The Vampire's Apprentice

((Woo-Hoo!! May we make it to 6,000!))

"Oh, is that all?" Norville smiled. "That's okay. I mean, it's only a possibility that another vampire will move in, and, honestly? I've been waiting for your vampire to arrange an accident for me ever since I learned what he was. Don't worry. I'll be very careful to keep my head down."

"To the best of my knowledge, he doesn't plan to hurt you." Kitty replied. "It would cause more harm than good. But, if worst comes to worst, you could always seek out a werewolf."

Last edited:
Norville shrugged. "Maybe, but I'll be alright. Promise. I won't be telling anyone any secrets. Besides, that would get you into trouble, too, for telling me, and I don't want that."

Kitty didn't bother to refute him. There wouldn't be much point in it, even if she did.

"So," She began, not certain where she'd end up. "...yeah. I drew a couple things in the book,"

"Or I could just show you." She snickered, rolling into an upright position and then climbing down to sit on the floor beside him, book in hand. Having made sure to leave a note behind for Clancy, Kitty was not worried of a long-winded explanation—the likes of which she was notorious for—leading her to worry him should dusk fall. Then again, with summer days being longer and the nights shorter, it seemed less likely to happen either way.

Last edited:
"Oh, rad! You brought it!" Norville grinned. He looked through the book eagerly and commented on the pictures as he listened to her explanations.

"Of course I brought it," Kitty almost groaned. She flipped open the pages to find the drawing she had been working on last night.

Norville shrugged and grinned as he leaned over. "By the way, Mum has a bead on a new, used car. This time, the owner promised to sell it to her, not like the last two who said they would then pulled out at the last minute."

He nodded. "Me too." A flash of sadness crossed his face. "I wish I could pay for it. Any of it." He rubbed a hand across his arm cast with an uncharacteristically moody frown. Then it was gone and he smiled. "Did you add anything else to the book?"

Kitty's gaze lingered for several seconds longer than it should have, her own smile fading just slightly. She looked away, back to the books pages. "Er... yeah. Here...." The girl went on to explain the newest section: elves.

"That's what I've heard. I have yet to confirm it." She nodded. "Maybe there will be elves up there. I'll send you a picture if I ever see one."

"Cool! You'll have to tell me if they are three inches high like a fairy tale, or really tall like Lord of the Rings," Norville grinned.

"Definitely," Kitty agreed. She closed the book and placed her hand on the cover. "You know, we haven't titled it yet."

"Do people title books before the end?" He thought for a minute. "How about... A Kitten's Journey Through the Mythological!"

"Ha, ha," she grinned. "I'm writing because I want to keep my facts straight. There's so much lore out there these days that varies so much, it's nice to have a guide that shows what's actually going on."

Back