The Wider Galaxy [Nation building]

I noticed a flaw of sorts.

So... Sci-fi? Some nations are feudal, others industrial etc. etc. I think that advanced world civilization is bound to win against others.

So... Sci-fi? Some nations are feudal, others industrial etc. etc. I think that advanced world civilization is bound to win against others.
Often the feudal or cavemen like species have some sort of unique advantage, and aside from that i'm fine with playing against a slightly stacked deck as i enjoy RPing a race that's being quickly uplifted.

Well it's not really a flaw, especially when the rp is more about nation interaction rather than war. And also fun

Well it's not really a flaw, especially when the rp is more about nation interaction rather than war. And also fun
Mhm. I just feel a bit sceptic in this due to my memory with people having differing levels of technology. THe ones with higher technology tend to enslave/colonize the planets of the less advanced species.

To be perfectly honest, I'm doing that already. Mining away at the less advanced worlds.
And the natives are in no place to fight back. This is why I feel sceptic of doing a rp with differing power levels. I did not see the interest in doing barbarians in medieval settings either, when you could have fortified forts, horses, steel, and catapults instead of fur armor and axes.

Technically my species are the Genghis Khans of this setting. They just haven’t made it to space.

Yet.

Last edited:
Which is also why I am too worried to join this rp. xD... Hell, I have had trouble joining any epic roleplays, anyway.

Well if there is an aggressive faction that wants to go to war, they have to ask the other party first. If someone just tries to invade without asking then that's a good way to get kicked.

I mean if you're that worried about it then I would suggest not joining

I wanted to make a faction very suitable for exploration, but very political and divided. Should be fun for more united factions to play with. Let me know if you want anything changed.

I wanted to make a faction very suitable for exploration, but very political and divided. Should be fun for more united factions to play with. Let me know if you want anything changed.
Sounds fine! I'll review your sheet after it's posted and I'll pm you any changes you need to make, if any

Back