KittyInTheHat

A DOLLMAKER WITH MY HAIR??? YAAAAAASSSS
The demon Shayton has escaped Hell and is bent on having some fun. Little is known about him, but wherever a demon steps, trouble follows, so the angel Anahera is sent down to find and stop him.

Anahera has never been to Earth before an the hasn't been told much. He knows that he needs to find a place to live and that he needs money. Simple, right? He's strong, he's fast, he's able to sprout wings and fly. He'll be able to find something.

Name: Anahera
Age: 1267 (Appears… I dunno. 23-28? The dude is clearly in his thirties, but we aren't going there. I'll go with 26)
Sex: Male
Race: Angel
Appearance:
dcBPH6UmvK432ArdoZ4oCMJpb1aNIsBMUMb0P4MVhQrcaxkMEpvviuu-ZewE5zB7VgPyCzO-i3LzOWu6pRNRRKfr_UqRuEZHnwJO38wLaog7G05gYmFnsUTh3gCVGTd4V8Z7ErsM

(Face Claim: Austin Davis)

Name: Shayton
Sex: Male
Race: Demon
Appearance:
1WTsiQXR1WwRZ4zxsn3Nqwxa12ZZ4kGqZ4LzEVrXoOEN2tGcHWPJXP4xl5uQXjQTBstCVb_lo69cKyR-7EGusepY6Sh2lx_zzpH8CC_kcWCVATmK4ZyUognxe0X1bSjlXbTef6GE

ad999de7e27341076322d2d0808abc00.jpg

(Faceclaim: Rodrigo Guirao Díaz)

Last edited:
Name: Lynne Ophelia Rose
Sex: Female
Appearance:
291811b2d1b75f1ca58144fc13636834.jpg

Personality: to be played out and revealed. :p
Anything Else: Nothing at this moment.​

popsies.regular.png

The fall of her freshman year of college. Lynne had been dreaming of this moment the second she recieved her highschool diploma and walked across the stage at her graduation a two years ago. She was nineteen now, working two part-time jobs to try and afford her way into a decent community college to get some of her pre-recs done and out of the way to help her on her pursuit of a decent future career. Although her major was currently undecided due to many people in her live pushing her to try and do different things to see what she might be passionate in, she still wanted to choose something that meant something and allow her to help others in some way. Lynne had grown up from a small town in the middle of no where. She had grown up as the youngest girl in her family, her two older siblings, Oliva and Hayden who were now successful makeup artist and businessmen working all the way up in New York City. A place she had always dreamed of visiting one day, but considered a pipe dream considering how expensive the trip up could possibly be during her several late night online researches.
Realizing just how expensive things were in the real world, Lynne knew there was no way she could afford to stay in the dorms the college provided, especially due to the fact she was so far from home and couldn't afford to get kicked out during the breaks when the school closed. Lynne now found herself standing outside of an old apartment complex, clutching a yellow, wrinkled poster in her hand. It was an application of renting out a room and sharing rent with another applicant. Taking a deep, slow breathe, Lynne finally managed to convience herself to push the old heavy door open to get inside. She approached the recieptionest desk and peered over the rather high desk. Behind it sat a rather older woman with a large mole sitting on the bridge of her nose. Lynne had to snap herself out of it when she noticed the older woman had asked her on what she needed, in a icy tone. "A-Ah, I was looking into placing an application for a flatmate? I'm currently looking for a place." She stammered quickly. The older women reached and grabbed the application that Lynne had slid toward her. After a quick skim on it, she opened a large red binder that was clearly looking as if it might explode if one more paper was placed within. The old women with a mole on her nose quickly flipped through it's pages before quickly shutting it. The quickness of this action had sent a breeze that loosed a wavy curl from Lynne's head, causing her to quickly place the loose strand behind her ear. "It appears most of our flatmate applications are full." The woman said flatly. "However... it seems we have one room opening as well. However it is a male applicant, are you okay with this?" Just from hearing the words of a open room had caused a smile to from on the girl's lip. Who cares if her flatmate was a boy? This was her only option in this big city, especially since it was the cheapest and she wasn't going to let this chance get away from her.
"I'll take it!"

The woman gave her a disapproving look and nodded sharply. She slid a form across the high desk and sniffed. "Fill that out." She tapped a dramatically pointed fingernail on the stark-white piece of paper. She looked up and down all of the girl that she could see from her swivel chair. "The paperwork will take a few weeks to run through, but both you and the man look desperate for a place to live in. I'm not supposed to, but you'll find out soon enough that we're more lax about things around here, so you can go ahead and move in. In fact," she gestured upward with a heavily jeweled hand, "he's in the apartment now, so you can go up when you're done with the paperwork, if you want." She shrugged and dug in a drawer.

The secretary pulled out a pack of cigarettes and withdrew an extra long one. She lifted a grotesquely filled in eyebrow. "Well? I can't wait all day." She lit the cigarette and tapped the form again. Then she turned away and leveled her eyes on the small tv on her desk. It was displaying a staticky football game.

Anahera walked around the apartment, looking at the black mold in the ceiling, the dinged up linoleum, and stained carpet. He walked into the bathroom and looked into the bathtub. His stomach squirmed and he quickly looked away. The toilet was no better. The mirror was cracked. The steady dripping from the showerhead was getting on his nerves.

He took a deep breath and walked into the kitchen. The whole place stank. The fridge was making a horrible sound, and when he opened it he quickly closed it again, swallowing back bile. He put his hands on his waist, shaking his head. He then moved his hands to behind his head--his white teeshirt stretching tight over his muscled chest--and he closed his eyes, trying to convince himself that this was worth it. The loose demon was enough trouble that this horrible place was okay to live in. He could clean it. He could buy the most extreme chemicals that Earth had and he would make this place shine. He would paint the walls. He would do everything he had to to make his new home bearable.

His eyes were still closed when he heard footsteps in the hall through the open door, but not guessing that they would be important to him he kept his eyes closed, picturing how he would perfect this place. It wasn't Heaven, but he would make it as close as he could.

Carefully recieving the stark-white paper, Lynne examined it as well as the fine print. She was so relieved she managed to figure out a place to stay, not having to worry about it as much and just focus on her oncoming classes that were soon approaching. Upon hearing the impatient secretary's remark, she nervously bit her bottom and signed and filled out the rest of her paperwork for the apartment space. Not being able to help herself but to glance over to see that the secretary was distracting herself with a heated football game with who knows what team. Holding back a slight snicker she slipped the paper back towards the secretary.

She soon took the spare keys to her room and began repeating the secretary's instructions on how to get to her flat. Although the place wasn't as pretty and.. nice as she would like, it was still a warm place to stay. She had now her own place, and didn't have to get the help of her parents, she wanted, no needed her indepence from them.

Soon, she reached her flat and stared at the bronze key in her palm. She felt her heart begin to beat out of her chest.. What kind of person would her flatmate be? Would she be able to have a seperate from him? What if he was some kind of pervert?! All of these crazy thoughts began to invade her innocent dreams of independence, causing her cheeks to burn with heat of nervousness. With a clammy hand, she place the key within the door and unlocked it, stepping inside, forgetting to knock. Whoops.

As soon as she stepped inside, she could tell the place was a hot-mess. She placed the collar of her navy blouse over her nose to protect it from the wavering stentch that seemed to be coming from what came from what looked like to be kitchen. She slowly walked inside, looking around and examining her new home. It was going to need some work, but with time, this could be her own little haven. At least she hoped.

Lynne soon snapped out of her daydream once she realized a tall, muscular male standing infront of her, eyes closed and seemed to have not even noticed her coming in. Once again her cheeks turned a rosy color, this guy was seriously cute. "U-uh.. hi?" she said loud enough to hopefully get his attention.

"Who are you?"

Anahera's grey eyes popped open and he blinked, surprised, to find a young woman in his apartment. She looked awkward and nervous, and suddenly the young angel's thoughts fell into place. He smiled, displaying a startlingly perfect set of teeth. He lowered his hands and walked toward her.

"You must be my... what's the term? Apartment buddy? No, that's not it..." he looked to the side, his brows slid slightly down. Then his eyes lit up and he looked back at the young woman. "Flatmate!" he exclaimed. "My name is Anahera." He held out his large left hand. He felt like it would be right to kiss her hand, but he knew that wasn't in fashion anymore. It seemed a shame. "I didn't expect someone to apply so soon, but I'm glad."

Last edited:
Goodness, the sound of his voice was almost soothing, angelic like maybe?
Lynn quickly shook her head slightly to focus back on the situation at hand as her new flatmate, Anahera, introduced himself. "Oh, um, its nice to meet your Anahera. That's a unqiue name, i've never heard it before. Where did you get it from?" She questioned curiously, pulling a strand of hair behind her ear, revealing more of her dark greenish-gray eyes. "I wasn't expecting to find much openings for rooms when I applied, lucky us I suppose." She managed to joke lightly, a slight smile forming on her lips before she cleared her throat, offering her hand forward for a hand shake. "I almost forgot to introduce myself. My name is Lynne Rose. I'm actually a college student here in this town and just moved here, how about you? What brings you here to the big city?"

Why had Lynne Rose shaken her head? Had he done something wrong? Anahera's brows lowered, and not just because he was concerned that he may have upset her. How to answer her questions? "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lynne Rose." He shook her small hand gently. It was very soft.

"I uh," he cleared his throat and looked away. "I suppose I got my name from my... m-mother." Anahera didn't have a mother, so the word was strange on his tongue. He hadn't considered at all that his name would be considered strange and he should find a way to explain it.

Now the next question. His eyes moved back to hers, and while he couldn't tell, they were filled with anxiety. "I'm new here too. I'm from very far away." He was stalling. He cleared his throat again and smiled. "I guess you could say I'm here to find someone. They shouldn't be here and I need to send them back to where they do belong." That sounded plausible. It was true, as well. Would she ask him who he was looking for?

As Lynne's hand was taken into the older gentleman's she couldn't help but feel so small. Lynne actually had a bad experience with men in the past and actually speaking Anahera made her quite nervous and anxious. She couldn't help her self and she noticed the feelings of his own hand on hers. It was strong but gentle. Strange. After the short greeting and introductions, they released each other's hand. Meeting the male's gaze, Lynne couldn't help but avert her gaze slightly, taking note of his long hair and blue eyes. She lifted her gaze back up to listen to his response to her earlier question about the idea of his name and where is had come from, she could tell by the way he answered that something was odd. But she wouldn't think about it to much.

"I see, your mother must be a very interesting woman." she replied politely.

"I see, so you must live in the country then? I did too for awhile, I kinda miss it." She reminiced.

At his explaination on why he had come into the town as well, her curiousity got the best of her. "To find someone? Who is it, if I may ask? Did you have a sibling who ran away or something?"

Anahera shifted back and forth on his feet at her "mother" comment. He hoped this wouldn't be a problem later in their relationship. He wasn't supposed to let anyone know he was an angel. It may cause panic. Most people didn't believe in anything supernatural, so he certainly could tell the truth.

Anahera let out a very loud "HA!" when Lynne asked if Shayton was his sibling. Oh boy, he was glad he wasn't. He shook his head, still chuckling. "No. He isn't my sibling. Just a problem from another place. I've been sent to stop him before he does anything harmful to anyone or anything."

Lynne jumped slightly at Anahera’s sudden outburst. Listening carefully at his explanation that the apparent male he was looking for was not in fact his brother. It was quite humorous to see him react in such a way. Although the clearly explained it was not a sibling he was looking for but a trouble some friend it seem, she couldn’t help but keep her curiousity contained.
“Trouble? What kind of trouble could your friend cause? It couldn’t be that much.” She humored. “If you would like, I could possibly help you find this... person or friend of yours that you need to take back home with you.” She offered. Feeling more and more less anxious as the conversation continued. Lynne couldn’t help but study the blonde’s facial expressions to her comments, curious to know more about him... what secrets he seemed to be holding back it seemed. Something wasn’t adding up.

Anahera's eyes widened, then his face slammed shut like a clam shell. "I don't think that would work out," he said in a deep monotone. "This person is very dangerous and I don't want you to get involved in case you get hurt. He is my problem."

Anahera stepped back and stuck his fingers in his pockets. He watched Lynne warily, then looked away and went to the window. He pushed it open, then pulled his shirt back down. ((I'm really thinking of Anahera and the teeshirt like Thor. ;P If you havnen't seen Thor, I'll snag a gif.))

He turned back to Lynne with a smile on his face. The smile looked a little forced. He looked behind her then and saw the open door. Taking fast, long strides he passed her and closed the door. It wasn't a gentle close.

Ouch. The atmosphere in the room seem to have grown heavy at the mention of her helping Anahera help him in what ever friend could cause if not returned to where he apparently belonged. At his sudden change of personality, Lynne couldn’t help but wonder if this guy he was desperate to find was some kind of criminal of some sort, and Anahera was some sort of undercover cop maybe? And she was simply prying to hard into something she had no business in.

((I have heard of Thor actually and he is a hunkkk ))

As Anahera stared back at her for a moment, Lynne’s cheeks began to grow a rosy color, she averted her eyes quickly. She really had stepped over some kind of line with all of her questions. This thought however was dismissed as she watched Anahera wall towards their flat’s window, about the only think that was nice about the place. She studied his muscler back before once again drifting her gaze away before she was caught staring. What kind of person was her room mate actually? What was he actually here for? And why was the person he was searching for so dangerous.

All these thoughts seemed to fill her head as she played with the seam of her light rose colored light sweater sleeve. She looked back up, the warmth of the man she had met earlier had returned to Anahera, but his smile was uncomfortable and forced. Why?

Another thought was tossed out the window as she saw his gaze shift behind her. Before she had a chance to see what he had seen, he had took quick strides to close their flat’s door, not very gentle either.

She jumped slightly, hitting her bottom lip. A nervous habit of hers.

“W-Whats wrong Anahera? I swear I closed the door behind me..”

((That's how I'm imagining my hunky angel ;P))

Anahera's eyes were dark when he looked from her to the door and back. "Mm," he rumbled.

He turned away and took a few steps back to the window. He looked out, around at the street below them and at the other buildings around them. He set a hand to his hip and used the other to ruffle his hair. "Paranoid," he murmured. "He couldn't know that I have come. And even if he did he wouldn't be able to find me so quickly. Right?" Anahera scrubbed his hands over his face vigorously.

"I don't like Earth," he said a little too loudly. He didn't mean to, of course, but it was done. Then he realized that Lynne Rose must have heard him and his back visibly tensed. He slowly let out a breath, then turned, trying to make his face look normal.

"Sorry, Lynne Rose. I need to go. I'll be back later. Late." He strode past her and flung the door open. He stepped through, slammed the door, then leaned against the wall and sighed.

Day one and he had already screwed things up. What could he tell her now? He would have to come up with an excuse, and his behavior after he had said the incriminating words had been even more incriminating. He cursed lightly and walked down the hall, his footsteps thumping.

Hours later he had the cleaning supplies he needed and had looked into getting a job. He was delaying the inevitable, he knew, but it had to end somewhere. He needed to go back. He had also thought of a way to try to make things better. He had never eaten Earth's food, and he was pretty sure it wouldn't be safe to cook in that kitchen. Lynne Rose was probably hungry by now--he knew that he was. He would ask her if she wanted to eat with him.

Outside the apartment he put down a few of his bags and fished in his pocket for his key. He put it in, turned it, heard the click, then froze. What would she say to him? This would be... awkward.

He pushed the door open, slipped the plastic bags through his hand again and stepped through.

Lynne began to chew on her bottom lip a bit harder in anxiety as she noticed Anahera didn’t give her a clear answer onto why he had slammed the door so hard and what had caused the drastic change in his personality due to that one event. Seriously, who was this man? She had to snap herself out of her growing and linger thoughts before they got the better of her, he was just paranoid it seemed. For a moment, Lynne studied Anahera and his pacing, before over hearing his mumble about how he hated earth. Now what on earth could that possibly mean? Lynne’s uneasiness began to unravel once again as she noticed his back was now tense from his accidentally confession of some sort. What.. was he? Before she had a chance to question him, he turned to her and explained he needed to go out and wouldn’t be back to until late it seemed. “U-uh.. okay I guess.” She muttered. Watching the blonde now make his way for the door before closing it behind him in a haste. She couldn’t help but jump once more at the sound of the door close again.

Anahera was strange. One moment he was kind and gentle, the next he was mysterious and secretive. If she would be living with this man for a while, she wanted to know who he actually was. She hated secrets.

Now that she was alone for a while, Lynne took the time to tidy the house up a bit and go out to her car move some furniture in to give some life to their new home, and although it wasn’t much as the moment, it was still better then sitting on the floor. After a couple hours of tidying up and organizing she rose her gaze to the front door once again as Anahera had opened it and walked inside, carrying what seemed to be groceries. “Oh, Anahera. Welcome back.” She spoke carefully, standing up from previously cleaning dust off the floor with a dust pan in one hand and a broom in the other. “ I cleaned up a little while you were gone, if you didn’t mind.” She explained, trying to forget the earlier questions and awkwardness. Her gaze shifted to the plastic bags. “What did you bring, if I may ask?” She questioned, the earlier out burst still lingering in her mind... maybe she would ask him once again, once he was settled in.

Putting away the broom and dust pan, she cleaned her hands and asked if he needed help putting anything away before asking, “Anahera, I know we may be leaving together for a little while, And I have to ask... why did you say you don’t like earth...? What do you mean..?” “ I won’t tell anyone.”

Anahera's eyes skimmed the room, looking for with new flatmate. He was definitely nervous. There were a few new pieces of furniture that Anahera hoped Lynne Rose had gotten help with carrying on the stairs. The plush blue loveseat didn't look light and the two wonderful wooden chairs around a card table where the dining room area was could have tripped her up when she was carrying them. He felt back for storming out. He should've been here to help her. He closed his eyes for a second and shook his head slightly, admonishing himself.

When Anahera saw that she was cleaning his face lit up and he grinned. "Mind? Why would I mind? I'm glad you are! I actually brought more cleaning supplies. I knew we would need the most extreme ones there, so I dug around the stores and asked some people." He held up his arms at shoulder height. "I think I found the best!"

She approached. "Nah, I think I'm good. I'm just going to put things on the floor right now. I don't think the cabinets are safe to put things in." He smiled that brilliant smile.

Then she asked it.

He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. He caught a scent that was very nice, so he knew it had to be her. She smelled very pleasant. Earth stank of so many things, and his apartment was worse, but she smelled nice. He smiled dreamily, then his mind reminded him her question. He opened his eyes and looked deep into hers. They were a very pretty grey-green. He hadn't noticed them before.

"I can't tell you that. I'm sorry, but you are going to have to trust me. I know it's not fair to you, but my secrets can't be yours. I can promise you, though, I mean you no harm, nor will I do anything that might harm anyone you care about. I want to be your friend, but I can't reveal to you the truth about me." He smiled hesitatingly. "Can you accept that? If you can't..." his smile fell, "then I'll leave. I'll find somewhere else to live, and you won't have to hear from me anymore."

popsies.regular.png

Amazed about all the extreme, deep cleaning supplies, her eyes wandered, scanning all of the items. "You did get alot of great stuff, it should freshen up the place a bit." She chuckled softly taking note of sketchy cabinets Anahera had pointed out earlier when she offered to help him put some of the cleaning supplies away. "You're right, they are in a bit of a rough shape." She agreed, pulling on one of the handles of the cabinet only to have the door fall off and onto the floor, causing the poor girl to jump out of the way before the heavy door managed to get to her feet and crush them. "Whew, that was close." she muttered.

Her attention then turned back to Anahera who seemed to almost be staring at her. The moment their eyes met she felt her heart jump slightly, and her cheeks grew a rosy hue on her lightly freckled face. He had very gentle appearance to him, angelic almost. Anahera was unlike any man, or boy she had met once before. His presence, strangely enough made her feel safe and secure. He had this scent of fresh breeze to him, way better than the grummy apartment that they would hopefully work on later to clean.

Her smile was met with his until suddenly she noticed his change in tone and the change in his posture to her earlier question on why he said earth was strange.. was he not from here? she wondered. That couldn't be possible, could it?

Her soft smile turned into a slight frown as he explained clearly that he could not tell her anything. Point made clear, it was none of her business. This answer was not the one she wanted but she couldn't help but agree with it. Lynne did not want him to leave, so far he was the only person she met in this flat that made her feel comfortable and she didn't want to be paired up with someone else, especially another male that may be the complete opposite of Anahera. She shuddered at this thought before returning her gaze back to the now returned gentle and anxious blue-grey eyes that belonged to Anahera.
"No no, please stay. I understand if it is something that is a private matter. Sorry for prying so much into something that was clearly none of my business. I would like the chance of becoming your friend however." Her frown, turning back to a smile was kind and sincere.

Anahera's heart drooped with relief. He wouldn't have to leave. Good. It had taken far too long as it was to find this place. And he liked Lynne Rose. She was one of the nicest people he had met so far on Earth. A bit nosy, but nice. And she wanted to clean!

His smile was gentle and warm, his eyes glowing with happiness. "I'm glad," he said softly. He breathed her in once more then looked around.

"It looks nice in here. I hope you didn't have to get all this stuff up the stairs. I would feel like a right jerk if I had left when you needed help."

Then his stomach rumbled and he blushed slightly. He gave Lynne Rose a nervous smile and asked, "Are you hungry? I know I am. I thought it would be nice for us to, you know," he moved his hands, palms up, up and down in a "maybe, maybe not" way, then he shrugged, "get something to eat together."

For some reason he felt awkward about asking this. He wasn't sure if it was because he knew that they would talk at a restaurant and he wouldn't be able to tell her much, or something else. It just felt weird.

Lynne felt relieved to see that the atmosphere between them was little more comfortable then tense when they first met, it was nice. It seemed she may have found her first friend since coming to this big city. She couldn’t help but return the warm smile that Anahera beamed to her. His smile was sweet and contagious almost.

She couldn’t help but giggle softly at his apology of leaving her alone to carry most of the heavy looking furniture into their apartment, which was closer to the upper mid level and was a bit of climb up the stairs. She decided not to make the poor feel to bad about it. Though, she would have liked to have teased him.

“Oh it was no big deal, I managed on my own. They weren’t all that heavy.” She tried to reassure him, giving him one of her soft smile that should a hint of a dimple on her right cheek.

Once again Anahera had caught her off guard at his question, almost like a request for a... date? Or simply dinner. Oh, she was over thinking again.

“You want to get dinner together?” She muttered his own question with hint of shyness in her voice. “Oh um.. sure, why not. It could help us get to know each other, especially since I’ve been praying Into your life a bit, maybe you could pry into mine.” She joked.

She bit her bottom lip softly, the tender sensitive skin was already red and swollen slightly from her earlier chewing and bitting on it from nervousness.

“ What did you have in mind, Anahera?”

Back