sight.

He might've looked like a stereotypical bad boy, but he was actually quite attentive and obedient, as well as cautious so he wouldn't accidentally hurt someone. He spoke with a generally friendly tone of voice, which makes him happy since he managed to gain some friends, but when he went on missions like this, his demeanor changed from easy going and friendly to somewhat serious with a hint of curiosity. He always wondered how many others like him there were, and it seemed that there were more out there.

He stopped when he noticed that there was one more student left to come forth.

And that was when a shadowy entity flew around Ms. Marsh's shadow like a bird, then playfully tapped her umbrella's shadow before slithering upwards and morphing into a girl who wore dark clothes and long black hair. She was slim, but it was still a healthy frame, and had a curious expression on her face. She waved with a smile before walking past Connor with a small cold hand to his neck and running out of the gates.

"Come on Connor! You're last!" the girl called out.

Connor flinched at the cold that bit his hand and shuddered, swatting Leah's away a bit too late before she ran ahead. He growled at first but quickly shook his head and chuckled, then ran after her past the gates to meet everyone else. Once the two met with the others, Connor was the first to speak up. "So who do you think we should go after first? I think that we should go for the younger one first - she seems closer to us than the other one," Connor suggested.

The gates slid closed behind the group. Ms Marsh gave a small half-wave before turning on her heel and walking back into the campus, to...do whatever headmistresses do.

Eva flashed a gummy smile at the group. "Yeah, the little girl!" She chirruped.
Kimiko raised a pale hand as she stepped forward to speak. "Because of her ability with hypnosis, we should send someone who can't make eye contact with her to have first contact." She gestured towards Leah, a single hand outstretched. "Shadows don't have eyes."
Eva tossed her long hair over the shoulder. "Well, we can't sent Kimi or Clement." She said loudly. "They'll scare her right off." The way she said it came out quite mean, but really she didn't mean anything bad by what she said. She just...wasn't very smart.
Clement shook his head. He didn't want to go to her anyway. It wasn't like he could speak. Kimiko was obviously quite hurt by the way her shoulders slumped and her face tuned down, but she didn't say anything.

Eva put her hands on her hips. "What direction first, anyways? Should we split up?"
Clement shook his head. He slung his bag off his shoulder and dropped it onto the ground. He scooped out two of his voodoo dolls and held each of them out to the people closest to him - Kimiko and Connor.
Kimiko took the voodoo doll gently. She didn't particularly want to, but she was afraid that she'd hurt his feelings if she didn't. "I see. We send out your dolls? And they'll come back when they find her?"
Clement nodded eagerly, then looked around at the rest of the group, waiting for their responses.

Leah listened to Connor and Kimiko as they spoke, agreeing with them with a nod. She figured she could go and scout out for her, seeing that besides the wisps of energy that radiate off her body when she's a shadow, she looked pretty normal. She could see herself and Connor going and talking to her, but she knew he would decline; besides, if things did go downhill somehow, he wouldn't be able to immediately react ability-wise. Physically, he is capable of defense on a human scale, but not that much. He can always improvise until he's able to use his ability, but he would be able to do so much without assistance. Besides, she wanted to go out and look for her anyway, since she was the fastest when she traveled via shadow.

She giggled with a sigh when Eva spoke about Kimiko being too scary to approach the girl, and while it was most likely true, she knew it wasn't something one just says without the possibility of hurting feelings. She slithered over to Kimiko and hugged her briefly before releasing her, turning to Clement as he took out a couple of his dolls.
She turned to Connor and Kimiko, smiling as she stood a couple of steps back. "Oooh smart idea Clement! They can go the other ways while we search our way! Cover more land that way!" Leah said with a nod.

Connor held out a hand for the doll and tilted his head, but didn't say anything. He was always a bit unnerved when it came to the dolls, but out of respect and politeness, he never said anything to bring him down; he certainly didn't have room to say anything. So he smiled and nodded in concurrence to Leah and Kimiko, willing to to along with the plan.

Last edited:
Kimiko flinched at the sudden touch, but wasn't all too opposed to it. She touched her hand gently to Leah's for just a second, before she bounced away.

If Clement could have smiled properly, he would have, teeth and all, but he had to settle for a stretchy half-smile. He looked at Eva, waiting to see if she would approve. The cannibal girl stuck a finger in her mouth, running it over her gums. She really, really didn't like the dolls, at all. But as long as they were staying away from her, she supposed she could tolerate them. She nodded, though avoided looking directly at Clement

Without any hesitation, Clement snatched the two dolls back and dumped the rest of the dolls out onto the ground. They all lay limp until Clement touched them, when they sprung to life, standing up and waiting instructions. Clement looked at the pile of voodoo dolls, trying to figure out how to divide them up.

"You can put them into fourteen groups of seven or seven groups of fourteen," Kimiko said quietly. "Or forty-nine groups of two, or two groups of forty-nine." Clement shook his head, splitting them up into fourteen groups. When they were all done, he shooed them off one by one, all in different directions, though he left the space directly in front of the school gates. He stood up when he was finished and slung his now empty bag over his shoulder.

He pointed towards the direction that was left (though it wasn't really pointing since he didn't have any fingers). He looked at the rest of the group, waiting for someone to take the lead. Eva threw her hair over her shoulder and began to saunter into the forest, walking slow and careful so that she wouldn't make any sound. It was obvious that she was looking out for the nearby river so that she could dive into it and move easier. Clement followed behind her, though his limbs were limp and heavy and he couldn't be so sneaky. Kimiko simply smiled, and within a second she had climbed her way up a tree. On the highest branches, she swung from branch to branch using her spider silk to aid her.

Leah and Connor watched as Clement traded the two dolls for the entire bag, and curiously - well at least Connor was the curious one; Leah was awash with excitement - watched as the dolls spread all around the forest floor. They looked to the various dolls and watched as Kimiko suggested the various ways to divide the doll groups. Leah giggled in her head at her intelligence; she loved how the female seemed to just pull up random scenarios out of her head, or think up of a plan with her soft and shy voice. In Leah's mind, her timidness and self-conscious nature made her the cutest out of the entire group.

She watched the many dolls as they spread out to the depths of the forest, and the rest of the group as they began off on their way. She and Connor looked to each other and nodded, and Leah quickly turned into a dark amorphous shadow, swirling around before switching from the air to the ground, flipping around Eva's hair shadow with a giggle before shifting into a shadow dragon and lifting Connor in the air with her tail, settling him on her back before lifting off with her medium wings.

"You okay back there Connor?" Leah asked as she looked back. Connor nodded and hung on tighter to Leah's back, laying low so he wouldn't fall off. "Yeah! Make sure you don't fly too low alright?"

The group travelled for around twenty minutes - in that time, Eva found her river and had been swimming and Kimiko had taken pity on Clement and carried him above the trees. Suddenly, Clement let out a slow but sharp moan, batting at Kimiko's leg with his arm. Kimiko looked down at him, and then down at the ground beyond him. There, she saw a small footprint. She stopped instantly, and then lowered herself to the ground. "Here," she said to the others, though her voice was soft. Clement groaned loudly, which prompted Eva to come up from the river. She pushed herself onto the land, and in a moment she was a girl again, legs still scaled. Her teeth slid back into their places in her gums as she walked closer.

"What's the deal?" She asked, primping her suddenly dry hair.
"Look," Kimiko said, gesturing towards the footprint with an open palm. "Clement spotted it." She sat down on the ground, kneeling in the dirt as she looked closer to the print. "I'd say it's a child's size seven or so." She muttered. "It looks like a pair of Mary Jane's."
"So, definitely something a kid would wear." Eva said, crossing her arms.
"Yes. But it looks quite old. See how the lines are faded?" Kimiko pointed out.

Clement looked around, string hair blowing in the slight breeze. He walked a little farther the direction he had before, as quiet as he possibly could. Suddenly, he froze, staring off to the left. His eyes had fallen on a young girl, curled up in the dry dirt, bloodstained dress and bright blonde hair. He didn't move, surprised and a little scared.

Leah flicked her ears when she heard Clement's moan, and turned her head around to look in the direction of the sound. "You hear that? Yea Clement found something!" Leah cheered as she steered herself around a tree and flapped her wings back to the others.
When she saw Kimiko and Eva, Leah dropped down gently and let Connor off, who slid down with little trouble and walked up from behind Clement. He examined the print and thought on it, listening to Kimiko and Eva as he did so.

Leah folded her wings as she leaned her head in to see the prints, tilting her head a little as she poked it with her snout. The print smelled dusty... And it smelled like... A sweet-smelling liquid. Puzzled, Leah pulled back her head with a snort, wondering what the extra smell was. "That's interesting," Leah muttered under her breath. Connor noticed the mutter and looked up to her as if asking what she said, but Leah had already noticed Clement straying off a bit.

"Hey Clement, what are you-" she stopped when the doll froze, eyes a bit wide as he stood still. She craned her head out and tapped Clement's arm with her snout, asking him what the matter was. She looked in his direction and saw a little girl with a bloodstained dress, just like how Ms. Marsh had described. She gasped and flicked her ears in excitement, praising the doll for his findings and turning around to the rest of the group.

"Hey guys! Look who Clement found!" Leah spoke in a whispery shout. She beckoned the others with a wing and pointed to the sleeping girl, her tail flicking like a cat as she stared.

Clement would have blushed at the praise, but couldn't, so instead he shuffled backwards to let the others see. Eva turned her head and walked away from the footprint. She didn't see what they were looking at at first - the girl was rather dirty and dusty, lying on the forest floor - but when she finally saw Elizabeth, she practically jumped a foot into the air in glee, squealing quietly. "That's her, that's her!" She hissed, as if no one had noticed yet.

Kimiko kept analysing the footprint until she heard Eva's (somewhat annoying) hisses. She lifted her head and slowly pushed herself off of the ground, delicately dusting herself off and then teetering over. She looked at the girl carefully, trying to think. "Maybe we could avoid waking her up."

Eva raised an eyebrow. "She'll wake up as soon as we touch her." She said, folding her arms.
"I mean, not if you let me do it." Kimiko offered. As she spoke, the eight spider legs behind her began to string together something like a long blanket.
Eva scoffed. "Are you dumb?" She snickered. "She'll definitely wake up, and then she'll run away. Especially if we're tying her up in some mysterious material."
Kimiko froze just as she finished the blanket. She unhooked it from her legs and brought it into her human arms, folding it up and holding it close to her. It was warm and insulating. Maybe the girl really would like it.
Clement scowled as much as he could. He hit at Eva's leg with one of his stuffed limbs, causing her to nearly fall over. She swatted at him with her palm, but her touch was lighter and didn't affect him much.

Leah murred happily when Eva exclaimed her excitement, nodding eagerly as she stood aside for the others to see. "Yeah, isn't she cute sleeping like that?" The shadow dragon cooed.
Connor came forward and saw the little girl at the distant tree, crossing his arms as he watched her sleep soundly. She would've looked innocent, if it were not for the bloody stains on her dress. He studied the girl carefully, and wondered what she would do if she woke up, besides running of course. He looked to the side when Kimiko offered to make the child a blanket, which at first struck as a bad idea, but the more he thought about it, the more he liked it. But he didn't like it when Eva tried to shoot down Kimiko's idea.

"A blanket for a sleeping child? Sounds pretty reasonable Eva; I mean, a blanket is really comforting to most kids," Connor stated with a small nod.

Leah was very eager to go along with Kimiko's idea. She huffed and poked the mermaid with her tail tip, looking back at her with a snort. "Come on now Eva, give Kimiko a chance. She's the second quietest out of the five of us, so it would make sense for her to try the stealthy method first," Leah said with a head tilt. Leah was always the one to let every idea have a chance; not every idea was a bad one, unless it was carelessly thrown in a vat of nonsense and spewed out of come incompetent's mouth. She was willing to see the good in all despite the many weird and somewhat scary things she'd seen, which was why she was a good friend to her comrades. She gently urged Kimiko with a wing on her back and a smile on her face, then quickly shifted into a large dog and wagged her tail. "Come on, I'll come with you," Leah said as she slowly approached the sleeping girl.

Eva folded her arms. "If she wakes up she'll run away!" She pointed out. "So we should be as normal as we can." She tried, but Leah was already walking off. The mermaid glared at Kimiko, who dipped her head and tiptoed after Leah.
Clement snickered. He some vague, but obviously snarky, noises at Eva, which prompted her to swat at him again. Clement lifted an arm and blocked the hit, still snickering.

Kimiko crouched low to the ground as she crept closer to Elizabeth. She didn't stir, barely even breathed. It was obvious that when she fell asleep she was absolutely exhausted, simply by the way she appeared to have just fallen over. Eventually, she was close enough that her legs - which were just around four feet long or so - could reach. Carefully, and as quietly as she could, she gently picked up Elizabeth with four of her legs and slipped the blanket under her with the others. She wrapped the blanket over the girl and then went to work sewing it up with more silk.

Suddenly, Elizabeth stirred, jerking a few times quickly. The way her body moved looked like she was being stabbed. She whimpered and moaned and pushed her hands over her chest and stomach, before she suddenly jerked up, awake and alert with a short scream. It was obvious she'd woken up from a nightmare. Kimiko froze, forgetting entirely not to make eye contact. The dark eyes of the girl were all too mysterious and captivating for her to look away.

Elizabeth stared, confused and afraid. Her eyes switched from each of Kimiko's eyes to her legs, to the blanket that she was being trapped in. she started hyperventilating.
Kimiko's eyes widened. "We're not gonna hurt you, hush now honey," she whispered, lifting her human hand to stroke her face reassuringly.
This, along with noticing all the people behind Kimiko, was enough to break Elizabeth out of her stupor. She screamed and shouted out in anger, and forcefully jumped out of the blanket. She grabbed Kimiko by the ears.
"You're going to let me go, you're going to let me go," she whispered, over and over. "You're going to tell whoever they are to leave me alone." As she spoke, forcing Kimiko to keep looking at her, the spider girl's eyes began to turn black.

Clement made a low groaning sound, looking from Eva to Connor to Leah for guidance.
The mermaid shouted out in anger. "I told you it wouldn't work!" She shouted, sprinting towards Kimiko to help. Clement followed, heavy and clumsy as he was.

Connor watched closely when Kimiko approached the little girl, hoping that things go as planned and things will be relatively easy to achieve. Things seemed to be going well, until the girl woke up and became privy to being captured. When the girl grabbed hold of Kimiko, he gasped softly, though his body reactions were more easily noticeable.
He looked to Eva when she exclaimed in anger, and began to move himself, racing to help his comrade. "Leah! Separate the girl from Kimiko!" Connor shouted as he ran beside Clement. Leah had stumbled backwards when the black eyed child retaliated, watching in surprise when she had grabbed Kimiko by the ears. But when Connor shouted at her, she shook herself and barked a confirmation, running her short distance to the near hypnotized Kimiko and hostile girl.

"Clement! Help Eva with Kimiko! Make sure she isn't near Leah and the girl," Connor said to the voodoo boy as he ran off to Leah's situation.
Leah had barked and leaped on Elizabeth, shattering their eye contact as she jerked the girl's body away from her target. Instead of attacking, Leah tried her own version of an 'attack' and had whimpered and licked her like a real dog; as far as Leah knew, the girl didn't know about her or the fact that this 'dog' wasn't a true dog. She just hoped that the girl liked dogs and stood down somewhat.

Elizabeth yelped, limbs flailing violently as she tried to release herself. Barely thinking, she shoved away the dog and got back up. She turned to sprint away, but as soon as she was up she was back down. Clement wrapped his arms around her waist and tugged harshly, slamming her down onto the ground with the sheer weight of gravity. Clement landed onto the ground with Elizabeth on top of him, though firmly trapped in his arms.

Elizabeth squeezed her eyes shut, still moving around violently. 'Just let her go, c'mon.' She tried to beam into the person holding her's head, but there was a bit of an issue, since he didn't have a brain. She kept on fighting, not realising that her thoughts weren't getting through.
Eva rushed over and knelt beside Clement. She flexed her hands and then pressed them firmly over Elizabeth's eyes, effectively disabling her powers. As soon as she was blinded, all the fight went out of her in a soft moan. Eva stared in shock, not intending to have neutralised her - all she meant to do was stop her from hypnotising anyone.

Kimiko laid limp on the ground for a few moments as the black in her eyes slowly faded and turned back to their normal dark brown. She groaned and sat up, looking around wearily. Her hair and makeup looked noticeably more ragged now, and her kimono was filthy from the mud. She blushed a little at the state of herself and slowly stood up, dusting herself off.

Connor had stayed back when Leah jumped Elizabeth, keeping his distance when she began to lick the girl. It was a strange way of engaging a hostile, but he didn't want to intercept yet. He blinked when Clement pinned Elizabeth after she shoved Leah off, and stood up more straight as she struggled. Figuring that everything was being dealt with on this end, Connor, along with a slightly whimpering Leah, went over to Kimiko to see if she was alright.

"Are you alright Kimiko? How's your vision?" Connor asked with concern as he knelt down in front of her.
Leah shuffled up behind Connor and whined little, inching closer to Kimiko with a tucked in tail.

"I'm sorry Kimiko! I didn't think you'd be attacked. I thought we had a good idea," Leah whined.

Back