Akashic Arcana The Titan, The scorcher, and the President. Tea time.

OmegaRper42

Arbiter of light and dark.
@Katie

Light shined through the rather nicely crafted window illuminating the entire room along with the two students sitting parallel to one another. One of these students was in fact the very president of Arcadia, Russian royalty Vikktiora exuded an air of strength, dignity, and a calm that didn't push people from her but instead seemed to attract them. This was despite the fact that she was a homunculus.

The decently built man was referred to by several names. Titan, Alexander, but the most common in fact it could even be considered a nickname that has followed him all his life. Atlas. Today he wasn't wearing his usual ebony and golden leather jacket gifted to him by his mentor and veteran Brittannia soldier Maximilian, instead he wore a rather nice black blazer with silver buttons that made it seem more royal than casual, the shirt underneath was a light-blue casual business shirt that someone attended church would wear, along with slim jeans and white shoes.

Raising a cup of Green tea taking delicate sips, enjoying every subtle taste of the drink. "You always do make the best teas." he smiled honestly as he placed the cup on the holder his posture was polite and humble as was his tone. Vikki and Atlas sometimes got together to just talk over some tea, most of the time they ended up counseling each other if one was having or had, had a stressful day "So how has the school year been treating you? It seems like Arcadia has a promising new generation this year, The young Artoira pendragon. Jayden seems to already have such talent at such a young age. Along with Viola and a long list of people I wish to know...." His face changed slightly, still holding a smile but having a hint of sorrow behind it. "And one I hope to see again... Sorry." Scratching the back of his head clearly a little embarrassed at his little slip. "Some say us Britannia's are a, passionate bunch."

Last edited:
Viktoriya smiled ever so softly. Her tea-cup rested just inches from her soft lips. They sat at a pavilion that was within the Student Council Halls. She only enjoyed the scent of the Bailey's, the scent infused further by calming vanilla and honey. The sun ever so faintly graced her near transparent pale skin, almost reflecting it, but she was like a piece of art, and after all, she was made this way. How she enjoyed these sessions in-between student council work. Her and Alexander did attend the same class, and over the years, they had experienced many things happening within the Academy. from the many festivals, events, and the Grand Mage Tournmanet which was lurking to after the Winter Ball.

"Thank you, Alexander, but you know, the sweet fragrance and taste come from the brewer and the company she shares it with." She replied in a pleasing tone. Viktoriya's voice had always been like a soft hymn, that was at times, dangerously disarming. No one really saw Viktoriya lose control of herself, or raise her voice in anger. At Alexander's question, she could only muse and think fondly back.

"It is more exciting than when we enrolled, I have great hopes for this school, and the legacy we will leave it. And I agree, I only hope they will mature well and become great mages for their respective nations. The lessons they are taught here will change their view of the world. And perhaps, over time, Arcadia will unite the world. Just mere a decade ago, it is unthinkable a proud citizen of Britannia would have a tea-session with the Confederate Crown Princess." She smiled amusingly towards Alexander. Her smile softly fades as she senses her friend's pain.

"It is about Ruby, is it not?"

Alexanders tea almost came right out of the cup as soon as the topic of Ruby was brought up. Alexander was a lot of things but one thing he wasn't was a poker face. Noticing some of the tea spilt on the floor he tried to use this as a way to, at the very least halt the topic. "Oh, cheese. Sorry about that." Using a light forged spell to turn the small puddle on the mahogany into a fresh smelling mist, blue berry was the scent of today. "I don't know what came over me guess i'm... I'm that transparent?" He said with an exaggerated sigh trying to put humor into this but it just sounded like he was both tired and frustrated.

"Yes." He said finally, the shine on part of his face the other half almost entirely in darkness. "Amanda.... Ruby and I have a. History." his voice became dry despite the tea he drank. "We were once childhood friends... I'd like to still think we are, but I don't know how she feels about me... Heck I'm scared out of my willies just thinking about seeing her." he huffed rather hard. "Pathetic isn't it? I have the strength to crush steel in my fingers. Yet I can't even wrack up the nerve to talk with one broken girl... Don't tell her I said that if she asks about me... Did she ask about me? No she wouldn't know i'm even here..." Nerves clearly wracked from just thinking about her, it was quite a sight to see someone that is usually so calm become so flustered and discombobulated.

Ruby was informed by several of the workers that are scheduled to watch over the student Concile office. Rather rudely she might add. That miss Vikktoira was in the pavilion, ignoring what they said about vikki having a guest and not to interrupt her. Rubies only response was to raise two fingers in the air behind her back at the two workers. 'I'm not waiting another god damned never wracking moment!.' She was face to face with the door that led to the pavilion. Opening the two doors she was greeted by the sight of Vikki sitting on the pavilion seat, her face skin seeming to glow in the sunlight. The other person slowly turned to face Ruby. "Hello. I'm sorry, maybe the guards didn't inform you but.......Amanda?" Ruby shot both a dangerous glare. In fact she was about to accuse vikki of telling this stranger her birth name, she would have started too... If he didn't seem so familiar. Her plasma hot glare soon turned to a confused almost inquisitive look, trying to figure out who this man was. The hair, the eyes, the face. She took it all in and she almost fell over the moment she realized who he was. "Atlas!?"

Viktoriya only calmly accessed the situation. She wasn't the President for nothing, information was part of her work, and she knew a lot about the inner workings of this school, as well as most student's connections with one another. She only inclined his head towards Alexander, who continued to clean up the mess, the scent of blueberries was a refreshing fragrance. "Don't worry about it, Alexander. If there is something I can help, don't hesitate. And no, she does not talk to me unless she has a complaint or something to vent about." When she thought about it, her and Ruby never once sat down to have a friendly conversation. Ever.

She turned her head the moment Ruby made the outburst and made it past the Guards. She didn't even flutter an eye, merely continuing to enjoy her tea.

"If you were that interested in a simple tea break, you could have called Ruby. You know I have time if you schedule it." She smiled ever so friendly towards Ruby. Even offering her to take the vacant chair. On the table were some light finger sandwiches, along with some British shortcakes. Seemingly, to be imported from Britannia, as Vikitoriya knew that Alexander was coming over. All in all, it seemed like the classic Victorian Tea Party.

Ruby was still in shock over seeing Atlas, the person that she grew up with... Having tea with a Homunculus. Shaking her head like a rabid dog Ruby managed to center herself, the famous temper was still there but it seemed to be growing more and more breathless as if something else was smothering the rage. And that something else was.... She didn't quite know but when she spoke it didn't have the same harsh edge to it like normal instead it sounded low and rather cute in a way. "I... Go by Ruby now.... Don't call me Amanda!... Please." just as she got back her bravado it was quickly stamped out. Ruby just stood there for awhile silent until Vikki offered her a seat, with several goodies looking as if they were made in her homeland. In fact. She was definitely sure they were made in her homeland. "Alright. I did come here because I decided to take 'The first step' so, why not have tea with a murder machine." Saying as she took a seat. Making sure it was as slightly farther away from Vikki.

Alexander was just as speechless as Ruby was at the start, possible for the same yet different reasons. It had been so long since he'd seen her, he'd heard the rumors around school about a Crimson haired maiden with the ability to command fire as if it was an extension of her own body; Speaking of which she really did grow up in the right places.... He quickly struck down that thought like he was Michael striking down a dragon, he wasn't going to give into dirty thoughts especially one of his buxom child-hood friend..... "AMAN- RUBY!" He yelped out his faced colored and the tea he was holding was thrown into the air and landed on his head. Yet he did not seem to mind the heat of the drink. Ruby only drew back a clearly embarrassed and a little unnerved at his sudden outburst. "You... Uh... Ya.. You still likeeee.. Sewing?!" She blinked at him "Yes." and actually turned to Vikki. "What is in the tea?" The moment she said it out loud the moment she realized she fucked up and just called her child-hood friend high on something. His faced even looked like a sad puppy dog. 'Damn it Damn it damn it! Ok... Uh.' Forcing a smile she turned to Vikki, almost glad the president was here to distract from this awkward air. "Soooo. Who made these delicious pastries." Holding up a spoon.

Viktoriya only looked towards the sparring of words between the reunion of this odd couple. She couldn't help but smile, however, Ruby's comment on herself being a murder machine made Viktoriya frown with a pained expression. She gently lowers her tea-cup into the plate in front of her. At the question of where the pastry was made, Viktoriya could only say with a smile.

"They come from Britannia, a small and delicate pastry shop in the countryside. They make specialized deliveries to the Arcadia's own bakery shop. With the usage of space and time teleportation, you won't have to travel across the globe for this treat. It is still in its experimental stages, but I am impressed how far technology and magic have become."

She does, however, notice the spoon, but didn't say anything about it. She then glances towards Alexander. "Do you want some time alone with her, Alexander? I wouldn't want to sour a reunion between the two of you with my presence here."

Finally after making a complete fool of himself, Alexander managed to get his bearing on the situation. "No. I think we've moved pass our little comedy act." He was cleaning his face off with a handkerchief that below where his cup would have been. Not forgetting the cup on his head he removed it an placed it on the table. "Right. Am- Ruby?" There was still a bit of cracking in his voice but it seemed as if he got over the shock. The murder machine line was not lost to Alexander who could only feel pity for both his friend and Amanda, 'Oh, Amanda...'

Ruby sitting down near the center of the two, only blushed slightly as she put the spoon down. "Yeah... I got it out of my system." placing a few scones on her plate, heating up the tea that was presented to her to scalding levels. Not worried if it was poisonous or not, since the healing process she used for her spell was also a cleansing spell. She took a long drink, several gulps in fact. "Ah... Alright. What do you want me to do?" She addresses Vikktoira in an actually civil tone for once.

Last edited:
The Russian woman only nodded once as she lowered her head towards the two who finally put down their eccentric reunion act. As she composed herself, she slowly put down her teacup as she looked back towards Ruby with a more businesslike demeanor. But in an instant, that harden demeanor disappeared as she addressed Ruby with her concern, and every word she spoke truly came from her heart.

"I see you. I do. I see the pain in those eyes. It has sat there for your life time, trapped in the confusion we all carry. I see love too, the love you would have given were it not for the scars. It's still there Amanda, and one day you will be free. I'm not perfect, and I cannot atone for all the sins my people did towards the rest of the world, but only time will heal those wounds, and our actions as the next generation."

She smiled more gently towards Ruby before she seemed to look into the distance. Her presence was compelling, it was perhaps her beauty, if not, the sense of leadership and the burden she carries that could be felt by others.

"I want you to make friends Ruby. You have almost two years left on this Academy before you have to depart like I will this year. The Crown Princess of Britannia, Artoria Pendragon, your coming Queen. She attends this school and you have a chance to make an impact on her future and shape your nation. But of course, there are many promising new and old students as well."

Viktoriya looked once again towards Ruby, but this time, her eyes were of concern. "Do you truly want 'Scorcher' to be your legacy on this Academy? A name of fear? For once, Amanda. Take the first step and become someone better."

The sound of a chair being pushed back could be heard as Viktoriya stood up on her feet. She gently lowered her head towards Alexander and then looked once more again towards Ruby. If Ruby didn't flinch or move away, Vikki would attempt to place her hand on her shoulder. "Ruby... there are many things you can help with at the Council Manor, but for now, I want you to focus on yourself, and be a student for a change. Despite Arcadia being the most prestigious Academy, you should truly make it the best time of your life. After you graduate and resume the work as a Mage, these days won't be available anymore."

She offered a finale smile before she looked ahead towards the Guards who already opened the door for her. "Please excuse me. And do enjoy the pastry and tea, you can remain here for your next period. Alexander, if you need anything, my doors are open. And that counts for you too, Ruby." Every word she spoke rung with sincerity. Had she been born a human, could she and Ruby had become friends? It is a shame that the racial barrier was so thick between them, a regret that Viktoriya truly felt as she left the couple alone.

Last edited:
Ruby braced herself for whatever Vikktoria would throw at her, a downgraded class, having to fight impossible odds. Ruby had seen the path to hell itself and road upon its ocean of blood, facing the homunculus with a look that showed she wouldn't give Vikki any satisfaction in breaking her Ruby was ready for her punishment.

The look of concern made her drop the hardened look as if he own expression was made out of thick steel. Confusion was all she could covey. 'What are you up to?' Even Atlas looked suspicious of the change in demeanor. 'I see you. I do. I see the pain in those eyes. It has sat there for your life time, trapped in the confusion we all carry' She forgot to breathe. Ruby who was just a moment ago sitting strong in her seat, was now wide-eyed and more than a little surprised. A chaotic tidal wave of emotions manifested as Vikki continued, 'I see love too, the love you would have given were it not for the scars. It's still there Amanda, and one day you will be free. I'm not perfect, and I cannot atone for all the sins my people did towards the rest of the world, but only time will heal those wounds, and our actions as the next generation.' She wanted to say something she wanted to snap back at this monster for using such an underhanded emotional manipulation tactic, the same that her therapist used on her... Right before a blade, the size of a small child came crashing down, slicing her back. In fact she was about to, snap back at Vikki with not just words but a stream of fire that would reduce the Russian princess to ash.

Atlas only stood in amazement at the word of his dear friend. In truth, he had hated the Homunculus for a long time, wanted to kill every single one of those monstrous butchers. Alexander though had guidance. A war hero that taught him to let go of the hatred he held and to use his anger for more constructive purposes... Amanda didn't have anyone. The pain was evident on her face right now as it was back then. He knew that right at this moment Amanda Kay wasn't Ruby, or the scorcher, or even her birth name. She was that same scared little girl that had just lost everything and only found darkness to guide her through life.

"Ruby..." Her voice was like she was far over the horizon. She had hoped it would sound angry, power, maybe even insulted but all that came out was weakness. The visions of a little girl in her black evening dress, running through a gardened maze of flowers that seemed to have the colors of the rainbow her mother trying to catch her in a game of tag while her little brother was causally sleeping on a hammock of vines. 'I was so full of love back then.' the hand on her shoulder snapped her out of the trancelike state.

"Your kidding right?" She said with a disbelieving laugh with no humor. "Make friends? How?! Nearly everyone in this whole fucking school knows who I am and is so scared of me they see me as a demon! How do you expect someone like... ME," Motioned to herself, without consciously knowing it she was trying to point out how bitter and scared she had become. "To make friends?" She didn't get an answer from Vikki, who only smiled and left her alone with Atlas. "What?!" She asked with barely concealed anger.

Alexander mentally noted that Vikki was someone he should really admire more than he already did. Despite the weight that she carries Viktoria is still able to keep a kind and compassionate heart, as well as a wisdom that seems to be well beyond her years... Yet even the princess of Russia seemed to have trouble breaking down walls that have lasted for 8 years. Amanda's sudden outburst at Alexanders continual presence made his jump a little. "What? Nothing." He said defensively, Ruby only scoffed and sat down with a thud. "Aren't you going to leave again?" she started to stuff her face. Alexander felt a sharp bang of guilt through his chest, yet he wasn't about to leave her. "Amanda," Not even bothering to call her by her mother's nickname right now. "R.U.B.Y!! Say my fucking name!" This time her tone was more of a warning her finger jabbing at his chest.

Atlas smile faded but he didn't show or feel any anger or indignation at her clear threat. He felt pain. "Amanda...I'm here for you. I will listen to you. You don't have to be alone anymore." Rubies finger started glowing a bright silver her teeth bared in a furious snarl. "Shut up!!" At the tip of her finger the smell of burnt cloth and of skin overpowered the smell of teas and cakes, "Shut up shut up shut up!!" Atlas winked in pain his chest feeling like a hot needle was slowly piercing his skin, fearing he might have to detain his friend, Atlas wanted to try to calm her down. Grunt a little, "Amanda. I lost my father on that ship too! I-" Ruby didn't give him time to finish before she practically screeched. "YOU WERE NOT THERE!!!... You were not there." Tears started to stream down her face, the energy in his finger dying down to nothingness. Alexander mentally sighing in Relief he stood up and then felt another dagger go through his chest. Amanda just sat in a fetal position quaking violently, her eyes become white voids as if all the life had been sucked out. "Amanda..." He could hear her talking to herself as if he wasn't there. "Blood... So much blood." "Amanda." "Joseph, he was just 8 years old... He didn't mean to let them know." Alexander went wide-eyed at the mention of his father, it was if he was struck with a large blunt instrument across the face. "Father?... " Shaking his head, trying to bury the thought he went back to the girl now trying to snap her out of it by grabbing her shoulders. "Amanda!" Amanda didn't even notice, "Torn in half... They just... My brother." A mixture of revulsion and almost wonderment crossed his face. "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

What came next was enough to make her came back. He didn't hit her across the face. He didn't use a magic spell to block the memories out. He gave her what she wanted, what she needed. Ruby felt a massive amount of warmth that made her just stop, turning her head to the right she saw Atlas embracing her his face covered up by blond strands of hair yet she could see water running down his face. "I'm sorry." A horsed voice said. "I'm so sorry. You had to bear this alone for so long." Pulling her in tighter, her eye quaking, "I am never going to leave you alone again. When you cry I'll wipe away all your tears. When you scream I'll help you fight away all your fears. No one held your hand through all these years, but you have me." He cupped her cheek so delicately as if any more would shatter her like glass. "Amanda. You're not alone anymore." She looked up into his face for what seemed like hours only then to have her eyes fill up with an ocean of tears, burying her face into his shoulder and letting out all the pain, all the suffering, all of the emotions she held onto for 8 years. It hurt. Letting everything out at once hurt, but it was a hurt that needed to be a purification as if she had something rotting inside her for all these years that finally got cut out. Atlas held onto her for a long time they both held each other, lamenting all they had lost and what they had just found.

"Better?" Handing her a handkerchief. After about half an hour of them laying on the floor, sniffing a little as if she was a kid again. "Y-yes..." whipping her tears away she faced Atlas her face red and actually looking guilty. "Can I heal your chest? I really- I feel bad." He only smirked at her cute tone, having to force himself not to russle her hair. "Sure. I don't see anything wrong... Unless you want to finish me off." They looked at each other intensely for what but a moment only for it to be broken by a small chuckle from both. "Keep up the joke and I might. Jackass." She causally punched his shoulder as the silver flames she summoned healed the small burn. "I can't accept her.... I don't think I ever will." Alexander knew who she was talking about and despite how much it saddened him to hear her words, he could not blame her. "I understand. A pity that you will not get to know what a great person she is. But hey. Maybe in time your perspective will change?" She only rolled her eyes as she finished off the last jelly filled donut. "After 8 years of being hunted by her kind I don't see it happening... Also," Sighing. "Y-Your the only one... Allowed to call me Amanda... Got it you, idiot?" Her face was red and the moments of her shoulders were hard to read what she was feeling but for some reason, Alexander only blushed and responded normally. "Ok."

Back