The Vampire's Donor

Claire rolled her eyes in a joking manner, "As long as you don't tell them I sent you. Word of warning though, it does get pretty crowded in there if the staff isn't on top of everything, so you might be sandwiched in a group of semi-formally dressed people who are yelling because they think they're the most important thing there." The slight flash of fangs caught her attention, but it didn't worry her like she thought it should. It was odd to her that she became so easily acclimated to the job.

"If you'd like to eat before I start dinner you can," she offered once again, hoping that the vampire's pride or favoritism towards her wouldn't deter him again. "If you have a certain way you would like what I cook to be made up for you let me know that as well, just so I don't make something unfavorable."

The vampire bit his tongue at the suggestion. Now that he has the time to step away from being 'human', his hunger was starting to get the better of him. He should decline but the offer was too much. Testing the waters, Camphor got off his chair and closed his eyes. "If... if you insist, I won't decline," he declared before slowly moving to invade her space. His eyes never left hers, trying with all his might to school his own expression and hunger, he took took a deep breath and cornered the smaller figure. Lifting her up to the counter, he buried his face between her neck and shoulder. "Last chance, love. Are you okay to push through?" he asked again.

He was scared or rejection, scared that he might scare her. He could have just stared through her eyes and let her fall for him for the moment as he fed but it felt as if he just drugged and raped someone. Praying to the deities he once believed in, he wished that Claire would snap out of it and just decline.

[Um... tell me if I am starting to get overboard or that I stepped out of my boundaries]

(Will do)

Her chest rose as she drew in a deep breath. Having the larger figure loom over her own felt scandalous, maybe totally inappropriate, but it didn't feel wrong. In her eyes no boundaries were pushed, if anything it had felt almost like the space between her jaw and shoulder had been sculpted just for him to fill. The warmth of his breath kissed her neck as they sat, and she resisted the urge to put her arms around him in some way instead leaving her palms flat against the counter top.

"It's my job, but it's almost like you feel guilty," she admitted, his own tensions having filled her with a couple, "You can't let it get this dire each time if it's so worrying. Not that I mind." The last bit was mumbled, hopefully incoherent. "I have a dinner to make for guests so do or don't please." Her words felt like a betrayal, and she wished she would've taken just a moment longer to have rephrased it in a kinder manner.

Taking a deep breath, Camphor lightly placed his arms on the counter behind the female before opening his mouth slowly. His serrated teeth graved the skin on his lips lightly before he actually sank his fangs in. That lasted within two second before his teeth retracted. Like a lover giving hickies, Camphor sucked the first few seconds before just lapping on the skin, letting the blood flow into his mouth. Taking about three gulps, the vampire snapped back, placing his gloved hand over the wound and whispering a soft apology. Grabbing the napkin within his reach, he dubbed the reddening skin as he tried to cover his own mouth.

The taste of blood, though not healthy, had him closing his eyes and stumbling away from the female. Once he bumped into the wall he could only lean on it for stability. Taking in deep breaths, he covered half of his face and gritted his teeth. The hunger to just devour her was the one thing that snapped his thoughts back to reality. How hungry was he to get such a reaction?

As his breathing slowed and his eyes weren't glowing red, he turned to the female and gave an apologetic smile. "I wish I did not hurt you~ I mean, hurt you aside from biting you and sucking~ you know..." he gave a soft chuckle, eyes still blown and hungered. "Are-are you okay? Feel dizzy? or anything aside from the pain on your neck?"

Her concern for herself was lacking as she watch the vampire struggle, "I'm okay." Claire could feel the heat in her cheeks and could only image the shade of red they had become at the feeling of his lips and tongue against her lips. That feeling made her understand just how dangerous it could all be. It was intoxicating, but the high wasn't something to be craved no matter how much her brain said otherwise. "I-," her eyes drifted to the floor, "I can warm up one of the blood bags from the freezer and start dinner."

'Rocky transition there huh?' she thought, but there hadn't been anything else she could come up with. Her neck was warm and she grabbed another napkin to dab at her neck. With her free arm, she pushed herself off the counter and used the sink to wet the napkin and rub away the blood staining where she could feel it. Under different circumstances she would've asked for help, but she felt like that could get them into trouble which wasn't something to strive for.

"The pain is bearable by the way," she admitted, "it only stings when your fangs pierce my skin, but then it's just warm and sensual I suppose." Her back was turned to the man as she spoke these words. If she had been facing him she doubted she would've been anywhere near as bold.

"Again," the male panted, still covering his mouth. "I apologize." Fixing up his clothes as if they had a session, he took a shuddering breath smiled, trying not to show how much he was affected. "No need to warm the blood bags," he stated, walking to gently grab the napkin and dub the wounds and blood stains on her skin. "I had my fill. More of that and the instructors would have to be called to bind me again." Finishing up with his cleaning, he again gave a peck of apology on the female's exposed neck, not knowing how miss Claire would react.

"Let's... let's get dinner ready?" He laughed sheepishly after than. "I mean, both the instructors would start to question what we are up to if dinner comes later," he tried that excuse. Well, he knew both older beings already knows what's up but no way in hell will he get teased again.

"Also, we really need to get you to a much healthier lifestyle. Your blood is quite bland," he joked. Thankfully, he was loaded. He could give every medical health to the female. "Oh, I... um... I... let's see here," he started, something coming up. "I... really do not know how to say this but... are you... I mean... are you okay with this environment? Do you need someone... should I hire someone to help in tidying... you know... maybe a companion to you?" Well, he tried. Talking to someone he just knew, a new friend, and he is again a stuttering mess as if he was a child asking for a cookie. "Just tell me if you need anything. I mean it. If I have to hire other people to make you more comfortable, I will do it." He had to close his eyes and force a friendly smile at this.

"No need to apologize darling, you had my permission. You got it when I accepted the job," she smiled, "dinner might be wise. I'm sure they will still tease us though, it seems to be their sole purpose around here." It felt sort of inappropriate to say such things about her bosses 'friends', but it was the truth. They seemed quite nosey as well, but that was definitely out of line to say. Besides, the two hadn't been spotted peeking at them or anything of the sort.

"If my blood is so bland that must mean you fluster easily," she joked in response. His comment about her environment was a bit out there. Claire wondered if she had said or done anything that made it seem like her place her was less than satisfactory. "I don't mind cleaning at all. It gives me something to do in time that would otherwise go unused. You're the perfect amount of company for me, plus if someone new was introduced I would have to learn how to work and act around them. Any cleaning person I've met has been kind, at least to my face. They tend to talk a lot though and complain quite a bit, but that could just be the people I have encountered." She grabbed his jaw between her thumb and index knuckle and shook it a bit, "Look at that adorable smile," she teased.

Her hand dropped as she turned her attention to the fridge, starting to take out what would be needed for dinner that night and mumbling the ingredients to herself to make sure she hadn't forgotten anything.

"Still," the vampire murmured, his body finally relaxing. He could feel his cheeks burning from the way she flirted with him. Once his embarrassment was out of the way, he leaned on the nearest and watched her do her job. A sigh escaped his lips as he grabbed his phone and started through his contacts, looking for the right person to go and destroy the business of the one who kicked Claire out? "Could you give me the address again," he murmured, already texting the loud mouthed hematologist and then the bitchy Eli. Those two would make a fine pair of destroying them either through arson or using money to do it.

Rosada came by at that time, blinking to adjust to the lighting and giving a smile. "Looks like you two are getting comfortable. Mister Camphor, if you may, could you prepare some tea."

The male nodded. It was almost automatic to listen to the tiny witch. She had been like a mother figure for thee vampire - helping him when he needed it the most, healing him when injured and even making sure his mental health was alright. "Earl grey or fruits?" he asked absently.

"Fruits. With chamomile."

"Give me a few minutes to prepare then," he stated softly, looking for a kettle to boil the water. As the witch walked out, Camphor have already filled the said container and placed it on the stove. He then moved towards the cabinets, grabbing the dried ingredients and a bottle of honey to make the tea. He moved with grace, not even disturbing Claire from her preparation for dinner.

"I cannot because I don't want you threatening those poor people," despite the chaos her life had been thrown into because of her firing she tried to hold no ill will towards those who did it. To Claire such a thing seemed silly since people got let go all the time, and she had better uses for her time than sitting around and motherfucking the business that had decided she wasn't what they wanted anymore. Now she had a new, seemingly secure, job and didn't care much to even think about what life used to be like in her old position. Here was much different; at least the feeling was much different.

It was odd for her to see her boss become so submissive. Sure, he hadn't been very overbearing or anything, but the way he slipped into what seemed to be routine under the witches words was odd. It was definitely a softer side to him that differed from the softness certain interactions between Camphor and herself had revealed. It was also strange to hear him called mister, but it seemed that Rosada was the reason he sometimes referred to Claire as "Miss".

Without even mentioning the witches appearance she continued on cooking, humming gently to herself from time to time just to keep her mind on task. There had been a time where she hadn't hummed and would always forget things or move too slow or quick. The humming helped keep pace and allowed her brain to dance with the familiar rhythm of a song it always seemed to enjoy hearing.

"Do either of them require certain cooking styles or seasonings added or taken on top of what you had told me earlier?" her eyes shot to Camphor for only a few seconds before the food took her focus again.

Turning to the female, he winked and shook his head. "There isn't any if I recall," he replied, filling a small pan of water before placing it over the stove for it to boil. Listening to the humming of the beauty inside the room with him, he could not help but give a smile. He was tempted to hum with her when he knows the song but that would just give him away that he was hyperaware of her.

Once the water boiled, Camphor turned to grab the dried tealeaves and some of the dried fruits in the drawers. He placed them on a strainer and poured water over them. "For some reason, lady Rosada could taste everything even when it merely passed through the leaves. From my point of view, it's better to let them soak a while and yet she wants it like this," he mused, not really getting why his tutor want it like this. Closing the pot and disregarding the wet leaves, he took up the jar of honey and placed it next to it. A cup, a teaspoon, a honey dipper... all set. "Excuse me for a while, love," he stated, lifting the tray and moved fluidly out of the kitchen.

He got back a few minutes and grinned in triumph. The tea was to the witch's liking. "Back to the topic," he chuckled. "I am not going to threaten the people in there," he stated, blinking innocently, trying and failing to hide the mischief that glowed in his features.

Sorry for the gaps on replies recently. i've found it harder and harder to get motivated))

"Something about you tells me otherwise Cam," she laughed as she moved the prepped food back on the counter and turned on a burner to heat and coat the pan in oil after washing her hands. "It really isn't a big deal," she stopped, turning all of her attention to him, "you should thank them after all right? If they had never let me go you wouldn't be looking at me in your kitchen right now. You would have some entirely different chef, and maybe they would've been a better fit than me. We will never know though huh? Crazy how that works."

Her footsteps were gentle across the floor of the kitchen as she made her way back over to the fridge. The ingredients she'd saved for last were things less important upfront for the soup she was making, although the amount of food she had already prepped made her feel ridiculous even if Camphor had said to cook for 8.

"I think I am going to leave the seasoning until last. If I do it that way I can prep the bowls for everyone in terms of the flavor they like instead of sticking everyone with one thing," she spoke allowed but it was mostly just to make herself remember. "Cam, Rosada, Acon, and I can eat whatever."

[no no! i really enjoy this, i hope you do to. ofc if you're over it we can drop it; i dont wanna force u to hang around. i've just had writers block is all, i suppose i shouldn't have used unmotivated.]

[oh. XD I am alright with our weekly style of replying actually. With work being shit and all. Give me a few to reply to the RP. I am not abandoning yee]

Camphor tilted his head, listening to her explain as to why he can't just destroy the one that had her into such a position. He snorted as that. "Trying to use the Butterfly Effect, eh?" he stated, amused by the logic. "And what makes you think I will hire others even if they are better? Remember, dear, it was not my intention to have an employee," he teased, moving away from the beauty so that she could move freely without having to tell him 'excuse me'.

"The past is past, I guess," he stated, not really sure if what he stated was an insult or not. "It should not bother you of me questioning." Making a face of feigned innocence once again, he settled on the chair and just watched her. With his superhuman hearing, he could not help but smile at her suggestions. She was correct, though. They could eat whatever.

"Now I just need to pray to the gods above that there would not be anyone who comes crashing in. If some of my friends come by and start making a ruckus, there would be so much blood to spill that one of them would have to be stuffed back to the coffins and heal for a century." They had actually done this. With them virtually being immortal, a century was not... time wasting.

[alright sick. i felt real bad bc my reply times weren't exactly consistent, but im glad it works for you]

"Back? Hm, I'll act like I didn't hear that part," she shook her head gently at the vampires words. 'This here that there, right?' she thought, 'right. Why am I so worried about this.' She continued to cook, putting the more "optional" ingredients to the side to add in for the others later. In her mind, there was no way she would make any of the guests nor Cam add the spices and other extras on their own; what a poor reflection of her work ethic and ability that would be in her eyes.

Oddly, she felt like she really needed to impress Cam's friends. "If it wasn't your intention to hire someone why not conduct a normal interview and just tell me I didn't get the job? Sure, your," Claire paused, "friends, were a bit insistent about you having someone, but wouldn't you have saying you tried to find someone and couldn't find a good fit be enough for them? Sure, it may have been a lie, but still. I think some part of you thought it would be enticing to have me around for whatever reason."

Her mouth had moved faster than her mind, the final sentence slipping out before she could bite her tongue. Maybe Camphor would laugh it off; hopefully Camphor would laugh it off. 'Idiot.' she thought, her stirring getting a bit more aggressive.

[apologies. Had a hectic two weeks because of work]

Camphor's smile grew but he did not open his mouth immediately. He thought of his words carefully but it looked like it was not going to be flowery as he expected it to be. "Because," he started, licking his fangs and turning to the ceiling, remembering the first time they met and how he felt about it. "First, I could not actually lie to those buffoons. They would clearly call out my bullshit and would hire someone so cheerful and bright and annoyingly loud that I would be forced to shut them up," he chuckled. "Remember, I was not looking for anyone to hire but your condition has me thinking otherwise. And yes, you were enticing. So much so that I had you have a tour the first time we met."

Stretching from his seat, he resting his head on the wall and yawned. Way past his bedtime but to hell with it. Lady Rosada and Aconite should be out by the afternoon before he could continue the sleep he longed for. Well, he had nothing to do later and he should adjust his body clock to wake at daytime to accommodate the new being living with him.

His fingers drummed on his arm, scenarios of different kinds passing through his mind. Some of it had him frowning while the others - most of them - were of just lax and happy scenes. Her meeting with the others and him trying to see how he could adjust to her group of friends.

[no worries! stuff happens ^^]

"You can call them down now," she piped up, "just let them know that I will have to add spices and such to their helping individually to make sure it's to their liking exactly." She turned and smiled at the vampire, his admittance that she was enticing making her a bit hesitant to make eye-contact. It was true, he had seemed to quickly take a liking to her, but at the time she hadn't thought much about it. Claire figured it may have been a way to talk to her more, find out more about the woman he had been so quick to hire. Of course, she had quickly been invited to move in and accepted the offer which seemed all sort of blurry now that she really thought about it.

"I suppose my intrigue was also why I was so quickly welcomed into the home," she joked, "and once this dinner is over you can return to bed while I obey the few rules I was given upon moving in. Once everything is cleaned up maybe I'll read or shower." The last sentence was her thinking out loud, although she wasn't exactly sure if there was a shower etiquette here as she had yet to shower.

"I suppose I'll have some questions for you after we eat, but nothing that'll require your conscious mind for too long," she turned back to the cabinets taking out plates, bowls and silverware. Maybe the table should've been set, but she was intending to serve everyone which made this method more acceptable.

The talk about him going to sleep made him yawn out. Standing, the male chuckled before stretching until he felt his spin pop. "Ah'll call thaem down," he stated before moving to exit. He gave another chuckle at the implication of her showering. "We could shower together if you'd like," he called out, brows wiggling before laughing innocently and raising both hands up in surrender. "I'm joking, I'm joking." With that said, he quickly went to where his tutors are and called them down.

"Very gentlemanly, Mister Camphor," Rosada stated as he entered the library. Camphor stopped on his tracks and rubbed the back of his head from embarrassment. Coach Aconite was just laughing, giving a thumb's up before being whacked on the head by his partner. "Dinner is prepared I will presume?"

"You presumed correctly, lady," Camphor smiled nervously, taking the tray of the empty pot and cups and followed Rosada to the dining area. He told them of how Miss Claire did their food and Rosada tilted her head in acknowledgement. The coach was kind enough to pull on the curtains before admiring the heavy cloth and their texture. Making sure that the lady was comfortable, Camphor for back to the kitchen and dumped the used teapot and others to the sink before helping the female in preparation.

"Lots of cheese and salt for Coach Acon and a drizzle of garlic powder and cheese for the lady," Camphor stated, acting like a waiter and telling them the guests' orders to the chef.

Back