The Treasure of the Copper Scroll (LadyAwesome & DestrixGunnar)

LadyAwesome

@DestrixGunnar

BIOGRAPHIES

Name: Joshua Ryan
Appearance:
131e4661b8aa1287f0abcded0d5a9e03.jpg

Also has a good build and physique.

Personality: Joshua is someone who is light on words and is socially awkward. He is a total bookworm as he has a natural interest in them. He is also a gym freak and this is because of his insecurities during his teenage years. In addition to these two interest he also happens to be a massive geek. He doesn't quite like going out of his comfort zone but would do it for his friends.

Being a bookworm, he is as smart as he looks. He knows several different languages and excelled in his studies during his student years. And being a gym freak, he can hold his own in the strength department.

Name: Thalia Hunt
Age: 21 (Unless you want to do a teenage thing, either is good with me)

Appearance:
BlueHairCartoon%255B1%255D.png

Personality: Fun and adventurous. She is naturally curious and probably asks questions she shouldn’t. At first impression, she is outgoing, but on the inside she is screaming with insecurities. She tries her very best to be friendly and kind to those she meets. She doesn’t have any friends, but she would do absolutely anything to make them happy, even if it means crossing oceans to do so.

She is a MAJOR geek and loves to read. Books are an escape from her boring, mundane reality. Thalia longs for the day that she doesn't just have to read about the adventures of her favorite characters, but when she can live them instead.

PLOT

Thalia and Joshua have been the best of friends since middle school. They grew up next door to each other when Thalia and her father and younger sister moved in next to Joshua's family. Joshua was very friendly and welcoming with Thalia from day one, and they bonded thanks to their mutual love of reading. They would read and write stories of adventures and the heroes who take on evil monsters and find lost riches in sunken ships. Both are dreamers, and writers, and adventure-lovers who have been inseparable since the very day they met.

One summer day, Thalia discovers a legend: The Treasure of the Copper Scroll. She hatches a plan to take on the journey, believing it's much more than just a legend. Of course, Joshua - though he may not fully believe in this story - is her best friend, and would do anything to make her happy; even if it means going on an incredibly dangerous adventure that might possibly get them killed. Will they find all the treasure mentioned on the Copper Scroll? Or will it turn out to be just another fairytale in their collection? If it is true, will they even be able to find it when so many others lost their lives looking for it?

The alarm on Joshua's phone booms through his ear and starts up the engines in his body immediately just as the clock hits 6'oclock in the morning. He opens his eyes and stares at the ceiling for a solid 5 minutes before getting up and stretching himself out. He looks over to his luggage all packed and ready right next to his bedroom doorway. Today's the day. He promised to help Thalia—his best friend— find a treasure that supposedly no one has found.

He gets out of bed and takes a quick 5 minute shower before coming out and putting on a pair of jeans coupled with a t-shirt. He plays around with his hair before making up his bed all nice and tidily. He lets out a sigh as he looks at his bedroom. This is gonna be a long trip, he thought to himself. He grabs his luggage and sets it next to his apartment's front door. 20 minutes later he's in front of his TV catching up with the latest the world offers, an empty bowl now on the coffee table. He looks at his watch, "6:30, she should be here by now,"

Thalia's alarm clocked blared at 6 that morning; she groaned and hit the snooze button - what was another 15 minutes? At 6:15 when the alarm went off again, she groaned once more and turned it off, rolling out of her bed in a haze. She walked - very much like a zombie - into her bathroom to brush her teeth and throw her short blue hair into two pigtails. She trudged back across the hall to her bedroom to find some clothes that weren't already packed neatly inside her luggage.

She was so excited for this trip, even if Josh didn't believe her completely. She could feel it in her heart that she was supposed to do this, and that the treasure was just waiting for her to find. She grabbed a pair of jeans and slipped them on, with a plain black t-shirt and a hoodie. She slipped on her black converse tennishoes, grabbed her backpack and the rest of her luggage and headed over to her best friends house.

When she got to the front door of Joshua's house, she didn't even bother knocking - she never really has, as she knew he would tell her to walk right in anyway - and called out, "Josh!? It's me!" before shutting the door behind her and dropping her luggage in the entry way.

As soon as the words left his mouth, the front door swung open and Thalia greeted herself as usual. "Alright, just gimme a sec," Joshua gets up and brings along the empty bowl to the kitchen, turning the tv off beforehand. As soon as he was done with the dishes and turned off all the switches in his home, he carries his luggage outside and put them in the trunk of his car. He does the same with Thalia's luggage and started up the car.

Half an hour later, they were lining up at their terminal, waiting for the doors to open. "You didn't forget anything right?" Joshua turns around and asks his friend.

A few minutes later, they are now seated in the plane with Joshua getting the window seat. Joshua secured his backpack safely in the baggage compartment and makes himself comfortable as the the captain make his briefing. It is 7:25 and in five more minutes the plane was about to take off and make its way to Jordan, where the Copper Scroll was kept in a museum. They were going to have to "borrow" it if they were going to have any chance at finding the treasures—assuming that they were real to begin with.

Thalia greeted Joshua with a warm smile, "Let's get going." The drive to the airport felt like any other road trip they'd taken together: smiles and music and excitement. But they both knew this wasn't just another road trip. Not in the least.

"I certainly hope not..." Thalia replied, going over the list in her head once again. She really did dislike traveling. She always worried about leaving something and forgetting things and she was never satisfied until she unpacked.

They sat in their seats on the plane, Thalia in the middle seat next to her best friend. This was her first time on a plane in her life. They had always ever just driven everywhere. She closed her eyes and took in slow, deep breaths, mumbling about how much she hated planes.

The flight was peaceful. No one was kicking the seat behind him and it was nice and quiet. The food was good and fulfilling. No turbulence or bad weather. The usual conversation would break out between him and Thalia. Occasionally, Joshua would take out a map of the city and a brochure of the museum, trying to conjure up a plan to temporarily steal the scroll. Joshua didn't take interesting in sleeping during the flight as he mind kept wandering off to the possible future. If no one has ever found the treasure, how the hell are they going to do it? This whole thing could end up being more then they both bargained for and their lives might be endangered. The best case scenario is that we end up in a foreign prison.

As soon as they landed at the airport, Joshua speeds off to the luggage belt, waiting for his and Thalia's bags to swing by. Fortunately for him, their bags were the first to come out. "Sorry for rushing out, I have a fear of losing my stuff. Here, this is yours," Joshua hands over Thalia's luggage to her.

The time was 8:40 and the airport was surprisingly lively. Joshua buys tickets for a taxi and tells the driver to bring them to the hotel. While he drivers puts their luggage in the trunk, Joshua gets in the car. "As soon as we get to the hotel, we are going straight to sleep, okay? We can take a shower first, but then its off to bed. We need to be up early tomorrow if we want to get the scroll unnoticed," Joshua takes out a map and hands it over to Thalia. "I had my friend print this out for us. Its the building layout for the museum. The red circle is the scroll," The driver gets in the car and starts up the engines.

"Also, I got dibs on the bed near the window,"

Thalia climbed into the taxi next to her friend, taking the map he handed her. She raised an eyebrow, "I thought you didn't believe in the scroll? You sure are putting a lot of work into something you don't believe in, Joshy." She smirked, unrolling the map and looking closely at it.

"And yes, I know you get the window bed. You act like we haven't been friends for years and that I don't know your quirks," she winked at Josh with a teasing smile.

They got to the hotel and Thalia retrieved their luggage as Josh paid the taxi driver. She handed him his luggage and they walked through the doors of the hotel. She glanced around in awe, "It's amazing in here..." she smiled as she stood in the lobby looking from beautifully decorated walls to fancy carpets.

"I don't, but you do. If there's any chance of this treasure being real, this is the least I can do. And I never said I didn't believe the the scroll, I said I didn't believe in the treasure," Joshua examines the map with Thalia doing the same.
--------
"Here are your key cards, enjoy your stay," the man behind the reception counter says.

Joshua walks back to Thalia who's at the main lobby and grabs his luggage. "Here's your key card," he holds out the key card in front of him.

As soon as they walk in their room, Joshua sets his luggage and backpack next to his bed and takes a quick shower. "Your turn," he says as he walks out with a towel wrapped around his waist. He sits down on his bed and turns on the tv. As expected, the only channel that was in English was CNN.

Joshua opens up his luggage and takes out his PJs before changing into them. By the time Thalia got out of the bathroom, Joshua was already fast asleep.

Thalia took the key card and followed Josh up the stairs.

When he stepped out of the shower, she busied herself with gathering her clothes so as not to look at her half-naked best friend.

Her shower was quick, and she dressed before stepping out of the bathroom. She put on a pair of shorts that hung between her knee and bum and a tank top over her sports bra. She hung her towel over the shower and walked into the room. Josh was sound asleep. Thalia rolled her eyes and muttered, "of course," before covering him with the blanket at the end of his bed.

She smiled down at him, her greatest and dearest friend for as long as she could remember. She was thankful that he had agreed to this adventure, even though she was sure he thought she was completely insane. She crawled into her own bed, the one nearest the door, and turned off the lights. She started up at the ceiling, silently wondering to herself if she really was crazy, before drifting off to sleep.

It's 4 in the morning. Joshua was already packing his bag with everything he needs. Some climbing rope, water, the museum layout, a flashlight and everything someone would need to steal something from a museum. He opened up the curtains and looked out onto the city, the museum in view. It isn't too far away from the hotel, so they should make it there in less than 30 minutes. Joshua is making all the mental preparations for committing a crime I a foreign country, Praying to every god he knows and reassuring himself as if he were his own therapist. Deep breaths and eyes closed, he puts on his headphones to get himself in the mood.

(Hi, sorry I've been MIA for a while. I got busy with school and work and what not. But I'm back now, that is if you're still down to continue this RP)

Thalia walked out of the bathroom, dressed in head to toe black: her black skinny jeans, black long sleeve shirt, and a black beanie over her hair. She walked up next to Josh and nudged him gently, "Morning sunshine. Ready to commit a crime?" She smiled teasingly at him before staring out the window herself. The night was still dark, but the city lights lite up the room. She could see the stars clearly here, even with the bright lights, and it was one of the most beautiful sites she had ever seen. Thalia turned to her nightstand by her hotel bed and grabbed her camera - one of those fancy ones with manual zoom. She wasn't a professional or anything, but she loved to take photographs. To capture something so beautiful in the moment and be able to look at it forever amazed her. She snapped a couple pictures of the scene that laid before them and set the camera in the top drawer of her nightstand.

(welcome back! I thought you got eaten by a dinosaur or something. Good to have you back)

Joshua's earphones keep on booming in his ears and his eyes are still closed. His mind is totally clear at this point and he's 100% focused on the task at hand. He feels a nudge and he opens one of his eyes to see his friends standing next to him. "Wow, how would I ever suspect that you are about to commit a crime or just did," Joshua says in a monotone voice sarcastically. "I suggest you try to not look like every other burglar thief in the world? All you're missing is a pair of black gloves," Joshua takes of his headphones and gets up from his seat. "Also, I don't think it's a good idea to bring the camera around,"

Joshua walks towards the front door of their room and pulls out the key card from the holder. "Let's go,"

(Nope, no dinos here. Only life trying to eat me instead. And thanks ^.^ )

Thalia grimaced, "It's not like I have a lot to go on here. I've never actually robbed somewhere before, if you were wondering." She bit her lip, giving a longing look at her camera, "Do I have to leave it here? It could help our cover as tourists!" She said hopefully. But when Josh's grimace didn't disappear, she sighed and placed the camera in the top drawer of the nightstand, "Fine. But if our cover is questioned, don't blame me." She grabbed her coat and past her friend, exiting the room.

Joshua gave a sigh as soon as she got out of the room. "Goddamnit," Joshua says softly before going to the nightstand and grabbing the camera. He rushes out of the room, grabbing the keycard from its holder and catching up to Thalia as she entered the elevator. The doors close, and Joshua hands her the camera. "Make sure this doesn't get in the way, okay? And if it breaks, I'm not responsible,"

The elevator doors open and he leads them on. Joshua lets a big sigh before exiting the building and making his way to the museum, fingers crossed that all of this doesn't go south.

Thalia grinned as she took the camera, "Thanks, Joshy." She stepped into the empty elevator, her heart picking up pace. Were they seriously doing this? This was a stupid idea. What in the world possessed her to suggest this? "Josh...I-I.." she bit her lip as she fiddled with her camera, avoiding her friend's eye contact, "I don't think I can go through with this. I don't even know what I was thinking, this is such a stupid idea. We can't seriously do this..."

Joshua turns around and gives his friend a look of disbelief. "You're kidding me right? We're a few minutes away from the museum, we have everything we need already and now you wanna turn back?"

Joshua walks up closer to Thalia. "What's up? I'm totally down for this now. I wanna know what it's like to Nathan Drake, yknow?" He gives her a smile. "You can be Lara Croft," he slowly walks backwards after saying that. He turns around and continues his journey to the museum. "Come on Thalia, the museum is gonna open soon. I've got the replica in my bag, let's go,"

Thalia bowed her head, "I know, I know. It's just...I don't know what I was thinking. I just can't help being jealous of the characters I read about. They all seem so brave and interesting and I'm...not.." She followed her friend towards the museum, snapping pictures of people and places they passed. On the plus side, she really was getting some amazing pictures during this trip - even if they were risking life imprisonment.

(oh god it's been so long, I'm so sorry for being so late)
After 20 minutes, they arrive at the front doors of the museum. Joshua lets out a sigh as he examines the exterior. He takes out the museum's layout and looks for all possible entry points. He walks backwards until he hits a wall and simply leans against it. His eyes catch something in the building plans and jerks away from the wall. He looks back and forth between the plans and the building itself. He rolls up the layout map and runs off to god-knows-where.

Eventually, he stops when he reaches the back of the museum and it becomes clear that the entrance that Joshua might have spotted is the one sitting at the very top of the building. He unrolls the map again to take a good look and trying to figure out the best way to get in. "Hey Thalia, come look at this," he calls out, as if he had just figured it out.

"I don't know if you can do this with me but," he looks up at the building. "the entrance is there, that right there is for guards to come up and patrol from the roof. It is, apparently, not locked. To get up there, we can use the broken pillars in the court to climb up the first wall, from there we can get up to that door,"

Back