Open The Whispers in darkness

Again what little patience he had for the demon reached its end. His all-present smile faded into a very dark frown, his one eye that seemed so vibrant if mad, had quickly turned cold and hard, he was ready to show this little brat what true nightmares were. After all he wasn't just a lord of a sphere in the dreaming world but a veteran warrior that was familiar with battle. In fact his original purpose required he fight the dark abstracts born in darkness. Mephos had long ago forsaken his task as the lord of dreams, of giving hope and a promise of better things to come.... How could their be any hope when she was gone. His creator. His... mother.

The thought sent a shard of pain through him so knife Sharpe that he visibly winced momentarily letting his guard down as the demon prince closed his hand around his neck and actually manage to temporarily seep his demonic power into Mephos. He would not forget this. Even as he was place unceremoniously on the ground, knees hitting the hard concrete the demon slinking off into the darkness of the city the lord of nightmares's gaze never left the retreating demons.

Sighing as if nothing had happened the young looking man dusted himself off as the smile returned to his pleasant if slightly creepy looking pale face. "Kids today am I right?" Still clearly in the mood for some conversation he started to gravitate towards Blindfold, with an eye at the back of his head in case he caught sight of Amaimon again.... He would not simply do some damned tricks or play the clown with the one who angered him.... Well the latter was debatable but he would still make the arrogant demon pay. Not just for managing to luck out on a blow. But for reminding him, even for just a second, of a life that should just stay dead. "Quite the little port isn't it? Sure it might have that dead eye rustic look in its architecture and its mortals, but if you know where to look you can always find something interesting."O yes. Mephos who'd arrived only a few days ago had already cataloged such interesting secrets held within the towns collective unconscious his archive of sleep held all the information of any who dreamed. And the eldritch nightmares that lay behind the elites of the town certainly was a page turner.

@OmegaRper42
Blindfold smiled, gesturing toward his namesake.
"I wouldn't know what it looks like."
But he could feel it, practically smell it in the air, not just the stench of the dirty port, but the stench of uncanny misfortune that hung in the air around them. The nightmares were just a part of it, and the former lord of them that stood in front of him was connected to all of it. Maybe just another fly in an endless web.
Blindfold answered his other (rhetorical) question.
"Yes. It is rather... interesting."
The Man, from whom he sensed something like sympathy toward Mephos, talked inside his head.
Bindfold, The Man said to him, How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
Blindfold reeled from the probably meaningless question. I wouldn't know.
The Man chuckled. Depends on the tune.

@OmegaRper42 @TMITM
Amaimon smiled from the shadows. He knew what he could use for Blindfold, but Mephos was different. He could get rid of The Man. He could kill him. Blindfold was amusing, he was an interesting subject. He wondered what The Man was. He chuckled a bit to himself. Mephos, on the other hand, would be difficult. He knew he wanted someone back, but he didn't want him to feel joy, no. He wanted Mephos to suffer, for the fun of it. He wanted to hear him beg for mercy. He loved watching others in pain.

Thousands of years of experience let the red haired nightmare lord deduce that this blindfold wasn't exactly normal. Even compared to supernatural phenomena this man, or whatever he truly was had a sixth sense that went beyond anything physical. And it became clearer that Blindfold was suspecting Mephos had something to do with this port.... Best let him think that for now, that little misinformation might come in handy later. In truth even he had little understanding of what dark forces lay behind this port, the dreams of the elite told him so much yet so little. A time when their ancestors landed. Cults that only the privileged knew about. barging with demons and other dark spirits in order to gain more power and bobbles. O yes this town certainly had enough negative energy to create warps in the cognitive world, certainly enough to actually start affecting reality. People often underestimated how powerful the mind was and especially dreams.. But this? This fog and the almost vacant faces of the people here certainly wasn't normal. This was the work of some darker phantasm more ancient than even the port or perhaps the stars themselves.

Such musings for him where rare and quite hard for him to maintain, in fact he felt quite foggy right now himself.... "Whoop!" He said suddenly, punching himself so hard in the face that it seemed he broke his own neck with the force. "hehe Not the best way to keep yourself sharp but certainly gets a raise out of people." Despite the blood now trickling down the side of his lip and the large bruise that covered his cheek he still held onto that wield pleasant smile. If Blindfolds magical sense where as acute as Mephos guessed than he'd sense that when Mephos punched himself his first was covered in a strange discordant energy that gave off a strange scent... Strawberries?

"Anyway you seem like an interesting guy." He was aware that this had been said multiple times by himself and the demon whelp. "Might tag along with you for right now. Yes. Not like I have much to do, towns full of early birds that always catch the worm as they say." And in truth if he stayed with him than he might run into the prince and make him suffer.

@OmegaRper42
Blindfold shrugged.
"I don't have much to do here, anyway. I was just looking for something."
And he was. Blindfold's mission was to find an object that the Man said was of great importance.
Wait. Maybe the Dream Lord could help.
"Speaking of, have you seen a locket, solid gold and heart-shaped, about - " Blindfold guestured the size of his palm, "yea big? Unopenable?"
The Man had told Blindfold that he should find it, and that there was... someone ... he should meet, which intrigued him. The Man didn't often suggest for people for Blindfold to meet, but when he did, they were usually very interesting characters.

Last edited:
"Aren't we all." He muttered to himself but loud enough to be heard by the blindfolded man thing, either not really aware or not caring if he was heard he leaned languidly on the lamp post near a conveniently placed pub. Was that always there? He and no doubt blindfold could now begin to smell the actually tantalizing scent of peppered eggs and oatmeal. A very nice smell but also off-putting when taking the environment around them into account. A shady ass-backwards port that had decent smelling food....... Screw it. "Let's talk over breakfast, I'm absolutely famished. You can't eat enough nowadays, especially when you consider the Great Depression where in right now. Aha. Humans, so foolish and desperate it almost makes me feel sorry for them." Giving a wolfish smile that would do a demon proud. "Almost."

Ignoring the question about a locket for now he and blindfold walked into the pub. It was what one would expect for a town like this fisherman themed nearly run down looking, yet the food smelt heav- really good, and if he could see out of his remaining eye than the tables where nearly spotless... "Damned good. Really damned good. Wouldn't you say?" Gesturing to a table he let the comment hang in the air hoping that the blindfold man would get the meaning. "And I can't say I recall right now anything about a locket." The almost non sequitur answer was followed by Mephos reaching into his pocket, fiddling around as if trying to find some stubborn penny. "Where the devil. I know I- aha!" Triumphant he pulled out what appeared to be a small leather bound book. The thing was unremarkable at first glance and no doubt anyone would just dismiss it as a creepy guys book. Yet if Blindfolds senses where as acute as his benefactor allowed them to be he'd be able to sense that this little book was so so much more. That what mephos held was the culmination of all fantasy that the human mind could come up with only when they slumbered, and the hidden truths behind the subconscious mind. "Maybe someone else has a clue." Chuckling. "Wouldn't hurt to look." Opening the small book he gaze into the vastness of the entire towns collective memory from their dreams. If blindfold would 'look' into the book he'd see shifting dimensions and things that defied the natural laws of physics all that symbolized the knowledge of the dreamer.
@TMITM

As suggested, Blindfold 'looked' into the book, more relying on his newfound sense than anything to read the book.
The Man offered guidance, and Blindfold took it, the Man guiding him throughout the dreams that didn't make sense at all to him, but the Man seemed to get the hang of it rather quickly.
Now, The Man said, Let's see if we can find your Mac'guffin.
My what?
Blindfold asked.
Nevermind. Don't think about it too hard.
And so the Man took hold of his mind and guided it through the dreams, some good, some bad, some about the Man, but most not. Blindfold found a lot, actually, about the Locket, usually in passing, or in small details, like a character wearing it here, holding it there, on the desk there, but never could he find a concrete location, or any sort of similarities between the instances except the calming aura, and then the subsequent lull into dreamless sleep.
As the Man pulled them both out of the Dream Book, Blindfold staggered and shook his head once he got his bearings back.
"No, sorry, I couldn't find much."

Back