Gods Among Men The Watchtower

Kyle was silent, he didn't know what to say. What could he say? A world was destroyed on the Green Lanterns' watch.

"I'm new, but that's what my ring told me is the case. The Psions are supposed to be isolated." He said, "The Guardians wouldn't let this happen." Kyle told Iry'oz.

"Unless..." Kyle began, "It's been all hands on deck since yellow powers rings started showing up all over the place." He explained.

"That is no excuse. At least one Lantern should have been keeping an eye on the Psions." Terrific told the young Green Lantern, "I know, I'm sorry. I'll speak to the Guardians, get to the bottom of this." Kyle promised.

"- if you could," began Iry'oz, stepping forward once more. "The least you could do now is find the remaining Tamaraneans. They're out there somewhere. Many of us escaped the planet before it exploded. Komand'r leads them. They will need a home, too."

"I can try. They can be anywhere in the known universe." Kyle told Iry'oz, letting the bleeding heart in him show in his tone of voice.

"There's more than enough Lanterns dealing with the power rings. No one will notice if I disappear for awhile." He said, "I'll get to it." The young Green Lantern said, moving to leave the room.

"Anything you find comes straight back here. I don't care about your chain of command, Lantern." Terrific told the young man as he passed him by.

"If you find them, let them know where I am!" Iry'oz called to him. "Tell them I looked. Let them know. I looked for a long time."

A swell of emotion built up in her chest, but she obeyed Terrific's word and swallowed it. "Good fortune on your journey." And mine.

"It's time you went down to the surface." Terrific told Iry'oz, "By now, we should have arranged for you to begin the registration process."

"In due time, you will officially be an Earthling." The superhero said, "Come. I'll take you to the transporters."

Terrific headed out of the briefing room, leading Iry'oz to an elevator. Once the pair were inside it would begin it's ascension.

The elevator doors would open to reveal the Watchtower's teleporter room.

It was a large room, it's transporters right in the middle. Techs manned the consoles that controlled them and engineers were making sure there wouldn't be any mishaps.

No further mishaps, at least.

"We are ready to go, Mister Terrific. Prepped for transport to the Hall." One of the techs said.

"Stand on that pad, Iry'oz. It will take you to the surface and you can begin your new life." Terrific said to the alien refugee.

Last edited:
Iry'oz did as she was asked and stood on the pad with a sliver of uncertainly. She gazed at Terrific, mustering a smile.

"This has all happened very quickly, but... thank you. Be well."

"One more thing." Terrific said, gesturing to the elevator. It was in transistor again, it was coming up after heading back down.

The doors opened up to reveal Jankowski and his team. There were five of them in total. Jankowski, two women, and two more men.

"Major Jankowski and his team will be acting as your protection. Tensions are high on Earth." Terrific told Iry'oz as Jankowski and his team joined her on the pad.

"Good luck." Terrific said, waving a farewell as the teleporter began to do it's job.

Eventually the group would be gone from the Watchtower without a trace.

Back