Ame Damnee The Warden's Keep

Cazimir Heskel
Warden's Keep Plaza, Avalon District

Laughing at the lycan's retort, Cazimir simply shrugged. It was a fair thing to say. "Well then, forgive my rudeness. I was simply eager to get to know this young lady. With our eyes greeting earlier, I couldn't help myself." it was true. For once, he was being honest. He gave the other woman--- a vampire, it seems--- a rather respectful nod, quite unbecoming of his usual attitude, but he simply did not want to get in the lycan's nerves more than he already had. He truly do want to know this girl in front of him. Genuinely... it was a strange feeling. He didn't think it was worth it to risk angering the lycan and not even finding out her name.

Rhiannon - Warden’s Keep

The vampire tilted her head as the fairy addressed her. Her blue eyes took in the being slowly from head to toe. She was small but she knew that to mean little, “Pleasure to meet you,” She started to reach a hand out in greeting when a man cut in as if they hadn’t just been speaking. His action annoyed Rhiannon to some extent but she took a slight breath before turning away from the pair only to have to rub her brows as Brutus once again made himself known as a protector of those he viewed in need of it.

He had a good heart she knew. What caught her by surprise was the two quick beating heart beats so close to her. After a moment more she realize it was the fairy and the human. Lust? She wasn’t sure but they were nervous and clearly drawn to each other. Her gaze softened slightly as she took the wolf by the arm and drew him away staring the short trek to the gate, “Leave them be, dear.”

Her blue gaze danced over her shoulder for a moment. She wished them luck in the current moment. Love was rare and it upon first sight was ever rarer. A gem that was to be treated with respect, “There are things in this world that are still a wonder to me despite how long I have been here to see it.”

Imogen
The Warden's Keep

Imogen was ready to welcome Rhiannon's greeting handshake when suddenly, her hand was scooped up by another. Her attention moved to the man now pressing his lips against the backside of her hand while introducing himself. It was him; the man she had been watching closely since she arrived at the Warden's Keep. Cazimir. Before she could respond to him Brutus appeared, tapping Cazimir on his shoulder and reminding him to mind his manners. Imogen silently thanked Brutus for stepping in as it bought her a bit of time to compose herself to ensure that she would not come off as a blubbering idiot, though she was slightly saddened when Cazimir released her hand as he apologized for his intrusion. She smiled softly hearing Cazimir's remarks about her, a flood of relief lifting off her shoulders knowing that something indeed had happened when they locked eyes. It was only seconds later that Rhiannon took Brutus by the arm and slowly began to walk away. She was alone with the strikingly handsome man now before her for the very first time.

"Cazimir, is that right? I hope I pronounced it right." Imogen replied lightly, nerves were beginning to settle in but she smiled and pressed on. "My name is Imogen and you're right, I am new to New Eden. I haven't been here long but I used to live in Oblitus. I have to apologize, though, for... for staring earlier. I must've lost my manners somewhere." the girl lightly chuckled.

Brutus Magnolia - Warden's Keep

The flirtatious man's apology only seemed to make Brutus more wary of this newcomer, unfortunately he didn't get to say much about it as Rhiannon wrapped her arm around his and began dragging him away. He didn't say anything about it, keeping his eyes locked on the two apparent lovebirds as they made conversation. It was clear Imogen was smitten, but it doesn't seem like she's met any boys like him before, for being 163, it seems like she still had a teenagers approach to love as well.

He turned his head to look at his beloved when she mentioned wonders in the world. "Like how I constantly find new ways to put my foot in my mouth?" He chuckled. Self deprecating humor was one of the ways he drilled lessons into his head, and seeing how he'd lost his composure three times in less than 24 hours he needed the reminders now more than ever. "I just don't want her to get her heart broken. She's such a sweet girl, eyes full of innocence and hope. She's over 100 years older than I am and yet it still feels like she's the little sister I never had." He fell quiet after that, letting the arm of the woman he loved lull him into a sense of contentment as they made their way over to the main gate of New Eden.

Cazimir Heskel

"No need to apologize." he replied. "I was grateful that you did, in fact. And I lost my manners too, apparently." As he watched the other two leave--- the vampire and the lycan, he settled his gaze back to the girl... Imogen. Her name was Imogen. He felt his lips twitch to a smile. "Its a pleasure to meet you. I lived in Oblitus for a little while too, and to think that you were such rough terrains is pretty impressive." he shrugged. "I was wondering--- well, hoping, actually--- that we'll be in the same group for this trip. I... well..." he hesitated. "The others seem to be on the way to the main gate now, shall we go?" He said with a bright smile.

Imogen
Warden's Keep

The young girl smiled, amazed at the man's confidence in his speech toward her. She envied him, being able to speak so openly without feeling nervous or embarrassed; at least she thought he didn't feel that way. It would be easy for her to find out but she resisted every urge to read his mind and instead, returned his smile. "It's a great pleasure to meet you as well! Oblitus wasn't so harsh but I guess it's easier to travel when you know what to expect." Imogen smiled once more, this time her smile brimming with excitement and her cheeks welcoming a rosy glow at his hope for traveling with her. "I would love if you joined me on this trip!" she exclaimed, slightly more excited than she wanted to lead on, "hurry, let's catch up then!" Imogen skipped ahead of him slightly, turned and waved him toward her. "Lets go!"

Rene'ilyah

"Yes, he is safe and sound, I really appreciate your concern."

The statement made Renee feel a lot better. She did feel quite guilty that she had forgotten about the young boy, but with all that has happened, she had lost track of everything else. "That's... a relief. Forgive me for leaving him, I thought he'd be safer behind the line of wardens." she smiled as she placed her hand on her chest. "I assume there is a fair possibility of us being in the same group. If so, I look forward to working with you. I only hope that we'll be able to find the stone... and soon."

Cazimir Heskel

Cazimir smiled as he saw her skip ahead, placing his hands on his pockets. She looked so cheerful and happy. So... innocent. It was kind of refreshing, considering he was almost always around people who laugh and bring popcorn at the face orf murder. It was the first time he was captivated by someone who was so apart from his usual world... and he liked it. As he followed her direction, he couldn't help but wonder if this was a good idea, but he continued on, flirting his curse for a little bit further, trying to convince himself that this is just a small bit of admiration that will kill itself soon enough, and nothing more.

After passing through the flames, the two saw their group heading towards the main gate, the two had already calmed down and pushed the frankly horrifying event past them. They followed the group to the main gate. The small group of volunteers were delegated into two forces. One with an angelic figure and the other, with the old wise man Wolf had met earlier that day. Wolf was rather surprised. He was not expecting to see the man so quickly, but with the wise man there, he would be able to hopefully get one or two answers to the myriad of questions he had. Still now wasn't the time for questions. He needed to wait until they were on the move, and then he will be able to talk to the man with some semblance of privacy.

Calm on the other hand examined the rest of her squad. A type of beastman, an angel and a young woman. A very colorful cast of squad mates, but still they seemed rather capable. If Wolf was really focused on abandoning the squad, as questionable as it was, she needed to get to know the rest of the team in order to better know their strengths and weaknesses, as one cannot survive without proper coordination. Plus it was customary for Rolmans to get to know their squad mates. It's to know who to avenge the day after.

Ratchel
the Wardens keep

Ratchel smiled back, her's was a more carefree smile. "Likewise. I think everyone here would rather stay with their loved ones then go into Oblitus. I hope we " She liked this girl already, had the spunk of an Ethereal and didn't seem to have her head up her ass... Not that the Ethereal did it was just on some guarding assignments Ratchel had come across snooty nobility that almost made her want to risk her elite position and give them a nice punch in the face.

"Maybe we should go now since everyone else seems to be moving on." Ratchel wasn't exactly raring to go but, the faster she could get this over with the faster she could get back to being a mother that doesn't abon-. That one word seemed to be a trigger for her right now.

Salazaar, Warden’s Keep, Avalon District

Salazaar looked as other faeries on the plaza moved through flames. His percipient eyes has seen a younger one using a force field to protect herself against flames.

Oi, you are cheating. Unseelie giggled a little, when he was coming closer to the fire wall. The half-incubus also crossed it, though something strange happened inside, but Salazaar couldn’t really see what, as he approached the blue flames himself. So, how do we do it?

He reached his right hand and put it into the flames, gathering his magic. ‘YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!’ Incredible pain came from his palm, as his skin was being burnt, but it was not enough to break warlock’s concentration. Salazaar’s dark magic flowed into the fire, damaging the structure of the spell, as faery entered the obstacle.

The heat of the flames has almost killed Salazaar as he moved through them. Part of his clothing further from his body were incinerated, and now flames licked his naked skin, causing even more pain. Moving through the wall, even though it was only a few meters wide, felt like hours, and when Salazaar emerged on the other side, he was breathing quickly and felt sweat dripping over his hair. He looked at his right palm, and on the fingers, that had first contact with flames, and now where burnt almost to the bone. His magic was already repairing them, but the view would make anybody of weaker stomach to vomit instantly.

This child-knight… Salazaar torn the rest of his burnt down robes and threw on the ground. He is a little bit more powerful than he seems, huh?

The warlock touched the damaged shirt – it alone was not able to keep his wings hidden, leaving only one option. Salazaar sighed and straighten them, revealing all three pairs, colored with the shades of brown and yellow. He waved his wings few times, to make sure everything was alright with them, and finally looked around.

Two other faeries, together with two people who unseelie couldn’t recognize were already heading to the gate, according to the instructions that the angel called Rythe has given. Not thinking too much, Salazaar half walked, half flew in that direction.

Rene'ilyah

"Yes, loved ones..." she trailed off, seemingly getting uncomfortable again. She doesn't have anyone anymore. "Must be nice..." she whispered. After this mission, she had no idea what to do next. Perhaps she'll travel to Abbadon, like she had previously planned. Perhaps she should stay in New Eden and be a warden to atone for the sin of killing her own blood. No, Renee. He's dead already. That wasn't him. It was just... an animated corpse.

She took a deep breath and squared her shoulders. "You are right. Do you mind me going along with you?" she asked with a small awkward smile. She wasn't used to socializing with people, but this lady seems... friendly. And not just friendly, she was tough. A proper partner in battle, as far as she was concerned, as evidenced by how the two of them, albeit briefly, had fought side by side in the Cathedral. "It must be hard to be a mother and a warden at the same time. The Warden responsibilities... never really give much space to give attention to a child." she knew this firsthand. Growing up, her father has not been around much, except when he was training her. "I commend you for your efforts. Your son seems to be growing into a very fine young boy." she gave Ratchel a smile.

Ratchel
the Wardens keep

Ratchel returned the smile and put a hand on Renee's shoulder. "It has been hard but also rewarding, guess you could say he's my motivation for doing all this. And I would be honored to go with you after all" motioning to the flames still burning as bright as ever, it was a beautiful and powerful sight but also deadly. "We already went through the gates of hell together so let's go deeper and make hell fear our very names." removing her hand from Renee's shoulder and motioning to the direction of the Main gates. Ratchel and Renee went on.

Rythe, Warden's Keep

Rythe watched as the volunteers continued towards the main gate. He entered the barracks of the complex, rousing a waiting group of Wardens before quickly leading them towards the stables. He briefly stopped by his own horse, it was a dark brown, nearly black with a shaggy mane. Signaling the Wardens to mount up, he lifted his saddle onto the horse, strapping it on fairly tightly and attaching the reins before seating himself on the steed. They left the complex, speeding forward down the main streets, 20 horses in total, 15 mounted. Hopefully, they could depart the city as soon as they arrive. The nearly synchronized hooves striking the pavement echoed their location through the vicinity, alerting any passerby to remove themselves from their path.

Vagrinel Generith- Warden's Keep
Vagri stood outside the Warden's Keep to see if some of her father's old friends were still there, which she didn't doubt due to many people in the world having lives of longetivity, like herself. She wondered for a minute if they already knew of her father's passing as she began to go inside the main building of operations, her nerves biting at her for being the bearer of bad news. Though, these were her father's friends and they had the right to know, she fought with herself and the part that was telling her to turn and go back to her little florist shop. Glancing down at her "young" daughter, she thought back to when Vira was only three years old and not how old of whoever was inhabiting Vira's body. Shaking her head, she finally stepped through the doors and looked around.

Jonathan Gold - Entering the Warden's Keep

The dark haired gentleman was soaked from head to toe as he made his way through the streets. As a spy, he was travelling in a manner that was the exact opposite of stealthy, as everyone he passed by seemed to stare at him. At this point he could care less, all he knew was that he needed to get the wardens. He needed to keep the streets safe from the invaders. Entering through the doors, he passed by a woman with a young child. "Excuse me, ma'am. Official royal business. Though if you need directions, I can point you the right way." He said, his clothes leaving a puddle on the floor.

Vagrinel Generith- The Warden's Keep
Vagri eyed the man that walked in a little after she had but chose to pay him no mind beyond the words he spoke, though she couldn't help but be curious about his soaked manner. "I don't need you to point me in the right direction, my father showed me everything here so I know where I am." she said, before walking ahead with a shake of her head. "Offical royal business or no, it's know of my business, I'm just looking for an old friend. Not if you don't mind." she said before continuing on.

Jonathan Gold - Warden's Keep

He watched her walk away, scratching the back of his head in confusion at the woman's outburst. "A simple 'no thank you' would've been fine." He muttered under his breath as he sought out some of the higher ranking officers. With Raakshdos gone and the other Grandmaster dead, there was no one who could officially rally the troops, so he needed to convince a good portion of the high ranks that the city needed to be placed on lockdown. He had a long night in store for himself.

Vagri finally found one of the people she was looking for. A high-ranking official who started out around the same time her father did. "Hello Gregory." she spoke to him as she bowed lightly, prompting her daughter to do the same. "Long time no see." she said as she rose from the bow.

"Ah, no need for that Vagri, you're the daughter of a good friend. Please come." he said as they began walking closer to the entrance. "Now tell me, how is old Thomas? I haven't see him since he ran off to Oblitus when you were a wee little thing." "I wasn't little but my father..." She trailed off, glancing down at the ground. "He isn't on the world anymore."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Vagrinel. Yet, you still carry his warrior blood. He lives on through you." Gregory patted her on the back with a sigh. "He was a good friend and a good fighter, I still miss the days of battle I had with him. He was a good man."

Jonathan Gold - Warden's Keep

His running around the keep had so far been fruitless. Every officer he talked to had pointed him in the direction of another, high ranking officer. It seemed no one actually wanted to make the call regarding something as large as sending aid to the Empyrean palace. Cowards. If their Grandmaster was here he'd save the palace without hesitation. He was fuming, finally he approached the last man he was willing to appeal too, Sir Gregory.

Gregory was with the woman he'd met entering the Keep earlier, he gently knocked on the open door to the room, waiting for them to turn around before making a formal bow. "Sir Gregory? Pardon the interruption. My name is Jonathan Gold, royal spymaster, I have grave news that needs to be discussed and every other man I've talked to has pointed in your direction. May I please have a moment? There's little time to spare." He was out of breath, he'd been running while soaking wet for hours and his mind was exhausted from trying to find someone who would listen to him, if Gregory didn't, then he might not be able to go on tonight.

Gregory looked at Jon and looked back at Vagri before lightly ushering her out. "We'll speak shortly child." He lightly pulled Jon into the room before offering him a towel. "This better be important, Jonathan." He said with a sigh. As Vagri was taken out of the room with Vira, her curious nature moved her to lean closer to the door as she heard the two men converse.

Back