The Vampire's Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy Dalfyry

SCREEEEEEEE
Allison sighed as she walked, the only things lighting her way being the streetlamps and the moon. If only she did not stay at the library so late, then she wouldn't have to walk home in the dark. However, she could not help it. Her favorite books entranced her too much, Harry Potter and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde being the main culprits. She occasionally looked up at the beautiful night sky, the beautiful orb that was the moon hanging high and shining bright like a spotlight, only natural. She smiled, and let herself get lost in her thoughts and the solitude while her legs carried her. If only she knew about the danger that would soon approach.

Clancy woke with a start. He felt as if he had been dreaming. Strange. That was a physical impossibility for someone of his kind, and yet he could not shake the feeling he had been thinking or feeling something just before waking. Such an odd sensation he had not had since... Well, a very, very long time. He rose from his bed and stretched before walking across the stone and lead-lined bunker to the circular metal staircase winding its tight way up to the first floor. He climbed up, smoothing his hair as he went, and lightly pushed up the trap door.

Up above him, a heavy butcher's block glided aside to allow the door to raise, and he walked up into his small kitchen. He took a deep breath of air before closing the door, the butcher's block gliding back into place. Ah, this was much better! As safe as his bunker kept him, it was also rather stuffy. He walked through the house to the bedroom he used as a large closet, and he changed quickly, smiling as he watched himself in the mirror. His hair smoothed, his black coat smoothed over his blood-red shirt, and his tie the perfect looseness, he stepped out. Time to go out on the town and find some dinner!

The last rays of the sun disappeared as Clancy set his hat on his head and strolled into town. His little house was situated right on the edge of a quaint town that had enough business to allow a single person to disappear without the annoying hustle and bustle and suspicion of a larger town. He sauntered toward the library and the busier districts. Perfect for a little... hunting.

In her thoughtful daze, Allison failed to notice that a man with ill intention began to follow her. "Well, what're you doin' all alone out here, beautiful?" He called, much to her first surprise, then dismay. She didn't respond but kept walking, albeit a little faster now. The catcaller matched her pace and quickened so that he was almost right behind her. "Don't you know that it's dangerous to be out alone in the dark? Someone might..." He then wrapped one arm around her waist and covered her mouth with his unused hand. She immediately began to struggle, pushing on the arm that held her captive, and trying to pull the hand that kept her silent away, to no avail. Thus, she could only hope that someone would walk near, notice the two, and investigate.

Clancy strode along casually, enjoying the night air. It was late autumn now, and winter was just around the corner. Yes, winter brought with it certain annoyances like people wearing scarves and bundled up in multiple layers, but it also meant longer nights to try to accomplish more things or just be.

The sounds of a struggle reached his sharp ears, and he turned, perking up a little. It sounded as though someone was in a bit of a predicament. How wonderful! In no time at all, he closed the distance and found the source of the noises behind the library. Some ruffian was hauling away a girl.

"Excuse me, but I am looking for directions," he said politely as he stepped out in front of them. "Could you help me?"

((I'm getting so giddy about this and it's only my third reply XD Sorry about it being short.))

The thug glared at him "No, now piss off." He growled as Allison continued to try and get out of his grasp. She managed to get his hand off of her mouth just long enough to say "Help me!" before he covered it again. He then started to drag Allison away, trying to avoid the red-haired individual like the plague.

((I'm glad you are enjoying yourself! Don't worry about the length, whatever fits and works for the RP is fine with me, from page long posts to only a couple of sentences.))

Clancy stepped smartly in front of the man and gave him a look of pure innocence punctuated by a little smile. "I say, it appears that woman does not wish to be with you, sir. I think it would be most beneficial if you were to let her go," he said, the epitome of politeness. He held out a hand that was white and delicate, not at all like the rough, working hands of the fellow holding the girl.

The wind ruffled his red hair, making it dance like a spray of red water under his hat. He didn't seem at all bothered by the chill, and his smile never wavered, yet there was something immovable about this thin fellow standing directly in the man's path.

"Why don't you make me?" The man grunted as he tightened his grip, although he wasn't in much of a position to threaten someone when he's holding another person captive. Allison squeaked in pain when he strengthened his hold and increased her effort, now tearing up.

"Alright," Clancy said with a casual shrug. He stepped forward and caught the man's arm that was holding the girl's face with one hand. He looked in the man's eyes as he twisted. Bones snapped as he bent the man's arm in a position no arm was ever meant to go. He did it with one hand, no effort at all, his eyes calmly gazing into the eyes of the doomed man. Clancy smiled again, and this time there was no innocence or jovialness. Only cold death.
"Let go," the vampire whispered.

The man screamed and let go of Allison immediately, who froze on the spot, terrified. He then ran away, holding his now broken arm. Meanwhile, Allison started to back away from her savior. "Please... Don't hurt me..." She muttered, fearing for her life. However, once she realized that he wouldn't hurt her, she stopped and whispered, "... Th-thank you..."

Clancy frowned as the man managed to somehow get free of his grip and run away. Such a nuisance. He had been looking forward to eating him. Maybe he would track the man down... or perhaps find some other drunken lout society would not miss, and therefore would not be bothered if he died. He glanced at the girl. "You really should be more aware of your surroundings," he commented casually. "Next time, I doubt you will be so lucky." He turned and started to walk away. He was still peckish.

Allison slightly nodded, then, feeling she needed to repay the person who had just saved her, followed him and tapped him on the shoulder "Is there anything I can do to repay you?" She asked, subconsciously rubbing her arm. There's no way she could fully repay him for saving their life, but she could try.

He resisted the urge to break the finger that tapped him. Oh, how he hated being touched! Especially without consent. "Hmm, I seriously doubt it unless you wish to part with one to two pints of your blood," Clancy replied.

Allison froze, not expecting the answer he had given. However, wanting to pay him back, she ignored the oddness of the request and accepted "I'm okay with that..."

That gave Clancy pause, and he turned to look at her, a brow raised elegantly. "That is not the reply I was expecting. How is it you are so willing to agree to it so readily?" Suspicion niggled at him, warning him that this might be a trap. Hardly anyone believed in his kind anymore, not really, but there were still always those few.

"I just want to pay you back, and though I understand there's no full way to repay someone for saving my life, that kind of deed warrants strange actions. At least, that's how I perceive it." She answered, taking all of her courage to not run away.

"Hmm." Clancy studied her closely. "I suppose you have a point there. Very well, where do you live? Or where are you staying? It would be best if we went somewhere a little more private than the side of the road." He smiled faintly, amused by the idea.

"I was actually heading home before that man tried to kidnap me, so..." Allison trailed off, turned around, and started going in the direction of her house. She then signaled for him to come with her, hoping he trusted her.

Clancy adjusted his hat and followed the girl. While he was still suspicious, he smiled lazily and strode along as if nothing was wrong. After all, it was nothing but a reasonably attractive young lady inviting a handsome man home with her. That sort of thing happened all the time, did it not? At least, media would have you believe it happened all the time. Still, going home with her was far safer than her coming to his house. That would not be happening unless she was not leaving alive. So he walked along quietly, on high alert as he memorized the way.

After a while of walking, the two made it to Allison's rather small house. She went up to the door, unlocked and opened it, and said "Well, this is my house. Are you going to take my blood out here, or should we go inside?"

"Inside would be quieter and more sanitary than out here on the lawn," Clancy pointed out calmly, following her up onto the porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back