Ame Damnee The Two Talismans Tavern

Errol
The Two Talisman Tavern - with Durbul

Errol made a curt smile. "Fine, fine." he replied, as he downed his drink, gulping it down eagerly. At the mention of Xena being his "second favorite woman", Errol frowned as he laid his head on the table, staring at nothingness. "Would the first happen to be Eltheya? No matter, she's dead." he asked with a bitter smile, he looked so sad for a moment, before his smile to a more teasing one. "Or did you perhaps already find yourself a girl?" he slammed his glass lightly on the table. "Get me more alcohol, Durbul, I can't get drunk like this." he grinned fondly.

Durbul-Stonefist
The Two Talisman Tavern-with Errol.

Durbul regained his full grin at Errols Glorious words. "Get me more alcohol." Durbul was already standing up by the time Errol had finished his sentence, Durbul decided to return with two cups of cider each grinning the whole way back, he quickly placed two glass's in front of Errol with gusto.

Durbul sat back down and took a swig of his drink before speaking again. "Find myself a girl!? Bah they can hardly restrain themselves around me." Durbul said with a overly exaggerated cocky tone. "I am famous ya know? Woman speak of my praise's far and wide." Durbul took another enthusiastic swig from his drink.

While Durbul was joking, he never really had the time or maybe not even the want to find a woman, who has the time to find a partner. "I leave trail of broken hearts, no matter were I go." Durbul explained while waving is hand above the table. Then Durbul stopped and grinned and brought his face closer to Errols. " What about you? Do you have yourself a lass?"

Errol

Errol cracked a smile as his friend boasted his charm with the ladies with such passionate fervor. "I bet you get laid left and right, I would not expect anything less from you." he laughed, going along with Durbul's claims. At his question, Errol simply shrugged as he took a long swig of his drink. "Nah. Who has time for that anyways?" he paused and frowned as he remembered Xena and that incubus, their hand joined together in a sign of kinship and affection. His sour expression showed just how he fancied their pairing. "Well apparently some people do, but no, not me." He took a huge gulp of his drink again.

"I'll live, then I'll die. People like me are forever alone, and I can live with that. Besides, I've never been attracted to people romantically, even sexually. Now that I think about it, is there something wrong with me?" he said as he stared at Durbul with a questioning look. He hiccuped, the alcohol obviously starting to cling to his system as he drank more of his cider. "I've been so occupied looking after Eltheya and keeping her safe, and then after her it was Xena. She's like a sister to me you know, saved my life, took care of me. I care a lot about her and Aditi be damned, I do not approve of an incubus in her bedsheets!" he slammed his drink on the table as he hiccuped again. "Not that I have any say in that because I'm obviously not important enough to be told what the fuck is going on." he frowned some more, seemingly getting a little confused. His words seemed to be more loose now that he was intoxicated. "What were we talking about again?" he murmured, almost to himself. "Ah, girls. No, none for me." he drank the last of the contents of his drink as he buried his face on the table. "Ah, this sucks." It was probably the first time he has openly complained about anything in years.

Dispite Errols anger or rather because of it, Durbul was happy. Durbul always thought it was important to express yourself and never hold back and to hear his friends raw thoughts was a good experience. Durbul was quiet though Errols complaints and was simply nodding to show that he had been paying attention.

When suddenly Errol knocked his head on top of the table. "Ah, this sucks."

Durbul simply shook his head and extended his hand over the table and ruffled Errols hair. "No! This is good. I can feel your Vigor! Get angry!" Durbul said as he took a rather large swig from his second drink. "Ya know. You had me a little worried when we found each other again. It seemed like you were a little colder than you used to be. However!" Durbul paused as he slammed his hand on the table. "I see the fire in your eyes! That is what you need more often." Durbul said with a full grin with his cheeks glowing red.

Durbul couldn't help but feel he was getting closer to his friend drinking with him than he ever could sober. He didn't know whether or not that was a good thing or not, but by Satan he didn't care! Durbul wished this night would last longer, but his fight was drawing ever closer.

"I am gonna cut myself off here for now lad. Don't want to get to hammered before my fight, don't wanna be legless before I even fight." Durbul said as he laughed as his little joke. Durbul then he couldn't help but chuckle as he said. "Shame for all the ladys out there. You are almost as handsome as me." .

Errol

Errol frowned as his old friend ruffled his hair. It was as if they were kids again. He shared his worry about him being rather cold, and the man smiled bitterly. "Emotions just always got me into trouble." he laughed, although the laugh was quite empty. "Get angry, huh..." he trailed off, as if he was actually considering the advice. When was the last time he had talked unrestrained like this? Probably back when Eltheya was still with him, and alive.

At Durbul's farewell, Errol simply nodded. "Yeah, yeah... right. I might stay here a bit longer, or go to the Sanctuary, wherever. Come by again, next time, Durbul." he said, as he waved his hand dismissively at him. "And... well, take care of yourself out there. Don't get yourself killed!" he said, giving the man a small encouraging (albeit slightly unfocused) smile.

Durbul-Stonefist
The Two talisman Tavern- With Errol

"Bah don't tell me what to do." Durbul said with a joking tone and a dismissive hand gesture. Durbul then got up and started heading out towards the door and looking back towards Errol he yelled.. "Make sure you get home safe. Don't wanna find you dead on the streets ya hear?!" Durbul smiled as he started to leave. The night air caught him off guard and chilled him to the bone.

"Guess I got to go." Durbul smile faulted. Ignoring the pain that shook his leg he moved towards the fight. The night was quiet, like the quiet before the storm and Durbul was heading straight into that storm. Durbul felt sorry for whoever waited for him. Durbul now had a whole new reason to fight and was more then prepared to kill to keep it.

Wroth
The Two Talisman Tavern

The walk to the Tavern was less than relaxing, to say the least. Wroth had been jumped by 6 hasben muggers under the influence of the dark aura or maybe not, he didn't really care as he left them all in the alley with more than a few bruises. No one died, he could have killed them easily even with his power at 10% he could have turned them all into paste and for a bonus eaten their souls.... But that was the past and now he just wanted a fucking drink.

As he opened the door all eyes seemed to be on him. Some eyes went wide recognizing his hair and skin, somewhere just looking for the sake of looks, while most just shrugged and went back to their drinks.

Wroth couldn't help but give a small chuckle. It all started here, 3 days ago it all started right here finding Xena, being aware of Legion, and his money troubles.... Their was a reason he let Legion and Maric manage his money when he was out..... He sat down his face mute of emotion as was his tone. "I need 50 of your strongest ale....." He could hear Brynhild's heartbeat and footsteps coming closer. "Better make it 100."

Brynhild Nyman-Tavern
Bryn walked into the tavern, spotting Wroth almost instantly and sat down beside him. "100? Trying to drink them out of a business, huh?" she joked, tapping his shoulder lightly. "Wroth, I need to know what Legion was talking about when I went into his...mind?" she paused for a moment, nervously fidgeting with her fingers. "He said something about completing the circle and needing your blood, becoming his sister..." she trailed off, rubbing at her eyes again as the burning had somewhat grown more noticeable. "What did he mean by that?"

Wroth
The Two Talisman Tavern

He honestly expected his eyes to become as wide as gold coins, but he somehow kept his composure. "Still calls it a circle? He really liked to make things more dramatic sounding." He joked though it wasn't a topic to take lightly, almost instantly he grew serious. "The first thing you need to know is that I'm no Daemon, nor a Faery or angel. I am a Deva." He let the word hang in the air for a few moments before continuing. "I don't hold it against you for not knowing what that is since I and Legion are the only two in existence.... I'm technically sterile when it comes to normal races as was Legion, though he did hypothesize that a female would be fertile for all species. Don't ask me how I'm not the mad scientist."

The first half of the drinks were carried to the table 10 mugs were balanced on a tray. The man holding it placed it down on the large table.He bowed and made his way back to the kitchen.

"I'm unfertile, but that docent mean a Deva can't be made." He swiped a Dagger off a passed out bar patriot and cut his palm. The blood golden white blood dripped into an empty mug. "Legion's blood is black with silver tint, despite that his 'skin' is white and his abilities are different than mine, he is faster, smarter and gifted in magic and psychic powers that would mistake him for a god. A White Deva if you will." pointing the dagger to himself. "I'm a black Deva. I can tank heavy hits, can fight for days, and have mastery of life energies and spiritual ones. A warrior class if you will." He put the Dagger back into the patriot's boot. He knew this didn't seem to connect to her question but not he got to the point. "When a race not of our own drinks of a Black and whites blood, they can be reborn as a Deva. Gaining a massive power boost, understanding of the world, and immortality... You would live forever but could be killed is what I mean.... The reason we didn't do this as often is because the transformation can be.... Overwhelming. For most." He recalls the times he and Legion had thought they found someone that can take the powers but were ripped apart due to their willpower not being enough to survive. "You have Legion's blood, and now mine is all that you need to complete the metamorphosis.... The choice, however, is yours."

Damien - The Two Talismans
The dwarf opened the door to the tavern and strode in. As he made his way through the through the tables he made eye contact with the bar tender and nodded. He frequented this place often and was on good terms with most who worked here.
After pausing to scan the room for a couple of minutes, he located a empty table in the back. He made his way over and set his bag down with a thump. Reaching in, he pulled out several stone figurines; each different from the other. He had a dragon, an armored warrior, several wolves, a bear, and a few others. He lined the figurines on the table in a semi circle facing the bar. He sat in the chair behind the figurines, pulled out one of his journals and thumbed through it; waiting for his first customer.

Yuki - Two Talismans Tavern

The beautiful ice demon hummed as she managed the bar from the doorway of the hot spring. Her icy blue gaze danced over the room before she moved into bar and behind the length of the counter. She noticed the various patrons and tended to there needs.

It was when he settled into his seat that Damien noticed how thirsty he was. He had been traveling all day and had finished his skin of water long before he arrived here. He'd been distracted with his encounter with the blind man and his pack mishap, he didn't think to refill his water skin at the fountain.
Damien looked over his journal to the bar. He was going to have to order something and being as akward as he was with people, that never went smoothly. But, he had to go through with it. Slowly, Damien rose from his seat and made his way to the bar.
He approached the blue-eyed bartender and set down eight copper coins on the counter.
"A um," he coughed. "A glass of ale if it isn't too much trouble."

@RyunaSiege

Last edited:
Wroth
The Two Talisman Tavern

He downed the frosty grog like a man on death row, and in a way he was. "I'm not forcing it on you." He said wiping the fome from his lips looking at her with loving compassionate eyes. "The choice is yours. I have no idea what will happen if you choose to take the blood whither you turn black or white, though I know that if you do, your power might rival the envoys themselves, hell you might possibly surpass them and the rest of us." In reality Wroth was hoping that she wouldn't take the blood, it was far too dangerous and he had no idea what would happen to someone that was transformed into a Deva. However, if Legion thought she was the one that could finally beat the odds, than Wroth had to believe that too.

Those unemotional eyes glance at the person who spoke to her before she moved away like a ghost to get his drink. Her long black hair was bound in pins of ice. Setting his drink before him she took the coins and placed them in the cash box, "Anything else?"

"Aye, no thats fine." Damien took his quickly shuffled away from the bar and sat back down in his seat. He took a long sip of his ale and returned to his journal. The evening would go by quickly now that he had his drink and his book.

Brynhild Nyman-Two Talisman Tavern
Bryn looked at the cup, listening carefully to his words as she observed the blood inside. She had downed some of the drinks as Wroth was talking, satisfied with the answer she got to her question, but now she had a question for herself that an answer needed to be fulfilled. Should I drink it? She glanced around the tavern at the other occupants before taking the cup of blood and drinking it. Instantly, she could tell that the taste of the blood was different, it was thick as normal blood but not as metallic, almost sweet to her senses as the liquid flowed over her tongue and down her throat. "Well, that's it then." she said softly, glancing back up at Wroth. "It will be painful, won't it?"

Wroth
The Two Talisman Tavern

Wroth watched silently as she drank of the blood. He still kept that stoic look even as she addressed him, though it soon turned into a sad smile. "More than you could imagine." No matter what happened he would stay by her side.... Maybe that would bolster her already incredible will power. almost after that her face started to pour with sweat, her insides tightened and felt like something was squirming inside them. Falling over starting to scream. Black and white liquid started to pour out of her mouth, ears, and eyes. Her body seemed to be literally melting.

The bar patrons looked on in stunned horror as the young woman was melting before their eyes. Though some seemed more bold and misinformed. "What are you doing to her!?" The man roared as his body started to emit light. Wroth only downed more of the beer not seeming to pay attention to the man, his gaze transfixed on Bryn. "Don't you ignore me you sick fuck! Whatever you're doing sto-" Wroth had the man by the neck. "Shut up and don't interfere." Tossing the man away as if he was nothing more than a babe, he glared at the rest of the patrons almost daring them to do something. No one did. Wroth now walked somberly to Bryn's now melted skeleton form, somehow kept alive through unknown means Wroth extended his aura to her, knowing that any physical contact would only add to the pain this at least would let her know he was there for her. Fight it bryn! I know you can beat this! The black and white formed a pool around her bubbling and twisting into several shapes.

Pain was a word that could not hold meaning to what she felt, hell had become her body and she was locked behind the gates. Even though, she could feel this pain it was strange, this feeling. Is this what death felt like? She wanted to sleep, to let this fade away into nothingness, to escape and finally let everything go but something was stopping her from that. A thought scratched at the back of her mind that she couldn't die yet, she had things she was needed for, people she had to care for. That thought grew louder as she remembered who she was and her family, both old and new. She had reason to live. It was only sparked further when an energy touched her, it felt familiar. Wroth?

To the patrons of the bar, her body began to take form once more, very different from what people saw when she entered. Gone was the long red and pale skin, only to be replaced by the body that was being pieced back together under everyone's eyes. Muscle, tissue, bones, the pool of black and white buried her under itself, making her body stronger than before.

Long, agonizing moments passed but after they did, Bryn realized she could breathe again without pain racked every living ounce of her body. Whatever happened was done and she couldn't of been happier. "Wroth?" she croaked out, sitting up to reach out for him, searching for him. It was in that moment that she realized that she couldn't see him...or anything. "Wroth?" she panicked, her head snapping around. "I can't see! I can't see!" Panic grew in her voice as her hands reached up to her eyes. "I CAN'T SEE!" Tears formed as Bryn began to claw at her own eyes, repeating over and over again that she couldn't see. Her eyes were nothing more than a bloodied mess, the sockets empty of the once glossy occupants.

Her green hair, spotted with blood, pooled around her as her breaths were ragged and erratic. She reached out a pale, bloody hand out in the air. "Wroth? Are you there? My eyes are gone, I feel different. What happened? What happened? Wroth?"

Wroth
The Two Talisman Tavern

The air felt heavy, all seemed silent. Tissue, bone, and muscle formed the new Brynhild as if she was phoenix being reborn from the ashes of a new life. When she became flesh and consciousness again, a power filled the room. No. All across Abbadon could feel the birth of a new Daeva. Power seemed to explode off her form. Wroth stood tears of happiness streaming down his face, she had bested the feeling of hell and had been reborn through suffering as a perfect being of silver and ebony brilliance.

"Wroth?" The croak seemed weak oddly contrasting with the massive power she was giving off. "Bryn." His voice was soft and loving, possibly too soft for she seemed to not hear it when she spoke again. "I can't see! I can't see!" Confusion seemed to wash the look of love and happiness as if it was a wet rag. "Bryn?" Reaching out trying to calm her down anyway he could. A tsunami of energy surged out as Bryn lost herself to panic. "I CAN'T SEE!" It was a wonder how the Tavern was still standing, psychic and magical energy running wild confirmed one thing, and that was she was like Legion, a White Deva. "BYRN?" Wroth yelled over the sounds of whistling winds and screaming patriots, as well as the frightened woman that was the center of this chaos.

Stomping towards Byrnhild the energy pulses from her frantic emotions causing small burns and shallow cuts to form on Wroth's body, the sounds of her panic though and the sight of her clawing at her eyes made him more determined to fight off the forces keeping them apart. "Byrnhild!" She reached out with her bloody hand asking, not pleading for him to make this right, to make the world make sense again. The energy flayed some of the skin off his hand when he reached out and grasped hers. His index finger was pure white, while his palm was covered in so many cuts that white golden ichor poured out from him holding onto her hand. With a intense effort Wroth managed to pull her towards him for an embrace. "Bryn! I know this is all terrifying and you don't know what just happened! But Please you have to get yourself under control!" He said calmly despite the boom of the winds hitting the wooden frames of the building and the screams of patriots that have been tossed around like rag dolls in a tornado. "As long as I draw breath you will never have to do this alone!" he embraced her tighter despite the now extreme high difference.

The icy barkeep gave a huff unsure if she should throw every living thing out or just let it all be, "I swear Wroth if that stains you will be redoing my flooring."

Back