The Vampire's Apprentice

"Good dog," Clancy said mildly.
Sam gruffed and wiggled a bit. He was a good doggy!
"Thank you for taking care of all this. This is the smoothest move I have ever made. At least so far," Clancy commented.

Clancy just chuckled and shook his head. Then he turned and sat on the stairs, looking down into the empty house. "I received a buyer for the house willing to take it sight unseen."

"Yes, oh yes," Clancy nodded. "It means we will have more money for the move and buying a new house. I did not expect a buyer for at least a week, but apparently some young couple has had their eye on making this their dream home." He paused. "I hope they planned on having the, uh, dream next-door neighbors!"

"I have no idea, but I'm sure she'll do her best to get over losing us," Clancy said with a mournful sigh. "I do not know how she will manage."

"In any case, if you could let her know tomorrow that we will be leaving tomorrow night and to please pardon the noise?" he requested. "We will be out of her hair soon enough."

Clancy frowned in thought as he counted back. "Hmm... twenty-five.... thirty... um... then those three... and there was the time..." He hesitated then looked at her. "How does forty sound?"

Back