Ame Damnee The Warden's Keep

Wolf and Calm listened to the man speech and while impressive, it failed to deliver in their eyes. The two have lived in Oblitus for centuries, they knew its horrors and the monstrosities it can spawn.

"Impressive turn out isn't it." Commented Calm "Dozens of people, willing to go out into the unknown without any objective or goal in sight, at least not one outside of payment."

"You have to admire their bravery. It reminds me of the Rolmans who are brave enough to fight for their kin and city. " Replied Wolf. He looked around the crowd and saw men and women, both old and young, all ready to march out into Oblitus and he can't help but a tinge of sadness at the thought that many of these brave individuals will most likely die in Oblitus. Calm elbows him to bring him out of his stare.

"Something wrong with you? You look like you've seen a ghost." She asks

"...I'm going to go around looking for promising characters. See that you stay out of trouble." He answered and walked into the crowd, leaving Calm all by her lonesome. Calm knew that something must be wrong. Wolf's honor prevented him from lying, but not from avoiding the question. Still she decided to leave it well alone until the two can talk it out in private.

Rythe, Warden's Keep Plaza

Rythe glanced around the plaza, noting the volunteers and counting them while noting their individual abilities, essentially appraising them. Upon finishing his analysis, he stood, gathering their attention before speaking.

"Since we're in a rush to begin the pursuit, we plan to begin immediately. There will be two independent groups of men led by myself and Raakshdos in order to maximize speed. We're going to require at least one appointed tracker to find the trail as well as a small supply train organized. We're going to be on horseback for as long as possible while swapping out when the horses get exhausted." He motioned towards the main gate of the city and the stables before continuing, "We leave at sunrise. Hopefully, there won't be many encounters or anything to slow us."

Settling back into his chair, he announced, "Choose which company you'll be a part of before sunrise! The remainder will be filled with Warden volunteers. The best of luck to you all, may we come back as heroes to be celebrated in our victory!"

Ratchel
the Wardens keep

The room felt a little heavier when Brutus brought up her child and pretty much said that Ratchel abandoned Micheal and what's worse. She felt there was a truth to his words. However This! This! ANIMAL! Had no right to bring up her son in such a way, even if what she said to Rhiannon was out of line! Brutus just crossed a line! Just as Ratchel was about to retort with a punch that would split a tree in half Imogen's voice chimed in, stopping a potential fight. Going on about how this was just a misunderstanding and that we shouldn't fight.

Imogen's words stopped Ratchel from making a scene. But that doesn't mean she was going to forgive Brutus for what he said. How low can someone be to bring up a child out of nowhere and use it against their own parent!?! Though she did own Rhiannon an apology. With a look of honest sincerity, she faced Rhiannon "Rhiannon..... I'm so sorry about what I said...I didn’t…. Theirs's no excuse for it. I'm sorry... I'll leave you be." As she began walking her head turned to Brutus, eyes flashing gold for a split second her voice was low and filled with an icy contempt for the Lycan. "Don't ever bring my child up again." Ratchel walked away from the two.

Last edited:
Rene'ilyah
Outside Warden's Keep, Avalon District

Renee stood at outside the keep, staring into the crowd going in. She held herself, still quite uneasy but feeling better that she had changed into fresh clothes and washed all the blood off. She stared at the ground, contemplating. What the hell was she doing just standing here? She wanted to go but... would she really be of any help to these people, with the state she is right now? Everytime she closed he eyes she could see the look of her father's face at that point of his death, that small moment before he was exploded into merely clumps of blood and flesh. All she wanted to do was a peaceful life, and to live it while making her art. And yet... chaos has been ensuing. It was no time to dwell on these things, she had to protect her city. But what is she doing this for? In his father's memory? Irony. she thought to herself. I only turned more wardenlike when Father died. For years she had resisted. Now that she thinks about it, was all truly worth it?

These questions passed through her head, until she came into a final conclusion. At the moment, her personal turmoil didn't really matter. Standing proud as the girl her father raised, she walked inside the keep. For now, helping to find the stone was of utmost priority.

***​

Cazimir Heskel
Warden's Keep Plaza, Avalon District

Cazimir got through the crowd without any problems, just in time to hear Rythe's anouncement about the two independent groups. Considering the amount of people present in the plaza at that moment, it is indeed smart to separate the big crowd. If he'll be honest he didn't really care about the stone, but the idea of the adventure got his spirits up, like a little kid the night before a field trip. He hasn't been that deep into Oblitus for a while, especially with his duties in the Underworld as the master of loot, but he knew the place like the back of his hand. At one point he had indeed called it his home. Maybe it still was.

Cazimir weaved through the crowd to get to the front, smiling hugely as he approached the Ethereal Rythe, but he wasn't able to get much nearer when he suddenly halted, his smile fading as he glanced behind him. The crowd was minding their own business, just doing their thing, but he couldn't help but suddenly feel uncomfortable. It was like someone put an ice cube on the nape of his neck. Someone was... following him. Who? he thought to himself as his hand held his sword out of habit, the familiar feeling of the hilt giving him an eerie sense of calmness. At that point, had he found out who it was that followed him with such malicious intent, there was no doubt that he would have made himself another ice statue.

But there's nobody there.

Am I just being paranoid?
he wondered. Perhaps. He scanned the place one last time, before deciding that it was probably better not to dwell on it. He was about to turn around and continue on to approach Rythe when their eyes met. A girl, staring awestruck at him. Cazimir was used to getting this gaze often, but for some reason he felt his heart skip a little. What the hell? he thought to himself. There was something about that girl with her petite frame and blue eyes, something... different. In the strangest of ways he felt drawn to her. That was strange though, because as far as he was concerned, innocent and frail looking women had never been his type. Regardless, she was a young maiden entranced by his charm, and it would be a waste not to accommodate her. A knowing smile passing through his lips, he held her gaze for a second, two... and then he winked, giving her a mock salute. If he was lucky, they'll be in the same group. He certainly hoped so.

Salazaar, Warden’s Keep Plaza, Avalon District

“…two independent groups of men led by…” It was about this point when Salazaar had lost all interest in what the angel had to say.

Instead he focused his attention on the silver-haired faery, who had apparently sensed his presence.

Interesting, Salazaar thought. He must be better trained than I assumed. Or is it just what they call ‘intuition’?

Salazaar took a few slow steps in the direction of the half-incubus.

Should I show myself right now? He thought lazily, closing the distance indolently. His legendary patience was with him, and it told him to observe boy a little longer. After all, in the middle of the City of Aditi many interesting things could happen in such a short time. He didn’t mind waiting for a better time – a decade, or a year, or… a second?

Silver-haired boy froze for a moment, looking at some point in the distance. Salazaar followed his eyes and saw…

Another faery? Warlock smiled widely. Lucifer may take me if this city isn’t more interesting than when I was here the last time.

Salazaar watched as half-faery saluted the definitely younger seelie and a voice sounded in his head:

‘the child will kill everyone he will ever love’

The curse on little Cazimir, cause that was silver-haired name. For Salazaar the time froze for a moment, when he looked at the face of half-incubus, as many emotions flashed in his eyes. The spark of interest, the spark of excitement, the spark of attraction. All of them so easy to turn into love, if helped only a little bit.

Salazaar giggled. And then laughed out loud, trying to keep this as quiet as possible, keeping his hands on mouth, completely ignoring the looks that people surrounding him gave to the faery warlock.

When unseelie has finally calmed down a little, he looked between the pair, with the eyes filled with some strange, unnatural hunger.

Let’s have fun then! He nearly shouted this thought out loud and started to go in the direction of Cazimir.

Raakshdos, played by Meliodas

The Warden's Keep
A draft carried its way into the room as the doors swung open, a burst of air following as Raakshdos stepped inside, eyes wandering as he stood there in his normal menacing fashion. He towered over everyone in the chamber and used that to his advantage as he spoke from a position of authority. “So, this is the swine that heeds New Eden’s call? Pathetic. All of you will be fighting not just for the heart of this grand city, but your lives. What kind of legacy will each of you leave behind? What mark will you etch into this city’s future? Are you ready to bleed for your nation?” His sentiments were dark, foreshadowing a desolate future unless this mission succeeded.

“If you believe yourselves strong enough to answer the call, meet me at the city gates in one hour. But keep one thing in mind. Failure means life as you know it coming to an end. Aditi’s Plume could surely cement our salvation... and in the wrong hands, our destruction.” Gripping Ryuna’s hand rather tightly, the shadows caressed the pair before they were consumed by it - disappearing. At the same time, blue flames rose near the doors, blocking everyone’s path forward as Raakshdos's voice could be heard echoing throughout the hall.

“Would you ride through the gates of hell itself to answer your city’s pleas?” The fire itself radiated immeasurable heat, yet if it were to touch the skin, it was harmless. It was no simple illusion, however, but a powerful form of magic that spared the innocent and condemned the guilty. “Are you worthy…?”

Meanwhile, the sun rose up over the horizon... and a new day had begun.

Rhiannon - Warden’s Keep

The vampire’s body tightened more when Brutus rushed to her saving. His comment about the child left her colder than she had realized as she twisted about and slapped the male with much more force that she would have expected, “Duty is a thing that courses through us all. The need to provide a place for the young to grow is more important than being there as they grow. After all what is the use of being beside them if it means there isn’t a place for their children in this world?”

Trying to be more gentle she reached out to cup the spot she slapped harshly, “That is why we fight now as well. We want a future don’t we? Without the sacrifices we make today there will be nothing to return to and no reason to return to the ashes that will remain.”

Her eyes danced away from her dear lover over to Ratchel, “Good day, madam,” She says softly, “I wish you safety to return home to watch the world that your young creates for himself,” It was her way of saying she accepted the apology as well as the blame for Brutus’ behavior.

The cool wind that whipped in from the doorway drew her attention. The Blue-eyed Devil and his fox stood there. The fox’s blush made her wonder if things were serious between them. Smiling slightly she listened to the man’s words as he addressed the room. His words were sharp and left her more than slightly impressed with him. Tilting her head as the flames appeared after the pair vanished left her unsure what to think. Her body reacted without much thought as she stepped forward and towards the flames, “There is nothing but hope left for us.” She whispered the words her mother had last spoken to her as she stepped into the flames.

They licked over her not burning only making her realize she wasn’t evil simply because she hungered for the blood of the living. She was someone that loved the living as much as any angel might. Once on the other side she turned to stare at the flame coated doorway she had just stepped through, “Onward to Valhalla.”

Brutus Magnolia - Warden's Keep

Imogen's words gave him pause, Ratchel's words had him realize his error, and Rhiannon's slap was what broke him. He stood there stunned and furious with himself. His emotions had once again led him to make an ass out of himself, embarrassed the woman he loved, and cast an eye of distrust upon his kind. Tears formed in his eyes as he internally berated himself, he had to be better than this, he needed to control himself, stop leaping to the defense of others without considering the consequences of his actions. He needed to be more than his base instincts.

He had missed most of the speech that the blue eyed devil gave, too lost in his own thoughts, but he snapped to attention as the way out of the keep became immersed in flames, and the grandmaster's words echoed in his mind. Are you worthy? He wasn't sure if he was.

His heart stopped as he felt Rhiannon slip away from him and stride towards the exit. He reached his hand out but it was too late, she had disappeared into the flames, ready to die fighting for their future. His sorrow turned to determination, as he eyed the flames with a fury he had never felt before. He was fighting for more than just himself, he was fighting for the vampire he had come to care for so deeply, he was fighting for all of the people who were standing here with him today, he was fighting for the future of this world, so that the next generation wont know the same suffering he had known.

He knelt and put a hand on his new faery friend's shoulder, giving her a sad smile, as if he wasn't sure if he'd see her again if he went through. "Be careful going through there, small fry." Standing, he shifted to his hybrid form. If he was to be judged, it would be his true form. As his courage gathered, he let out a resounding howl, and strode forward taking each step with confidence. As he stepped through the flames, he felt not the burning of hellfire, but the warm embrace of acceptance.

Stepping through to the other side of the flames, he saw his love, looking back at him. His heart breathed a sigh of relief before he collapsed to his knees. Reverting back to his human form, he resisted the urge to lose his lunch right there on the cobblestone. He took deep breaths to calm himself, processing the fact that he was still alive. As his breaths became even, he pushed his hands off the floor, sitting on his knees, an exhausted smile spread on his face. He was alive, he was chosen, he was accepted.

Imogen
The Warden's Keep

The young girl followed Cazimir's figure with her eyes as he weaved through the crowds until he turned to face her direction. Thump, thump, thump. Her heart began to race as the man was now staring right at her, holding her gaze for what felt like an eternity but couldn't have been more than a couple of seconds. A smile, a wink. Thump, thump, thump. The girl's heart was beating so heavily that it was a miracle it wasn't making an audible sound to the outside world. Her cheeks felt hot; she was blushing and even so could not pry her eyes from him. Why do I feel so drawn to him? Should I... should I go say hello? No! I can't. No way! Imogen thought to herself.

The girl was so deeply caught up in her thoughts about the striking man before her that she hardly noticed Raakshdos and Ryuna appear. His speech caught her attention, its eery tone sent shivers down her spine and made the hair on the back of her neck stand on edge. The man and the woman disappeared in a blanket of shadows and as quickly as they vanished, a hot blue fire appeared at the doorway. Imogen stared shockingly as the flames danced inside the doorway, blocking everyone's path inside. It wasn't long before the vampire broke out of the crowd and headed toward the flame without thinking twice. The young girl admired Rhiannon's strength and questioned what she, a young faery, was even doing there. In a group of such admirable people, was it right for her to be there? What could she really do? Imogen contemplated the answers in her head.

What mark will I leave? Am I ready to sacrifice myself for a city I barely even know? It's not about that, though... It's about helping a city in need. A people in need. But can I really do this? I can't fight... I can barely use a knife... What can I do? I would get in the way if I actually went with them... Who will protect them? I might not be able to fight like the rest of them but I can at least protect them. I can help them find what they're looking for, probably better than any of them here. That's right, I can see things they can't. I came here because I saw that they needed help, I saw it. I didn't come here just to run and hide so quickly, I must help these people. I can help these people. I know it. I won't let anyone down again, I won't let anyone die on this journey. That is my job!

Imogen flashed a quick glance to Cazimir, hoping that she would see his face again. She smiled at the man softly, determination now sprouting in her eyes. She turned her gaze back to the flames; Brutus had now morphed and made his way into the hellfire, before leaving her cautioned her a word of safety. Imogen swallowed her fear and slowly walked toward the burning doors, "Give me strength. I can do this." as the words escaped her lips, a golden sphere took form around the girl and she pressed forward toward the fire. It appeared as though the flames were parting for Imogen as she walked through them; the golden sphere absorbing its fury. She made her way slowly through and as she emerged on the other side, she smiled tenderly seeing Rhiannon and Brutus. "You made it, Rhiannon, big fry... I'm happy."

Imogen stood there for a moment, forgetting to drop her force field, and let out a sigh of relief. I guess it's settled then, I am good enough to do this. The young girl smiled as the golden glow protecting her dissolved into the breeze.

Last edited:
Ratchel
the Wardens keep

Still steaming over Brutus's comment. Heartbroken even, because she possibly better than anyone in this room knows what it's like to be abandoned or to be left alone. The former warden known as Benjamin had taken her when she was nothing but a helpless little girl lost in the harsh lands of Oblitus her blood parents either being killed by some wildlife or by a group of bandits. Though somehow she felt that she wasn't wanted by her blood parents, as far as Ratchel is concerned Benjamin was her real father, a man who cared for her when she was sick with chicken pox and made her laugh when her cat coco ran away by telling a really bad joke about cat food..... The same man that left her alone when he was killed in battle.

Maybe the real reason she became a Warden was to feel like she was closer to him even in death. She was never pressured or manipulated into joining like some other 'parents' and she uses that word very lightly. Being a warden isn't easy and she can understand why some wish to not join, though she personally enjoys it the idea of protecting others, setting a good example, the thrill of battle was sometimes intoxicating and you get to meet so many wonderful people. Ok some are giant jerk offs but most of the Wardens are good people... It was after all how she meet Jacob the first actual love of her life, he was just so different, while everyone took things seriously all the time he somehow found time to make others laugh when walking through a dark forest BAM he would tell a hit or miss joke, when in training he would always enjoy making fun of his own faults in a comedic way, one time when they were dating and the mood was set for a kiss he completely somehow missed Ratchel's lips and kissed the tree she was leaning on only to say 'Sorry you had to find out this way ratch, I'm hard for wood.' Ratchel visibly chuckled she missed when he made her laugh... When they were together... When they held Micheal in both their arms

Ratchel had to hold back tears, she hated it when people saw her emotional especially right now. As the Grandwarden and Ryuna appeared, his speech was as sharp as any blade and almost as suddenly as he appeared he vanished into that strange darkness again. It wasn't long after his speech Ratchel saw Rhiannon run head first into the blue inferno with no sign of fear, next was the emotional hunter who turned out to Ratchel's surprise was the Lycan she saw pin the Possessed former Grandmaster also running headlong into the flames, Ratchel visibly cringed a little more than jealous of Rhiannon and Brutus for their relationship they were a team bonded together to tight not even the flames of hell could keep them apart.

she almost didn't notice the tiny Faery Imogen go up next. Surrounded by such brave and willing souls that would give everything for this city, she could relate. Even if she was emotionally hurt, even if she wanted nothing more than to go home and spend time with her son, even though she knows how bad it can hurt being left alone by someone you love and who loves you. She knew if they didn't get back Aditi's plume all of the things she cared for will be for nothing, Ratchel started walking towards the flames with a determined look on her face her eyes flashing gold as rainbow wings extended to their maximum distance, she braved past the fires. Her thoughts not about how will she survive the gates of hell opening, but how the gates of hell would survive her, as she walked out seeing the small group Determination was burning on her face and eyes.

Last edited:
Cazimir Heskel

The girl blushed. She looked like she was at a loss. It was cute. That settles it: she'll be his source of entertainment for this expedition. At that thought, he felt quite energized, excited. He had not felt this way for a conquest in a while. Should he be worried?

As Raakshdos disappeared, Cazimir raised an eyebrow at the big wall of flames. Thinking, contemplating. At the back of the room he caught sight of Renee, walking with the confidence rivaling an Ethereal, her scarlet eyes set in determination. Looks like she got her resolve back. Renee has always been a tough woman, he doubted anything can take her down. Curiously, she watched her walk towards the flames, not even hesitating for a second. Either she didn't care if she died, or she's just that confident in her worth. It was refreshing to see her this way after her depressed episode, the way she always is. Caz was pleased. She walked through the flames like it was nothing, looking back and giving everyone at the other side a taunting smile. As if she was calling everyone else who was hesitating a coward with just her eyes. That attitude. It always entertains him. She scanned the place, and their eyes met. She gave him a look that said: "What are you waiting for?"

Indeed. What is he waiting for? He walked towards the flames with the same confidence she did, although he was, in a way, very sure that he'll burn to a crisp. Maybe it was better that way, to kill him out of his misery: this bland, empty existence. One thing was on his mind at that moment: If he dies, he dies. There's no way around it. He had done a lot of horrible, horrible things. Some out of his curse, some out of sheer selfishness. Am I worthy? He wondered as he continued on, closing his eyes, leaving things to fate.

The fire was warm. It reminded him of his mother's embrace, so long ago. It reminded him of her warm smile and her loving gaze... her sweet voice, her gentle features, her comforting love...

... and the horror in her eyes as he killed her.

Just as he was about to step out of the flames, it burned, a little too hot. Cazimir opened his eyes, not alarmed, as he continued further. When he got out of the flames, his clothes were a little burnt in places, and he smelled like smoke, but he grinned, widely. "Well, that was... interesting." he said as he brushed the few ashes off his shirt.

Having been assigned their groups, Wolf and Calm made their way though the gates. Blue flames coated the gates, allowing passage out of the city. Wolf was the first to go through, thinking that he and Calm were safe from the flames. But as he walked through, he felt as if his very soul was being pulled from his armor. For the first time in centuries he felt a cold chill crawl up his flesh. He tried to remove his helmet to better breathe, but soon remembered that he no longer needed to breath. Calm curiously looked at her companion's attempt to remove his helmet.

"Are you ok there Wolf? Is your helmet not on properly?" She asks. Wolf didn't answer. He ust readjusts his helmet before continuing with the group. Calm shrugged, and walked through the flames. Like Wolf she felt pain for the first time in centuries, but while he felt a frightening chill, she felt as if her entire body was on fire. For a moment, she could feel her flesh and it was roasting in her armor as smoke from her burning skin choked her lungs. When the experience was over, she found her hands around her neck, and Wolf looking at her. The two looked at each other and both knew that whatever they had walked through had holy properties. Still, without another word they picked themselves up and carried on.

Rhiannon - Warden’s Keep

Upon seeing Brutus exit the flames she barely waited for him to gain his composure before she flung herself at him wrapping her arms about his neck. Her knees landed on top of his thighs as her lips found his in an instant, “I’m sorry if I hurt you,” She whispered against his lips gently right before she became aware of the fairy that stared at them now and had called her lover --friend, she quickly corrected her thoughts-- by some ridculous nickname.

The vampire blinked a little then got up quickly off the male. Oh boy, where was her mind today? Straightening her dress she glanced about for the leader, Rythe, wherever that male might be. She gave a soft sigh as she took in the city around her. This would likely be the last time she saw it like this. Who knew the changes that would happen when they left.

As Brutus found the strength to stand, he was immediately greeted with the pleasant sensation of Rhiannon's lips upon his. After hearing her apology, he merely kissed her again. "It's alright, love. I need a slap like that every once in a while to see I've stepped out of line." He released her and looked over to Imogen, giving her the biggest damn smile he'd ever had, genuinely touched by her calling him big fry.

The single mother stepped through next, and upon seeing the same determination in her eyes Brutus knew what he needed to do. He walked up to her, regret and guilt on his face. "Warden, I owe you an apology. What I said to you was wrong. I was stressed, angry and overprotective, and I wound up saying something heartless. You're an amazing mother for having chosen this path. You don't have to accept my apology now... or even ever, but I wanted you to know how I really felt. Your son is a lucky kid to have a mom like you." He stuck out his hand for a handshake. "Now lets go find that plume, eh?"

Ratchel
the Wardens keep

regarded the hand "It's not going to be that easy. What you said was very heartless and really stupid! I'm not going to forgive this easy."despite her harsh words she sighed and then grabbed his hand to shake it "But right now we are warriors in arms and if fate deems it, I will defend your very life to the bitter end. Also, it's Ratchel. Ratchel Glassfeld."She said the last part a more friendlier tone. It didn't take long for others to walk through the flames. Renee emerged her face bursting with pride and seemed almost taunting, Ratchel smirked at the look. Oh, I think were going to get along just fine. Then came the rather attractive loud mouth who didn't seem to have the same amount of loyalty to his city as the rest did, yet still, he made it out alive so she figured he had noble goals. Then came the two of the strangest things Ratchel had seen, two suits of armor walking out of the blue flames.... And they were empty if the sounds they made when they walked could tell Ratchel anything. her surprise wasn't noticeable as she said more to herself "Well I'll be damned." she then chuckled. A single mother, a seamstress vampire, a Lycan with emotional issues, a playboy, A small Faery, A princess, and two suits of armor are going to reclaim one of the most powerful artifact in the world. Sounds like fate has a sense of humor.

Last edited:
Imogen
The Warden's Keep

Imogen walked away from the doorway slowly as more people began to emerge from its hellfire. A warm feeling filled her belly as she watched the tearful reunion between Rhiannon and Brutus and again as Brutus turned to her and smiled a smile she didn't think could become any bigger than what it was. She turned to watch the others walk through the doorway; following her was Ratchel, wings fully spread. She truly looked magnificent. Behind Ratchel was Renee, a woman that Imogen had not yet spoken to but the woman looked determined as she appeared from the flames. The third to appear was Cazimir, a gentle smile appeared on Imogen's face and her heart skipped a beat again. Her feelings startled her somewhat, she hadn't even spoken to the man but knowing that he was alright warmed her heart. Imogen passed the feeling off as the same feeling she felt when anyone appeared from the flames unharmed, even though she knew there was more to it than that. The last to appear were Calm and Wolf, another duo she had yet to talk to. There were still two people missing, and this worried the young girl.

Imogen's worry was cut off by Brutus approaching Ratchel and apologizing to the woman. I wonder if I helped him choose that path? Or.. was it. her eyes moved to Rhiannon and Imogen quickly realized she hadn't even spoken to the her yet. The girl had a strange feeling that the vampire wasn't too fond of her but she fought the urge to read her thoughts and instead approached Rhiannon. "Heyo! I'm sorry about before... I butted into your talk with Brutus and Ratchel without even telling you my name. It's Imogen by the way, it's really great to meet you Rhiannon! I hope we get to travel together." Imogen, cheerful as always, spread her infectious personality through the oddly paired group.

Reactions: Rue
Rythe, Warden's Keep Plaza

Rythe stared into the wall of flames, crackling and seemingly leading to hell itself. Having watched the volunteers pass through, his doubts in them seemed to be swept away from him in a breeze of relief. It wasn't that he distrusted everyone... but he had learnt to always be cautious about trust. Rising from his chair, he walked towards the flames, resolute in his purpose before coming to a halt in front of the blazing gates. He felt the peering eyes on him as everyone had when they passed through, yet it was not the same, a certain weight placed itself upon his shoulders as his thoughts drifted to his responsibilities and recently discovered... oddity in his wings. Their color and form had always been rare compared to most other angels, having only seen at most two with similar wing styles in his centuries on Terrestria.

Releasing his seal on the wings, pulsating white tendrils of seemingly pure energy began to emerge between his armor plating. Slowly, they began to resemble angel wings as they flowed out.
Similar in style, but no metal plates at the origin of the wings, like in the picture.
dw0gjjv88mjs.jpg
Amongst the white strands, a single orange deviation stood out amongst the otherwise pure others. Continuing into the inferno, he emerged out the other end with the abnormality charred black. The dark residue slowly disintegrated as the dust was carried away by the wind.

Obviously disinterested in any chatter about his wings, he announced, "Any volunteers on my squad will meet at the Main Gate, Left side. There, we'll have horses to mount up. We depart as soon as possible. I've already sent word to have advance scouts with 3 horses per person to post horses throughout Oblitus, in the general direction we will be heading. If we encounter a replacement horse, the most exhausted mount is to be left in the wild. They've served their duty. Any questions? If not, I look forward to working with you all."

Last edited:
Rene'ilyah

Renee settled with her back on a wall as she watched all the other people pass through. She was watching them one at a time, watching their faces, and couldn't help but smile as Cazimir walked through after her. It burned him a little, unsurprisingly... That little devil. She knew the guy must have had a fishy background. She watched the others on the other side hesitate, most probably thinking they could get into the expedition easily and get some fame. As if! She was glad the grandmaster created these flames. To reap bad fruit and not spoil the lot.

As she watched more and more people give up and decide not to pass through the flames in fear of being unworthy, she saw a familiar figure. It was that warden. The one with the little kid. Her name is Ratchel, isn't it? Now that she thinks about it, she had never checked up on how they fared in the battle. And not seeing the little kid around made her feel a small nervousness in her gut. What if the kid had been hurt? It would be her fault. She licked her lips, horrified at the possibility. She walked towards the warden, uneasily, carefully. "Ratchel...?" she asked, as she tapped her softly on the shoulder. "Are you... uhm... is your son..." she trailed off, not quite sure on how to phrase the question.

Cazimir Heskel

He got through the flames alright, and now what? He wondered what to do. Go to the Main Gate already? He still had the bag of money he twirling on his fingers absentmindedly, as he glanced at Renee. His first instinct was to go to her, but she was talking to some warden now. Then he remembered the petite girl, and his smile widened. Looking around the place, he saw her easily. He walked towards her like a panther, confidence oozing in his stance as she got closer and closer. Something was thumping. What was that, his heart? "Crazy..." he murmured to himself.

Now, usually, there are different ways to approach different women. There are the cunning types who mostly appreciates sensual caresses and blatant flirting. The snobbish types like Renee who appreciates wittiness and a feeling of being equal to be seduced, and of course, the frail, innocent types... who, in his experience, usually prefers it slow.

"Hey. I don't believe we have been introduced." he said simply as he approached. His golden eyes sparkled with mirth as he regarded her. He took her hand, like a gentleman, and kissed the back of it, letting his lips linger as he looked up at her through his lashes. "I am Cazimir Heskel. I assume you are new in New Eden? To what do I owe the pleasure of meeting a beautiful young woman like yourself?"

Ratchel
the Wardens keep

Releasing her grip on the lycan Ratchel walked over to a window looking out at the majestic city, a wave of calm sweeping over her. Sure she might have been a little harsh in her response to Brutus apology but she felt like she deserved a swing at him even though it would be considered childish. I meant what I said about defending his life. The wind feels so nice... It was then she felt a tap on her shoulder. "hmm?" turning her head she spotted Renee looking a little nervous.

"Are you... uhm... is your son..."

Ratchel realised that the young women was trying to say Micheal was left in her care but for some reason or another his protection shifted to another. Ratchel was a little mad that Renee left her son, though she couldn't blame her too much considering the circumstances and Raaksdos did destroy all the zombies when Ratchel left so he was in no danger, scared she was sure of that but in no danger. Ratchel a warm motherly smile crossed her face. "Yes, he is safe and sound, I really appreciate your concern." Her face seemed to shine in the light.

He took Ratchel's hand in a strong grip, respect for the mother in his eyes, he may not have earned her forgiveness, but this was a start. Turning around he smiled seeing Imogen introducing herself to Rhiannon. Before he could join the fun though, he heard the voice of Rythe booming as he exited the flames. Brutus knew his wolf's hunting instincts would be necessary so he approached the Ethereal. "Excuse me, sir. You need not bring a horse for me, my wolf form will be more than efficient to hunt the trail and keep pace with the horses."

Bowing to Rythe as a thank you for his time, he turned around to see the attention hog from earlier interrupting Imogen and Rhiannon's conversation. He snarled and went over. Tapping on the mans shoulder, Brutus stared daggers into the mans eyes. "I don't mean to be rude friend, but the ladies were in the middle of a conversation. It'd be a lot more gentlemanly for you to wait until they finish." He kept his words void of any cheap shots, he'd put his foot in his mouth too much today. He marched back over to Rhiannon's side, his ice blue eyes never leaving Cazimir, piercing through him.

Back