Isn't It Grimm? The Town

"They are very protective of their young." Solstice replied with a smile, her hand in the water as she slowly stood up. She walked past him, and sat herself under a tree. She began to grind up the herbs, making sure they were crushed to make a liquid.

"Understandable, but every other creature gets to eat some here and there, I figured humans could be part of that..." He puffs in a deal of annoyance, but he quickly began to follow after Solstice and sat beside her as he wanted to help but was not certain how to.

"You are human. I'm pretty sure chickens in your realm would peck my hand off if I touched their eggs." She teased her new friend with a small smirk on her lips. She handed him another grinder and some herbs, "Please, grind this up for me." She could tell he needed something to do.
She sat on her legs, humming softly as she continue to make her pain medicine.

"Ya know, I heard that some of those fancy wizards up to the northern side of town, I heard that they learned a way to do this in a real jiffy- somethin about collecting fallen teeth from more.. carnivorous... creatures and putting them into some device, it then is able to grind them..." Jack took the grinder and began to mash the plants together.

Solstice laughed, a slight snort coming out as her eyes rolled, "Wizards commonly find a lazy way out." She told him, mixing other ingredients into her grinder. She was bitter towards Wizards and how they took the easy way out of things,
"I prefer things to be precise, done by hand and with care." She peered over at him as she spoke.

"I cannot be like that, sorry, well... not sorry. But it is simply because I like to have time to do much more than just grind herbs while I have places to be, I would think Oahu would care about such precious time... no matter how slowly it ticks by here." He scoffed slightly, eyes gazing up at the sky.

Solstice rolled her eyes, taking the bowl gently from him as their finger tips grazed. She packed them all up, humming softly as she did to. "I believe I have enough now." She said, not wanting to dwell on the topic of time.

Jack was momentarily bothered at this, she was about to be out of his life again. Most women that were very ready to leave his life ended up with being ripped apart- but she was different... he would never harm her body, maybe test around with those wings though... it would be enjoyable to see her tea— he snapped out of it and padded with her. "Alright..."

"Shouldn't you be heading back to the human realm?" Solstice asked, her back over her arm so it wouldn't hurt her wings. Her wings fluttered behind her, sprinkling little bits of fairy dust where she walked. When they made their way back in town, people once more smiled and waved at her, a few grimey looking men winking her way. She grimaced at that internally, but kept a smile on her face.

"I cannot yet, if I go back it puts the entrance at risk. I am sure you would not want humans coming here and destroying everything that you know after all." He had a sly grin making it's way on his face, "I would like to keep you company, anyways, it would be a fair amount of fun I believe, what do you think? I could hang around your little... hospital of sorts... help maybe with some patients?"

"That is fine, but cause any trouble and I'll have that Koi fish get you out." Solstice teased him with a sly smirk. She sighed, walking to her office, where there was someone waiting. She frowned, it was a child fairy who had gotten a small cut on his leg. She cracked jokes with the child, who was smiling and giggling. She fixed up the small scrape, the mother and father giving the doctor a hug, which she gladly returned. The kid hugged her legs, "Thank you pwetty doctor!" Her heart melted at his words, rubbing his head, "Of course.." The kid ran back to his parents, talking about how he wanted to marry the pretty lady at the doctors office. She laughed, shaking her head.

"He...h... yeah... I will keep that in mind." As they arrived, Jack was quite obviously distracted by all of their wrings, he had a fair collection of wing scraps but never once had he been able to get a single full one. What a disappointment too! He could be quite the strange male with his desires, so much so that the boy refused to remain in the room with the four winged beings until he could hear the child that is. Fuming, he was fuming- he was the one getting the 'pretty lady' first. Not some child.

Solstice smiled as the family walked out. She laughed a bit, "What a cutie. I love kids." She told her new friend, placing her medicine that she made in the correct bottles, sorting them alphabetically. She smiled at her work, "Looks good~!" She said happily, as the door rang.
In walked a large man, definitely an imp. She frowned as she ran over, "What is the problem?"
The man just chuckled, "Well, a pretty fairy caught my eye.. But besides that, my arm is broken." He said. Thats when she noticed the poorly done cast around the mans arm. She cringed, grabbing some medicine and getting to work.
All through the appointment, he made suggestive remarks, touching her arm and what not. She was used to this by now, ignoring him and nodding casually with his conversation.

"Of course you do, it is in your blood to have a family mentality, therefore, to like kids..." he grumbles quietly- honestly, not being much of a fan of them himself and expressing such openly. "A twitch of the eye brows as he saw the imp walk in, "Imps. Always letting themselves get hurt and not wanting help til it isn't worse than expected, not to mention their peevish behavior." Jack was not a fan of the male flirting with her, evidently.

"You're all done." Solstice said with a kind smile. The imp got up, glaring over at the male in the room with her. He then turned her attention back to her, "Maybe you can join me for dinner one night," The man wanted to get onto Jack's nerves, and it was evidently working,
"Sorry sir, I don't have relations with my patients." She said casually, moving her blonde hair over one shoulder. The mans jaw dropped, "Everyone is your patient! You're gonna die alone." He said, shoving his finger in her face bitterly,
"I'm alright with that, carry on."
She turned around, walking away from him as he stormed out, slamming the door behind him.

"Does that mean I do not have a shot then? Or were you telling that brute that so you do not end up getting those beautiful wings crushed in a hopeless relationship?" His head cocked to the side and Jack raised an eyebrow in obvious inquiry. "He would not have been good for you, that was obvious- I suppose I would not be either though. I die so quickly and you would live past me... wouldn't you?"

"I say it to everyone. I'm not really looking. I do not have time for meaningless relationships. Especially since my kind is so thin already." Solstice told him, organizing her medicine by different names,
"Hm? It depends. Some live for centuries, decades, and some die soon. Depends on the situation." She said. She had many fairies die from being put into war at the human world, and some who adventured into the wilderness, too far.

Back