The Thread of Plotting[OOC Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, there caught up. Big post + Hayfa post.

@sissyd00q
I saw your first post. Welcome to the roleplay.

@skydude808
Does the powder stuff come off on it's own or is Hayfa going to need to take a bath to make sure it's all off?
:emoji_thinking:

Oh same. I'm really, really enjoying the role-play. I can't wait to see how they all interact in the future!
Once the main event is cooling off I might throw some side-plot ideas for Meredith out.
Feel free to throw in any side-plot ideas...they are welcome.
Once we get past our awkward plotting in the healer's huts, move out to see Falkas's friend of his parents of whoever(I'm thinking Rasdon for this...since he is still lurking to destroy other information), and get the journals.....and kind of end with the Empress is dead...then we'll move into a kind of lull period in the weeks before Jian's coronations where people can throw out any plots

Hey what is the money system here?
would it be something akin to like X copper = x silver = 1 gold ? What would something like a bed and a meal cost, normal rents and pay? what would be 'a lot' and what is 'chump change' I guess is my question.

(is as much as to confirm some stuff)

Also my character can use magic and I would like some more details on how I can go about in its use before I post about using it. Light water not being able to harden I take means its being useful is about its current, making a torrent to deflect attacks or make them. Also you say manipulate an element not conjure or summon so that would suggest that I could not lets say just fart out a magic ball of water out of nothing and then start whipping people with it I would need to have some water around me or be in a moist zone to condense it and make it into a weapon?

Do I need to speak words or use spell work? or is it an array of magic with different levels as in --> I can make a lance of water and toss it at some one for whatever effect I was after but if I was to pause and speak out a whole spell the effect of the lance would be many times stronger (on the grounds that I had time to do it) Enchantment seems to be apart of the world so would scrolls be a thing in this world too? speaking its words or giving it a blood price to activate its effects? or or or is it more of an unspoken kind of thing or or or is it every thing and magic is just the subject of where you learned it and the culture around it meaning every one (magic users that is) could do the same thing just goes about it in a different way?

I have also a few spells, effects and tricks my character would use with his water and I wanted to run them by you Spriggan before I just did a thing.

I figured the journal would be recognized by someone who worked with my mother and father. My idea was that what Falkas saw as ramblings about random things in the city we're actually an old code system the was used by spies and it would implicate our villains in the plot. We have to get Falkas' backpack though

Hey what is the money system here?
would it be something akin to like X copper = x silver = 1 gold ? What would something like a bed and a meal cost, normal rents and pay? what would be 'a lot' and what is 'chump change' I guess is my question.

(is as much as to confirm some stuff)

Also my character can use magic and I would like some more details on how I can go about in its use before I post about using it. Light water not being able to harden I take means its being useful is about its current, making a torrent to deflect attacks or make them. Also you say manipulate an element not conjure or summon so that would suggest that I could not lets say just fart out a magic ball of water out of nothing and then start whipping people with it I would need to have some water around me or be in a moist zone to condense it and make it into a weapon?

Do I need to speak words or use spell work? or is it an array of magic with different levels as in --> I can make a lance of water and toss it at some one for whatever effect I was after but if I was to pause and speak out a whole spell the effect of the lance would be many times stronger (on the grounds that I had time to do it) Enchantment seems to be apart of the world so would scrolls be a thing in this world too? speaking its words or giving it a blood price to activate its effects? or or or is it more of an unspoken kind of thing or or or is it every thing and magic is just the subject of where you learned it and the culture around it meaning every one (magic users that is) could do the same thing just goes about it in a different way?

I have also a few spells, effects and tricks my character would use with his water and I wanted to run them by you Spriggan before I just did a thing.

Money System:
I it be something akin to like X copper = x silver = 1 gold. However I'm am still working out the particulars so I'll get back to you.

Magic:

Like honestly I pictured manipulating the elements to be akin to how bending works in Avatar the Last Airbender(with the addition of light and darkness and with the dual plants/rocks and water/ice).

tenor.gif

4202200_orig.gif

And yeah you have to manipulate stuff around you(elementals have the advantage here because they are literal incarnations of their element.

No there are no spells.

Your power level so to speak depends on how many years you've been training(usually manifests at four(with some exceptions) and if you get training right away you can be a master at 24)

so in a sense your power and what you can define as your element deepens with your use and training of it branching out in however way you use it? if I was just hot for water whip and used it all day every day the level of how crazy it could be-- having it longer hit harder, using it as a tail or tendril to latch onto things While as I had this over use of the magic itself what I could command with that magic element would go deeper and its definition grow. As an example when toff toph came to a level of understand that iron in its own way was just earth and could control it but only after her over zealous nature into its mastery. sooo like that?

power level wise I take for elements like water or wind would be more size in your control, from being able to slash out a wind blade with your hand to making a brooding storm if not to condense the power of that storm into a wind blade should they desire to do so..

Trying to map out what would be the levels of ----> This guy uses his fire magic to light his candle some times ----> This is a 85 year old war vet who can pop your skull into molten glass by flexing at you. Grant most of our characters are young it would be fair to say we all have a small handful of magic/skills we like and use a lot in that my thinking kinda stems from Bruce lee quote "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,00 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

The core of that question being if I made ice darts, I was all about ice darts and could make things that are dart like spears and arrows if I wanted to make something like an axe out of ice while I had the skill for it due to it being something abnormal for me I would have to give it some honesty focus less it would come out funky? Or is it even if I just do one thing or a handle full of similar things with my magic that as long as a train with it I can easily do something new on the spot due to my skill level over all being high?

I would think the latter shapes into your idea a bit better in that your character just needs to think of it and the power to do it is reflected in your prowess to command and control it-----juuuuust maken sure. sorry for this. <___> so many rps with 'fights' over magic and its usage.

My money system in games is 100 copper=10 silver=1 gold
Mm but how much would bread be? 3 copper? a room at an inn ? maybe 15-50 copper or silver if its super posh? then armor 1 silver 20 copper for something that's not trash and maybe around 8 silver too 1 gold 5 silver for good armor and 5 gold + For that Dwarfs in the mist level of gear?

I agree this roleplay is the best I've had in A long time and I feel like we just started. spriggan is doing A great job of balancing player involvement with the storyline. Everyone made colorful and deep characters, there doesn't seem to be any Mary/Jerry sue types. They all have their own virtues/vices :)

My money system in games is 100 copper=10 silver=1 gold
Which seems pretty easy to use.

Mm but how much would bread be? 3 copper? a room at an inn ? maybe 15-50 copper or silver if its super posh? then armor 1 silver 20 copper for something that's not trash and maybe around 8 silver too 1 gold 5 silver for good armor and 5 gold + For that Dwarfs in the mist level of gear?
How dare you make me have to think of stuff!
Kidding, you can question my world building whenever.
See, this was why this was never made into a novel. Because I don't think of little things like money(i really kind of suck at this)

Well....I should think about in some.....(feel free to point out things you might think are weird)

Bread would be around 1-2 copper range probably.
Full meal-probs like 5 coppers

As for rooms at the inn(in Azuris at least) in honestly depends on their level of quality.
We have:
Hostels(located in Siwot and Aquilion) are very small basic inns with plain food-are free to stay in but you have to be a refugee, some sort of traveling official that caters in the poor class, or trader(with papers saying you are there for a specific event)
Poor quality inns(mostly found in Blidis District)-20 coppers
Medium quality inn(found probably more towards middle districts on far sides)-round about 50 copper maybe
Good quality inns(Nova and Antaris)-maybe about 10 silver

Right...rent...I assume you mean like house rent?
(Ugh, no idea what I'm doing here but....)

Poor-35 coppers
Merchant/Middle Class-20 silver
Rich-about 15 gold range probably

The thing is I probably won't argue too much about prices for most things though.

so in a sense your power and what you can define as your element deepens with your use and training of it branching out in however way you use it? if I was just hot for water whip and used it all day every day the level of how crazy it could be-- having it longer hit harder, using it as a tail or tendril to latch onto things While as I had this over use of the magic itself what I could command with that magic element would go deeper and its definition grow. As an example when toff toph came to a level of understand that iron in its own way was just earth and could control it but only after her over zealous nature into its mastery. sooo like that?

power level wise I take for elements like water or wind would be more size in your control, from being able to slash out a wind blade with your hand to making a brooding storm if not to condense the power of that storm into a wind blade should they desire to do so..

Trying to map out what would be the levels of ----> This guy uses his fire magic to light his candle some times ----> This is a 85 year old war vet who can pop your skull into molten glass by flexing at you. Grant most of our characters are young it would be fair to say we all have a small handful of magic/skills we like and use a lot in that my thinking kinda stems from Bruce lee quote "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,00 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

The core of that question being if I made ice darts, I was all about ice darts and could make things that are dart like spears and arrows if I wanted to make something like an axe out of ice while I had the skill for it due to it being something abnormal for me I would have to give it some honesty focus less it would come out funky? Or is it even if I just do one thing or a handle full of similar things with my magic that as long as a train with it I can easily do something new on the spot due to my skill level over all being high?

I would think the latter shapes into your idea a bit better in that your character just needs to think of it and the power to do it is reflected in your prowess to command and control it-----juuuuust maken sure. sorry for this. <___> so many rps with 'fights' over magic and its usage.

This is essentially how it works yes.
In answer to your question this one:
The core of that question being if I made ice darts, I was all about ice darts and could make things that are dart like spears and arrows if I wanted to make something like an axe out of ice while I had the skill for it due to it being something abnormal for me I would have to give it some honesty focus less it would come out funky?
If you do something abnormal for your character yes you technically do have to give it some focus or things go wrong.

Like say using Hayfa specifically for example.
The basics of using Stone magic is essentially using ground(controlling small rocks, shaping small objects, etc.)
Metal and precious gems being more advanced applications of it.
Anyway she ended up getting magic training later then normal because her birth family was unwilling to find teachers for her and her brother. After she got adopted though she got a little overzealous with learning magic. When her master started teaching her the basics of working iron around the age of 14 or so she got excited about using more magic on the weaponry side(cue showing off for her brother and then losing her arm)

Also like you can discuss certain magic applications here if you like beforehand if you are ever unsure of anything.

ah well its just kinda as a general idea so I don't sit back in my chair with my laser pointed at earth demanding ONE MIIIIIIILLLLION DOLLARS as I pet the curl in my overly complex evil facial hair. So thanks for that.

ah well its just kinda as a general idea so I don't sit back in my chair with my laser pointed at earth demanding ONE MIIIIIIILLLLION DOLLARS as I pet the curl in my overly complex evil facial hair. So thanks for that.
Well. No lasers exist in this world. Steampunkish technology(with some mixed magic elements with it). Airships, steam-powered trains, guns....etc(there's actually a technology thread I made to discuss ideas technology wise).

well I guess as a spy you would be a state supported person but as a spy I don't think they slap your face and name every where. so is up to you? his question was more along the lines of handling things inside or out of the state --> slapping around some punks vs the state slapped a bounty on a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back