Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Veshrac Rainforest

as written by Script

"At least this forest isn't trying to kill us," Ciela retorted with a small smirk. She wiped her brow of sweat with a sigh, casting her eyes around. "Mind you, I could do without the humidity. I'd gladly suffer a few murderous beasts for a more reasonable climate."

Living in an icy mountain range for the better part of two centuries left one slow to adjust to hotter climates. Even after several years on Valore, Ciela remained more at home in the icy peaks surrounding Nasazura's Rest than the warmer climes of further south.

Nimbly stepping through the undergrowth and hopping into a fallen log for a vantage point, she paused. "I would have expected to see some sign of regular hunting by now, or at least some indication that we're on the right track. We should be close."

as written by Tiko

"Come on, let's-"

The snapping of branches and the heavy crash of a body left a rain of leaves and twigs falling upon the pair as a massive feline barreled towards Ruan. The lithe elf twisted with finely honed reflexes, but an expression of surprise was etched onto his face as he dove clear of the burly animal.

As he came to his feet, bits of twigs and bark were sticking out from his hair and his bow was in hand already drawn as he moved to release-

"Achak?"

The tension of the string eased slightly as the animal let out a jovial snort and padded towards him to headbutt him before moving past to knock against Ciela's legs with a murring growf.

"Well that was.. bracing. Where's Tapu?" he asked, as if the cat would somehow understand him.

"Yaaaahoooooo!" came the bellowing answer as Tapu descended towards the pair via recklessly swinging and springing his way from vines to branches until he hit the ground in a crouch with a loud oomph. There was a goofy grin plastered all over his face.

as written by Script

Ciela's swords had practically leaped into her hands, the beginnings of magic starting to envelop their blades before she recognised Achak. Letting out a sigh of relief, she lowered the weapons, sheathing them and reaching down to pet the big cat lightly. "You certainly know how to make an entrance, cat," she remarked dryly, shaking her head and letting out a relieved sigh. They hadn't been expecting trouble out here, but old habits died hard. Wildlife in Aelora was as potent a danger as any enemy ambush.

When Tapu swung in, Ciela folded her arms, giving him a disapproving look that was only slightly spoiled by the half-smirk threatening to overtake it. She glanced back at Achak for a moment. "I suppose I shouldn't expect any different, when you've got examples like that to follow."

Finally letting the smile through completely, she moved to greet their old friend. "It's good to see you, Tapu."

"Hey now, what's that supposed to mean!" Tapu replied with mock pain as he clutched his chest. "You came all this way just to wound me so?"

"Come on Achak. I see how it is..."

He grinned a goofy grin as he and Achak started off on their way through the forest. The beefy, over-sized Mira was something of a peculiarity as he started humming a jovial tune along the way - seemingly without a care in the world.

---​

Ruan upon recognizing Achack and having concluded the situation was not one of dire danger had lowered his bow. With Tapu walking away though he exchanged a questioning look with Ciela before nodding his head after Tapu as if inquiring if they should simply go after him.

Last edited:
Back