Ame Damnee The Warden's Keep

Kian

Humanity's Stargazer
Within the Central Hub, the Warden's Keep stands. It is a massive complex near the Cathedral of Eden, functioning as the home and operational headquarters of the Wardens. The separate buildings all specialize in their own functions, allowing the Wardens to provide for themselves as long as raw materials and food flow into the independent miniature city. Members, whether they are full wardens or apprentices, walk throughout the base, performing their duties and tending to other needs. Facilities are well maintained and are fairly modest in comparison to the city due to the significantly smaller population it serves. The armory stands as the largest and most well-defended building in the complex, as it houses the powerful armaments of the city's most elite force.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oni leaned against the wall of the building closest to the cathedral. She was watching from there, not really wanting to be at a funeral. It just seemed so pointless to celebrate so much death. But she had decided that she would at least observe the time of mourning by not working on her training. She was trying hard to become a proper warden. She sighed a little and turned her head away, her long red hair falling over her shoulders as she sighed. This seemed to just be dragging on forever. She wondered if it would be all day. Sure it was sad that the man died, but this was war. Every moment that the trainees were not training were more moments that they could be spent preparing to join the fight themselves.

As she was trying to figure out just how long it would be appropriate before she went back to training. But before she could really try and calculate, it suddenly became cold. A fog rolled in and the whole city went black. She blinked in surprise, looking up at the sky to see the glowing ring that was the sun blotted out by the moon. "There is not supposed to be a solar eclipse.." She muttered, looking around in the sudden darkness of the city. She could see that she was not the only one confused, as others who had not gone to the cathedral left houses and places of business to see just what was going on.

Oni had watched it all from where she stood. It was a horror show and for a short time she had been stunned into a frozen state. The undead of New Eden had risen and were walking the streets. But not just walking, they were attacking. The living. She wanted to rush into the city to help, but when the reached the gates of the Warden's Keep, she set to work. She flicked open the lid of one of the jars she kept on her hips. She waved her hand over it and created a whip of the electrified gel. She then set to work ripping the undead apart. She was not sure how everyone else was doing, but since they were still fairly slow and had no real battle tactics, she had no issues stopping their advance.

It was over almost as quickly as it had started. The undead turned to dust, the moon moved away from the sun, and the fog lifted. She blinked in the sudden brightness and looked at the now empty streets before her. She let out a sigh, looking at the whip in her hand. She sneered before she let it go to turn into a black ooze on the ground. She then took off. She had to find out what happened.

[Exit to Residential Zone]

Brutus Magnolia - Entering the Warden's Keep

Brutus and Rhiannon quickly made their way from the Artisans Guild to the Warden's Keep. It was a place Brutus had never been to before as he typically avoided anything having to do with Wardens, but seeing as he'd be applying for Wardenship after this quest, he figured he better get used to it. He spent a while taking in his surroundings, absorbing every inch of the keep. Once he was satisfied he began looking around for some sort of recruiter they could flag down.

@RyunaSiege

Imogen - Entering the Warden's Keep

Imogen took to the skies, flying over top of New Eden as she moved from the Cathedral to the Warden's Keep swiftly. As she approached The Keep she slowed and descended, landing softly on the ground. She immediately noticed two others wandering around the keep and she headed in their direction, forgetting to dissolve her wings before approaching them. "Excuse me!" the young girl called.

Rythe - Entering the Warden's Keep

Arriving at the complex of buildings, Rythe stretched for a moment before taking note of the three already in the Keep. Lightly scratching his hood, he thought to himself, These people must either be completely idiotic, looking for some kind of thrill or full of valor... whichever it is, at least there would actually be someone coming along. Humming to himself, he walked past them and into the storehouse, he reappeared from the doorway, placing a table and relatively small chair in the center of the plaza, fairly close to the three, before taking a seat. Grunting at the size of the chair, he slouched in it, looking somewhat miserable already. Lastly, he drew the standard sign-up sheet for expeditions, quill, and ink vial from his robes, placing them in front of him, upon the table. Sure there were more modern versions of the classic ink & quill, but why fix something that wasn't or ever could be broken?

"Sign-up for the expedition to recover the Plume is open now!" While his hood obscured his face, the three in the plaza could certainly feel a pair of eyes staring out at them. Friendly, aggressive, or simply neutral, no emotion besides the annoyance of the seat could emanate through the hood, from the Ethereal.

Ratchel
entering the Wardens keep.

After dropping her son off at the neighbors, she quickly sprinted to the wardens Keep. Looking as grand and awe-inspiring as ever. Slowing down she finally entered the hall and noticing some familiar faces, some she just met and some she had known for a long time smiling a little at seeing them together and not wanting to be rude she went up to them all. "Nice seeing some familiar faces." Despite running a marathon she didn't feel all too tired.

Last edited:
Raakshdos, played by Meliodas

The Warden's Keep

Outside
Standing in the shadow of the building, out of view, he looked on, leaning up against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. The entire city was in disarray, from the death of Grandmaster Anwil to the theft of Aditi’s Plume. As if that wasn’t bad enough, a fraction of the citizens of New Eden had little trust in him. He would need to change that. Sure, there were some rough edges, but he only had their best interest in mind. Their safety and security were his primal goal.

Raakshdos wondered if Taran was faring well with his responsibilities. His trip to the Empyrean Palace was less than eventful as he informed His Royal Majesty of their blight. Which is exactly what it was, an infectious disease that had spread to the four corners of the city. Sadly, the King wasn’t looking well, which made Raakshdos suspect the man didn’t have much longer if things continued to progress. Which would mean, that Princess Elva and her hound, Taran, The Titan, would have the run of things. Then there was Uriel's apparent treachery to deal with.

At the same time, his thoughts turned to the orphanage, and the whispers of a society underground. Raakshdos most likely knew more than he let on, to be frank. “Ryuna…” He thought to himself, his concerns turning to the poor creature. Regret washed over him as he realized he’d simply left her. “Where are you…?”

@RyunaSiege

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhiannon - Wardens Keep

The vampire tensed slightly as they entered the Wardens keep. She didn’t come to this place normally though this wasn’t her first time there. Glancing about slightly she noticed the seemingly growing number of people and bit her bottom lip gently. Seeing Rythe she tilted her head as he announced the sign up was open.

Dear heavens and hells what was she thinking. It had been around fifty plus years since she had fought her way from her original small village in the heart of Oblitus to New Eden. Taking a slight breath she sighed, “Let’s get this over with quickly…” She sighed. The female would need to feed properly for once and that didn’t sit well with her in the least. It would be easy enough to find a willing human once they were out in Oblitus. Some part of her still didn’t want to do that. It felt like betrayal of Brutus.

The shout from an angel made the vampire frown even more. Every species had their loud and cheerful types. This one must have been the one for angels, “Hello,” She greeted gently before she noticed Ratchel. Some part of her faltered slightly. What would that being think seeing her there?

Ryuna, Wardens Keep

Ryuna wandered around a bit. She was out of it. Her head was fuzzy for now. Where was her master? She finally found herself at the Cathedral again. Ms. Dandy nodded politely as she led the still shellshocked children from the area and back to the orphanage. The kitsune noted she would need to go check on the little ones at some point.

Finding her master was not there she left to search more. Somehow she had found herself completely distracted as she found herself pulled towards the northern wall. She gazed out at the forsaken world that surrounded this haven for those without means to protect themselves. The kitsune stood there for much longer than she had intended to only Raakshdos’ voice --rather his thoughts-- pulled her from the translike state she had been in, “Master,” She whispered to the wind.

Closing her eyes gently she tilted her head back and took a deep breath. She vanished in a volley of blue fire only to appear a moment later next to her Raakshdos, “You called,” She replied gently to the much larger man.

Brutus Magnolia - Warden's Keep

He noticed the hooded angel first and headed straight for the sign up sheet. It had been a while since he'd used a quill and ink but he was able to sign his name neatly nonetheless. He was committed now, this would be his and Rhiannon's first trial in their quest to attain a safe and happy life together. As he finished signing the sheet he heard a young voice call out. Turning towards its point of origin he saw a girl who couldn't have been older than fifteen approaching him and Rhiannon.

"Hey there pipsqueak, aren't you a little young to be going on adventures?" Compared to his tall frame, the girl was incredibly tiny, so Brutus kneeled down to better maintain eye contact. It was then that he noticed her peculiar looking wings, they looked nothing like the wings of any angel he'd ever seen. Even as the warden Ratchel appeared, he compared her wings to the child's and there was a significant difference. The teenager smelled off as well, nothing like a human or angel or even a daemon. She was something completely different.

"What's your name kid, and what's the deal with those fancy looking wings of yours?"

Imogen - Warden's Keep

The girl approached Brutus and Rhiannon, she waved as Rhiannon snuffed a "hello" and then paid closer attention to the man calling her a pipsqueak who was to young to be on adventures. He knelt down in front of her to speak to her, something that annoyed her but was used to due to her petite frame. She watched him study her while presenting a smile, as if she was on display. Brutus's question about her wings caught her off guard and the smile fell from her face into a surprised look. She cocked her head to see the wings behind her and turned back to him.

"Oh these? I'm a fairy of course. They're fairy wings! " the girl replied with excitement before the wings began to dissolve into the breeze that passed through, like leaves being carried away by the fall wind. "My name is Imogen by the way and I am not too young for adventures! I am 163!" Imogen remarked, her hands on her hips. "What's your name anyway, you shouldn't make fun of a person without telling them who you are first!"

Wolf had arrived at Warden's Keep first and awaited Calm, who arrived immediately after.

"<Now Wolf, tell me what is this all about?>" She asks

"<Apparently there is an item of significance importance called the Aditi's Plume needs to be recovered.>" He replied

"<Really? Is that all? Doing a favor out of the goodness of your heart are you?>" Calm commented. Wolf didn't really take kindly to the sarcasm, but he continued on.

"<The search party is to leave for Oblitus.>"

"<Oblitus? Are you sure? If so then why do you want us to go? Is the Honor Guard finally ready to head home so soon?>"

"<No of course not. But this would be a good opportunity to quickly report in back to the Emerald Knight. I believe he would be rather interested in this event. Perhaps he or the Necromancers would know what this....Aditi's Plume is.>"

"<Then I assume you want me to sneak away->"

"<No. I shall be the one who goes. There are some questions I need answered by the Necromancers.>"

"<Really? That is...very unlike you. Abandoning a search party that you yourself had signed up for? That sounds...rather dishonorable.>" Calm's interest had peaked. Something must have happened recently that had shaken rather greatly. "<....Fine. If that's what you want, then the first chance you have leave. You shall deal with the ramifications yourself though. I shall cover for you as best I can.>"

"<I thank you Sister. Now let us go. I believe it is not to late to sign up for the search.>" Said Wolf and the two sign up for the Search

Rythe, Warden's Keep

Nodding to himself, he stood and addressed the volunteers before him, calm and confident, "Welcome aboard the expedition! Now, before we continue, I have to let you know: this venture may be very perilous, even to the most disciplined of New Eden. I believe we'll be traveling through a variety of environments, like deserts or mountainous regions, as well as encountering species we've never seen before. That being said, we must be prepared for any terrain, any hostiles, and any possibility. We have to travel light, but prepared; quick, but cautious; above all, unyielding. If the occasion presents itself, be expected to be led into battle by either the Grandmaster or myself, and as a tip, stay out of the path of the blue bull. In a skirmish, keep your ears on either of our voices or you may be caught out when an order is hollered. I expect great feats on this journey, and I hope to get to know each and every one of you as we travel. Be keen, vigilant, and faithful in our darkest hour, for we will always triumph in the final battle."

Lowering himself back into the chair, he continued, "Don't be surprised if you hear me spouting this again to the newer volunteers."

Ratchel
entering the Wardens keep.

Walking up to all of them she finally noticed Imogen Ratchel not noticing due to Brutus's sheer size blocking the girl seriously this guy was a colossus and was kinda hot. But she knew that he had a thing for Rhiannon so the hunt is still on for Ratchel to find someone. Speaking of Rhiannon. "huh so you two decided to volunteer? I could see Brutus but you Rhiannon? I mean no offense but I never pegged you for the Warrior type, just a kind seamstress that makes beautiful clothing." chuckling lightly just to be friendly.

"Speaking of clothing.... Don't you think that attire is a little.... Revealing ?" It wasn't a bad suit for travel or combat but something about it being on Rhiannon felt a little strange to Ratchel like these two things didn't belong. her train of thought was broken by Rythe making an announcement

Hearing from one of the Ethereal's Rythe himself that they would possibly be traversing different environments caught her off guard a bit. Sure this mission was dangerous beyond anything Ratchel had possibly ever done and the chances that she could.... Not come back, were as high as everyone else's and she had a son with no father to look after him. She would be gone for weeks possibly months if all things are considered. It was then she realized she was sweating a little from the thought, damn it! she hated when people possibly saw her scared or in a bad state of mind. "Oh, I ran all the way here after dropping off my son... I'm fine really."

Cazimir Heskel
Outside the Warden's Keep, Avalon District

After spending a bit of his time playing around with Dante, Cazimir decided to go above ground. Why? Well, everyone seemed to be already busy in the underground, and now that he had nobody to pester, it was getting quite boring. As he walked, twirling pouch of gold on his fingers, his eyes caught a familiar figure. Scarlet hair and eyes, she was just standing there, looking over at the crowd of people walking in inside the keep. She looked clean and fresh, as though she had just taken a bath, but her expression was that of fatigue and uncertainty. As he walked closer to her, he realized that she indeed had just taken a bath, as evidenced by her slightly damp hair. Their eyes caught, and she straightened up, nodding respectfully at him.

"Caizimir." she murmured.
"Rene'ilyah." he said with a raise of an eyebrow. "I haven't seen you in a while. You look terrible."
"Do I?' she asked, as she looked down on herself. FInding nothing articularly off, she shook her head. "I'm not. Why would you say that?"
He leaned closer and held her chin, staring into her eyes with a tilt of his head. "It's the look in your eyes, Renee. Had a rough day?"
Unfazed, she laughed, but it was dry, with no humor. She hugged herself and stepped back, closing her eyes. "That's putting it lightly."
"What happened?"
She shook her head, looking back at the keep with a determined look on her face, even as her eyes were glistening unshed tears. "It's just... my father---"

Cazimir stared blankly. He knew she had just lost her dad, and seeing her like this made him feel a little uneasy. Renee has always been a strong, no nonsense girl. The one he enjoys sparring with. They don't know much about each other though, and for her safety, he'd like to keep it that way. His heart... ached for her. And that's when he knew he had to change the topic and get out of her sight soon. So instead of asking for more details, he stared at the keep as well and asked. "What's up in there?"

Renee gave him a questioning look. "Didn't you know? The city is accepting sign ups for people who are willing to go to Oblitus... the plume has been stolen..." she trailed off.

Cazimir's eyes widened. "Excuse me? How in the hell..."

She shook her head. She didn't know much of the details either. Caz twirled the pouch on his fingers again. Soon enough, a grin formed in his face. "Interesting... very interesting." he murmured. His expression brightened significantly. "That's great! I can have a little more fun today! Are you going to sign up?"

Renee stared at the people again, looking uncertain. "I haven't... decided yet." she replied honestly.

Caz shrugged. "Well, that sucks for you. See you around, Renee!" he said, as he walked gave a mock salute and walked towards the crowd nonchalantly. "Excuse me! Coming through! Now, will someone tell me how I can sign up?" he yelled, quite rudely, gathering everyone's attention.

Salazaar, inside the Warden’s Keep, Avalon District

The crowd irritated him. After hundreds of years spent in solitude, so many people talking and shouting were making him irked even more then he anticipated.

But Salazaar was a nosy faery and gathering, especially the one in which he could feel both excitement and anxiety, was just too interesting to ignore. It didn’t take long for him learn, that it was caused by Warden’s organizing the search of the Aditi’s Plume. And this information made his brows rise.

Was it snatched just from under Wardens’ noses? Salazaar made his way through the crowd, full of people higher than him, and not caring too much for the petite faery. He looked around himself at the motley crew that surrounded him. Whoever did that could probably tear half of them apart just by staring at them unkindly.

This thought amused him a little bit, though it passed quickly when he was almost hit with an elbow of one particularly careless man, that looked like if a nearby mountain decided to take a stroll. Dodging under his arm, Salazaar touched it briefly, leaving in it a germ of a very nasty illness, that was going to kill this man in the next two days in incredible pain.

It doesn’t seem like an interesting place. The warlock started to make his way outside of the Keep, when he heard somebody shouting so loud that everybody in the building could probably hear it. Salazaar turned angrily in the direction of the shouting person, seriously considering adding another victim to today’s list.

Do those short-living mortals know no respe~ his thought train was cut short, when he saw a man, who was the reason of this commotion. Salazaar’s eyes opened widely, when his past vision suddenly kicked in.

‘Death. Death following silver-haired boy like a shadow. Death and loss. Entire life around them. Against them. With them.’

The warlock has come to violent halt. Suddenly, leaving ceased to be that tempting. A seelie faery (or maybe half-faery?) walking through the crowd like an ice-breaker has out of nowhere become very, very interesting.

It appears that I am going on the adventure after all. Salazaar smiled in his head. He started to follow half-incubus, for now not closing the distance between them.

Last edited:
Raakshdos, played by Meliodas

The Warden's Keep

Outside
“Ryuna…” He muttered under his breath, looking up at her from behind seemingly sad eyes. She knew very little about her place in the world, but Ryuna was arguably one of the more important things in life to Raakshdos. When he was at his lowest, she appeared to him and had been there ever since, enduring all of it with him. Since the beginning of his journey, she had been the only one to stand beside him – even if she herself didn’t know the whole story. There was no replacing her importance. In a lot of ways, she was the very reason he managed to survive at all.

Without notice, he reached out, his arms slowly coursing the length of her waist and pulling her against him. Quickly, he forced her frail body against the wall, his larger frame imposing on her as he leaned his head down far enough to press his cold lips to hers. Their faces touching, he whispered quietly for her ears alone. “Forgive me. I didn’t mean to use so much of your power. Rage… unspeakable rage overcame me.” There was no explaining what had happened to Raakshdos prior to killing Grandmaster Anwil. He wasn’t himself.

“I promise; I won’t leave you behind like that again.” Taking a step back, he turned his attention towards the doors of the keep. With a hand outstretched, he reached for Ryuna. “Shall we?” It was time to rally the troops.

@RyunaSiege

Rhiannon - Wardens Keep

Rhainnon was about to inform Brutus that talking down on someone was rude when Ratchel’s question took her back for a moment. She blinked as she turned to the face the angel fully, “Are you worried about me corrupting you or someone?”

It was out of her mouth before she could do much more about. Her inner rage flared up for a moment causing her eyes to flash red. Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes and tried to count backwards from a hundred to calm her unraveling nerves. Hell’s hounds how she needed some blood at that moment. Her mind wasn’t filtering the harsher impulses she came by.

“Forgive me I fear things aren’t as they normally are with me today. I happen to have my own personal reasons for deciding to come along as well as why these ~clothes~,” She drew out the word slightly, “Work better than my other outfits.”

The vampire feared little in this moment. If the angel attacked her she wouldn’t hold back her needs nor her desire to rip something apart with her own two hands. Aditi be damned if she was going to hide any longer.

Ryuna, Wardens Keep

To say the kitsune was surprised by her master was an understatement from the very pits of Hell. Her golden eyes widened instantly as her ears splayed to either side of her dark head. Her gaze was searching his for a grain of understanding as her heart pounded like a drum in her tight chest. The very air in her lungs halted as his lips found her own.

The very world seemed to melt away as he became everything around her. Rough exterior wall bit into her back snagging her hair and bits of the silk black kimono she still wore none of which she noticed as her attention was completely encompassed by Raakshdos’ words. After a moment her hands found the armored back of his arms. She didn’t know what to say to the other only to be close for now.

When he pulled away she felt like something was suddenly missing from her very chest. Her hands reached for him. As his hand found one of hers that feeling eased. At his question she smiled widely as she followed him. There wasn’t a place in all of existence she wouldn’t follow him to despite feeling like a tether that held him back.

Last edited:
Brutus Magnolia - Warden's Keep

Brutus scratched the back of his head, an apologetic look on his face. "Sorry about that Imogen, I often forget that most races 'round here age a lot slower, my mouth just gets ahead of me. I'm Brutus, it's nice to meet you." He holds out his hand to shake hers. "Can't say I've ever met a faery before, hopefully you'll let me learn more as we travel together." He flashed her a heartwarming smile. She may be 163, but she looked like a kid and got all excited like a kid, and Brutus couldn't help but love kids.

His friendly mood was soured as he heard Ratchel's rather rude questions to Rhiannon. "Excuse me for a second, Imogen." He said as he stood back up to confront the mother. Taking Rhiannon's hand in his he glared at Ratchel. "Considering you just left your child all alone with no idea when you'll return, I don't think you have room to judge, Warden." He spoke to her with venom in his voice. He always got enraged when someone talked bad about the vampire. It sometimes led to trouble, but he would defend her honor to the death.

Imogen - Warden's Keep

Imogen accepted Brutus's handshake and met it with a firm grip while giving him her most infectious smile. She pondered his statement about wanting to learn more about her kind on their travels, unknowing how to respond to his request. My kind? What am I supposed to say... I don't even know. Imogen didn't know how to feel, sad? Angry? Lost? Confused? She quickly shook off the thoughts by shaking her head in the "no" gesture and watched as Brutus excused himself and walked over to vampire, taking her hand in his as he confronted Ratchel; a woman she had met at the cathedral.

The tension between the three of them was obvious to outside onlookers and naturally, almost seamlessly, Imogen wanted to understand and help the situation. Following Brutus's comment to Ratchel, the girl focused on the thoughts and feelings of both parties involved. Imogen started by reading Brutus; these feelings, protection? He came to her defense because of Ratchel's comment about her clothing. Love? Rhiannon... that must be the woman he's holding hands with. His feelings, they're intense. He truly cares about this woman and it's clear by his thoughts that he will not stand by when he believes someone is talking poorly about her. True love, I haven't felt this myself and rarely in other people; it's truly special. How cute!

The faery smiled as the warm feelings of love enveloped her, forgetting about Ratchel momentarily. Her attention shifted to the angel, whose facial expression appeared to look as if someone had wiped it away with a cloth, leaving behind only wide eyes. Imogen's smile quickly faded and the feelings of love escaped her body as she began to look into Ratchel's mind, now seeing her internal struggle between upholding her duty as a Warden and her duty as a mother. The faery felt Ratchel's pain as if it was her own. That poor woman, what a terrible decision to make. Imogen continued to search her mind for the reason she made the comment about Rhiannon that she did and quickly discovered that the angel did not mean anything about it. This is a big misunderstanding!

Imogen quickly sprang into action, skipping over to the three of them. "Hey now! No one here meant any harm, OK!" the faery turned to Brutus, "Ratchel didn't mean to say anything bad about Rhiannon." Imogen had used the vampire's name without having been introduced to her before, she then turned to Ratchel. "And you, you made a tough decision. That really sucks! Your boy will be OK though." Finally, the girl faced all three of them with the same infectious smile as before, "let's not fight OK! It's only a big misunderstanding!"

The young girl felt accomplished, she put her hands on her hips signaling a victory and for the first time in what seemed like forever, she had used her powers for something other than selfish gain. It was then that her smile was interrupted by a man approaching the group and demanding their attention with his boisterous voice. Imogen's hands fell from her hips as she looked at the man asking where to sign up, her eyes remaining on him as he walked up to and through the crowd. It was as if something was pulling him to her because she couldn't help but feel... something. "Who... who is that?" without realizing, she asked the question aloud.

Last edited:
Back