The Vampire's Donor

"Takes a long day to make the night lively," she spoke softly, staring out at the garden in front of her, "It truly is beautiful. I think that even when I live here I will be awestruck every time I enter a room. It's all quite impressive."

She thought it was ironic that he tended a garden in the night when it was possible meanwhile the plants thrived on the sunlight. They were opposites, yet in a way, both cared for one another. While he had a more literally care for the plants, the plants made his view that much more with of looking at. "You have a very caring manner," she spoke suddenly, "not only with people but with things. I suppose that you spend most of your time with things, after all, you have been around for so long. I don't know how it hasn't broken you, the silence of living alone."

Claire turned on her heel to face him, "Especially in a house of this size, I would go crazy alone. When I lived in my own place there always had to be some sort of sound otherwise I would think too loudly. I guess if those thoughts were more productive I wouldn't be here, so I must at least be thankful that those invasive thoughts are unintelligent."

Last edited:
Camphor smiled, walking towards the stairs then. He was surprised by the way this lady look at things... how she observes, how she comments... how she is taking everything in stride. A refreshing view in life, a bit of sunshine might not be that bad. He just wished that that characteristic would not break once she really comes to this place.

"Isolation, for me, is actually a gift," he laughed. "Being around plants, especially those toxic enough to kill your kind is somehow a meditative time for me. You are not harassed by the constant changes and the problems around you. It's just you and those beauties." He then turned to the female. "With you here, my attention might get a little sidetracked and the flowers might get a bit jealous." It was merely a suggestion. He was curious as to where he could push with his flirting until the girl gives in.

"Activities here would range from cleaning a room to actually trying to fight off a flying book," he laughed. "There will be a time where you will start to crave those quiet times." A tiny quirk of his brow and he was once again in a mood to play around, forgetting the morbid thoughts trying to invade. "I am conflicted... whether to be glad that your thoughts are unproductive or not." He then gestured to the lady to climb the stairwell first. "What do you think of libraries, dear? A bit boring perhaps?"

"Not at all. I enjoy reading from time to time, and the smell of a fresh or nicely aged book are some of my favorites," she smiled over to him. "If the flowers get jealous maybe they will intentionally grow larger or more vibrant just to spite you and show you what you're missing out on by devoting all your time to me."

Her mind began to conjure an image of what his library might look like, and what books would be contained in its walls. He seemed organized, so she could only imagine that each shelf had been organized meticulously. By the looks of the house, he probably had custom bookends so that none of the books were leaning even a little bit.

"I didn't peg you as someone who would read in their free time. You seem to like more active hobbies, such as gardening, which is not a bad thing. I think books are interesting because you can really envelope yourself in the story, and for a short amount of time you're able to be in another world as somebody else. Maybe that's just me though," she rubbed the back of her neck.

"That is good, that is good," he chuckled. "The library is one place to actually have an adventure to." And by that, he did not mean that they use their imagination. Some books inside could literary trap you in places only best described by books. There were also others, when unchained, could come up and actually attack.

"If the flora could be like that, I would have just taken in as many... companions as possible. That could have them blooming so beautifully I do not have to tend them anymore," he laughed. Opening the double doors towards the largest room in the house, he bowed elegantly and laughed. "Welcome to my humble abode. I do apologize to the clutter. It has been a while since I entered here."

Stacks upon stacks of books were littered near the shelves. Though what were placed on the shelves were organized, those piled up next to them ranged from history of salt to a Witch's guide to spell casting and voodoos. Scrolls, papers, and a few pens littered the large table in the middle of the room. Notes ranging from to-do lists and several equations could be read.

"Ever since I took up gardening, I forgot that this place existed," he laughed sheepishly. "Oh, If you want to stay here, please don't go up the stairs. I have yet to seal off some of the books there."

"I'll stay down here then. Luckily for you, I am quite the organizer, so if you would like -- and have space in the safe area for -- these books to be shelved I am more than willing. I would just need to know if you go by title or author if you do it alphabetically." She laid her hand on one side of the door frame as her eyes worked their way up the far wall, taking in the true expanse of this place.

"As for your flowers, I see that you enjoy pretty things. So much so that they become the focus of your life when you have the opportunity to be enraptured by something lovely," she looked over at him, wondering just how long it had been like this for him. Had he taken in other donors? Did he treat those women with such affection and flirt with them the same way he did her? It didn't really matter as it was his choice, but she found herself becoming slightly jealous at the mere thought.

"Are you a writer? I only ask because of the amount of paper on the table," she smiled, "Maybe chronicle life experiences, love affairs? I'd be very interested in taking a peek into your life should I be able to do so."

Claire volunteering to organize the library had Camphor sighing in gratitude. "That would be lovely, dear," he stated. Really, this lady was heaven sent and he was not going to give her up any time soon. "You could arrange them however you want. I'll just seal off the few remaining cursed books and you can have this place all to your self," he smiled.

The second statement had the vampire laughing and answering almost automatically. "Truly, something beautiful always captures my attention. I took you in, remember?" He blinked, thinking back on what he said before grinning sheepishly. "Yes. Yes. I'm sorry. I should have~ I shouldn't... I apologize for that."

That embarrassment quickly changed once again upon her comment. "I am not very fond of writing, sweetheart. I cannot express what I feel in words," he laughed. "And you? Maybe you have been through break-up that you start of writing poems on tissue papers and the back of a receipt." He remembered one friend who did that. Too bad she was far too gone for him to save.

"Hobbies, dear. Drawn anything? Digital arts, maybe? Bird watching? Have I asked you this a while back?"

"You're so bold, yet you take it back nearly every time. if you're not careful someone could mistake you for not being sincere," she teased. The flirting didn't bother her, and she found it somewhat funny when he would make a bold statement and immediately shy away from it.

"I don't really write now. I used to back in high school for fun, but as an adult, most of my time has been spent working. Plus, I sort of fell out of love with it; there's just too many things to keep track of you know? I don't believe you asked me about my hobbies, but even if you did I will just tell you again! I like cooking, clearly, running, reading, napping," she laughed, "I enjoy some craft-based hobbies, but once again I never really had the time for them. Besides, all the money I have is going towards getting me moved back out of my parent's house which means all the hobbies I have been actively doing have been free."

"What about you? Aside from flowers and evil bookbinding of course," she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned her back against the door frame.

"I really should stop that, huh? So many has been so pissed at me for giving them 'hope'," he stated, lifting both hands to gesture the quotation mark before chuckling. "And you? You look like you are fine and dandy with the mixed signals I am giving."

A smile, an impish one, bloomed on his pale features at her talking about her hobbies. "Then, once you come here and live with me, maybe we can rekindle your passion on those said hobbies except for the napping one. Can't have you getting fat, now. But you still need to be filled." He combed his hair back and grinned. "Is eating a hobby? 'Cos, babe, we are a match if you love cooking. As per other hobbies, annoying my friends is one." He made a face as Camphor crossed hisbarms and thought of the other things he loved doing. "Ah, since I have the attention span of a squirrel, I move from one hobby to another."

He stepped forward towards her, gesturing to continue with the tour. "Attic will be out of access since it's haunted. So, maybe the music room and then we could see to your room."

"You're telling me I am supposed to believe that a vampire shares a house with ghosts? I'll accept that," she laughed. "And napping doesn't make you fat, at least I am pretty sure it doesn't," she shrugged, "Maybe I will just have to rope you into my hobbies so I have an excuse to spend more time with you."

She thought it was interesting, and cliche, for him to have a music room. Cliche because of the stereotypes about his species, and interesting since music was quite an expensive thing to have a room for. Especially since he claims to jump from hobby to hobby so fast. When he mentioned that one of his hobbies was annoying his friends, she was not shocked as his friends sounded like the perfect type of people to annoy. If there was such a thing of course. She had her own qualms with his friends despite never meeting them because they were the ones who put together the whole cook position and posted an ad for it. That ad was, of course, not entirely truthful about what the job required which she understood, but in a way, she felt wronged.

"About the mixed signals, I'm not someone who expects anything from anyone else. It's foolish to believe that everyone truly means every word, so until I am given reason to believe there is weight behind your flirtatious comments I won't' be expecting anything," she assured him.

With the permission of actually going out, Camphor did go all out now. It was fun teasing the girl since most of her saying has him already either making suggestions or just plain appreciating her. "Napping would be the last thing in your mind if you want to spend time with me," he grinned, fangs protruding from his lips.

They walked down the halls and Camphor opened another door for the female to enter. It was a small room, unlike the previous chamber he showed her. This was simple and held all sorts of instruments, namely a keyboard, electric guitar, bass, a drum kit, then loads of instruments from different cultures and sides of the world. The windows, much like the dining area, were designed to have as much glass as possible. Heavy curtains covered said windows at this time of the day.

"We could add in a table and have this your crafts and arts room if you'd like," Camphor stated.

"Sure," she took a few steps in the room, "Don't tell me you actually play, or know how to play, all these instruments. They're quite lovely, don't get me wrong, but there's no way someone could learn to play this many things in a lifetime. It's just- oh, right. My bad."

Her eyes were drawn to the keyboard as she had once learned how to play it as a child. Of course, she no longer remembered how everything worked. The order of the keys, the pride in finishing a song, it was all just a distant memory to her. "Let's say you do know how to play all of these and they aren't just here to give you more pretty things to look at. How many were learned or bought to impress some lady?" Her tone was playful and inquisitive. "Or are you less show more talk? That seems more realistic, at least from my limited experience with you," she laughed gently and turned to face him.

"Not being boastful or anything but I do know how to play with all the instruments here. It's just that I am not very good with them. The only thing I have mastered there is the Shamisen and the guitar," he smirked. "But, you are both somehow correct and wrong that this is to impress. Yeah, I do hang them to make a good impression but it's not the chicks that are being attracted," he laughed. He then placed his hands over his waist. "Just because I like shiny and pretty things does not mean I have to hoard them. I may be a collector but not of that kind."

He moved inside, moving to where the keyboard was and took a piece of paper and a pen. "I could teach you if our time allows it," he offered unconsciously, writing up what is needed to be done in this room in case it really does become a crafts room for maybe the both of them. He noted down what kind of table be placed and what kind of wood.

"Next up will be your room. A fair warning though, the chamber is a bit dusty. I have to clean it up after your get back home," he stated.

"Interesting," she paused, "I used to play the piano when I was younger, but I never really stuck with it. My dad wasn't so happy about that because he wanted a talented child, but my mom was thrilled because I quit learning piano in order to learn how to cook. The didn't really think I would make it in the industry, so I suppose my current financial and living situations are quite encouraging of that ideal."

Claire let out a small yawn, covering her mouth as she did so. With all the anxiety surrounding this interview as well as the coffee she had had that morning wearing off, her body caught up with her. "After my room, I think I should head home for the day. I will be back early in the morning to cook, and I can help clean up the room allotted to me so that you don't have to rush to do it by yourself tonight" she offered.

"One really needs both motivation and inspiration," he mused.

The male looked at his employee with a fond smile. He nodded, letting her get out of the room before closing it once again. They walked further down to the end of the hallway where a simple ornate door stood. Opening the wooden object, Camphor stepped in. "Your room," he stated. He shook his head at her volunteering to help in cleaning. "It is better that you concentrate on listing what you will need once you transferred here," he murmured. He, too, started to yawn. What time was it now? Did he once again forgot that he was a creature of the night? Spirits, he really need to stop acting like an elementary kid given lots amounts of sugar when meeting with new people and faces.

"I mean, I have basic stuff that I will just bring with me in order to make my living here less of "maid living" and more of "rent-free"," she laughed softly, "As for stuff I may need to cook, I will have to go through the kitchen cabinets to see if there's any kitchenware I need, and then I figured we could go out shopping together for kitchenware and groceries if you are up for it."

She stepped into the room and allowed herself to look around, making sure she didn't touch anything as to not disturb the thick layer of dust that called this room its home. "I don't really require a lot of stuff for my living space I suppose. I'm sure I'll branch out here and there for hobby-related supplies, but I don't think I will need much of anything to make this room mine."

"Maid Living," he chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Take your time in the kitchen equipment and utensils," he stated. Turning to the dusty room, he sighed. He have to finish up the cleaning on the evening, after taking a nap or sleep through the entire day. Nothing was going to be finished with them tired. "Oh, just go and look for things that you enjoy. This house looks like it needs glitters and shit to make it look livable," he muttered absently.

He stretched then, Cherry moving through the halls to land on his shoulder as if knowing its owner and the visitor was to part ways. "I will see you by morning then?" he asked, verifying if his muddled up mind was still functioning. "You already have my number and this creature already knows you would be living here. Let's not keep your parents worried." Moving closer to Claire, the vampire placed his hand on the small of her back and guided her back to the living room. "Maybe when both of us are not tired, we could go and explore more rooms," he smiled.

"Of course," she smiled softly, nodding her head to him and the bird, "I will see you in the morning. What time would you like me here?"

Claire was used to late nights followed by early mornings, so this turn-around wouldn't be as painful as previous ones she had worked. A part of her felt bad for leaving entirely, but she knew that she had to. When she got home she would explain to her parents that she was moving out earlier than expected and tell them it was just a personal chef job which would benefit from a live-in arrangement. Regardless of their reaction, she would begin to pack up the small number of belongings she had released into her parents' guest room during her stay and place them back into her car with everything she had left in the trunk.

Camphor grabbed a violet umbrella near the exit and grinned. "Will it be a bother that I make sure you are safe in your travel from here to your truck and to your home?" he asked. He was still not ready for the female to go but it is a necessity.

In just a few hours, this girl had known Camphor compared to the many years his friends took the time to actually discover who he was. He was going to blame them for him opening up like that to a stranger. Damn their little pranks and dragging some civilian into the mess. Though... it was to his advantage. He has mixed feelings for his friends now.

"Let's get you buckled up. Are you sure you will be alright in your journey? You were sleepy a while back."

"I will be fine. I'm not sure how you intend to accompany me home just to leave, and I think it would be best if my parents didn't interact with you. They can be a lot, and they like to assume things without getting the truth behind what's going on," she admitted sheepishly, "I have driven in far more dangerous states of exhaustion and made it home and into bed just fine. Maybe I'll stop and get something sugary or caffeinated in hopes it'll wake me up."

Her mind could only begin to imagine how he would react if she had told him that many times she had gotten home and woken up with no recollection of the drive nor the walk into her place. Hell, sometimes she even forgot how the shift ended which always worried her if she had been the one who was supposed to lock up that night.

She did not say "no". This has become an invitation for the vampire. He just nodded his head as Miss Claire explained that she will be fine. He could not accept it though. Better safe than sorry. How many of his friends told him that? How many of them assured him that they will be alright and yet never arrived in their destination? "I will heed your call, then, Miss Claire," he easily lied.

Camphor then led them back to the entrance and opened the umbrella, shielding his pale features from the killing light of the giant star from above. "Shall we," he sang. "I am just going to accompany you to your car, madame, do not worry," he laughed. Cherry, silently listening to these two, spread his wings and went to the skies upon the opening of the door. "Be safe, alright," Camphor smiled.

Back