Ame Damnee The Warden's Keep

Jonathan Gold - Warden's Keep

He took the towel gratefully as he began to dry off his hair, waiting for the woman and her child to leave. "Important?" He asked the question almost flabbergasted. "I've been sent on this wild fucking goose chase while the Empyrean Palace is being attacked by skeletons and a really powerful army! The king is dead. Ordered me to take his life so they didn't take him captive. I need the Warden's help to take back what they've stolen." He shook in pain as he recalled taking his father figure's life.

Vagrinel Generith-Warden's Keep
Gregory's eyes widened in surprise as he heard that the king was dead. He would have told the spymaster to watch his tongue but he understood the distress that the boy was under. "Thank you for telling me, I will ready our best men immediately." He said as he opened the door, only to have Vagri stumble in the room a little with the support of the door disappearing. "You were eavesdropping, Vagrinel?"

Vagri nodded and shrugged as she looked down at Vira. "I was, sir." she looked up at Gregory with dull eyes. "I can help too." The warden sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Fine, but the child does not come." Vagri once again looked at Vira and smiled. "Go back to the shop, V-Vira. I need to help with some things." With that, Vira left and Vagri summoned her hammer to her side as she did so, gazing at Gregory and Jon with a tired gaze. "Alright, come. We need to get the men ready."

Johnathan Gold - Warden's Keep

Jon let out a sigh of relief at Gregory's immediate call to action. "Thank you sir." He said as he followed Gregory and the woman who he called Vagrinel out to assemble the rest of the Wardens. He needed something to distract him, the grief he felt starting to weigh on his mind the longer the silence between the three persisted. He turned to Vagri as the trio continued to walk. "Vagrinel, eh? You wouldn't happen to own a florist shop in town would you? I stopped by there one time to pick out some flowers for my mother. She really adored them and I'd been wanting to thank the owner for a while." A random topic, he knew, but it was the only thing he could think of to preoccupy him currently.

Vagrinel Generith- Warden's Keep
Vagri looked at Jon with surprise for a moment before nodding. "Yes, I remember. Daisies was it?" She asked as they walked along. "You were one of the only ones who bought the daisies but I'm glad she liked them." Vagri said with a faint smile before turning back to Gregory who seemed to have been yelling at the straggling wardens to ready up before stopping in an area that held most of the men. She stayed back as he relayed the message to his men about the palace and noticed how they seemed to ready as soon as he spoke. Looking back at Jon with a curious glance, she asked, "No one helped you with this when you came? It seems rather important."

He nodded in appreciation when Vagri mentioned the flowers he talked about, the faint smile lifting his own spirits somewhat. He was surprised at how quickly Gregory managed to rally the Wardens to action. Had he found Gregory first, Jon might've saved himself one hell of a headache. He scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment at Vagri's words. "With no Grandmaster around, the power structure is a mess. Very few people know what my job is, its the point of being a spymaster. But unfortunately, when a random stranger comes barging in, soaking wet and saying the palace is being overrun, they think of madness before actually taking me seriously." He shrugged, it wasn't the first time he was regarded as a madman, but it was the first time it happened in the middle of a true crisis.

"Ah, they probably have dealt with a boy who cried wolf situations many times before this then if it garners that kind of reaction." she said with a shake of her head. "At least, we're taking care of it now." Just as she said that Gregory returned, his men assembling not far behind him. "We're ready to go. Vagri, Jonathan, I'm giving you two a temporary position to lead my men with me." Turning to his men, he said. "Vagri is a seasoned warrior and Jonathan here has worked in the palace directly. You are to follow their orders like you do mine without question or hesitation, understood?" When he got an affirmative, he nodded and began walking out of the keep. "The horses are prepared and well trained. Get one and let's head out."

He gave Gregory a nod and took one of the horses he had been offered. He wasn't used to giving direct orders to men, his specialty was strategy and infiltration, along of course with espionage, but he would certainly do his best to lead these men as well as either Gregory or Vagrinel would. "Alright then, follow me. I know the quickest route to the palace entrance." He said as he whipped his horse into motion. They'd be at the palace within the hour at least.

Back