1x1 The Tournament of Power

He didn't get far until the person came to view. Even here her costume made her stand out.

"What are you looking at?" The woman gave Naoki a look over. "You're a fighter right? A killer?" She bopped his nose with her finger. "I can tell." She seemed like a pop star, or something like that but that look in her eyes. A killing intent.​

@Takumi

He didn't get far until the person came to view. Even here her costume made her stand out.

"What are you looking at?" The woman gave Naoki a look over. "You're a fighter right? A killer?" She bopped his nose with her finger. "I can tell." She seemed like a pop star, or something like that but that look in her eyes. A killing intent.​

@Takumi

He'd seen a few odd things both before and after this melding of worlds but even he had to do a brief double take at the woman's clothes. He blinked as he was bopped on the nose, when she spoke, he wasn't exactly expecting the words to come out of her mouth that way.

"Your outfit is pretty sparkly," He answered, before adding, "and only killed demons or monsters that have tried to kill me first." And some demons back home were outright blunt about their want to eat him, so wasn't it moreso self defense, than anything? If talking didn't work, punching or spells worked to protect him. The look in her eyes though, made him a bit more alert and wary.

@Jeremi

Last edited:
"Hello, of course it is. Don't you know who I am? Kimmy Love? Sensational popstar?" Kimmy replied to Naoko. "Whatever, what does it matter here anyway? You're just small fry. I got eyes on one guy only and if he's not going to show up to this I'm going to be really fucking pissed."

Kimmy really seemed to be angry as she started to tap her foot on the ground. "So did you want something? Cause no one walks up to Kimmy Love if they aren't expecting something. FYI, I'm not doing any autographs."

@Takumi

The Demifiend didn't expect the conversation to go the way it was going, but he could go with whatever was going on.

"No, I don't know who you are." Naoki answered bluntly. Thought tilted his head a click as she kept talking. So, she was hoping someone else would be at the tournament, huh? Seemed that outside of being a pop star she might of busted a few heads.

"I saw someone down this way, seemed like they were talking, to someone else or themself I dunno, just went to check it out is all." He replied with a shrug.

@Jeremi

"And I don't even have my album on me..." Kimmy remarked. "Oh so you really are some sort of creepy stalker person? Too bad but I was the only one here when I got out of my room."

She eyed Naoki with a knowing look. "You really are pretty creepy but I'll just trust you for now. I'll kill you in the tournament instead, kay?"

@Takumi

Huh. He never got called creepy before. At least, not that he could remember. Naoki frowned, crossing his arms as Kimmy explained that she was the only one in the hall. Maybe whoever it might of been is also in the tournament and just went to their room?

"I'm not a stalker." He huffed, though rose a brow when the pop star said she'd trust him for now. Then kill him during the tournament. Well that's one way to make acquaintances.

"Good luck with that, we'll see how it goes." He replied. Given the general vibe he got from her, he wouldn't be surprised if she did attempt to kill him during a match. Maybe whoever she was hoping would be part of the tournament was someone she wanted to kill too? He didn't know if that guess was right and he didn't really want to know.

@Jeremi

"Kid, I don't need luck. I just need. Me." She emphasized that with a little dance pose. "Anyway, I'm bored now and I don't really care about this so..." Without another word she disengaged from the conversation and walked towards where the elevators were leaving Naoki alone once again.

@Takumi

Well, that was...something. With Kimmy gone, Naoki went to find the Battle Square to try and finally get some practice in beforehand, now that he had his first goal out of the way. No more making new friends or enemies, just getting rid of some pent up energy. At least for a little while, anyway.

@Jeremi

Naoki's trip to the Battle Square was uneventful. The little crowd at the lobby in the hotel had dispersed in the time he had been gone. No one seemed to catch his attention as he made his way outside towards the tombstone that had 'Battle Square' written on it. Soon enough he was riding the tube to his next destination.

After the short trip he found himself at the entrance to the Battle Square. People were going back and forth between the different tubes but the stairs up to the area were clear.

Inside was also surprisingly quiet with only a few people standing around. Maybe some of them were here to participate in the tournament? Anyway Naoki's path was clear as he made his way towards the desk that was being taken care of by a male employee. "Welcome!" The man exclaimed as Naoki came near. "Do you wish to participate in the Battle Square?"​

@Takumi

It seemed that there wasn't many here in the Battle Square. Naoki wouldn't of been surprised if some of the tournament participants didn't find a need to practice or were simply resting. Then again, maybe some of the people standing around were fellow participants?

"Yes, I do." Naoki responded to the employee as he approached the front desk.

@Jeremi

"Excellent! That'll be 10GP and you're good to go!" The man quickly realized though that Naoki didn't have the GP to pay. Instead of sending him off however the employee looked around before beckoning Naoki to do the same. "Look...I shouldn't do this but you seem like a guy who can take care of themselves. No one really uses the Battle Square that much anymore, even when we've got our hands on so many new monsters. We have a 'Special' tournament going where you go eight rounds against different monsters. At the end of it you'll get a cash price, so you'll pay me when you're done, and a special accessory. So if you're up to that then..."

He motioned towards the door at the end of the hall. "There's the door."

Going inside Naoki was met with a square arena with some weird purple liquid surrounding it. It wasn't too big but the area was big enough to maneuver with no fear of falling into the purple stuff.

As the door slammed shut behind him another one opened in front. Revealing his first foe.

A trio of goofy little slime leaped out unto the arena and stared intently at Naoki.​

@Takumi

Well, it seemed in the end he'd still gain some experience from the Battle Square in some capacity. It was a little weird, but Naoki supposed that since no one really used the Battle Square much anymore it'd make sense why this was a thing. The purple stuff was probably the weirdest thing in the room so far. Once his first enemies appeared, he took on a fighting stance.

Deciding how he'd go about this, he started off with using Ice Breath to attack the three dopey little slimes at once!

@Jeremi

The poor slimes didn't stand a chance. The trio were blown back by the icy winds and dropped into the liquid around the arena. After a moment of silence and Naoki allowed to catch his breath the gates on the other side opened again.

This time two large and very aggressive ants emerged. Instead of waiting for Naoki to act both of them would charge against the Demifiend with their jaws snapping towards him.

@Takumi

Back