Isn't It Grimm? The Town

"As long as you behave, I will protect you. The instant you turn on me, the forest shall turn on you." She said, almost darkly. It was scary once she became serious, because she was usually a soft spoken woman.

Solstice grabbed her bag off of a hanger, it held a grinding tool and a few containers for her to store the herbs. She looked back at him, "Do you plan on coming? The animals will not bother you as long as I am here."

"Just a lovely thing to hear form such a pretty little fairy like yourself," He grumbled softly, more to himself than to her as he stretched— popping his back in the process before nodding. "Yeah, yeah, lets just go and I can lead the way."

"Will you be alright walking?" She asked as she shut the door behind them. She placed a sign on the door that read: Went out for medicine. Before turning back to him and raising an eyebrow, "And you shall lead..?"

"Yeah, I know a great spot for the herbs and my leg is not the worst injury I've substained." He laughed and grabbed her incredible and soft hand, squeezing it as he began to pad along the streets. Many beings that would look otherworldly and like they belonged in a circus walked along, but that was normal most likely for her.

Solstice stumbled a bit as she was tugged along. She smiled and waved at people who passed her, them doing the same. No doubt she was a popular woman in the tow, being a petite female doctor. Especially to the men, since she was not courted from being too busy with work. She didn't have time, nor did she care for the interaction with men.

Jack was visibly seething as he watched her looking at other people, but then again he reminded himself that she and he... well, they were not a pair of lovers or anything like such. Not to her anyways, but in his point of view- they could potentially become such with a simple... 'pull of the lever' and he would be a mighty happy and busy lord.

"Do you know all of them? This town is pretty big so I'm surprised if you do, or are you just trying to be polite like all of those low lives?"

"As a doctor, I know quite a few people," She said between waving and smiling at people, "That and many men in this area have tried to court me. A single fairy doctor is something men get riled up at." She laughed softly, shaking her head, "I do not have time for such relations."

By this point, they were making their way to the edge of the forest. Her wings fluttered with delight and excitement. She LOVED the forest.

Sharp eyes that clearly read distaste and furious spikes of anger at the very idea of anyone trying to court one of the many fairies in the town that he adored, but then again, the laws of this world were rather strict when it came or human and supernatural relations- they can be enemies, they can be aquatinted, friends, but not lovers... if they are caught having a child with one another, the council will send one of the two out of the town. Some saw this rule as pointless, but one of the deceased council members was part necromancer and part human... they tried to raise an army to take both worlds but never crossed the gates, he was killed.

"Ah..." he snapped from his thoughts as the murderous male stared at the forest ahead. "Do you know where the great koi fish pond is through here? I usually go all the way around..."

"Straight ahead," Solstice told him as she smiled, waving to a fellow doctor from the other side of town. She knew her way around the area quite well, and the great Koi pond was one of her favorite sights to see. She often spent her free time there, the little bit she had.

She took a deep breath, inhaling the wilderness smell. "Lets make this quick, so I may be able to get back to work. I'd hate for a patient to show." She admitted.

( Fish was not made by me, rest was )
IMG_2750.jpg

Jack nodded his head and began to walk with her through the underbrush and thick forestries around them. "Alright, then run. I bet I could beat you into the lak– to the lake shore, not going into that horrid water." Without waiting for her to reply, he had a playful expression for once- almost child like and sincere. He ran along ahead of her and soon enough they could see where the trees stopped and the rocky, grassy, ground met with damp soil and water.

( LOL, Love it.)

Solstice blinked as he took off ahead. She rolled her eyes, her wings fluttering before she took flight from the ground. She flew overhead of him, smiling. She loved to fly, the freedom of it. Birds fluttered under her wings, well, humans would call them birds. But here, they had Griffins and other animals. She ran her fingers through the Griffins wings as they eventually landed at the shore line of the lake. The griffin stayed right at her side. She pulled out an apple, feeding it to the griffin and rubbing it's head, "Good boy.."

"Thank you~" Jack assumed she spoke to him before glaring at the creature, it was one of the larger species of them. There were three species of griffins- a house cat sized species called Timigriffs, a dragon sized species called Palegriffs, and then the normal Griffin. He approached it and attempted to shoo it away by waving his hands. "Oi! Stop stealing her affection from me, bird brain!"

Solstice laughed softly as she Griffin let out a strange noise at him, nestling it's head under her arm. She smiled and cradled the bird-like creature. She kissed it's head, it wondering off under a near-by tree and not taking it's eye off Jack.
Solstice rose an eyebrow at the Griffin, blinking.

"That creature... it is lucky I do not attempt to feed it to the fish-" The male sulked before looking up at the dairy and tugging lightly at her arm, he slowly crept close to the water and moved aside the tall reeds. Sure enough, he had told the truth as an abundance of many herbs were spotted along the waters edge, ripe and of many proportions- different shapes and sizes, some normal pain sedatives, some for simply helping heal wounds, ect.

"This is amazing! Thank you for taking me." Solstice shot him her award winning smile before crouching by the water. She slid her bag off her shoulder and began to take out containers, all labeled for different things and different herbs. She began to pluck them, placing them in different containers correctly. The large koi swam by her, not seeming to mind her presence near them.

Jack wandered near the waters edge a little away from her, a large Koi fish leaping up and an almost girlish screech sounded as several curses follow. "You stupid, algae for brains, da**able fish! Don't you even dare try to eat me again!" His face was beat red and he glanced over at the female, hoping she did not hear him panic as the fish slowly sank back into the water.

Solstice jumped slightly and turned as she heart a girlish yell. She locked eyes with the man who had shown her this beautiful place. In an instant, the forest was filled with the sounds of her beautiful laughter. She couldn't help it, not even she flinched at the fish down below, for she was not scared of them, nor were they of her. "D-Did you just.." She giggled, covering her lips with her hand as she continued to chuckle.

"THIS FISH HAS HAD IT OUT FOR ME EVER SINCE I CAME HERE! IT IS NOT MY FAULT IT KEEPS TRYING TO LEAP OUT OF THAT POND AND EAT ME EVERY TIME I COME HERE!" The male shouts, arms crossed and moping almost childishly, head hurriedly hiding away into his arms with puffed out cheeks. Her laughter sounded nice but she was really nervous about it.

Solstice dipped her hand in the water, the same fish brushing against her hand softly. "I saved this fishes life. He was washed upon shore. I hurried him back. He's quite gentle once you get him to trust you." She mentioned, a hint of a smile still traced on her face. SHe locked her steel blue gaze with his, "You are.. What you humans called, a chicken?" It sounded kind of awkward, but she smirked at the end of her teasing.

"I am not a chicken! That creature just has a grudge against me for no reason!" His arms cross and he grumbled under his breathe, "it isn't my fault all Koi fish look feminine! How was I supposed to know that he was a male? All I did was ask for some fish eggs to try and cook- I would only need about one anyways..."

Back