Ame Damnee The Two Talismans Tavern

Casden Ironmark
The Tavern

Casden couldn't help but let out a hearty chuckle at Dareth's unlikely request when he once again entered the tavern. The redhead had never expected such a mild choice to cross the heavy drinker's lips. It was like he was nearly always drunk, but today he seemed rather sober. "You sure you're feeling alright chap?" He asked, still chuckling as he poured the jug of water into a glass and set it in front of Dareth. "Go ahead, practice with your lute. It would be nice to hear a little music in here anyway."

At the two newcomers asking for drinks, the owner smiled and dipped his head to the two women. "Certainly, ladies." He prepared a tequila for the kitsune - who seemed unsure about her order, but it was what she had asked for, nonetheless. "If you find you don't like the taste of it, I could add a little extra flavoring in for you." He told her kindly, before pouring a stiff mug of ale for Lila. "Here you are, miss. Enjoy." And with that he had served everyone so far. Something caught his attention for a brief moment, as he noticed silver coins being thrown around. Whoever was doing it must have been pretty well off to just throw silvers around like it was nothing. He set his hands on his hips and surveyed the scene, but couldn't make out who did it.

[ Passing by thirty minutes ya'll, so finish up your scene in your next post if you need to leave for the festival. ]

About half an hour later of letting Dareth play his lute and watching as his patrons drank and had a good time, Casden realized the festival would be starting soon. He waved his hand, garnering the attention of everyone in the room. "As you all must know, Ethos is going to start very soon now. If you've any business to catch during the festival. I suggest you get to it now." Saying that, he sent a look towards Dareth. He didn't get a lot of time to practice, but some was better than none, surely. With that message he went back to standing behind the counter and conversing with one of his bartenders idly.

Esra T. Jones

She did not want to cause any bother to the kind bar keep, so she forced down the weird drink with as much gut as she could muster: nose still crinkled up slightly a she did so and it took her a fair amount of time! Esra then blinked, the festival... She should really go and attend it, maybe she could even see that boy who tricked her of coin! The kitsune was looking forward to spending it at the festival! She left what coins she did have as payment for the bar tender before hesitantly beginning towards the door.

Errol
The Two Talismans Tavern

Walking into the tavern, the young man looked around. It was his first time in this kind of place, and if he'll be honest it even seemed rather nice. With all the people going out to go the scene of the festival, the place became quitter, more suiting to his taste. He had made the mistake of trying to walk to the Clocktower earlier, and regretted it all. The place was painfully crowded, noisy, and lively. People sang, danced, traded goods, and such, but as fascinating as the scene could be, he didn't fancy being in the middle of it. He could only take so much before he decided to leave. He just... could not enjoy being there. He was not used to it. Walking away from the festival, he was planning to go to the Recreation Hall, as he has quite the taste in art and music, but on the way he found this Tavern. Curiosity came up to him, as he wondered what the inside is like. Soon enough he found himself stepping in.

One of the marvels he had experienced since working for Xena was being paid. Being paid! She's mad! He was a slave all his life, it was a strange feeling. Plus, it does not make sense. After all, he was the one who insisted to serve her, and yet, she insisted him to take the money and spend it somewhere he wanted. He never really had gotten the chance. Nothing fascinated him, and so the money just piled up every fortnight. This was actually the first time he had considered spending any of it.

Have fun, E. Xena had said.

What is fun, exactly? he absentmindedly wondered, as he sat on one of the tables at the corner. Where it was silent, where he was alone.

Last edited:
The Two Talismans Tavern
Neomi Damian

As time flew by while she waited in the tavern and people came and went, Neomi just sitting all while no longer paying attention much to her surroundings at this point and wondered more about what that bitch was doing to not come by here yet. Must be a man, Neomi thought, she must've got laid all while she stayed here like a good friend as her facial expression went from a smile to something akin to a chibi pouting.

Last edited:
Dareth DiValli - The Two Talismans Tavern

"Thanks Casden."
As Dareth finished writing his song, he grinned widely. He got up and went to the coin thrower.

"Sorry Nemo, I'll catch up with ya later. Thanks for the coin.", Dareth chuckled and punched Nemo in the shoulder. He was in a good mood, normally their relationship was more about business. Nemo seemed rather taken aback by this, and Dareth gulped as he thought about him increasing the price. But he waved the worry away.

He stepped outside of the tavern, ready to begin the duel.

Nemo
Two Talisman

Was taken aback by the playful way Dareth responded to his coin tossing and punched in the arm. Not hard. He knew although Dareth was a drug addict, the man had a good head on his shoulder. One of Nemo's slaves would have probably tired to attack Dareth if it wasn't for Nemo's hand gesture. The fire works went off again. soon Nemo walked towards the direction of the fireworks.

~Lila Nender-Two Talisman Tavern~
Lila noticed that activity picked up a little more than usual and took that as a sign that the festival was starting. She sighed and finished her drink in one gulp before standing and leaving the pay on the table before leaving the tavern and headed back towards the Town Square.

Dareth - The Two Talismans Tavern

"Casden. I want the strongest shit you hide behind the counter. And leave the whole bottle here.", Dareth said as he sat at the bar, his face devoid of any emotion.

Because Casden had had to stay in the tavern and look after the bar's patrons, he didn't get to watch the competition. He continued talking to one of his bartenders as the festival went on, waiting for Dareth to come back and update him with the news. His friend was a damn good bard - better on a lute than he, for sure. But as soon as the man came back in, Casden knew exactly how the competition turned out, just from the look on his face. Damn, he even ordered a glass of water for the first time ever today. He thought, coming over to where he was and giving him a concerned look.

"I know I work at a place that serves alcoholic drinks, but really man, you don't want to kill yourself." The Talis told him gently, reaching under the counter and extracting a bottle of extremely strong spiced rum. He looked so terrible that Casden considered just letting him off with the alcohol, free of charge. "Here you go. Don't worry about the money. Just take some time off today." With that, he patted the man on the shoulder and wandered off to go looking for the innkeeper, Yuki.

Dareth - The Two Talismans Tavern

"Thanks.", Dareth mumbled as he uncorked the bottle. He almost choked as he chugged from the bottle. Alcohol started mixing with Devil's Spit and he started seeing things around him, but for the first time, they weren't of unspeakable beauty, but that of unimaginable horror. His face twisted in disgust as shadows grew around him and he heard voices of contempt from every single one of them. They eyed him, ridiculed at, belittled him. It was only after a few seconds that he realized that few of the patrons are on whining on the ground. He looked as his bloody hands, his face fearful. A single tear rolled down his face as he ran away from the inn.

Mallow - Two Talismans Tavern, a few minutes after Dareth left

"Bard!" Mallow called out from outside the tavern, pushing the door open. "I saw your performance! An excel-" He stopped short in the doorway, face hardening from one of joviality as he saw the patros bleeding on the floor. He walked past them to the counter. He sniffed the small bottle. "Devil's Spit..." He muttered, and grabbed the larger bottle, a half empty bottle of very, very strong rum. He set it back on the counter, and turned to the patrons, hardly sparing a glance for the ones bleeding on the floor. Mallow was having a very nice time, and he wanted to share a drink with the bard. It would seem he had stumbled into quite the scene. He rubbed the bridge of his nose, and looked up to the other patrons.

"Can someone tell me what in the Dark Angel's name happened here?!" He roared.

Yuki - Two Talismans, District of Sloth

Yuki was sitting behind her desk filling out paper work in the room she kept for herself in the inn. She had found that money was flowing in quicker than usual and had to keep tabs on things. Each forum that was filled out by the customers was brought to her by a succubus that went by the name Nisa. She didn’t say much as she was one of the girls from the brothol that had been given a chance to be of help.

She was doing her job nicely while Yuki wrote in the ledger neatly. She felt more than heard the ex-warden enter her room, “Casden,” She greeted without looking up. The succubus blinked at the man before glanced down at the deamon for further orders, “You can leave for now, Nisa. Thank you for your help.”

The woman smiled at her before the demon nodded then scurried out of the room. The ice demon turned to stare at Casden then, “It sounds busy down there,” She stood to fetch them a couple of glasses of the sweet plum wine she kept in her office which also served as her bedroom. The bed was tucked in the second half of the room and hidden by beautifully painted screens.

Errol
The Two Talismans Tavern

To Errol's wonder, the tavern was an interesting sight to see. People of all ages come and go, there was a drunk who seemed to have gotten insane and hurt a couple of people... he wondered briefly where he's going to as he watched him run away. It has a different atmosphere than the Sanctuary, of course, but he kind of like it all the same. Mostly because of the fact that nobody bothered him. Absentmindedly, he stared at the sign by the bar, wondering what he should buy. A meal, perhaps? He didn't think Xena had eaten anything yet, that girl usually forgets to eat when she's occupied. He wondered what the differences in cider, ale, mead and wine is, as he had no idea. Walking to the bar, he looked around, sitting on one of the stools there to order. He found a guy who seemed to be in charge. The patrons called him Casden. "One cider. And... can I order two meals, but have it wrapped up? I want to take it outside... thank you." he muttered.

Last edited:
Casden Ironmark
The Tavern

"Hey Yuki. Thanks." After catching up a bit with Yuki and making some idle chat as he sipped a bit of the sweet plum wine she had fetched him, Casden paused, almost choking on his drink. "The hell was that?" He said, tensing up as he set the glass on the counter by Yuki and stood abruptly. "I'm gonna go check that out. Shouldn't have left the other bartenders down there by themselves..." Grumbling under his breath, the man descended the stairs with heavy footsteps, his lips pressed firmly into a straight line.

He arrived downstairs just as Dareth ran out of the bar. Furrowing his eyebrows, he looked over the scene of bloody patrons who had no doubt been kissed by the drunken man's fist. "Fuck... I need to enact new drinking restrictions. Maybe outlaw the mixing of drugs and alcohol." Shaking his head in disappointment, Casden let out a heavy sigh and had to ask one of his shaken-up bartenders to take care of it. Two of them started grabbing the unconscious bodies and dragging them into the backroom hastily. Another was mopping up the blood. Passing a hand over his face, the redhead turned to look at Mallow who had come in and shrugged. "The 'bard' you're speaking of went into a frenzy and slugged my customers." He grabbed the bottle of spiced rum that Dareth had been drinking out of and tossed it into the trash bin, not bothering to save any of it. "Damnit, Dareth."

Running a hand through his long hair, the Talis approached Errol with a weary look on his face. "Sorry about that, chap. Would you like that cider with or without alcohol?" The owner asked him, writing down the order for two meals on a small notepad and adding that they were to-go.

"Well, it's not like he killed anyone. He'll be back, most likely. If not for the people here," Mallow picked up the Devil's Spit with two fingers and swirled the bottle, "then probably this. Nasty stuff." Mallow pulled out a barstool, sat down, and placed a silver coin from his belt on the counter. "A mug of ale, if you would." He looked over his shoulder, glancing at the still recovering patrons. "'Dareth' was quite the performer. Nearly bested the smug bastard with the flute without magic. Shame he had to run off, I was going to buy him a round." He turned back to Casden. "Fine place you've got here, by the way. I don't usually get around to these parts of town." He extended a hand. "I'm Mallow Devers."

Dareth DiValli - Outside of The Tavern

He wobbled slowly, the sharp pain in his left leg intensifying. Dareth thought it would be wiser to heal it before going to apologize, but he felt guilty enough. Talis was a good man.

"Hey, you!", he heard a loud shout. A huge man readied his fists. As Dareth looked behind, he realized he was surrounded. Fuck me, right? He thought as he looked at the men surrounding him. There was around ten of them. Normally he wouldn't even break a sweat, tavern drunks were easy to handle, but he could barely walk right now.
"Gentlemen, let's talk th-"
"SHUT UP. FELLAS, BEAT HIM UP!"

As they ran towards him, he readied himself, regretting he left his sword at home. He grunted as he swirled around. The pain in his leg was immense, but he wouldn't let it distract him. Three down. His aim was true. However he fell as he felt a jab piercing his back. A knife... A knife.

"Not so tough now, huh? What a fucking disgrace.", huge man mocked him. He got closer, still mocking Dareth. In a lighting fast movement, he fell to the ground, grabbing his throat. Dareth hated using the hidden knives in his boots. He didn't pierce his throat too much, he has a chance of survival, should someone tend to him. As much as he loathed it, he didn't do it for the sake of the man, but to plan his escape route. He bolted, his leg screaming sharp pangs of pain. The Sanctuary. I need help. Fast.

He didn't look behind, but he was sure none of these men followed him. However they could still pose a problem.

Sorry Talis, seems like my apology has to wait.

Errol
The Two Talismans Tavern

Errol hesitated. Would it be a good idea to add alcohol to his drink? It seems to have some... peculiar properties when people drink it, and Xena once mentioned before that too much of it was bad for the health. But she said too that it should be a drink for special occasions, like festivals. He had never seen Xena drink before, he had only seen her only use alcohol for antiseptic purposes for her patients. Regardless, he wanted to try. He was curious. How can something so trivial attract so many people? Brooding on this, he replied. "With alcohol."

Silently, he wondered if Xena is already on her way out. He hoped so. She really liked festivals, a lot. She said she's going to look for him though. They don't have any form of communication in this big city, but when she said she'll look for him, she always gets the place right. Must be her innate luck. he thought.

Casden Ironmark
The Tavern

Writing down the rest of Errol's order, the barkeep turned to Mallow. "Did he? Ahh, must have been Eddie the Black, wasn't it? Heard a few rumors about him... Suppose I can understand Dareth's rampage a lot more, now." Grabbing the mug for the man, Casden poured a copious amount of ale into it and set it in front of him. "That's far too much for one mug of ale. Tell me if you want more and I'll supply." Taking the man's hand, he shook it and smiled. "Casden Ironmark. Folks around here call me Talis. Comes with the job, heh."

After sending the orders to the chefs in the kitchen, and mixing some alcohol into the cider for Errol, it wasn't long before he had the meals and everything else ready for the servant. He placed the foamy cider on the counter in front of him and handed him a basket with two wrapped-up meals in it. There was also some bread and cheese on the side for appetizers. "That all you want, lad? It'll be 25 coppers. Come back anytime." With a friendly smile, Talis glanced out the window for a moment, thinking. He had a feeling that something bad might have happened to his pal, Dareth. He'll be back. He always comes here...

Errol
The Two Talismans Tavern

With his order done and nothing to do, Errol simply counted 25 coppers and made himself comfortable in his seat, wondering if he's allowed to come back to the Sanctuary yet. Should he wait here for Xena to find him? Or should he go back? Maybe she needed some help. What if that bastard---

His eyes widened, and his body tensed at the thought. Why is he here relaxing, when he should be by her side? The things he could do to that bastard, the pain he could inflict, how dare he... As his imagination grew wilder, the drunk patron closest to him, suddenly yelled in pain. Errol blinked as he realized he was using his magic subconsciously, and then let the man go. The drunk patron fell into the floor unconscious. He shifted uneasily as he sipped the cider. It had a nice burn on his throat, something he needed to probably calm down at the moment.

Dareth DiValli - The Two Talismans Tavern

After a few swift apologies to the restaurant owner, whom above he lives, he decided that it'd be wise to apologize to Talis. Now Talis was always kind, but he didn't take brawls very well, especially in his tavern. At least I don't have to think about the goddamn festival, he thought to himself.

Some of the drunks eyed him, he was sure he saw one of the guys who tried to beat him down, but he paid him no mind. The guy looked surprised. Right, I got stabbed. Heh.
"Talis, are you here? I want to apologize for any inconvenience I've caused. I've made a grave judgement call." Now Dareth wasn't used to honest apologies, but this one was honest alright. Talis was always here when he needed him. That's probably because he owns the place, but still.

Back