The Vampire's Donor

"Life is a lot easier without a filter. It lets you know who you can and cannot trust, but be warned if anyone gets too disrespectful for my taste I won't hesitate to fire back. Sure," she paused, "I can be nice and gentle, but I'm not one to be pushed around." Claire looked into the room and her eyes widened. It was almost like the mess that had existed yesterday was entirely in her imagination.

"I told you that I would've helped clean up Cam, but still thank you for this," she offered a warm smile to Camphor. In her mind she was already stirring up ways to thank him for doing this for her even if that wasn't the whole reason he had done it in the first place. It was a nice way to start fresh in his home, and she hoped that it wouldn't be too hard for her to get into the groove of the place. Breakfast seemed like it went as well as possible which showed promise.

If she was totally honest with herself, she was more than ready to just go back to sleep after the small amount she had managed the night prior. Still, she was thankful that she had gotten any and that her nights began to look a lot more promising in regards to sleep. "I don't blame you by the way Hawthorne, I just wish it wouldn't have been such an abrupt meeting and consult."

Camphor smiled at the female, setting her things on the side while stepping away as his counter-part did the same. "Well, get settled in, Miss Clair," Camphor chirped. "When you are okay with everything, you can have the day off. I've never had employees before-" Hawthorne scoffed at this. "-so you can do whatever you want for the time being. I might be sleeping the whole day anyways so I cannot possible joining you for lunch."

Both vampires then started for the exit, Hawthorne mumbling something to himself before dragging the other to the deeper parts of the house. "I only have fifteen minutes left. What went into your brain to take in a disease?" he asked again.

"The girl went through much. Before I go and kill myself from my stupidity, I want to make someone happy. I don't care who it is or how I will find them. What you did as a prank was somehow of a benefit for me," the black-haired male chuckled. "Haw, let me have my fun. I want to feel what humanity felt like once again."

Claire slid the bag off her shoulder and sat on the bed, taking it all in before letting herself fall back onto the mattress. "Should I go out and shop for things to make dinner and other stuff you need for around the house?" she asked not knowing if either of the men were paying enough attention to have heard her. It felt nice to have a day off that wasn't the result of her being unemployed. Maybe she would get some sleep in before making herself lunch and heading to the shops should Camphor find that idea appealing.

Even if he didn't need anything, she would likely step out to get herself some stuff to make the room feel more "homey" to her so that she wasn't in a totally foreign space. She wasn't entirely sure if she wanted to commit to unpacking her stuff yet just in case something changed and Camphor decided to give her the boot, or in case she decided to get new shelves and such because unpacking things just to move them again a short time later seemed pointless to her.

Even if they were away from the room, both vampires heard her request. "Yeah, that would be alright with me. Do you need some money? My wallet's in the living room table. Take whatever you need there," he called out as Hawthorne rolled his eyes at his kindness. "If you could, try to get whatever you need for the kitchen, along with food."

"You do know that she can't carry all those by herself," the blond reminded the other.

"Text me if you need help," Camphor nodded after staring at his friend in realization. "Also, wake me up if you come back. I'll help in the lifting."

Claire shook her head. Maybe it would take a few trips for her to do it on her own, but she wasn't incapable. Even if the food was for his meals as well, she figured it was best to just use her money, what little of it she had, to pay since she would probably be picking things out that appealed to her and might not appeal to him. "I'll try to remember that," she projected a bit louder to make sure they heard.

She used her elbows to prop herself up and rested there for a bit before erecting herself completely. Her keys jingled lightly in her pocket, reminding her that they were there and ready to leave whenever she was. However, she didn't want to go entirely unprepared, so she took out her phone and began writing a list in the notes app of general things and figured she would take a walk around the kitchen to add to the list things that she felt were missing or lacking. That way she didn't buy anything unnecessary and had an idea of stuff to get to work off of food items Camphor already had about the kitchen.

Hawthorne gave a list to Camphor on what was to be done. "We could just have a witch brew a healing potion for her and have her blood replenished," the blond suggested, handing over the piece of paper.

"To convince Professor Rosada into creating a healing potion means to surrender another life in exchange," Camphor unconsciously muttered.

I was not talking about the best brewer, your idiot," Hawthorne chuckled. "For you to actually think of the professor when there are plenty of witches and brewers out there.You want everything for her to be the best."

Camphor rolled his eyes before moving to where his chambers was. Closing the door behind him, he let Hawthorne do whatever he wanted. They have known each other for 50 years now, there was nothing to worry about the vampire. "Cherry, make sure Claire is safe and not even harassed by the other creatures. Our scents would have been faint on her."

Claire peeked down the hall before making her way back down the stairs to the kitchen in order to finish up her list. She bumped gently into the table as she wasn't paying total attention to her surroundings. After moving the table back over the little bit she had moved it, she began to open cabinets as her phone sat on the table. When she would think of something, she would walk over to the kitchen table and add the item to the list before returning.

"I wonder if, yep he has it," she closed the last cabinet and made her way over to the fridge.

It seemed pretty barren, but she worked off of what she saw and had used prior to guess what type of foods Camphor would enjoy. Sure, some of the foods on her list were purely self-indulgent, but she didn't want everything she bought to be for herself even if she refused to spend any of Camphor's money on what she was purchasing.

Knowing that Camphor is slumbering at this time, two figures stepped into the house's territory. The wards were quickly disarmed and Cherry, though quick to assess who just came, was too slow to react. One of the figures had used a net and caught the flying creature with ease. Cherry did not squak but tried to fight the net. "Calm down, bird brain," the gruff voice from none other than Aconite Bane.

"Let the bird go, Acon. It hasn't done anything to you," Rosada Evergreen commanded as she lighlty stepped to the front of the house and waved her hand on the lock. She was surprised that is was never locked in the first place. "Oh? Someone living is inside?"

Acon, thinking that it might be dangerous to let the tiny witch in first, moved to open the door. Both then silently walked to around before turning to the kitchen. "What do we have here?" Acon called out.

Claire jumped and screamed, her phone clattering to the ground as her back slammed into the countertops by the fridge. Her whole body was tense despite all the shaking it seemed to be doing. "Y-You must be m-m-more of Cam's frien-d-ds," her throat struggled to let the words pass, but she tried to speak again after a deep breath. "I am his new chef, Claire," her eyes darted between the people in front of her and the tile on the ground, "Camphor's upstairs sleeping. I was just about to leave, so I can go get him for you if you would like. Otherwise, I think I should head out." On her face was a forced smile, but in her mind, she wanted to yell for him. Bending down to pick up her phone she considered doing so. Although, she didn't hear of any visitors that were truly unexpected even if some guests weren't the most desirable.

Aconite laughed sheepishly while his companion, the tiny witch, elbowed his chest in annoyance. "Apologies," Rosada stated. "We did not mean to surprise you." Listening to how she introduced herself and how she moved, Rosada gave a humorless smile. "You are dismissed, child. You also do not need to wake your employer. Those who did try had... disappeared," she announced.

"Don't worry, hun," Acon muttered eyes closed and the goofy smile still on his face. "Go and do whatever it is. We'll be hanging around here until either you come back or the maggot upstairs wakes up." He made a sniffing noise. "Hmm, Rosie, she smells like him. Do you think they already did the do?" he chuckled.

Claire's cheeks went red at the person's statement, and she ducked her head as she passed the two strangers who had been standing in front of her. The list hadn't been completed entirely, but it was good enough for her to take the opportunity to leave. Once she reached the door she grabbed the small bag containing her wallet and keys and pulled her shoes on.

"Lovely to meet you," she smiled at them before turning back around to open the door. Once she was outside she let out a long exhale, her body finally giving itself a chance to calm down. As she slid into her car, she found that her hands were still shaking a bit but pulled out anyways, knowing that this would not last too much longer. At least, she hoped that it wouldn't last too much longer.

"Cute," Aconite commented, laughing like the maniac he was before trudging to where the vampire slept. Rosada merely sighed. She got a pot from the cabinets and started brewing tea, mixing a few of her calming draught. If ever the male above was dragged back into the kitchen, he will need what she has brewed. Turning to the bird still entrapped on the net, she released it and watched as it squawked and flew off to follow Claire.

Camphor was thrown into the kitchen area like he was merely a rag doll. He snarled as his fangs grew longer and her skin a more grayish color. His hands had turned to something akin to claws. "You insolent fuck," he growled, voice turning double. "Do you really think~!"

"Enough of that, both of you," Rosada commanded, causing the vampire to have his scarlet eyes turned to the witch in horror. Camphor automatically sat on the chair before calming and sighing in frustration.

Claire's anxiety has subsided far before she had pulled into the parking lot of the supermarket. Her original plan was to get in and get out, but now she thought it might be better if she took her time and maybe even wandered around the store a little bit. It was starting to seem like Camphor's friends weren't the most subtle or down-to-earth people out there which wasn't necessarily a bad thing; she was just someone who valued first impressions. Plus, she was used to more subtle and planned introductions as opposed to people just showing up and sticking around to do and say whatever they pleased.

Her car was parked close to the door, at least as close as she could be, and she pulled out her phone as she walked through the automatic doors. First, she would go for the cookware and things of the like that she needed, then food, and then things she needed for herself should budget allow. It was odd shopping for someone other than herself or some restaurant that only required her to go and pick up the order, but she didn't mind it too much since it was for Camphor essentially. The vampire and girl hadn't been acquainted long, but she felt like she could trust him. Besides, she was living with him now which was really giving her a taste for what a nice home life could be despite how short her time there had been thus far.

"I swear to everything holy, madame, if something were to happen to the girl, I will end him," he threatened, pouring all his emotions on that single sentence. It would have made the majority of the citizens here quiver. The threat alone plus his status would have done it. For him to threaten these two, though, was like shouting threats at a storm. Even with that idea, he still did it.

Aconite just grinned. He was never affected by threats of warnings. The city in which they are in also knew that. "We haven't done anything to the maggot, maggot," he replied lightheartedly. "She was a bit in a hurry to get out, though. Did you threaten to have her fired~!"

"I did nothing of that," Camphor stated, slamming his fist on the table before him. "She was to buy what she needed," he declared. "I already told her to take my wallet or some of the bills there for expenses."

Again, the blue-haired coach laughed. "Your wallet is still on the living room, untouched. I think she could~!"

Camphor was already dashing towards the the living room, texting Claire where was and preparing to get out of the house. The vampire did not even think as he grabbed his umbrella and walked out of his own home, living the two tutors to look after everything.

Claire's phone buzzed in her hands over and over as she stalked the isles, seeing that it was Camphor made her nervous. She wondered if the two guests had told him some wild lie and gotten her in trouble, or worse, fired. "I'm just at the supermarket a block or two away Cam. Entertain your guests, I will be fine. I'm shocked to see they woke you after they told me some horror story about doing so ~C" Once she had hit send and put her phone on do not disturb she slid her phone in her pocket.

There was not much more on the list to get, so she would just go off memory. He had told her it was okay to go shopping, so she wondered what had set him off. Maybe there was some big misunderstanding, maybe he decided he didn't want her to be alone; any way, she had no clue what the issue was.

Camphor's entrance to the supermarket was like a cowboy entering the local bar. He was fast enough to know where his friend was by tracking her scent. Moving to where the female was, Camphor was quick to raise her chin to meet his eyes and examine any wounds and any marks that might have been given to her by either the blue-haired asshole or Miss Rosada. "Are you feeling anything? Feeling woozy? Light-headed? An extreme amount of calm?" he questioned.

As much as he trusted both older beings, he could not help but make sure that they haven't made any marks. "Did Sir Acon stood in front of you or sat next to you?" he asked. "Please tell me the truth, as much as they are my tutors, Sir Acon is very mischievous and might have placed a talisman in your pocket or just injected you with sleeping draught."

"They didn't even get close to me. I slammed my back into your counters and dropped my phone before rushing past them to leave when they told me to go. I didn't even hear them come in; I was fully convinced there for a moment that I was going to die," she rubbed the back of her neck and pulled her chin from his finger. "I'm shocked they woke you after saying you would kill me had I done the same."

She turned back to her cart and continued to push it down the isle. He really didn't need to be here, but his presence was a welcomed one. "I am almost done shopping and then I can drive us home. The bird can go in the car too if he'd like. I know you send him after me. Feel free to check the cart and grab things you think I am missing. Will your tutors be joining us for dinner tonight or should I only expect to cook for the two of us? I will need to pick up more of a few ingredients should they be staying."

Camphor gave a sigh relief. He rubbed his face in frustration before walking alongside her, not taking the cart. It looked like Miss Claire would snap at him if he did take it. IT would also keep her distracted. "Yes, they usually pop out in the kitchen as if they were the owners of the house. I am actually surprised the wards can't notice them," he muttered moodily.

"I do think they will be joining us," he sighed. He felt as if he has disappointed the female beside him. He blinked a few times when he realized that his tutors just warned her of that. "They are powerful," he stated glumily. "And they are correct in warning you about my sleeping habits. Like I have said, I was a soldier before I turned into this. So waking me up would be me sticking my claws into your chest."

"I never had any plan to wake you up. I just figured since they had shown up they may have wanted to see you, but that was quite foolish wasn't it?" Her question didn't need an answer because she already knew it. She turned at the end of the isle to go back down to produce. "I just wish I would've known that your cohorts would be showing up to sniff me out, both literally and figuratively. I don't mind the cooking, but the surprise socializing is a bit odd, I must admit."

She grabbed extras of some of the more generic vegetables, opening the bags their brethren resided in only to toss them in and twist tie it shut again. It was a very kind thing that Camphor had cooked breakfast because she would've most likely been a little upset of having to cook two "family" meals. Plus, the breakfast would have had to be made as Hawthorne had arrived because she would've only cooked for the two of them. "Is there anything that they like to eat specifically? I just want to impress them so that they trust me with you," she admitted.

Last edited:
"I know you don't," Camphor smiled. Miss Claire was too respectful to be coming into his room and yanking him off the bed before trying to break his ribs with her boots. "I really do apologize to what you've have to tolerate and witness," he stated tiredly. "I'll compensate for what has happened. Just tell me what you need and what you want me to do." Camphor really do not know how to actually apologize in words. He'd rather just show it through his actions and show her that he really was being honest and sincere.

"Lady Rosada likes creamy beef pasta while the other would most likely inhale everything that is on sight," he advised before giving a challenging smile. "That would be a bit of a steep climb for you in terms of impressing them. The trust, they don't really give to anyone. Hell, they don't even trust each other with their lives," he joked. "Set the serving to 8 people even if it would only be for the four of us. Don't worry about leftovers, Sir Acon is a trashcan."

Back