The University of Curiosities

Pyro backed away from them a bit, as did Kuro.

"What's your problem?" Yami looked at them both, tilting their head to the side curiously.

"I don't like animals..." Pyro replied. Kuro just seemed nervous.

"Pyro, you grew up in a forest. You were literally surrounded by animals all the time."

"So? I still don't like them. Especially cats. Cats are evil."

Yami walked over to Pyro, still in cat form, and promptly bit her ankle. Pyro yelped in pain and jumped back, holding onto Kuro to keep from falling over. Kuro blushed a bit in embarrassment, still looking down at the floor since they had no idea what to do. Pyro then tried to kick Yami, who jumped out of the way and hissed at her.

Kaida quickly turned into crow and sat on Pyro's head. "Lets not fight," She said, still in crow form. "We dont want anyone to get hurt,"

Pyro glared at Yami, who'd turned back into a human.
The bell rang, signalling the end of class.

"Alright, students. Remember our class is split into two groups, Group A and group B. Listen for your name, Group A; Pyro, Kuro, Kaida, Yami, Hiroko, (and a few other students). If you didn't hear your name, you're in Group B. Group A students have gym next period, and Group B has history. Head on to your next period class," the teacher announced to the class. Students began leaving, on their way to their next class.

"C'mon, Kuro! We've got gym, best class of the day if you ask me. There's a huge open field where we can do sports, or sparring, or even duels! And the head coach is a centaur, he's really cool. Hurry up, we can't be late, I'll show you to the locker rooms!" Pyro rambled on excitedly, grabbing Kuro's arm and half-leading, half-dragging them out of the classroom.

"Hey, you," Hiroko turned to Kaida-the-crow, "We're both in Group A, right?" She smiled and introduced herself, before complimenting her transformations. "Everyone here has much cooler powers than me. Especially you! Could we go to gym together?"

"Sure!" Kai quickly changed back to her human (ish) form. "Your so nice, but I'm sure your power is awesome!" She smiled before jogging to gym, looking behind her every-so-often to make sure Hiroko was following.
((Wow Hiroko is smooth))

They arrived at the locker rooms.

"Hey, uh, Kuro? I forgot to ask earlier, are you a boy or a girl?" Pyro asked them.

Yami came up behind her and whacked the back of her head with a book. "How insensitive can you get? There's more than two genders, you know!"

"Ow..." Pyro rubbed her head where Yami hit her. "Jeez, okay. I was just curious..."

"I- I'm not really a boy or a girl..." Kuro said quietly. "Sorry..."

"Don't apologize!" Yami put one hand on Kuro's shoulder reassuringly. "So you're nonbinary? I identify as genderfluid so I understand."

Kuro shyly nodded in response.

"Well then, I guess you're joining us in the girl's locker room," Pyro replied, seemingly having no problem with this. They went into the locker room and changed into their gym clothes.

Yami hit her with the book again when she caught Pyro looking at them. "Don't watch people change, you perv! What is wrong with you Destiny Lake kids?"

"Oww, stop hitting me! I wasn't doing anything, I swear!"

"That's a lie and you know it!" Yami shoved their things into a locker and walked away in a huff, leaving Pyro and Kuro behind. Kuro went to go change in one of the bathroom stalls, being too nervous around the crowded locker room full of girls.

(( XD yeah she is))

She followed everyone to the locker room and changed as quickly as she could, neatly tying her laces and straightening her bow. "So, when did you discover you had magic?" She asked Kaida, once they were both ready.

"I dont know," Kaida shrugged, adjusting her skirt. "I was like, 4? I dont even remember. but I have been told the story by my parents many times. I was reading a story... I think it was 'little red riding hood'. and when I saw the wolf, I suddenly turned into one. I started crying because it hurt so bad, and found I could never transform back into my true human form," She sighed, signalling to her ears and tail.

"Oh- woah, I wasn't expecting that. Does it still hurt when you transform? And do you miss being a "normal" human?" She did airquotes as she said 'normal', so as not to offend Kaida.

"It hurts a little but i'm used to it," Kai started to twirl a strand of hair nervously. "and no not really, I like having a tail because I have good balance, and my ears give me good hearing,"

Last edited:
(lol tfw when you use the wrong character)

A voice interrupted them, "Hey, are you guys coming? Hurry up, if you're late the coach will make us run and nobody wants that," Yami leaned into the doorway to address those still in the locker room.

Pyro had found Kuro hiding in the bathroom and dragged them out to the field, where they stood around and waited for the others. It was a little cold out, but the coach said they'd be fine and to quit complaining.

"It's 50 degrees, you are not going to freeze to death! You over there, stop that!" they called Pyro out when they noticed her holding a burning stick like a torch. She looked the coach dead in the eyes, and the entire stick burst into flames in her hand. A few seconds later it was nothing but ash. "Where are the rest of the students? It shouldn't take them this long to change and get out here."

Kaida ((got the name right yay)) quickly followed Yami outside, wrapping her tail around herself to keep warm.

The coach had them go through some typical gym class exercises, then let them loose into the field. There was scattered equipment for all sorts of human games. Everyone found something to do, whether it be playing with their friends or walking around the field. Pyro found a tree branch that had fallen to the ground, and Yami gave her a look like 'don't you dare'. A few seconds later they were trying to wrestle the now-burning branch away from her. They were victorious, somehow putting the fire out before tossing the charred branch to the ground.

"You're no fun..." Pyro complained.

"As much as I'd love to see you 'accidentally' set the building on fire again, I'm the only responsible one in our dorm and so I'd get blamed for it. I'm not letting that happen," the witch replied, a bit annoyed.

Kuro stood beneath the fence at the edge of the field, away from everyone.

Back