The Vampire's Apprentice

He swallowed hard and nodded as he stared down at the dark, vaguely floral-patterned carpet. "I will be fine. I just... forgot. It's going to be an adjustment."

"Ah, well," she shrugged, bare toes tapping gently on the floor, "you and me both, I guess. We'll get used to it."

"Good question," Kitty said, glancing around the room. "One that I'm not really sure how to answer. I guess if there was a food court around here it'd be closed by now...." The thought of breakfast made her miss the diner. "We should focus on getting dressed, first. Then we can poke around the area for something to eat, yeah?"

"Yeah... that's a good idea," Norville nodded. "We could find something out on the road and stop at a park or something. But... before food and after putting on clothes, I think sam needs out."

Sam was standing by door whining. He wanted out!

"I believe that was implied." Kitty glanced to the hound. "Come, then! No time to be wasted!" She hopped off the bed, excitable but not as cheery.

Last edited:
Norville nodded. "Can I change in the bathroom?" He grabbed one of the plastic sacks his new clothes were still crammed into.

"Yeah, go ahead." Kitty didn't see why he needed to ask, but whatever worked. In the meantime, she found her own clothes and uncovered the map when she came across the guidebook. It was still tucked within the pages, and she was quite relieved to see it.

Norville disappeared into the bathroom for longer than one would think was needed to change clothes. When he finally came out, he was dressed in all black, his white arm cast shoving up the long sleeve of his shirt awkwardly. He managed to smile at Kitty, though he didn't meet her eyes. "I think I managed to put everything on the right way up. Ready to leave the room? Do we need to come back for anything?"

She closed the room door behind herself, having let Sam into the vehicle already. "Not that I can think of, but it's always good to double check; make sure we've gotten everything."

"Okay. Wow, you cleaned up and out fast." He walked around the room and checked everything. All that was left was his bags of items. "Okay, that looks like everything to me. What, uh, what next?"

"There wasn't that much here to begin with," she shrugged. "Best get everything squared away initially than procrastinate."

As for what's next? "I'm going to brush my teeth and meet you outside." Kitty held up a small sandwich bag containing her toothbrush and paste. "Start thinking of someplace you'd like to eat, alright?"

Norville nodded and headed out. "See you at the car. Don't forget to check out."

He went out and sat on the hood of the car. He glanced in to see Sam and climbed up and was sitting in the passenger seat, staring at him. He stared back. This was weird, being stared at by a dog.

"I haven't forgotten," Kitty replied. She brushed her teeth, turned in the key at the front, and went out to meet Norville. What she saw, the girl considered to be "male bonding" and left it at that.

Norville looked up. "Hey. Sam stole my seat." He glanced back at the dog. "I think. Unless I'm the designated backseat driver?"
Sam licked his lips then turned to Kitty, wiggling happily.

"Did you want to be?" She asked, not serious. "Sam, you silly dog. Since when did you change races and become human?"

Sam gave a gruff of happiness. His human was speaking. He danced his front paws on the seat, waiting for what happened next.

"I think I'd rather sit in the front, if I may?" Norville asked with a faint smirk.

Kitty chuckled and opened the door to let him out. She then gestured for Norville to take the seat after she had brushed it off somewhat.

Sam danced around and ran around the car once before returning to Kitty and looking at her expectantly.

"Thank, Kitty," Norville said, cautiously sliding into the seat.

Kitty looked back at Sam, raising an eyebrow in mock scold. She opened the side door and told the silly dog to get in.

Back